Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Coop Championship

GuestCmiller32 (US1)GuestCmiller32 (US1) US1 Posts: 79
edited 06.05.2017 in Most Discussed Topics
I think it is time for all coops to stand together(this does exclude one coop) this coop challenge was a disappointment as far as being a fair challenge. Something need to be done to make it a better experience for everyone (again this excludes one coop). Please post any ideas or comments I just want to put the thought out there, but if we stand together and not do the challenge maybe something will be done. Thanks to all of those kind players who supported us it was wonderful. Nice to see teams that know the meaning of sportsmanship.
 I have to say to one coop its not all about you and who can knock you down, but I think for most of us its just about winning new prizes. Who cares about staying #1 but we all would just like to have the apple tree, your afraid of not being #1 and we want a tree.  That's what it comes down to and again that word sportsmanship.     
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• MTPYRO (US1)MTPYRO (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Well put.
    Games are competition.  Where can you find in any competition anywhere the ability to buy the win with cash.  Every single form of competition where this happens is called corrupt.  I think Big Farms Achilles heal is exposed. 
  • FarmerMarkD (US1)FarmerMarkD (US1) US1 Posts: 119
    I find it very amusing that the coop who was trying to poach good mission players with emails saying "Look - we're beating the Brat Pack. We need good players to come help us stay on top" is talking about "sportsmanship." Since that coop was full when those emails went out, obviously they were planning to chuck lower level players in order to bring in ringers. Nice teamwork. Nice sportsmanship. 

When the Brat Pack was #2, our team came together and (with help from a lot of sparkles from other coops who wanted us to remain #1) pushed back to the #1 position. Now of course we hear sour grapes from the coop we pushed out of the #1 spot. 
  • Janisss (AU1)Janisss (AU1) Posts: 63
    edited 17.01.2016
    In all fairness, the Brat Pack are playing within the rules. Slamming them is a tad childish. The problem with the Coop Challenge lies within how it is structured & has nothing to do with the coop that continually wins. NO, I am not a member of the Brat Pack. I am a member of a much smaller coop that in no way can compete on their level in the CC but I am not blaming them for this situation. The Coop Challenge is a farce. Put blame where blame is due & let's not mud sling at other coops.......just my humble opinion!
  • I think if Good Game studio would just do away with extra reputation points all together the challenge would then be more fair. It would then be about all the hard work, time and effort each and every team member put into the challenge!!!  I think everyone who plays Big Farm would love to at least have a fair chance at the co-op apple orchard but if the extra reputation points are not done away with by Good Game Studio not but one co-op will ever own the co-op apple orchard.  Very disappointed at the fairness Farmer Wife
  • Wow, MYTPYRO and GuestCMiller2, (both Mission Café)  sorry you're so bitter.  MC has more members, had a huge lead and just couldn't hang on to it.  Most of the Brat Pack was unaware when the coop-cha started.  Once we caught on, we played hard and overtook you.  I'm proud to be a Brat, maybe you're just a wee bit jealous ?
    Nobody is slamming the brat pack.  They operated within the rules as said.  the 1,000,000 rep point should be limited to so many per coop per challenge or some other similar fix.  GGS has bright people making the decisions, hopefully they can come up with a fix.
  • Really ?!? Seems like you both slammed Brat Pack, but then, maybe I'm overly sensitive.  GGS reduces every ones rep points by 10% (percent) ON A WEEKLY BASIS  to level the playing field.  Sounds like the bright people at GGS have already come up with a fix.
  • Why have a championship challenge when it can be bought? Brat Pack has very deep pockets and players that can purchase 1 million rep points shopping cart when most coops do not have players that can do that. This makes the challenge unfair to other coops and shows that good game studios is all about the bottom line not fairness. Many coops could win if this was on hard work and working as a team. It's just a shame that this can be bought not earned.
  • I don't know who was trying to poach players but our coop is full and our leader does not work that way. I will still use the word sportsmanship. Nice try to degrade the coop, cause why start something like that now, plus we were getting comments from others. How bout you tell the truth it wasn't sparkles from other teams that put you back in the lead.   $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 
    edited 17.01.2016
    Really mtpyro? Nobody is slamming the Brat Pack? Re-read the OP where the Brat Pack are called bad sports for being in the lead. Anyone who thinks that the Brats are the only ones who bought the rep points is lying to themselves. Plenty of MC folks bought it too. You are not the only ones who can add and subtract - we know how many of your players bought as well. 

If you want the coop apple - work for it like we have done in every single coop challenge. If you're not willing to do that, don't whine about it.

