Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Lonely Solo Missions

Comments

• I'll bet you're right fadedjean. Thanks for the reply.
  • fadedjean (US1)fadedjean (US1) US1 Posts: 181
    You're welcome... glad I could give assist from my recall of others experiencing the same.
  • Zuko (IN1)Zuko (IN1) Posts: 594
    Any idea why do we get solo missions regularly ?
  • Any idea why do we get solo missions regularly ?
    The short answer is because of the way the search works. It "appears" to decide what type of mission you are going to have and then looks for other players on the same difficulty level as you, who are also getting same type of mission. So you can end up with 4 players that "could" be matched together in one mission, each doing a solo mission of a diff type.
  • In a word.........
    get over it, it will continue to happen. alot of top players dont do missions in the challenge anymore purely because although they have asked for GG to change it so they dont keep getting solo missions, nothing has been done
  • sue3202 wrote: »
    Ok, so the Coop challenge is 3hrs old and I'm on my 6th solo challenge! When are GGS going to sort this out? It makes a travesty out of the challenge

welcome to my world on ggs :( i get 85% solo missions during challenge now .... have since the 3rd challenge started.... let challenge end then i am back to only 75% solo missions ( big whoop ).... you would think ggs would figure out that they need to go back to letting people pick their own missions.... i never had a solo then

Totally agree with you

• Emma66 (GB1)Emma66 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 134
    Personally, I would rather play the same mission 4 x in a row with opponents, than have 4 x solo missions. Especially since, once you get an opponent, you tend to carry on getting matched with them therefore reducing the likelihood of repeat missions. If GG rewarded effort, irrespective of whether you had an opponent or not, this would resolve part of the problem. It would also put a stop to those players who, in 2 player missions, don't harvest anything when they don't think they can win, in order to deliberately reduce the score of the winner, a spiteful and unsporting tactic which has been encouraged by the co-op leader of one co-op to my certain knowledge. In any case, we haven't played the last few challenges, and are unlikely to be playing this one, it's less a co-op challenge these days and more a battle for which co-op has the wealthiest players, so has got a little tedious.
  • Personally, I would rather play the same mission 4 x in a row with opponents, than have 4 x solo missions. Especially since, once you get an opponent, you tend to carry on getting matched with them therefore reducing the likelihood of repeat missions. If GG rewarded effort, irrespective of whether you had an opponent or not, this would resolve part of the problem. It would also put a stop to those players who, in 2 player missions, don't harvest anything when they don't think they can win, in order to deliberately reduce the score of the winner, a spiteful and unsporting tactic which has been encouraged by the co-op leader of one co-op to my certain knowledge. In any case, we haven't played the last few challenges, and are unlikely to be playing this one, it's less a co-op challenge these days and more a battle for which co-op has the wealthiest players, so has got a little tedious.

Thats the words i was looking for ..............I agree, but hey the question is will GG sort it
    again in a word ..............NOOOOO   Lol
  • On my uk farm, I did a number of missions in the same way (5,200 eggs, earthbreaker=4) and recorded the number of certs I got (I wasn't paying attention to rep).

If I was first, and at least one other player was participating, I always got 126 certs.
    If I was second I always got 82 certs, even if there was only one other player.
    If I was third or below, I got 59 certs.
    If I was the only participating player I got 59 certs.

I believe that a solo finish should give at least as many certs as a second place finish. Treating it as a last place finish in a field of 3+ is unfair.

• ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    ggs i got 9 alone mission when cc was started, this is very bad to play  and waste my time in cc,
    hope u can understand what the feeling come when u get 9 alone mission continuosly
    please fix this problem else we are not playing cc 
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    We can see that solo missions remain a big topic within our community and it has not gone unnoticed, I can promise you that.

As soon as there is time, we would like to evaluate some ideas in regards to how solo missions could be prevented.

Just out of curiosity, definitely not planned, set in stone or our only option, but what would you think about facing AI opponents, bots of some kind, competing against you and being your sparring partner in a solo mission?

• Provided that there was a fair chance of winning without having to use gold, this would be acceptable and preferable to solo missions imo.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 16.12.2015
    Firstly...... YES YES YES WOHOOOOOOOOOOO BRING ON DA BOTS!!! 

Now, when you say "competing against you" what do you mean exactly?

When we have an op we get to go see their farm & size up the competition or base our strategy on how much gold they might be willing to use or if we were just in an egg mission with them and now have a dung mission & we know they harvested all their ducks etc.... A bot would have no farm, no restrictions on how many times in an hour it could harvest its imaginary stables & fields & unlimted gold. So if the bot was going to respond to our score & keep increasing its own, that would not be good at all.

I would prefer to see a bot have a fixed score from the start of the mission, set at a reasonable amount for the difficulty level of the player, that we can choose to try and beat if we wish or come 2nd & at least get better rewards for that then we currently do for a solo mission.

I would also like to see a bot in a mission where we have ops that do not post any score, as that results in a solo mission too. Obviously a mission where 2 people post a score does not need a bot present :)

• PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    Firstly...... YES YES YES WOHOOOOOOOOOOO BRING ON DA BOTS!!! 

I would also like to see a bot in a mission where we have ops that do not post any score, as that results in a solo mission too. Obviously a mission where 2 people post a score does not need a bot present :)
    Agree with the first sentence, it sound cool.

How in the world should a game know if i do harvest things before starting a mission.

• What about an accept lonely mission or search again?
    Surely the missions are based on wether someone else with the same productivity capability is looking for a mission, an extra 5 mins wouldn't harm anyone, if they had a choice.
  • How in the world should a game know if i do harvest things before starting a mission.

