Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Workshop - Your questions and comments

Comments

• The main thing I would tell people is you must donate items FOR EACH SPIN. Once you choose an item, your donations get CLEARED.

What a waste. I donated a bunch of junk that I don't really use so I'm not really mad but others may be.

I got a "Crater" from donating about 2000 candles worth of items. I didn't bother donating for the other 4 items and the "random" spins were not very random, I got 3 "Log Bridges" and 1 "Crop Circles", both were next to each other on the wheel. They could have at least made the items on the wheel randomize each time you got your item.

This kind of thing annoys me, requiring a ton of stuff to be paid for junk that I can buy if I want it (but I usually don't). I will not be playing this game for much longer.

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
     No matter how many times I told others to only donate if they  can complete their list, many still contributed and achieved about 5% every week.  I don't want to have to boot inexperienced players.  There contribution should help instead of blocking the whole co-op from achieving its goal.  There should be away where everyone can contribute and larger farms can help along smaller farms.
    Same thing happened in my coop. The event was virtually over for us after the 2nd week. A few of us were able to complete 100% of our orders, and spent tens of millions of farm dollars trying to complete the unfinished orders. We never once finished all orders to 100%. After 4 weeks oof emptying our barns and spending tons of money we are looking at a low-level, low-happiness, HUGE decoration that we don't even want. Then came week 5: snowflakes! But they are absolutely useless to us: no increase in happiness even, unless we finish in the top 24. Now Santa's workshop, where I am asked once again to donate tons of farm dollars/supplies/GOLD for a chance to get a nice decoration. 
    Not impressed at all in the Christmas events GGS developed. Everything was too complicated for casual players, too expensive for everyone in my coop, and too much geared towards the top coops and heavy gold spenders. To me the best part was finding Rudolph and getting a few cheap rewards.

• In our co-op we concluded that ...
    the whole thing with donating to greedy Santa + total disappointment with the last stage (gives no chance to understaffed co-ops with lower level players) + the very disappointing Santa's Workshop
    ... all are a total rip-off and little fun.

In Santa's Workshop, I made it to tier 7 decos donating dollars/goods and this is how much it cost me:
    170 mln dollars + 4 mln golden horseshoes + 1,000 fertilizer + 600 liquid fert + 600 cow feed + 500 chick feed + 400 duck feed + some smallers amounts of other feeds and some sunflowers and roses (the flowers - fortunately I was careful enough not to donate seeds) ... and maybe something else too that I can't remember now.

It was all to get 1 spin with 3 tier 6 decos and 3 tier 7 decos (unlocking the last crate with the 4th lvl 7 deco meant spending 17 mln dollars more - I passed). I won Troyan horse.

Was it exciting? Was it fun? No, it wasn't. Maybe it would be if it all cost 1/4 of what it actually did.

Btw, Touring Theatre very ugly.
  • I missed a star because of internet problems,also test day. Today had 5 turns with stars won,prizes went to Greta, but I cannot donate goods or money to go again,that part greyed out,slider not working. I can only buy another star for 980 gold . Prize not worth it
    You can only get candle points if you have at least one star to use them.
    So only after buying another start you could start donating again.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    why is it ggs has to make this game so difficult to understand, I got the stars and might as well call them a waste.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    If the Christmas events are anything to go by then GGS must see Santa as a greedy pig. Its the festive season and it should be the time of year to give and to celebrate but all they seem to be doing is taking. Enough with the greed already, its getting old. How many players need to leave before GGS notices they made a big mistake?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Will it be possible to earn anymore festive stars before the event ends?
  • Past the start of workshop @ gavinfarms you have to buy more if you want more.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I missed a star because of internet problems,also test day. Today had 5 turns with stars won,prizes went to Greta, but I cannot donate goods or money to go again,that part greyed out,slider not working. I can only buy another star for 980 gold . Prize not worth it
    You can only get candle points if you have at least one star to use them.
    So only after buying another start you could start donating again.
    Even when I had my stars,could not donate,so maybe needed all those from Rudolf. I missed him 3 times,including a star prize. Not worth 1500 to go back. Looking at thread probably a good thing .
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    see there are 8 event in big farm but i dont know why ggs send discover new horizon continuously , i think wof was ended on 23 and again it came ,dont know when will regular main event will come and hardwork too
    it is getting too bored to play these days if no more event ll come
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Even when I had my stars,could not donate,so maybe needed all those from Rudolf. I missed him 3 times,including a star prize. Not worth 1500 to go back. Looking at thread probably a good thing .
    You missing some days of callendar has probably nothing to do with your donation issue. I missed Rudolf several times too, including star, and it still worked ok for me.

