Home EN The Chicken Coop

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Goodbye...

Well... It's time for me to say goodbye... before GGS activate the new rule 4.5 and kick me out.
It have been nearly 2 ½ years with lots of fun playing this game... until that day GGS implemented the videos which destroyed the game for me... both because I'm not like GGS's 3'rd party advertising partners want information about me, and also because since september the game have run so bad on my computer, that I only could play in around 20-30 minutes before it was necesarry to reload the game, and now I'm so tired of all that 20-30 minutes playing, reload, 20-30 minutes playing reload.. repeat, repeat..
- in other words: GGS can not longer deliver that nice running game to which I have still have all the gold from my last gold buy before GGS destroyd the game for me :(
- And now it seems to me like GGS also (with the new rule 4.5) wants me out of the game (I will not accept the new rule 4.5 !)

Happy new year to all and continous happy farming.

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I shall miss you.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Oh no Brian, not you :(  

I understand what you are saying, as I am also very much against 3rd party 'spying' on me, but we really need you to stay here and fight with us against this intrusion.

FOR THE RECORD GGS, I HAVE ALREADY STATED IN A PREVIOUS THREAD THAT I DO NOT ACCEPT NEW RULE 4.5 BUT I REITERATE IT HERE JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW.

Please stay - if only for a few more weeks - I for one will surely miss you, as I am sure many others will too.

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Oh no Brian, not you :(  

I understand what you are saying, as I am also very much against 3rd party 'spying' on me, but we really need you to stay here and fight with us against this intrusion.

FOR THE RECORD GGS, I HAVE ALREADY STATED IN A PREVIOUS THREAD THAT I DO NOT ACCEPT NEW RULE 4.5 BUT I REITERATE IT HERE JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW.

Please stay - if only for a few more weeks - I for one will surely miss you, as I am sure many others will too.

I second @bdreish (GB1)  on asking you @BriannospamGame (SKN1)  to stay and fight GGS if they do bring in that stupid rule. To many people have walked away from this game. GGS only profit from it,if you leave.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Oh Brian, you shall be so sorely missed!! All your kindness and help in the forum is much appreciated and your website Fjolle Farm is a great help too. 

I completely agree with @bdreish (GB1)  ..... By now everybody who reads the forum knows I avoid those video ads and I do NOT accept the new rule 4.5 either! In fact I do clear all caches - especially all cookies - every night before logging out. Quite annoying to have to do this every time, but I have to do this, because if I permanently disable cookies and activate my ad-blocker via settings, then I no longer have access to the forum (which is illegal in my opinion) ....

Brian, I know the lagging of the game is a pain in the **** - and this rule 4,5 a scandal - but I still hope that you will change your mind and stay! 

Whatever your decision may be, I wish you a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2016 too!  
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Hey @BriannospamGame (SKN1)! All the best wherever you move. I think you've made a smart decision. You stand for what you believe. Good people can easily find better things to do then vaste their energy over silly game rules fights. :):):) You can always pop in every now and then to see if we are still here. :)
  • Brian, I am so sad to see you go, we have had nice conversations in our co-op and we agree on a lot. However, I completely agree with you about leaving the game. Some people think that ggs hasn't enforced their TOS much in the past, so all is the same. I don't agree with that when I company updates their TOS, expect some changes.

Be well, my friend, and have fun where you are free.
  • Hello, please delete totally my account with Big Farm, I am asking before the 4th weeks term from your recent rule.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 05.01.2016
    Hello, please delete totally my account with Big Farm, I am asking before the 4th weeks term from your recent rule.
    @atunel (US1)  You must contact support and ask them to delete your farm. No, one else can do it.

Thank you @BriannospamGame (SKN1) for being in here. Thank you for all of your help, and thank you for being our friend.

[Posts Merged | Wabbit]
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Hello, please delete totally my account with Big Farm, I am asking before the 4th weeks term from your recent rule.

I hope that enough players will voice their objection to rule 4.5 of the new T&C - we are losing too many players because of this and it should not have been included in the T&C.  WE should be able to decide who is allowed access to our information, and I for one take every precaution I can to ensure that 3rd party partners (and any of THEIR partners etc etc) cannot gain access to any of my information.  I REFUSE TO ALLOW UNKNOWN COMPANIES TO FOLLOW MY EVERY MOVE!!!
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 05.01.2016
    @BriannospamGame (SKN1) Sad news indeed! :(  I can understand why your 2 main reasons would make you want to leave, but I am finding it difficult to just say "Ok Bye, Take care!" because you would be a huge loss to the BF Community & especially the Nordic farmers, who you have devoted so much of your time to helping. So I have to ask.....

