Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 3rd - Too late for New Year's Eve? - Discussion

Comments

• Funny but also sad thing is that I could not send a link of the Official Announcement to the rest of the co op.  

This was because of the word filtration list.      The last 3 letters of "years" and first letter of "eve"  produce a word that prevented me from sending this link to my coop      How silly this word filtering can be sometimes. 

I wish staff would have realized this ahead of time to save themselves some embarrassment.  

• Funny but also sad thing is that I could not send a link of the Official Announcement to the rest of the co op.  

This was because of the word filtration list.      The last 3 letters of "years" and first letter of "eve"  produce a word that prevented me from sending this link to my coop      How silly this word filtering can be sometimes. 

I wish staff would have realized this ahead of time to save themselves some embarrassment.  

Isn't that text part of the link optional?

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/118197

• I wanted to send  the link from the official announcement,   

Not the link for the discussion of the official announcement. 

• my video is still not working !!!!1 you said it was fixed
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 03.02.2016
    "Various inappropriate/long/broken videos should have been fixed or removed"

Videos are worse than ever.  Not one reward for past several days IF THEY EVEN WORKED.  Supersonic ads are terrible.  "Sorry, try again" or they play & no reward, and a 6+ minute video?? 

Perhaps the "fix" was not applied yet?  I hope that is the case, or you have made a months long bad situation even worse.

Post edited by adoptapet (US1) on
  • Adopt A pet.  The fix from the New Years update has not been applied yet. The update will be done sometime on the 3rd. Midnight GGS time is 9PM PST, the updates usually seem to be done during our night sometime. Hopefully when you try it tomorrow all will be well again.  I know you are not a new player, so I expect you know all about checking that your programs are up to date, clearing the browser and flash cashes, rebooting the computer and trying a different browser.  

@CM Popeye    ..... Hmmmmm the @cm doesn't seem to be working, so hope you see this Popeye.

**** Popeye****

We need to know the date and time that the New Years Event will start.  We have a lot of different time zones to work with and since the event has a DAY for this and a DAY for that, we need to know the time--in GGS time of course as we are used that,  so we can take full advantage of the event and adjust our shedules accordingly.  So, please try to get that for us.  Thanks

Yes, I tried to send to my Co-op too!  Crazy that GGS's filters cannot even let us talk about the game in our e-mails.  They really need to fix that!!!  Can we have an answer about this please!  I can't talk about pea  cocks or my coc ker spaniel either!

• @CM Nafaru or @CM Latten 

The New Years Event sounds great, although a bit confusing,(there were several typos in the announcement too) I expect that I will understand more when I see it. 

We really need to know the day and time, in GGS time as usual that the New Years Event will start.  GGS needs to tell us to be fair to all players in all time zones, since there is a "Day" for one thing and a "Day" for others.  I do hope that is a 24 hours day too.    (The candy hunt was still short for the last day.)

So pretty please will you get it for us!!

Thanks!  <3<3<3

• I had the same link problem, it took me forever to find what it was filtering :open_mouth: truly funny.
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    Yeah, if you have problems with the link, just remove the text part in the end, it's absolutely fine as long as the /discussion/number/ part is in :)

I'll check for typos again, thanks Crafty :)
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841

looks like it is beginning in a few

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    So cute valentine decos in tower now. Hope the event will come soooooon ;)
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    edited 03.02.2016
    ggs dont know what u want from us in big farm deals new deco name wise scarecrow is of 89000 gold 
    if we want to spend that much gold then we ll play in island and viking where in these gold we ll get that better deco of 32 happiness and good amount of vocher too
    i think u should give the price in dollars too with gold, there should be choice if u want to buy from gold or dollars
    please tell what 5* wise scarecrow signify ( if we want to buy this then we ll get 5 deco or 1 deco?)

• CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    @Craftycritters (US1) As you know, we do not give out the starting times of events as a rule. This is to make sure everyone has the same chance to compete on a level playing field. I can tell you that this event will be starting quite soon =)

