Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold ridden game

Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
Hey guys. I've always wanted to do a detailed analysis of gold spendings, with some case studies and possible scenarios, but never have had time for it, and probably never will. Still the amount of real money that can easily be spent on this game has been sort of amusing for me (understand I find it rediculous), so let me make this broad sketch with very round numbers and huge approximations and simplifications, just to paint the broad picture and maybe start a discussion or possibly inspire a more devoted player to do "real" work on it: The prices I use are from an obsolette incomplete spreadsheet which I downloaded months ago and which I think is no longer accessible on internet. I suppose the data is still at least roughly correct, and one of you game tycoons will surely have updated info anyway.

Let's suppose somebody wanted to have 5 level 5 Gold houses on each farm, both L6 Gold Barns, 5 L7 Gold Fields, and L5 Water Tower and Workshop on each of the three permanent farms. The results would be as follows:

Gold house L5         14 400 x 15 = 216 000
Gold barn L6            44 700 x 2 = 89 400  
Gold field L7             52 750 x 5 = 263 750
Water Tower L5       74 700 x 3 = 224 100
Workshop L5           91 700 x 3 = 275 100

Altogether over 1 milion gold. Provided I use the best UK deal as a measure - 112 k gold for 50 GBP, I'd need to spend 450 GBP on that. (Ignoriing all Hot Deals etc. for simplification.) Huh, quite some money, right? And we still could have roughly twice as many houses and fields.

Let's have a look at Library Books. I took Apple Handbook as a model. Lot of books seem to be at this range. A few are cheaper, a few are more expensive. I'm not going to bother with too much detail here either. Let's say there are 95 books altogether, if I counted them correct. Now if somebody wanted them all, they would be looking at approximately this number:

77 390 x 95 = 7 352 050 gold

Using the same best UK package as above without any further discounts and Hot Deals we would spend about 3 300 GBP on 66 of these packages to cover the expenses. Now this would be by far the most expensive investment category, so every other investment will probably fall short of it's glory. :)

Nevertheless it's only two of what might be seen as major gold spending investment categories. I haven't included other gold upgrades like gold mine or dog house etc gold decos, gold land purchase and similar, nor did I include "non-investment" uses of gold like production speed ups for events or  upgrade speed ups for Architect etc. Just with this one selective group and one sort of complete group of investment (one time) gold spending we have already spent about 3 300 + 450 GBP. (Note that for low income group in UK for example we are looking at something roughly equal to 4 months of minimum wage worth earnings.)

Disclamer: Again reminding, don't look for precision or completeness in my example as it's just a broad sketch and approximaton to start painting a picture, something I've long had in my mind, like a starter for those possibly more diligent players, if anybody wants to join in and develop this idea further in extent and math precision. :) At the same time feel free to add any correction if serious mistake has been made. :)

Enjoy your gold thinking.

EDIT: Just when I posted I realised I used dollar bonus value instead of gold purchase value. Not paying much attention to what I was doing. Hope there's no more big calc mistake now. :)

Comments

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    If you where patient and knew about 200% gold bonus and while patiently playing ,saving up ,you could get 3 million  gold for £395 I think lol but yes it is a lot of money,but if it gives you a bit of enjoyment for a couple of years ,guess not to bad. I stopped buying gold myself almost a year ago,when I thought GGS where starting to get to greedy. The other day I had 3 hot deals offered,but to near Xmas and have farm as I like so no need for gold. Will play 50% less 2016 because think greediness will be same CC with 10 day break,HW + islands + horses + whatever next.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    @Lesley52 (GB1) There's number of reasons I like looking at things this sort of statistical way, as it has quite powerfull informative value. Especially the Library book cumulative price is kind of a shocker, a wake up call. Can you imagine what amount of fun you could have for that kind of money elsewhere? Which would be another idea for analysis/comparison. Or if somebody wanted to spend their time and make a few case studies on what can actually be spent on non-investment gold purchases, for example during one co-op championship, or during half a year of intense missions playing etc. - many options available, that would further paint and reinforce the picture of how ridiculously expensive this game can be. Over a few years of playing we are looking at a simple potential of spending thousands, possibly tens of thousands dollars or GBP. I think that's nteresting to realise. Raises a lot of questions along the way. One of them for example, wouldn't you expect top quality product for that price with excellent customer service .......... etc. Well ..... just brainstorming. Sort of wish I could devote more time and energy to such assesment. In reality I actually need to spend less time both in-game and on forums and focus on more profitable things. But as i said, maybe that will inspire other players to join the brainstorm and throw in a few case studies, calculations or ideas. :)