• Have you actually been told by GGS that you will be kicked out of the game for not accepting 4.5? 
    • Any reasonable person would find it intolerable to play a game that needed reloading every 20 minutes, is that a problem with your computer?
    You say "GGS can not longer deliver that nice running game" but for the majority of people the game does run well, otherwise everyone would have quit by now. I see on the forums that  a lot of people do have problems that the rest of us do not experience & for a while I had some issues with flash crashes, but that was resolved when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Have you contacted technical support, to workout what is causing the issues you are experiencing, because it sounds like it should be something fixable if the game has run properly for you in the past.

I really hope that you can find a workable alternative to leaving, cos the BF community would not be the same with a big Brian-shaped hole in it. :(
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    I can assure you, Brian, that you will not be "kicked" from the game, if you're running adblock software on your PC. We will neither ban you from the game nor limit your access to it in any way. 

However: By doing so, you disagree with our ToS. If adblock might be reason for technical issues, or visibly run on screenshots showing a problem, we can not help with these issues anymore, since using it would officially go against our TOS now. And: Due to an adblocker, you might not be able to use various features of the game, for example the Video wall. 
    Keep this in mind, and you'll be fine.
  • I forgot to tell that fjolle farm info-site likely to run on, just with another webmaster.  :)
    I have today written to the owner of the web-hotel and asked about it is possible to transfer the account to another player from fjolle farm that is willing to take over the page to the site continues on its current web address.- course, I could then just give the new webmaster my username and password for FTP server, but I prefer to have clean lines with such things.

RunsWivScissors:
    I have before in other threads show how hard my CPU works (between 97% and 100%) when I run both my Bigfarm accounts at the same time (my us farm and my skn farm), and I'm quit sure that's the reason the game lagging here after only around 20 minutes playing.
    Even I'm not a computer expert, I don't feel me as a computer newbie. So I think my computers setup is nearly as optimal as possible for the highest speed with my hardware.
    So as I se it, there is only these ways to solve my Bigfarm speed problems:
    1. By a new much faster computer or upgrade this one with a new and motherboard and CPU (This one only have a  Intel core i3  processor (3.4 GHz) and 12 GB RAM)

or 

2. Give up the one of my farms: Eigher my us farm or my skn farm, and only continue playing the one of them.
    - But that would be a extremly hard choice to do, and I fear it only will be like 
    peeing in my pants... it will be heat for a short time ... until GGS again implement something new stuff that's again send my CPU to hard working on 100%  for it's maximum performance.

@CM Latten:
    I'm sure some players will be happy for that information (GGS will not kick players for using adblock software) :smile: 
    - But then I think you should reformulate the new rule 4.5, so it don't forbidden adblockers, but only recommend not to use adblockers. (There is a very big difference between forbidden/
    enjoin something and recommend something)
    - About the video wall, I feel very fine with that my adblocker setup make it impossibble to me to se the videos,  that's exactly like I want it: No videos, and my building slot in the little tv at the bottom of the screen.

But as already mention, I think my computer is not strong/fast enough to run 2 farms at the same time (what it could few month back in time when I do my last gold buy).
  • I do hope Brian will at least keep one farm.  I will miss him terribly, as I do all friends that the game has chased out one way or another. 

I do hope he pops in to the forum at least once in a while.

In reviewing the privacy portion of the new terms,  I find it mildly amusing and ironic that GGS stresses that we must protect our privacy on our end and yet runs this game on a non-secured site with adobe flash.

• BTW look at rule nr 4.4 That means in my eyes that we are not even own our own computer.
    For whatever it is worth i use a AD-Blocker on my maxthon server because on my computer it is the only server that does not give problems for me. And that there is a build-in AD-Blocker is a great thing.
    I don,t like to see ads wich don,t interess me. 

And brian sorry to see you go 
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    CM Latten said:
    I can assure you, Brian, that you will not be "kicked" from the game, if you're running adblock software on your PC. We will neither ban you from the game nor limit your access to it in any way. 