see there are 8 event in big farm but i dont know why ggs send discover new horizon continuously , i think wof was ended on 23 and again it came ,dont know when will regular main event will come and hardwork too
    it is getting too bored to play these days if no more event ll come
    You're right. A lot of grab gold events, but none much fun (unless one is game fanatic or gold spending enthusiast). Regular deco event or Silo event would be better. Hopefully deco comes back soon. :)
  • HI JUST WANTED TO VENT .. i AM SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THE XMAS RUN UP, IT WAS BORING. IT WAS LIKE ..WAITING FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN AND IT NEVER DID.!. AND i HAVE NO WORDS STRONG ENOUGH TO DESCRIBE THE HUGE LET DOWN FROM SANTA'S WORKSHOP.!!. AGAIN BORING.. AND NOT A XMAS TREE REWARD INSIGHT.. ..NOT ENOUGH SPARKLE, SURPRISES OR WANTED REWARDS...NOW I KNOW WHY SOME MEMBERS DID NOT TAKE PART IN THE RUN UP.. i WONT BOTHER NEXT TIME EITHER...
  • samridh2002 (IN1) said:
    Scissors can you please tell how much candle points are needed to have wellspring of charity in those 7 decos? Congrats :)
    In addition to Scissors answer, I happened to take this screenshot earlier in the night (so 70,000 seems about right)

Scissors,
    Do you know what the costs at around this level are to remove and re-spin?

P.S.  To anyone - I find taking a few screenshots at various points where there are desirable decos to be a great tool.
    What is the size and happiness of the "Wellspring of charity"?
  • So far to date there are over 5300 CO-OPs  listed as competing in the snowflake event.  Giving the prize to the top 24 CO-OPs is less than one half of one percent of the CO-OPs competing.  I understand that GG needs to make a profit to operate the game and make it worth their efforts but I also understand that customer satisfaction is a big part of a successful business.  My overall ranking by exp points in the game is around 640.  I know there was a lot more than 640 people playing when I joined.  This shows a vast turnover of players in the two years I have played.  This is directly related to customer satisfaction or the lack of.  In another game I play (which out or respect to GG, I will not mention) the Christmas event was to spin a wheel every day for 24 days.  There is one free spin and all prizes were top notch prizes.  Extra spins were 100 gold per spin and the prizes were so good they made a lot of money from extra spins.  No huge investment of time, no competition, just good prizes and spin to win.  Dividing CO-OPS by size will not really work as you will end up with small CO-OPs filled with gold spenders and the casual gold spenders will still be at a disadvantage.  The only fair way is to have each CO-OP declare before an event to either use gold or not on the event and that will determine what catigory you are in and then divide them by size.
  • OGG (GB1)OGG (GB1) Posts: 66
    THIS IS THE BIGGEST RIP OFF EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS COST ME 200 MILLION FOR A 90 POINT DECORATION,I HAVE HIGER DECOS IN STORAGE !!!!!!!!!
  • Nemej (CZ1)Nemej (CZ1) Posts: 220
    edited 27.12.2015
    well spring of charity - 5x5  90 points 

best tactics for me - double xp from wheel of fortune 

buy corn for dollars 
    chicken feed and speed up mill for 18gold  

6 level deco is about 35k points - so it will cost only about 1200-1500 gold and 2mil dollars for corn  to reach 6lvl deco - not bad. as a reward i will get 3000 xp 
    Post edited by Nemej (CZ1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I have also been wondering where our normal weekly events are..........?
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I have also been wondering where our normal weekly events are..........?
    When I 1st started playing March 2014 events where fortnightly and with Xmas + NY hols glad of break but guess something will start before NY
  • HBI2 (US1)HBI2 (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    I myself got 4 decos I did not have before that were offered before I started I have extra spins and wish there were a few more im missing but I have a ton of extra fertilizer and cash so in all I liked the Christmas event
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Now that the work shop is almost done does that mean we are not going to get the chance to fill the rest of Santa's Wish List that we have not completed? I believe it stated in the beginning that we would be giving a chance near the end of the event to do that.
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 27.12.2015
    Very disappointed!!!
    Everything was very expensive. Rather it was game dollars and real money.
    The island cost were insane...
    The Santa workshop more insane.,,100 mil and still not at level 7 once you spin the wheel you had to start over again. 
    This is why so many players are leaving and maybe GGS should read about the down fall of Sony on line games and how they are now owned by Daybreak...even your most loyal players have had enough.