Note: I used to do detailed case studies of another game I was playing some time ago. But that was a bit more straightforward, less complicated economy model, majority of data was provided by game moderators in clear format, with every change of the game perfectly documented. That allowed the case studies to be very precise and revealing, no guesswork, just exact data processing. It was fun, a good mental excercise, and I think it helped to shape that game for better. Unfortunatelly they soon run out of ideas for further development, so I ended up here. :) (For the time being anyway.) I still have several systems of BF game mechanics to analyse in detail, but never had time to finish it. They are all waiting at the end of a long queue of things more important untill one day, maybe, it's their turn. :):):)
  • what about gold decos. bue tractor for 5500 gold.
  • Very good, the sad part about it is that some people are addicted and buying the gold can can get them into serious trouble. Like Lesley I have stopped buying Gold, yes I have spent a lot already, but there comes a time when enough is enough. The thing is nothing on Big Farm is guaranteed, we could buy the best gold purchasers  only to find GGS change all that later on. A lot of things are based around GGS's so called luck and unworkable equations, I was taught that computers only do what we tell them to do in the first place. We have so many bugs and errors yet 99% of them in some way benefit GGS and not the players, if the developers are that bad why are they employed? simply because they know exactly what they are doing. Much easier to blame a "bug" than to own up to greed....
  • Emma66 (GB1)Emma66 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 134
    Thanks for this, it is a salutary reminder about the money pit this game can become if you are not very careful. Because most players join co-ops, and then become loyal to their co-op it means GG really doesn't have to bother much with customer loyalty. I have really enjoyed playing the game, I have made some really good friends in real life as a result of it, but I start a new job in the new year so my playing days are numbered and my gold buying is pretty much finished. My advice to any gold buyers out there is make a monthly budget and stick to it, keep a tally of how much you spend on gold so you can see how much this game really costs you and can make an informed choice about how you spend your money. There is very little point in blaming a profit-motivated business for greed. Every single business that is profit-motivated necessarily has a business model that is geared towards making as much money as possible. No profit = no game, simples.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Thanks for this, it is a salutary reminder about the money pit this game can become if you are not very careful. Because most players join co-ops, and then become loyal to their co-op it means GG really doesn't have to bother much with customer loyalty. I have really enjoyed playing the game, I have made some really good friends in real life as a result of it, but I start a new job in the new year so my playing days are numbered and my gold buying is pretty much finished. My advice to any gold buyers out there is make a monthly budget and stick to it, keep a tally of how much you spend on gold so you can see how much this game really costs you and can make an informed choice about how you spend your money. There is very little point in blaming a profit-motivated business for greed. Every single business that is profit-motivated necessarily has a business model that is geared towards making as much money as possible. No profit = no game, simples.

Hear, hear!! Very well said!
    :+1:  :)
  • I  have found that if i watch the videos for the free items and use the quarry to mine gold then i have enough and dont have to purchase any gold
    I  have found that if i watch the videos for the free items and use the quarry to mine gold then i have enough and dont have to purchase any gold
    That's probably because you don't spend gold. :) If you look at the few calculations in the original post and compare it with the tiny little gold you can get in-game, it tells the tale. :) I'm not gonna make a case study of how many centuries one would have to play to get some substantial gold in-game, but the discrepancy between the possible in-game gold and gold prices is quite striking. :)

As a matter of fact nobody has to purchase gold. The game can be played for free. But since it is so competitive it presents a huge disadvantage for free players compared to heavy gold users/buyers.

