Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Coop Championship

Comments

• FarmerMarkD (US1)FarmerMarkD (US1) US1 Posts: 119
    Congrats to Mission Cafe on a well-fought coop challenge. Those who want to be bitter will continue to be bitter. Nothing I can do to change that. The comments about "buying" the win are just laughable since many of your members bought points too. The final score difference was 34m. Brat Pack did not buy 34m worth of points. Believe what you want. 
  • Congrats to your team also, and  there is no bitterness its just plan strait up fact.
    It's interesting to me which "strait" up facts you choose to believe. Your "facts" about how we choose members, who bought rep points, etc. are just plain wrong. 
  •  Then I take it you don't do the recruiting,  a lot of coops have some type of requirements and I know yours is no different and that is also strait up.
  • this  is not mission cafe i think that some where else 
  • Connie999 (US1)Connie999 (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    Congrats to all!  It was a good fight. ;)   Both BP and MC deserve a pat on the back. 

I think we all agree that the co-op challenge needs to change it's presentation and format and some of the "perks".
    I am co-leader of the Brats. All recruiting decisions go through marywisc and me. You have no idea what our requirements are - and you are dead wrong in your assumptions. BTW I see your ringers are already jumping ship.
  • Your probably right its most likely worse than I know, and not jumping ship just tired of what is going on with the game.
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163

let me first of all congratulate the winnar of the championship in US1. within the rules as ggs gave us you won fair.

But lets be honest and dont turn the facts.

fact1:

yes i invited players to join to help us. we had 4 players join that wanted the excitment of going for the win. is this against rules? is this not good sportmanship.? well if you think bad of me or our coop because of this i think that is your problem not ours. every coop removes players who not work for the coop so yes so do i.

fact 2:

i send the winnar 1 message during the championships and be free to exactly post here what i send you. Yes i mentioned the shopping bag in it and that i was not happy that you al bought it. is this strange? wel i dont think so. But also tell that i post in the same message that other coops wanted to prank you and that i told them to not do. Just to let you know that the pranks was not someting we wanted.

fact 3

before the shopping bag came we where 6 million reputation points in front of you. ( i counted al the weekscores togather every day a few times i  started this on the moment we where switching every minute from place in the first day so i knew exactly how the weekscore was different from the championship score). in the first hours of the shopping bag 6 of your players got the miljon from shopping bag and only 1 of us. right after you passed us. with 15 more (so total of 21 players) got the miljon from shopping bag. yes some of us also got it but that is in the amounts of 6 players (a little different from  21 huh) after that we where more then 10 miljon behind you and we stopped the gold boosters and stopped pushing so yes the different went bigger.

fact4

on friday our team produced (with playing) 2 miljon points an hour during a 12 hour time frame, in this time frame we got 4 miljon more points then the winnar..

fact 5

yes the last two days the winnar also did great in missions and got much points with playing missions. it would have been a very close race and maybe the winnar would have been the same also without the shopping bags. but i for sure am very sad that we never will know. And if the winnar is a true sportmanship they will be sad on this too.

fact 6

as long as the shopping bag (with 1 miljon rep points) wil be in the championship our coop will not participate on high level in the cahmpionship anymore. This means there will be no battle for first place anymore. And i think the winnar if they really like battles will be sad on this too. So i think the shopping bag only brought loosers for the players (and a winnar for ggs this time)

fact 7

the shopping bag gave ggs this time much money but in long term in US1 there wil be no longer battles for place 1 and thus in the end ggs lost too. cause a battle means $$$ for ggs

I find it very amusing that the coop who was trying to poach good mission players with emails saying "Look - we're beating the Brat Pack. We need good players to come help us stay on top" is talking about "sportsmanship." Since that coop was full when those emails went out, obviously they were planning to chuck lower level players in order to bring in ringers. Nice teamwork. Nice sportsmanship. 

When the Brat Pack was #2, our team came together and (with help from a lot of sparkles from other coops who wanted us to remain #1) pushed back to the #1 position. Now of course we hear sour grapes from the coop we pushed out of the #1 spot. 

well this simply not true.

first: there was never said look we are beating the brats!! And yes we invite players to join our team. You never do that huh duhhh lol

second: i removed 2 players in beginning (couldnt do before cause also for us the championship came by surprise). they were ofline for few weeks without giving a warning and yes this is a reason to be removed in our coop. When they back online and where helping the coop they Always welcome back. the messages i send around where to former coop members who i knew or who said before to me they wanted to try 1 time the challange and i asked if they wanted the challange this time.

further i removed 1 player because he simply ignored al messages i send him and was not helping the coop. Also this is a reason in our coop to be removed.

third: we never boot players simply cause they low levels. we only boot non active players. for fact the players that i removed where high level players who where not active for a time.

you can call me the bad guy here but i am sure in your coop these people would have been removed to.

so place get the facts good before you start assumpions

First, you are mistaken about the number of your members who bought the rep bonus. My spreadsheet (yes, I can add too) shows at least 12 players did, perhaps as many as 14.