And GuestCmiller - I call bull here. Some of the players your leader was trying to poach forwarded us the emails they received from your leader. You may not think your leader works that way, but you are wrong.
  • Is it sportsmanship to write  to a co-op leader saying the things you did and also your leader . ? I think not .  Hater hates , It was a good game played . oh yeah , what will you do with all the cherry trees you have ? step back let other get it . The brats have helped many co-op  get  one. what has your co-op done  for others that want it ? hmmm NOTHING . that's  right  nothing at all  . and at lease we used only our own people  we did not borrow ! lol   This is a game people . not your life ! but than again maybe it is lol   Let's hug it out .
    FarmerMarkD
    I think it is obvious from my post I would not agree with anyone who slammed brat pack.  Knew nothing about any other OP.
    To other co-ops helping out:
    Most of us posted on our chat room that the help was offered and not asked for, we were very surprised by this.  I am sure there may have been some who asked but did not see any evidence of that.
    so a valid issue is brought up to discuss a possible fix and it seems the response is to attack?  What's up?!
    I didn't attack anyone. I just pointed out some facts that your coop-mate didn't bother to mention in the original Brat Pack bashing post in this thread. 

I agree that the rep point buy should be eliminated or made more fair. If there's a fix for this I'm all for it. But I'm tired of my coop being made the bad guy.
    I do agree MarkD, your coop should not be made to be the bad guys.  This should be about a fix not attacks.
  • Farmer wife, Cmiller,  I can assure you it isn't only money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that got the BP back in first.  I personally play all day long, I'm disabled so this game fills my life. Most of the BP plays the same way.. some while at work. Some work at home.  We got the lead because of dedication and HARD work. 

Besides, pot calling the kettle black, party of one, C Miller.  MC bought lotsa gold before the mission started

Silk says lets hug it out.  I think that's a great idea. Lets just play and have fun and see what happens.

• Connie999 (US1)Connie999 (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    Elaine - while hard work may have been the reason beyond some members of the BP and MC, it's very very convenient that not even 1 hour after the shopping bag appeared, BP took the lead. 

I agree with the hug part thou.  <3

Connie
  • Well, there is one undeniable fact. The positions didn't change until the game did, (i.e. the ability to buy rep points). I did not buy the rep points... so BP won. Not a big deal. No sour grapes. However, logic dictates that if there is to be a level playing field then the rest of us must abstain from playing in the challenges until a fair measure is instituted. This is what I will do and if you feel the same reply by messaging +1. I wish  BP nothing but the best and I've said my piece.

Sincerely,

Poop
  • +1
  • Buying gold is easy, if you have the money to buy it.  But knowing where to put it, how to spend it, to get the most out of our farms, is The KEY to being a winner.  Mary and Mark spent a LOT of time figuring this out, how to get the best, and have shared this with all of the team.  I was struggling with a lame co-op when I was invited to join the Brats.  Thanks to all the members mentoring me, I have gone up about 30 levels since I joined.  Spending money wisely and getting the most out of the farm works.

OK,  I've said my piece.  Peace to all. Game ON !  Go BRATS !!!

• everyone cant have a super bole ring. that comes with hard work and dedication to playing the game
    By the way, I just want to point out that the Brats aren't the monsters some want to paint us as. The message that came from our leadership to the coop was "If MC wins this, we expect the Brats to be gracious about it and congratulate them." Not that MC has ever congratulated us for our wins, but we wanted to show that we are good sports. All through the early part of the coop challenge, we were all acknowledging that MC was just working harder than we were. We seriously stepped up our game. We were catching up long before the rep point buy was available. And both teams took advantage of that rep point buy - not just the Brats. MC has some awesome mission players. No doubt about it. We may not like some of their methods, but we respect their players.
  • Snap, someone let the air out of the footballs.

o:)
  • Mark call it whatever you want. My initial statement was about the challenge and it needs to be changed cause what they allow is absolutely abused more from some than others and as far as sportsmanship it still stands cause again what is wrong with being a good sport and let someone else get the tree after you have what 15. So please don't try and make it out that your and underdog.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

The CC needs major changes. It comes around too often but that's ok because we've decided to only work hard every couple of months. There should be different categories depending on co-op level and/or size. The smaller co-ops don't stand a chance against the higher co-ops and that's not fair to them, IMO.