The point I'm making is, that when you look at possible spendings in reall money and what you get for it, this game suddenly looks more like gambling then an online farming game. Yet still with gambling you have a chance of winning some real life usefull rewards. Here thousands are spent on digital victories having no benefit for your real life at all.

Regarding many blaming GGS of greed, it's an extent and methods used which lead players to these conclusions. There's ways to do things, and some practices go beyond reasoneable or moral. To simplify, it's good to offer cheap things for little money and high quality superb things for a lot of money, but many would not see it good to give a little and ask a lot. It's common sense knowledge and therefore redundant to emphasise that every business want's to make money, but the details of how they go about that makes them popular or unpopular with their clientele and general public. Your closing statement is just disregarding the fact that there are also some etical standards in doing business and making profit, and that many people are sensitive to these issues.

Disclamer: I'm not telling anybody not to buy gold. Just briefly discribing and analysing some aspects of the game which when understood give some insight into what this game is about, what and at what price can be expected and accomplished. :)
  • As a matter of fact nobody has to purchase gold. The game can be played for free. But since it is so competitive it presents a huge disadvantage for free players compared to heavy gold users/buyers.
    The game is strategic. not competitive. Players can be competitive & lots of them are, but it is not a requirement of the game to be that way. Even in the coop challenge it is not necessary to be competitive, you can just work with your teammates to try and get rewards for your members & ignore the rankings. The same is true of the ranch & the temp islands.

If you are a very competitive person & want to win everything, then I agree that would require gold buying, but not everyone is motivated to do that.
    As a matter of fact nobody has to purchase gold. The game can be played for free. But since it is so competitive it presents a huge disadvantage for free players compared to heavy gold users/buyers.
    The game is strategic. not competitive. Players can be competitive & lots of them are, but it is not a requirement of the game to be that way. Even in the coop challenge it is not necessary to be competitive, you can just work with your teammates to try and get rewards for your members & ignore the rankings. The same is true of the ranch & the temp islands.

If you are a very competitive person & want to win everything, then I agree that would require gold buying, but not everyone is motivated to do that.
    Well this is a wishfull thinking and a distortion of facts. :) The game is designed as competition. And the way to win is often by paying a lot of real money. Nearly every, if not truly every, later addition to the game is designed as competition, which rewards winners with special prizes. Horse racing, Silo, Event farms, Wheel of fortune etc.......... they all give rewards for ranking, which further advantage the winner in the game by better stables, better orchards, gold etc. That's what many are complaining about. That's also why many are leaving the game as they interpret this competitive nature of the game and it's in-game expression as greed of the game provider and too hard push for gold purchase.

(Btw even Santa is a competition, at least 2 weeks out of 6, and big gold spending can help you win easily. The difference is that It doesn't give you any big reward for wnning.)

To claim that a race is not a competition simply because some runners can chose to ignore the placement and rewards connected is simply painting black wall with a white paint. :) This is how politicians lie to the public all the time to deceive them. :) In reality one has to ignore many parts of the game to play it as a strategy, not a competition.

Talking about compettive nature of the game we are still overlooking that somewhere you get major advantage just by spending thousands of dollars (talking about books and gold buildings), without any competition at all, and that again put's you in better position in the competition parts of the game.

Although I do agree that if there was no competitive player here, the competitive nature of the game would be not easily materialise, there still would be these special rewards for ranking, giving winners further advantage through placement rewards, making the difference between those who win and those who lose. Then nobody would bother, nobody would be upset about that, yet the game would still clearly reveal it's competitive nature, just the show off would not be as loud as it is now. :):):)

Finally, if it is the term "competitive" used for a non-living thing which you object to, I can accept that objection. Then let's call it anything which suit's you and which describes the facts. In British culture and English language we would call it simply "a competition".  :):):)
    edited 30.12.2015

Well said Scissors! And you are so right! :+1:  I know a lot more players who are not that competitive or do not like these few competitive elements in the game at all so play accordingly -  than very competitive players....