Second, our policy is to never boot anyone or bring anyone in during a coop challenge. Obviously you have a different idea of loyalty than we do. 

Third, some of the players you emailed sent the emails to us, so I know exactly what you said, and I did not misstate what they sent us. You can call them liars if you choose to.

Lastly, you emailed the leader of our coop more than once. And at least one other of your members sent a very hateful email to her. Please don't try to mislead people. 
  • Anything can be bought. There is no question as to who was winning this challenge. It all changed when rep points could be bought. Period. This is the world we live in. Surely a champion can admit the rules were changed and ultimately it was to their benefit.
    If Paul's numbers are right, 21 of our folks bought a million reps. If my numbers are right, 13 of MC's members bought. That's an 8m difference. But we won by 34m. Not 8m or even 10m or even 20m. Where did those points come from? From hard work. So MC gave up? Well, the Brats didn't. 

It's hardly a change of rules, since it's happened during every one of the past several challenges. Did you not expect it? We did. We planned accordingly.
  • Anything can be bought. There is no question as to who was winning this challenge. It all changed when rep points could be bought. Period. This is the world we live in. Surely a champion can admit the rules ere changed and ultimately it was to their benefit
    Anything? Can you buy love? Loyalty? Good health? Good sportsmanship? Teamwork? Happiness?
    Joy?  Peace? Kindness? Please, think before you speak.  Thank you.
  • Anything can be bought. There is no question as to who was winning this challenge. It all changed when rep points could be bought. Period. This is the world we live in. Surely a champion can admit the rules ere changed and ultimately it was to their benefit
    Anything? Can you buy love? Loyalty? Good health? Good sportsmanship? Teamwork? Happiness?
    Joy?  Peace? Kindness? Please, think before you speak.  Thank you.

Also think about this:  "You can keep your own healthcare. Period"  Barrack Obama
  •  I agree, you should not mislead people this started out to be about the challenge first and you have totally turned it into all about you.Yes I was one person that sent a message to Mary and she passed it to Patsy or Peggy.  I said I understood about wanting to  be #1 and being in that position you  should be able to show some sportsmanship(omg that word again)  you made it clear you do not like our group, you have helped a lot of others,  and I thought that would take a heart  but she said a lot of players have helped you. Said that's that and what goes around comes around and said good luck to ya.
    I don't like any group that continually bashes my friends. I'm funny that way.
  • Kamandi (US1)Kamandi (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    First, congratulations to the players in the top 2 co-ops (with amazing final scores) and to all the other co-ops who fought hard to win this challenge.  The competition was amazing, energizing and draining.  I have a great respect for all the people I encountered in missions - you folks are true gamers!  I suspect many players and co-ops used a lot of resources in an attempt to win.  This was truly a challenge!

Second, whether we like it or not, the reality is that GGS is a business.  They've programmed this game in order to make a profit and every blue house, blue barn, watermill, nursery, fertile field and many other upgrades were purchased with gold that was paid for with real money.  There are many of these in the top co-ops and, for better or worse, these are paying for us to play the game.  GGS has been intelligent in creating situations and opportunities where people want to spend their money in order to have a better gaming experience.  This is the reality of this game and most other successful gaming franchises.  It is unlikely that GGS will change this strategy - it is their business model.

Some of the suggestions in this post are excellent (points for wins, different tiers, etc...) and I hope we can all work together to continue to improve this game verses attacking one-another. GGS listened to us and adapted quickly for the Christmas event and I have confidence that they will listen to us if it makes sense for all parties including GGS.  

Happy Farming and All The Best, 
    Mike
  • Well like I said what goes around comes around.
  • First, congratulations to the players in the top 2 co-ops (with amazing final scores) and to all the other co-ops who fought hard to win this challenge.  The competition was amazing, energizing and draining.  I have a great respect for all the people I encountered in missions - you folks are true gamers!  I suspect many players and co-ops used a lot of resources in an attempt to win.  This was truly a challenge!

Second, whether we like it or not, the reality is that GGS is a business.  They've programmed this game in order to make a profit and every blue house, blue barn, watermill, nursery, fertile field and many other upgrades were purchased with gold that was paid for with real money.  There are many of these in the top co-ops and, for better or worse, these are paying for us to play the game.  GGS has been intelligent in creating situations and opportunities where people want to spend their money in order to have a better gaming experience.  This is the reality of this game and most other successful gaming franchises.  It is unlikely that GGS will change this strategy - it is their business model.