However: By doing so, you disagree with our ToS. If adblock might be reason for technical issues, or visibly run on screenshots showing a problem, we can not help with these issues anymore, since using it would officially go against our TOS now. And: Due to an adblocker, you might not be able to use various features of the game, for example the Video wall. 
    Keep this in mind, and you'll be fine.
    So - in other words: if you don't follow our rules (whether legally correct or not) you won't get proper access to the game/forum.
    So - in other words: I stick to my case, see my post here above:

[quote] In fact I do clear all caches - especially all cookies - every night before logging out. Quite annoying to have to do this every time, but I have to do this, because if I permanently disable cookies and activate my ad-blocker via settings, then I no longer have access to the forum (which is illegal in my opinion) .... [unquote]

As from this morning I alter my settings 3 times per day (ridiculous!) just to be able to access the forum in Chrome, to read this 3x per day. Every time I change my settings, the massive amount of cookies I discover that already invaded my pc in the short time I was reading the forum (only the BF forum, that's all I do in Chrome!), just terrifies me....  :s 

Brian, allow me to thank you once again to alert us, pointing out these 3rd party invasions, and later explaining the technical details to us! :+1: 

• So - in other words: if you don't follow our rules (whether legally correct or not) you won't get proper access to the game/forum.
    @Jiesta (NL1) Not really sure how you got to that from what Latten said. It sounded to me like he said you can go ahead & use adblockers if you want to, you won`t be blocked or removed from the game for doing so. But if you get some sort of bug with your game, while you are using an adblocker, support will not help you. If you switch off your adblocker & still have same bug then they would help you.

Maybe they have had lots of support issues to deal with that have turned out to be caused by adblockers & wasting their time..... Just a thought. :)
  • Well, adblockers are here to stay, thanks to unscrupulous companies and hackers. Those who aren't using adblockers are taking a risk with their data. While I hate ads that drain my computer resources, and try to trick me into clicking accidently or intentionally, my main concern is about the security risks. These security risks are even greater when there are companies that don't keep tight reins on advertisers.

How do you know if those advertisers are being kept in check? Look at the amount of cookies and data being stashed on your computer. These are vehicles for spying, viruses, trojans, identity theft, spamming, etc.

So, if ggs doesn't want to "support" those with adblockers, which would be those wanting to protect what belongs to them, then it seems like an excuse not to provide support. Using adblockers is being smart while using the internet. So ggs wants the players to be dumb and not use adblockers. They won't kick you from the game if you use adblockers, however, if you have a legitimate support issue, you won't be getting it, if you practice safe internet use. Missing gold, or having problems with gold purchases, no support. Having problems logging in, no support. Want to report bugs, no support. Looks like an excuse to not provide support, since the majority of people DO want to protect their computers and safely use the internet by means of tools available, like using adblockers. 

Some people are trying to make this an issue about being kicked from the game, but it is much more than that. People can choose to go find other games. But for those that want to stay, the "features" ahead include "video walls" (trying to make ads sound like FUN) and security concerns. But if you run into problems (since the players are the beta testers) how can you be confident ggs will handle them if they don't want to support anyone who protects their computers?

Oh wait, ggs already has proven that they deal with bugs immediately, and can make improvements and additions to the game without more bugs being added.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 05.01.2016
    Brian, you've been a good friend to us of the Big Farm community and I hate to see you go, but at the same time I think what you're doing is quite admirable. You feel that the game isn't the same, easy playing game that it used to be, and you're right as rain about that. If it were not for my coop, I would be saying adios amigos myself. All the best to you, my friend! Vaarwel  :)
  • Brian- you have been a valuable asset to the Big Farm Forum and I hate that you are leaving. Do hope that you change your mind because you have been here since the start of the game. Best wishes and please drop in from time to time to let us know how you are doing.
    Brian is setting a good example. He doesn't like what GGS is doing, he's leaving. Smart man. :)

If anyone is concerned about GGS breaking the law, report it to the respective regulatory body in your country to have a look at that.

If anybody is getting just bug upon bug and silly excuses from support, find another game to play. GGS is obviously not interested in you playing their game. :)

If anybody is scared of today's internet, stop using it or use it for just minimum you have to. It's daft to play online games and at the same time complain about internet not being safe. Who's forcing you to be a gamer anyway?

I think this is just a good common sense, which even GGS people would agree to. It's a game people. Nothing important in life. :)
  • If anybody is getting just bug upon bug and silly excuses from support, find another game to play. GGS is obviously not interested in you playing their game. :)
    That is a tad unfair to GGS. When you play games online they usually tell you the computer requirements needed to play the game, because they upgrade the games as computers improve, so that players get the best possible service. But not everyone can afford to have the latest computer, so there are a lot of people that find games become unplayable & blame the game creator, when really it is not their fault.

I am sure GGS (or any other gaming company) would love to be able to cater for every computer since the creation of the internet, but its just not possible, so sometimes players have to take a bit of responsibility here, if their system can`t handle the game. I have played other games that have been "improved" beyond the system capabilities of a lot of players & the hard truth is, you have to upgrade your computer or find a less complex game.