And of course everyone is allowed to see things their way, but no one can force their opinion upon others. In fact it is kind of rude and childish to always think only your truth is the right truth.... ;) Just play the game any way you like.

And for the record: I do have over 3.300 gold - all by in-game gold savings, I use gold fairly often but not for competitive reasons. 

• I am not a gold buyer (in fact I can play this game very well without purchasing gold); but am thankful to the players who do buy gold. It's thanks to them that we can play this event. I only bought some gold in the first 6 months of the game.
    • I didn't have a water tower or workshop for 3 years (only bought a water tower 3 months ago)
    • I don't have blue houses, nor blue barns. I only bought 2 gold fields 6 months ago and upgraded my nursery to lvl 2 3 months ago.
    • I never ever acted on 1 of the gold offers or hot deals, dangling in my screen. Just leave them idle.
    • I played all events, also the horse tournaments. I just skip theme events or island events now and then because I have a life. I even skipped the Hard Worker event twice. If I don't have time, I don't have time, no moaning about it - just very happy with the fact that we can make those kind of choices. My coop only plays the Coop Challenge once every 3 months.
    • Last but not least, I don't need to win all the time and I don't need to be the highest ranked player. I love to do a mission once in a while and like the contest then. But I can't stand doing them all the time for days. I didn't build a production farm because I knew this would bore me soonest. Instead i build realistic farms with realistic farm decors, and love looking at it. In fact: if I would have build a production- or factory farm only for competitive reasons, to win everything - I would have stopped playing this game years ago.

Happy farming!  :)
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
    Well said Scissors! And you are so right! :+1:  I know a lot more players who are not that competitive or do not like these few competitive elements in the game at all so play accordingly -  than very competitive players....

And of course everyone is allowed to see things their way, but no one can force their opinion upon others. In fact it is kind of rude and childish to always think only your truth is the right truth.... ;)Just play the game any way you like.

And for the record: I do have over 3.300 gold - all by in-game gold savings, I use gold fairly often but not for competitive reasons. 

Happy farming!  :)
    You're raising some filosofical issues here. :) There are facts, and there are lies. The competition in the game either is, or is not. One statement is true, the other is false. It's no man's personal truth. :) Just a fact. Correct or incorrect. No need to make clear things foggy. :)

It's only things as us liking it or not liking it etc, which are subjective and free to our opinion without distorting facts. To present opnion as a fact would be childish, I agree to that. :)

So let's state correct facts, and then express our opinion of these facts. But let's not mix the two together. :):):)

Note: Your 3 300 gold makes me giggle in the light of the main topic of the thread and some milions gold spendings featured. I myself have a lot more than that but it's a drop of water in the ocean with regard to how much I would need to pay for any gold building etc. :)

• @Kamilcom (GB1)  Just because you think it is a competitive game & impossible to play it any other way, doesn`t mean we have to agree with you. Its not a competition because there is no winner. Its a never ending game where players build & run a farm however they want to. Some people want to make more & more cash, some want to climb the rankings and be #1, some want to have every deco in the tower & some just want to make a pretty farm. So yes, if you set yourself a competitive goal, for you the game is competitive, but not everyone has the need to be the biggest, best, richest whatever, some people just like playing with their farms & interacting with their friends.
    As Scissors states, there are competitive elements to this game, but whether or not you chose to play them competitively or at all, is dependent on your play style (and budget).
    BRAVO!!@RunsWivScissors (GB1) and @Emma66 (GB1)  that is exactly how it is! 

The nicest thing about this BF game is that we can choose ... 