Some of the suggestions in this post are excellent (points for wins, different tiers, etc...) and I hope we can all work together to continue to improve this game verses attacking one-another. GGS listened to us and adapted quickly for the Christmas event and I have confidence that they will listen to us if it makes sense for all parties including GGS.  

Happy Farming and All The Best, 
    Mike

Well said,
  • Paul
    has been great...he never asked us to do anything we couldn't. we asked him to let us try for the win,And we never gave up. I had a lot of fun, we have people on our team who are facing many difficult challenges in life. we are there for each other, this game is my stress reliever. Any team should be able to win the challenge...I also disagree with buying the reps...other than the lowest one...a million reps is an unfair advantage and only ggs ends up with the gold. All teams have good players as seen in missions. I for one congratulate my team and of course BP for the win.
    First, you are mistaken about the number of your members who bought the rep bonus. My spreadsheet (yes, I can add too) shows at least 12 players did, perhaps as many as 14.

Second, our policy is to never boot anyone or bring anyone in during a coop challenge. Obviously you have a different idea of loyalty than we do. 

Third, some of the players you emailed sent the emails to us, so I know exactly what you said, and I did not misstate what they sent us. You can call them liars if you choose to.

Lastly, you emailed the leader of our coop more than once. And at least one other of your members sent a very hateful email to her. Please don't try to mislead people. 

first wel if you made that spread sheet there is someting wrong in it i will give you some numbers. And i can be about 1 miljon wrong in numbers becaus ecollecting numbers takes time and during that time mission got played and points collect. but i will not be more then 1 miljon wrong in this figures.

after 97 hours:

MC: 132 milj (average of 1,36 an hour)

BC: 126 miljon

then the shopping bag came (we bought 1 times BC 4 times)

After 100 hours

MC:138 milj

BC:133 milj

then the real buying started (mc 2 times BC 5 times)

after 105 hours

MC: 149 mil

BC: 147 milj

then more buying started (mc 0 times BC 6 times)

after 110 hours

MC:158 milj

BC: 164 milj

then i stopped the gold boosters and we stopped pushing and played normal (well some couldnt stop lol). call it gave up call it what you want. We where not willing to give ggs honderds of real money for some rep points and the win of the championship.

in the next 23 hours we got 14 milj if you think in this where 11 shopping bags then waww we need to go doctor to spend much money on shopping bags but not playing missions anymore/

edited 18.01.2016

second well you are a very good guy if you know the reasons why i removed the members this time without talking these persons and without being in our coop.

well i asked 6 players to join us 4 did 2 not i know exact who messaged you and it was only 1 a leader who was not very chilled lol

last, i have to go docto cause i really messaged only once send me in the game the other message i so called send. dont think you can cause there is non

• LEC (US1)LEC (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    This certainly is a lively discussion. The reason I would argue this is a case of losing poorly, and not about "improving the game", is the following (please note that "coopcha" means "Co-Operative Challenge"):
    1) The only issue brought up was the ability to 1 000 000 rep pts with the blue bag. Nothing was brought up about buying the "lowly" 25 000 rep pts, also with the blue bag. Or about buying the super seeds and seaweed with the same blue bag. Those help with missions just as much as "buying" points.
    2) The "Hot Deal" of buying gold and receiving 12hours worth of 250% rep pts wasn't brought up either. Certainly this should be done away with as well? It certainly makes the competition "unfair" for those who choose to not buy gold.
    3) What about the farm boosters? Perhaps GGS should get rid of these all together. After all, they cost quite a bit of gold and certainly put players in a privileged position to harvest more throughout a mission. Would everyone be okay with GGS making the boosters inaccessible during a coopcha to "even the playing field"? Probably not. And the argument would be that it's your money and your gold and you can choose how to spend it. Sound familiar?
    4) How about being frustrated that you can even buy seaweed during coopcha? It's very expensive and certainly not everyone can afford it but it sure does make a difference in those missions. Would everyone be okay with GGS making seaweed, super humus, and super feed inaccessible during a coopcha? Probably not. And the argument would be that it's your money and your gold and you can choose how to spend it. Sound familiar?
    5) How about being frustrated that GGS made the twins available during coopcha so coops could continue to load up on sparkles? Maybe sparkles shouldn't be allowed during coopha to "even the playing field" because not everyone can afford to buy the sparkles. Probably not. And the argument would be that it's your money and your gold and you can choose how to spend it. Sound familiar?
    6) How about being frustrated that the nursery to make super seeds costs gold instead of cash? Certainly it isn't fair that some players are able to make super seeds to improve their mission scores while other players cannot afford to build one. Maybe GGS should make the nurseries and superseeds inaccessible during a coopcha? Probably not. And the argument would be that it's your money and your gold and you can choose how to spend it. Sound familiar?
    7) How about being frustrated that we don't all have the same farm to play on? Surely I shouldn't be expected to play against someone who has the prime growing fields that they used gold to buy? Maybe for coopcha all of our farms should be standardized so that the playing field is evened out? Probably not. And the argument would be that it's your money and your gold and you can choose how to spend it. Sound familiar?