-Popeye
  • suzyj82 (GB1)suzyj82 (GB1) Posts: 125
    edited 03.02.2016
    Its seem only 5x wise scarecrow left to buy like one each of them maybe... See under x1 wise scarecrow only 1 deco to buy i think. :)
  • McFeisty (US1)McFeisty (US1) US1 Posts: 110
    Well, I have a new welcome screen, leading me to think the new code has been applied, but guess what! Videos are still broken!
    A better solution than 'trying to fix' bad videos might be that the marker that is triggered by merely watching a video, should be triggered instead, by the REWARD being placed in our box. That way, even if we get a bad video, it does not reduce the possible rewards we might receive, so we may try again with no penalty. If rewards must be limited, please limit by the delivery of the rewards themselves, not the ability to watch videos. It would also solve problems with crashing in the middle of a video, or other unpredictable events, if it did not decrement our possible views, rather, it allows us to watch as many videos as we are able, until the limit of REWARDS is reached. Am I being clear?
    [IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/2vsetlt.jpg[/IMG]
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Looks like another event taylored for 24/7 gamers to me. :) I guess that's an obvious trend which will not change, sort of understandably. Wonder how far us "normals" get with it. :) Waiting to see. :)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    No update yet?
  • Have cleared down everything & reloaded game & checked I have the new version and ...
    I still have supersonic ads. The cruise one that used to work is on a repeat loop - so no prize either.

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 03.02.2016
    @ashim (IN1)  It means that you are only allowed to buy 5x .... Its a good job they put a limit so that we didn`t all go and buy dozens of them lol It is a 2x2 quality level 7, so not a bad deco, but very expensive, I can`t even afford his head hehe

@Jiesta (NL1) Update happened a while ago, check 31st floor of your deco tower, it should have the Velentine decos in there now.
  • Brave Ana (GB1)Brave Ana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 254
    And also level 30 of the Deco tower for the Chinese New Year's event (pagoda lantern, tree of lantern and another one)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 03.02.2016
    AHA, thx for waking me Scissors! If there was an update this morning and servers went down, I totally missed it - this heavy flu misted my eyes - or should I take more coffee perhaps?  ;)  :p

.... and 30st floor of Deco-tower shows us some more "Chinese decos" ..... 

• My videos was playing. Now only one has been playing for 2 days now. : ( 
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Bugfixes: (...)
    • Various inappropriate/long/broken videos should have been fixed or removed
    Two fellow coopmates just told me that their videos still give the same "sorry not working" etc pop up. 

Any news on what time the event will start? I really hope I wont miss the first day again, wont be back home til late tonight... :sweat: 
    *searching deco tower* oooh lovely 3x3 bonzai tree, I want you!!! :D  I thought there'd be other zodiac animal decs too...? *scroll.. scroll* 
  • The chineese new year event should start on the 8th.
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 03.02.2016
    Well, I have a new welcome screen, leading me to think the new code has been applied, but guess what! Videos are still broken!
    A better solution than 'trying to fix' bad videos might be that the marker that is triggered by merely watching a video, should be triggered instead, by the REWARD being placed in our box. That way, even if we get a bad video, it does not reduce the possible rewards we might receive, so we may try again with no penalty. If rewards must be limited, please limit by the delivery of the rewards themselves, not the ability to watch videos. It would also solve problems with crashing in the middle of a video, or other unpredictable events, if it did not decrement our possible views, rather, it allows us to watch as many videos as we are able, until the limit of REWARDS is reached. Am I being clear?
    [IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/2vsetlt.jpg[/IMG]
    Videos still broken  Supersonic ones never work  One other one played but NO reward again.

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 03.02.2016

YES!  Just what I was waiting for....... a chance to spend 89,000 gold on a deco.

NO!  How totally absurd!  This is what worries many of us lately........a sense that people running the game are completely unhinged from reality.  In what way does this make any sense whatsoever?  No matter how disappointed that I was with certain recent events, if someone had asked me yesterday, if thought there would be an offer to spend 89,000 on a deco this morning, I would have said no.  I would never have believed it.  It is just stunning.  I still cannot believe it.

NOTE:  Be sure to notice that it is 89,000 gold "on sale."  That is the "sale" price.  As a reference point, it costs 50 US dollars to buy 61,000 gold.
  • suzyj82 (GB1)suzyj82 (GB1) Posts: 125
    edited 03.02.2016
    No way i would buy Wise scarecrow at this cost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way too expensive. Rip off :( Agree wth gavinfarms

• Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    I agree with both suzyj82 and gavinfarms - that deco, while cute, is WAY too expensive!  I don't know too many people willing to spend a whole week's grocery money on a 2x2 deco for a game.  GGS, I am afraid you have lost your grip on reality here.
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    @ashim (IN1)  It means that you are only allowed to buy 5x .... Its a good job they put a limit so that we didn`t all go and buy dozens of them lol It is a 2x2 quality level 7, so not a bad deco, but very expensive, I can`t even afford his head hehe

@Jiesta (NL1) Update happened a while ago, check 31st floor of your deco tower, it should have the Velentine decos in there now.
    okk ji , completely waste  deco 
    ur post is very good
    LOL
Sign In to comment.