We can choose which event we want to do or skip, we can choose whether we want to play it competitively or not, we can choose whatever, however and how often .... it's all in the game and all up to our own choice. You can play the game at your own pace and enjoy it or fill the whole forum with complaints about everything - again the choice is up to yourself. 

edited 29.12.2015
    @Kamilcom (GB1)  Just because you think it is a competitive game & impossible to play it any other way, doesn`t mean we have to agree with you. Its not a competition because there is no winner. Its a never ending game where players build & run a farm however they want to. Some people want to make more & more cash, some want to climb the rankings and be #1, some want to have every deco in the tower & some just want to make a pretty farm. So yes, if you set yourself a competitive goal, for you the game is competitive, but not everyone has the need to be the biggest, best, richest whatever, some people just like playing with their farms & interacting with their friends.
    OK Scissors, you have a point. Now when you asserted so firmly your right to disagree with the obvious and, despite the evidence, believe that this game is not designed as competitive, do you have anything to contribute to the topic? Like do you have any nice case study of possible gold spendings and it's influence on the game for us? If you've never noticed what this thread is about, please kindly re-read it from the start. :)

Just a couple off-topic points for you to consider:
    Where did I claim that it's impossible to play this game other then competitive way? (Would be nice if you responded to the topic instead to your immagination.) :)
    Since you came here more then once to disagree with my posts, shouldn't it be actually me saying: "Just because you think it is not a competitive game, doesn`t mean we have to agree with you." But that would be foolish, wouldn't it? : ;) (Tempted to include some Jiesta's comments, but will restrain myself in satirical expressions.) :):):)

..... there are competitive elements to this game, but whether or not you chose to play them competitively or at all, is dependent on your play style (and budget).
    I absolutely agree with you (not with Scissors though). ;) The game can be played many different ways and there's no dispute about that. Competition can be ignored, despite most later developement being just that. Which is one of the major reasons I'm still playing the game. :)

But does it mean that we cannot talk about it's increasing competitiveness, which irritates so many and makes them despise the game to the point of leaving it? Or can we not talk about the potential for gold spending, real money spending, and how it influences the game play? I think these are very valid topics. And definitelly interesting ones for me. :)

It would be so nice if somebody finally contributed to the topic, but I guess we are all lazy or too bussy doing other stuff to get on with real math and statistical job. : :):):) There used to be times when many enjoyed similar calculations and case studies. I guess they must have all left by now. :):)

PS: CM, can you add spell checker to the forum please? :):)

EDIT after posting: @Jiesta (NL1) How about you Jiesta? Do you have any contribution to the topic? It starts to look to me that Jiesta/Scissors club are trying to get their Masters in off-topicking. :) Btw a lot is in how we read. It might very well be your problem that you view facts as complaints. :):)
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I was offered horse for over 163K gold (£60) Hot offer been the seaweed deal,it still been Santas list .
  • @Kamilcom (GB1) Why do you always resort to sarcasm & insults? I`m done with the discussion. Sorry its on the wrong thread, gets hard to know what thread one is on when they all say the same thing. No I have nothing to contribute to your analysis of gold spending, because tbh I have no clue what the point of it is... Is it a "contest" to see who can make the most expensive list of things to spend gold on? hehe :p

Wishes you a Happy New Year & leaves thread.
    @Kamilcom (GB1) Why do you always resort to sarcasm & insults? I`m done with the discussion. Sorry its on the wrong thread, gets hard to know what thread one is on when they all say the same thing. No I have nothing to contribute to your analysis of gold spending, because tbh I have no clue what the point of it is... Is it a "contest" to see who can make the most expensive list of things to spend gold on? hehe :p

Wishes you a Happy New Year & leaves thread.
    Always? :) You do like exegeration, do you. :) Satira is a reaction to folly. It wakes you up. Otherwise we could have had long, fruitles, off-topic, possibly fierce debate about nothing. :):) There is no insult in the post, unless you chose to be oversensitive. Some posters including yourself sometimes react as if every disagreeing, critical or analytical comment about the game was a personal attack against them.

If you can't see the point of such analysis, it's probably because it is as pointless as any other discussion about any other aspect of the game. :) Yet we all engage in at least some of them. :) I engage in this one cause I like some aspects expressed in numbers. Helps to improve appreciation and make better informed decisions.

Happy New Year and bye bye. :):)

PS: Don't forget to take Jiesta with you. ;)
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 30.12.2015

Trying to pour oil on troubled waters here so don't shout at me please.