Some players on the EN forum suggested getting coins so that everyone could save up and buy what they wanted. I think that's a great idea. I would love to see things change so that the challenge is more fun and less of a chore. :)

• rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    edited 17.01.2016
    Hello all I used to be the leader of BP I am and always will be very proud of this coop and the people who are and used to be apart of that great team.  I know for a fact that everyone in that coop works incredibly hard to accomplish what they do and to bash my former team is plain out wrong.  It shows that the offended have bad sportsmanship.  I know for a fact that BP helps other coops during the competition.  Time after time sitting back in a mission to allow another team to get the reps.  I shouldn't need to defend this coop but of course there is a team that continues to harass & taunt the leader with nasty emails who is a good friend of mine. Its seriously not right, some in this team used to do the same to me when I led BP.  (fyi there are also a lot of wonderful people that I really like on this said team that I do not include in that statement).  With that said if you want to win it figure out how to do it.  Does the Coopcha need to be overhauled, yes, but that doesn't make it the #1 teams fault and certainly doesn't make them bad people....
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Your initial statement was about needed changes and a dig at the Brat Pack at the same time.

I would have totally agreed with you had you left the digs out. Unnessary and unsportsmanlike!

As for abuse? how is anything being abused, if the game allows it, then it is there for all to use whether they so choose to or not. That is not abuse.

I do think that the challenge should be split between various levels, sort of like hardworker event, but more splits maybe by how many are in a coop or something. But even then there will be dissention... no way to make everyone happy.

What is the point of anyone letting someone else win? where is the competition then? How do you get satisfaction from that?

If you want to win you have to play, work hard and use all available resources provided by the game.

I want to thank all who do help and support other coops, now that is sportsmanship!!! Win or lose!

Hugs to all!

Jackie

Mark call it whatever you want. My initial statement was about the challenge and it needs to be changed cause what they allow is absolutely abused more from some than others and as far as sportsmanship it still stands cause again what is wrong with being a good sport and let someone else get the tree after you have what 15. So please don't try and make it out that your and underdog.

• Lots of things can be abused even though it allowed, just because its allowed doesn't make it right and nobody is saying you should get something for nothing, and the dig you all call it was just strait up. I really don't care if they keep first place that is not my issue.
    I never said we were the underdog. That would be absurd since we have won every single one of the coop challenges (of course the current one is not over yet). Don't put words in my mouth, and don't call us bad sports for playing the game as the developers presented it. That's just beyond bad sportsmanship. It's bashing and it's hateful. 

If we sat back and LET someone win, how would anyone get any satisfaction out of that as Jackie said? That wouldn't mean you were the best. It would mean someone else, who is better, LET you win. Is that what you really want? To win by default? How is that a challenge?

I may have more coop apples than I could ever use. But some of our newer members have none yet. That's who we play for, newer members who want those coop apples. Sorry you can't understand that. 

We do not allow anyone to join during coop challenge. MC has had at least 4 new members since this one started, which means at least 4 people were booted. If that's how you want to play, more power to you. I'd rather be with a group who pulls together and does the work than a group that boots folks, tries to poach players and then whines about losing  the #1 position in the forums. Have a lovely day.
  • No sorry you cant understand, that's your way of thinking afraid that someone else is the best and you are not, and for the new players they will be many other wins and when they grow they too will be able to help buy another win. As far as new members you pick and choose players for their money potential anyway. 
  • Good day all, as a member of Mission Cafe I have to say that this has gone way to far.  This is a game about farming, friendships and fun.  I live on a real farm and am in a real CO-OP.  I have other CO-OP competitors in real life.  I have to say that if one of us wins we all win.  If even one of us fails we all fail.  Their is none of this that my CO-Op is better than the other.  We in real life have found a way to work together in all obstacles and in triumphs.  Sure I am disappointed in losing, we all are, that is human nature.  I found a quote that I feel fits this situation and wanted to share.  If you get the jest of it, good for you.  If you don't, then re-read it and give it some thought.  This is not worth the fight or argument by any means.  The quote follows:

At times we like winning too much, our need to win at all costs and all situations is at times foolish.  More often than not we do this to please our ego. If you know that you are better than your opponent, there is no need to win all the time (take one for the team/CO-OP).  It is okay to make someone else feel good at our own expense.  Once you can take a defeat on purpose, and share that good mood/feeling with another person that is when you truly WIN.

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every CO-OP on this game can and is capable of taking a defeat for the good of another. Winning is not always winning, and losing is not always losing.

We need to hold the developers accountable for problems within the game, not one another.  We all have to voice our concerns with game issues/problems with the developers.  We all are to good to be at each others throats.   Let us put all of this behind us and move on to a much needed friendly competition   Hopefully friendships can emerge from this and we can all move forward.  Good luck to you all now and in the future.

Sign In to comment.