Having said that, if your computer DOES meet with the requirements for the game, ofc support should help you if its not working right, it could just be something else you have installed that is affecting your game.
    If anybody is getting just bug upon bug and silly excuses from support, find another game to play. GGS is obviously not interested in you playing their game. :)
    That is a tad unfair to GGS. ............................
    Scissors :) Since when do you care about fairness? :)

The bottom line is, every product targets specific groups of clients/computers/whatever. And obviously with many products not everybody fits in. If support said "Your computer is too slow for our game" that would not be a silly excuse, would it. That would just mean "our game is not for you with your comp" and it could be considered a fair treament. If they on the other hand do make silly excuses or in other ways show ridiculously low level of customer support, well, that is a clear message in itself, right? :):):)

I wonder why you "always" have to disagree with obvious. :wink: 

The reason I respond in this thread is that Brian is taking his stand for what he believes and that's precious in itself. B)

Anyway, gaming is overestmated today. :):) Get something valuable to do in life and gaming will automatically reduce it's importance. Many issues will then simplify themselves without any struggle. :)
  • Oh dear, I poked the smiley monster again I see. @Kamilcom (GB1) I would ask when it is that you think I did not care about fairness, but if I did I am afraid you might reply again. :p

Despite your little rant, I stand by my comment, I think it its unfair of you to claim that support give people "silly excuses" when they have bugs or that they are not interested in people playing their game.... Unless ofc you have some facts to back up it up, aside from "IF" they make silly excuses.

photo Keep Calm_zpsgeogmjywpng

• jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    I hate to see you go Brian! You will surely be missed. You have been a great asset to the BF Community! Its understandable though, if the game is more of a headache than fun, it may be time to move on. Good luck with wherever life takes you. :)
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    Brian,it's a shame to see you go, especially since the main reason for your quitting seems to be a point of our ToS that has been in there for more than 2 years now. :(

So, if ggs doesn't want to "support" those with adblockers, which would be those wanting to protect what belongs to them, then it seems like an excuse not to provide support. Using adblockers is being smart while using the internet. So ggs wants the players to be dumb and not use adblockers. 
    There are so many 3rd party tools (automatized ad blockers or other addons altering traffic) out there that we cannot offer support if these are turned on. It's like asking a manufacturer of a TV for help with an inofficial 3rd party remote control offered for their device - it's just out of their hands.

However, most of these tools have a whitelist function. You could whitelist Big Farm or our forums and still keep the addon active for all other websites. Or you keep them active no matter where and take note on the risk that these addons might harm your experience and/or functionality of the game.

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    CM Nafaru said:
    .........There are so many 3rd party tools (automatized ad blockers or other addons altering traffic) out there that we cannot offer support if these are turned on. It's like asking a manufacturer of a TV for help with an inofficial 3rd party remote control offered for their device - it's just out of their hands.

@ Nafaru
    one thing is to state that GGS cannot offer support to solve problems caused by an add blocker, as you just did, and a totally different thing is to PROHIBIT the use of any form of ad blocker

How can you even dream of prohibiting to use legal programs in private computers ?  

Oh dear, I poked the smiley monster again I see. @Kamilcom (GB1) I would ask when it is that you think I did not care about fairness, but if I did I am afraid you might reply again. :p

Despite your little rant, I stand by my comment, I think it its unfair of you to claim that support give people "silly excuses" when they have bugs or that they are not interested in people playing their game.... Unless ofc you have some facts to back up it up, aside from "IF" they make silly excuses.
    Smiley monster you say, hm? :):):)  Yeah, that's funny :):):)

Regarding the rest, it might really help you to think twice or rather three times before posting, as you again get into contradicting yourself, making your own comments nonsensical. You should especially think twice before accusing people of unfairness, as I don't think you understand meaning of that word. Nevertheless, since you don't make sense, I rest my case here. :):):)

Peace ...................... B)o:)B)

PS: Get yourself something usefull to do. :) Might end up with less time for nonsensical comments. :)
  • Hello, I was asking you to delete my account with Big Farm, but changed my mind because I was misinformed about game Rules. Please DO NOT DELETE my account with Big Farm, I will continue to play with the best co-op in the world, I've got the best friends here and I consider them my  2nd family.

Thank you for understanding me,   atunel.

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 08.01.2016

Hello, I was asking you to delete my account with Big Farm, but changed my mind (...) Please DO NOT DELETE my account (...)

@atunel (US1) Make sure you write a mail to support, just posting here is not enough, unless you did not send a mail to support for the deletion before either. 

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Yes I did write a mail to support for not delete me on  Wednesday - 01/06/2016 .-

Do I need to do more writing ?

Thank you for your attention,

atunel

This discussion has been closed.