I can see all points of view on this.   I understand that you can play the game your own way, using no gold or the small amount of gold you get from levelling up, but I can also see how the game is geared to encourage us to purchase gold in order to build a nicer farm which is what we are all playing the game for.  I know that you don't have to play all events - I don't take part in the temp farms or the horses as I don't have the time or the cash for these and when any new event starts I will read carefully any info posted in the forum (thanks to the players who are good enough to post said info) before deciding whether or not to take part.  However, there are many who don't read the forum as often as they should, and also those who NEVER visit, and they are caught in the gold-spending trap in order to finish many events.  I understand that GGS is a business and I would never belittle such a business for making (or trying to make) a profit, but in aiming for that profit they make it a pipe-dream for so many players who are encouraged to purchase gold (why else are we inundated with so many gold offers and hot deals during events) and the majority of gold purchasers end up with nothing extra, as per this wish list fiasco.  Since when have you had to buy your own present??? Santa Scrooge comes to mind.

Anyway, I can see what @Kamilcom is trying to do. They have taken the time to work out the cost in REAL MONEY of virtual goods and it is certainly an eye-opener.  I do not think that they were saying not to buy gold -  in fact I think they have stated that they have themselves bought gold -  but for us to realise the cost in REAL MONEY of these items and to be careful of how much we are spending.  I think this is a good warning and not a criticism against anyone.

Each to his/her own, but please be aware of how much that pretty VIRTUAL decoration will cost in REAL MONEY :)

Each to his/her own, but please be aware of how much that pretty VIRTUAL decoration will cost in REAL MONEY

Couldn't agree more!

@Jiesta (NL1) I noticed that you just updated one of your post with a lot of points. It sounds nice, and many of us play the game similar way having similar view of things. We could easily reach agreement on most of those points. The problem is, that it doesn't add anything to the topic of the thread. Nobody has even slightly challenged the fact that the game can be played in different ways, among others completely without gold use, so no need to argue for that. It would do you good if you spent some time reading the thread and tried to understand the topic, before indulging yourself in a creative essay writing which then sadly happens to be hardly more then advanced off-topicking, mostly echoing Scissors' imputs which were misplaced in the first place anyway. :) After all this tread is still rather short (and would be much shorter without yours and Scissors' generous off-topicking) so you can't excuse yourself by getting lost in an avalanche of posts. :)

But hey! If you've chosen to ignore some posts, then I guess you are destinned to be "ignorant" at times of what's going on, so I guess we can expect many more posts of that type from you?  :):):) 
  • @Kamilcom (GB1)  FYI it was YOU that brought up the issue of the game being competitive, so stop blaming everyone else for taking the thread off-topic. :p
    @Kamilcom (GB1)  FYI it was YOU that brought up the issue of the game being competitive, so stop blaming everyone else for taking the thread off-topic. :p
    I agree. I mentioned as a side point that the game is competitive. Such an obvious thing to everybody who's eyes are openned, right? And then you with Jiesta jumped at that and took the thread off topic. :):):) I wouldn't dare to blame everyone else, just you too. :):):) With Jiesta excitedly echoing your every move you make a perfect off-topicking team. The best I've seen on forums so far. :)

Now I'm half involuntarily joining you in hijacking and off-topicking my own thread. :):):) But don't worry, I'll get back to gold analysing as soon as I have time for it. :)
  • @Kamilcom (GB1)  FYI it was YOU that brought up the issue of the game being competitive, so stop blaming everyone else for taking the thread off-topic. :p
    I agree.

Only 4 hours left of 2015, glad to see we ended the year in agreement
    edited 01.01.2016
    Oh @RunsWivScissors (GB1)  ................ lol ............. what a crude manipulation with text. :):):) Is that how you treat data. :) No wonder we have conflicting views of things so many times. :):)

EDIT: Hey Scissors, sorry but I couldn't resist the temptation to use your ways and had to come back. :)

BRAVO!!  that is exactly how it is! 