You could have a bot at the start of every mission & as soon as 2 people post a score the bot disappears (or its score changes to 0). :)
  • The bot idea would be a huge improvement over what we have now.

I suppose the bot(s) could just "harvest" random amounts at random times, with the final total being within range of what a human in that difficulty bracket might do.

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Bots sound fine just as long as one doesn't show up on my doorstep with a shotgun looking for Sarah Connor!
  • Oh how right you all are. When we got coop missions I also get solo missions and it does not give many certificates  its not fair play.
    CM Nafaru said:
    We can see that solo missions remain a big topic within our community and it has not gone unnoticed, I can promise you that.

As soon as there is time, we would like to evaluate some ideas in regards to how solo missions could be prevented.

Just out of curiosity, definitely not planned, set in stone or our only option, but what would you think about facing AI opponents, bots of some kind, competing against you and being your sparring partner in a solo mission?
    I wonder why you can do it  in george  where we compete with persons from example: level 1 to 50
    or 50-100 that would be fair. In this coop combat I was up at lvl 100-215 and im lvl 61 - do you think its fair to do that??? I don t

• I like the bot idea!

@ funnyplayer7 @ skn 1  You are placed with levels like that based on how well you do, not your XP level. I've had cc against all kinds of XP levels, looking at their farms and RP, I see that is why I'm in that group.

CM Nafaru said:

I wonder why you can do it  in george  where we compete with persons from example: level 1 to 50
    or 50-100 that would be fair. In this coop combat I was up at lvl 100-215 and im lvl 61 - do you think its fair to do that??? I don t

i also get lonely mision continuous;y i mad a record of 9 alone mision thats very bad to me ,
    as per level i think 1-50 level and then next level is 51-90 and after 90- 174and then 175-500 
    i think this is quite fair when all farmer click at the same time then if lv match then they ll come in same mission 

CM Nafaru said:

i also get lonely mision continuous;y i made a record of 9 alone mision thats very bad to me ,
    as per level i think 1-50 level and then next level is 51-90 and after 90- 174and then 175-500 
    i think this is quite fair when all farmer click at the same time then if lv match then they ll come in same mission 

• edited 25.12.2015
    That is simply another good example of GGS short sight planning. They most of the time do that and that is why most of the time they touch that game to supposedly make it better, they screw it up even more. They fail to plan ahead, to foresee what will happen and then people complain rightfully so. Most high ranked players have completed their trucks and have no more reasons to compete in missions... there is simply no incentive to do so, thx to GGS wonderful DEV team. So we end up again, with a "broken" part of the game.

I have said it many times and will say it again: The only thing that GGS does not make any mistake on whatsoever is... drum roll... The Buy Gold web page! That works flawlessly every single time. Amazing, no? I'm starting to think that they (GGS) gave that portion of the site dev to a sub-contractor that actually knew what he was doing. LOL

All I have to say...

IO
    The thing is GGS know EXACTLY what they are doing, there is a reason behind it, it is just that the players do not yet know. Take the neighbours/market , why would GGS give us a bonus on sales of crops? we got the answer in the form of the Santa's List, not only that but players were advising others to keep the crops stocked up for the "events", so GGS try to prevent that. It is simple  less stock to do a task, higher probability to use Gold, more gold used, more Gold sales......  Going back to SOLO missions... less points, less certificates higher probability to use gold to get more points/certs ! 
  • poohbeardeb74 (GB1) said:
    Going back to SOLO missions... less points, less certificates higher probability to use gold to get more points/certs ! 
    I don`t know about others, but the opposite if true for me, I never use gold in a solo mission, in fact I don`t even waste crops on them. I might harvest chickens or regular corn or flowers, but I wouldn`t waste a harvest of cows or ducks or use any special seeds or gold in a mission thats going to give me 3rd place rewards no matter what I score.
  • There are way too many solo missions in this Co-op Challenge.  GGS please overhaul this stagnant event, it is in dire need of a fresh and updated challenge!   B)
    Hello.
    The problem of solo missions  is not solved yet and affect many of us. In my case, out of 5 missions, 4 are solo since November and I tried everything - stopped the missions for few days, or lost on purpose those with company... :'(
    Please fix this problem as soon as possible, before the start of new coop. challenge.
    Thank you!
  • Since the last coop championship I am always alone in missions. I couldn't give my best for my coop during that time, because I got too little points. And that is going on and on and on again - always ALONE. We are expecting another coop championship and I don't want to spend all my time competing with myself, so please help me.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Something must need tweaking... I play daily, know plenty of people are online and all I get are SOLO Missions! There is no fun in this! There is no purpose to do the missions, if I am only playing by myself!

I know there are a lot of others out there with the same issue.

Please have the devs look into this, it has to be some kind of bug in the system!!!

Thanks

JVD
  • I agree with JVD,  I either do solo missions or with people many, many levels higher than I am.  I have just leveled up to 76. I'm still developing my farms.  I get placed in missions with people twice my level.  Or I get a solo.  Neither one is much fun.  Is this something the devs could please look into ? 

Many thanks,

Elaine.

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    just want to add, I have been playing for 6 hours today and doing missions back to back and have had 100% solo missions.... :(
  • FarmerMarkD (US1)FarmerMarkD (US1) US1 Posts: 119
    Seems like all I get are solos. Once in a great while I'll get one other person. This even happens during the coop challenge, when we KNOW many, many people are playing missions. What gives? This has been a long-standing problem, and I know it's been complained about before, and fixes were promised multiple times. Yet still we get solo missions. Can't this be fixed?
Sign In to comment.