There are several other examples I could use but I think you're getting the point. It is ludicrous to believe that one coop's win is simply because of one particular option that became available twice in the game. It doesn't matter if players choose to buy rep pts, or seaweed, or sillyseeds or sparkles because ultimately you cannot tell people what to do with their own time and money. If you're looking for a fully free game where there are no upgrade options above and beyond the norm, then perhaps BigFarm is not your game to play. There are so many factors that contribute to a player's/coop's "success" in this game. If you demand to remove one, you absolutely must remove all of them. Who would opt for that?

Why send in game though? If you're going to publicly accuse me of lying, I'll put them here so folks can see who the liar is - along with the love note from the other MC member to our leader. I'm sure you tried to email others in our coop, but most of us have you blocked because of prior harassing emails:

from Paul 1/16

thanks the shopping bag already 12 of your players bought it only 1 of us

i think that says enough that you need that to win

from GuestCmiller32 1/16

I understand winning and being #1 but after a certain time there is a thing called being a good sport, after all how many apple trees do you need that you wont use.

Also to let you know we are the true winners because we have won the support  of SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many coops out there.

So BRATS GREED ON

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

from Paul 1/16

we get much messages form coops that say we did awesome and found much respect from other coops. they al wanted us to win. ofcourse we would have want that to. but well wont pick the wallet for the shopping bag. we know we where better this time and i know you know it too.

as i say much coops send us support messages some say they will prank you. i send them a message we DONT want that. we like a fair game and pranks is not a way we wanna go.

This thread has devolved into a really stupid argument and I'm done with it. Time to move on. The bottom line is that Brat Pack won within the rules and you don't like it. Whatever. I could post numbers too - showing which of your members jumped over 1m points immediately when previously they had only been pulling 400k to 500k a day. But I won't. I'm done with the finger-pointing and whining.
    edited 18.01.2016

@LEC well i agree with you it would be nice to have at least some championships a year with all your suggestions too remove that.

and yes i really would like to loose the 250% too but lets start with the rep points shooping bag because i can wish all but that never gonna happen. We can start with the biggest effect where only you have to take your wallet nothing els. 

but if we vote i say get ride of all the things you mentioned...

@FarmermarkD

the second messages i already said in mine facts message that i did send that so whats your point? The first message i honestly can say i cant remember sending that but well probably i did cause i agree with it.

and the prior herrassing mails ....you make it sound very bad but actually it where just messages that where nice and friendly to ask to leave our coop alone with all tricks your coop played on us. It where all reactions on things your coop did to us or me. Was it smart of me to react on provocations your side  no i admit that but luckily i am only human.

Just go further backstepping me i am ok with that if that makes you feel good.

• rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361

Paul I would love to know what "tricks" your talking about.  When I was leader of BP you continuously sent me harassing emails with baseless accusations and you continue to do the same thing.  Perhaps you should look at yourself because you are EXTREMELY paranoid for some apparent reason in this game. YOU HAVE NOTHING that BP doesn't already know how to do AND  you CERTAINLY don't have any knowledge of this game that BP wants or needs to steal. 

You've also threatened (and probably have) reported our coop and myself to GGS I DON"T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES for absolutely absurd crazy things and as you can see I'm still here AND BP is still here. YOu have been having fits since BP took 1st over a year ago and it just gets worse.   You need to get over it! NO one is cheating you we are all playing within GGS's TOS.  AND NO ONE IS SPYING ON YOUR COOP YOUR RIDICULOUS!!!!  

• play the game the way it is or don't play at all
    edited 19.01.2016
    This thread has devolved into a really stupid argument and I'm done with it. Time to move on. The bottom line is that Brat Pack won within the rules and you don't like it. Whatever. I could post numbers too - showing which of your members jumped over 1m points immediately when previously they had only been pulling 400k to 500k a day. But I won't. I'm done with the finger-pointing and whining.

i already said that we had a few (but less then 5) who bought the shopping bag but far less then your coop and also after your coop did.

@moderator pls look into the data and let us all know the numbers of shopping bags bought by the brats and by mission cafe. then everyone can see where the lies come from

Sign In to comment.