-------------------------------------

Used the opportunity of Frida's visit: All now available horizon paintings cost 252 400 gold, little over 110 GBP in our model pricing. Not that bad. The paintings in our local commercial art galery are usually more expensive. :) The most expensive single horizon priced at 79 k gold would go at about 35 GBP. More then 5 hours of work at minimum UK wage. :)

The reason I use very round numbers and don't bother about precise math is that there are mirriads of possible financing scenarios. A player buing smaller gold packages would pay up to roughly 50 % more, a player going only for best hot deals etc could get as low as roughly about 1/3 of the model price. A player not buying but relying on in-game gold would ............ well, leave the game at he end of his life as a heritage for his children and grand children, to continue the legacy. :):):)

This is rather about Library Books, gold buildings etc, not Horizons, but I had one of these "enlighted" moments this morning. :):) These high gold prices serve as a deterrent. GGS simply doesn't want us to buy our way up. They want us to enjoy nice and slow "fair" ride. :):)

• I am reply to the first post on this topic...

I am forcing on blue(Fancy) house, decoration, horizons landscape (building things), etc

Let's suppose somebody wanted to have 5 level 5 Gold houses on each farm, both L6 Gold Barns, 5 L7 Gold Fields, and L5 Water Tower and Workshop on each of the three permanent farms. The results would be as follows:

Gold house L5         14 400 x 15 = 216 000
    Gold barn L6            44 700 x 2 = 89 400  
    Gold field L7             52 750 x 5 = 263 750
    Water Tower L5       74 700 x 3 = 224 100
    Workshop L5           91 700 x 3 = 275 100

Altogether over 1 milion gold. Provided I use the best UK deal as a measure - 112 k gold for 50 GBP, I'd need to spend 450 GBP on that. (Ignoriing all Hot Deals etc. for simplification.) Huh, quite some money, right? And we still could have roughly twice as many houses and fields.

I am not forcing on library, hurry production, etc...

When you finish building level 5 Fancy House. What will you do when you finish level 5 Fancy House? The answer is the level 5 house is finish and maximum. Question is how long will level 5 Fancy house will on stay the farm land? The answer is depend on people. If one year to some people then the result is that much money will turn into one year of using.

There is basic rule, every games have (including donating in real life).... When you get in a game. You like the game was set. And is happy to play the game... when someone is happy to play the game and want to donate something... So the game make a donate box. Later the game have an idea. “I will give you a gift because you donate money to the game” - the gift is gold spending.

Example in real life is. When you hear there is light shows. When you get there. No money to pay at enter to see the light show. When people see that all light shows are great! At the end of the path of light shows is donate box.

I am not talking about when (in game) → “I am going to race with you to see who is the richest!”

1 million gold is alot to me.  -  I had seen many people in the stores (using body language not speaking). - “Too much money... wait for next months so that store will lower the prices.” People who use that quote, did not buy until store will lower the price.

I hope I use my post to say in right topic.  I hope I explain well...

• Hey aint that wabbit closed this thread yet.. Nice work on those figure Kamilcom. 
    I maybe missed something in this thread, but I do seem to remember one of the CM's saying about the competitive nature of the game.
    Most of the players are correct in one way or another. Many players "advice" if someone disagrees with the practices of GGS is to stop playing ! If we disagree with our internet provider sending spam every week, should we leave ? GGS are here to make money, they do not deny that, players DO NOT have to play, players do not have to buy GOLD. Most of the complaints are not about buying gold, but the way GGS advertise it every 30 mins and how most of the game is GOLD based. I have noticed that players and their points are shown with the charity event, yet with the wheel of fortune everything except a ranking is visable. Is this because GOLD is involved in the buying of tokens. it looks like just over 1,500 playing the UK charity drive, its only farm dollars, yet according to GGS over 3,000 play the wheel of fortune for which we may require gold. Just a thought, If there are "ghost" player in the wheels ranking, this could make players use more tokens... who would gain from that the most.. player or GGS ! 
  • humpty (AU1)humpty (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16
    This is an old thread..but i have to say it's "a choice"...i haven't spent a cent on gold..i use it when i get it for FREE..and treat it like gold..still enjoy the game..and become more competitive as my farm grows

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file