Post edited by rocnrobn (US1) on
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 27.12.2015
    Today the "remove donation limit"  was working fine yesterday but today it suddenly does not work anymore (NL server)......there went my 19 mil. And I did NOT tick the box!!
    Santa (read GGS) got me by my nose.....again.
    Must be to finance to 2-week holidays of the GGS personel.
    If I didn't have almost everything fully stocked so now I could sell some to keep on playing, this would have been, for certain, my last day of playing.
  • Janisss (AU1)Janisss (AU1) Posts: 63
    edited 29.12.2015
    Just an observation......my first spin was for all the low level decos. I only owned 1 of the 7 decos available to win in the spin. For some reason I do not have an abundance of low happiness decos. No matter. I pressed the spin button & watched as it slowed down & actually moved backwards a few notches at the end of the spin to land on the only deco that I already owned of the 7 decos offered. I did not spend gold to remove that deco from the group. I just took the deco & did another spin & it landed on the same deco again. Coincidence?? Maybe.....but it was enough for me to wash my hands of the whole thing. I don't care about festive stars, spinning for decos or anything else associated with the holiday events. I have had enough. Kudos to those who did enjoy it all. I missed that boat entirely.......
  • I saved up before spinning and reached a level 7 deco......or so I thought. When you reach 126000 candlepoints, the donation button turn grey. So I went for a spin.....and got a level 6 deco. How dissapointing (again).
    I would have gladly donated some more to ensure a level 7 deco. Now I can never reach it in the time left.
    I even spent 980 gold for a next spin....no luck. And spinning again would have cost me 1900 gold : no way !!
    Below picture before spinning.....and I got the level 6 carriage :-(

• CM Popeye said:
    Hey fellow farmers! go ahead and post any questions or feedback regarding our latest event in here. Happy holidays!!!!!

-Popeye
    I thought the stuff was so ungodly expensive that I couldn't even afford to do any of it.  Except for spend all of my money trying to make red flax.  At that point it just sat there because I never had enough money to make anything out of it.  If I had known it was going to suck so bad I wouldn't have exchanged so much money to play that portion of the game.
  • I like it

• I have wondered........What if we could gift something to another farmer?   Obviously not all the time, but say at Christmas or Easter or Halloween, what if you could give three people something in your storage?  such as a decoration or a tropical house, etc.

Damaria3 (US1) said:
    What a great idea gavin I like that idea a lot hope the developers hear too.  I have become verydisillusioned with all that has happened recently and will not be using my hard earned cash to buy gold much in the future. So maybe they have done me a favor after all. 
    I used to play Runescape and they have a gift certificate kind-of-thing that you can buy anytime and give it to another player and they can buy anything they want for the value of the certificate.  And you can buy it with real money (via credit card) or with game money.

• CM Popeye said:

• Prizes include a wide range of decorations! Spin the wheel to earn decos previously available through different events and features, like the Butterfly Feeder & Rope Lights decorations, hard work reward rewards from the temporary farms, or the classic Wellspring of Charity which is no longer obtainable through any other means.Furthermore you get a chance to win a brand new decoration that is exclusive to the Workshop: the Touring Theater! 

Why weren't the three friendship decos available out of all of the ones that were?

Multicolored Teepee; quality 4, :smiley: 45
         Animal Chessboard; quality 5; :smiley: 75
         Symbol of Friendship; quality 6; :smiley:86

Your announcement, quoted in part above, certainly gave the impression that we should scan through our deco tower for decos we've missed. Heck, you're even offering the Wellspring of Charity which not only isn't in the deco tower, it's not even available by any other means

I still have a chance of winning every other tower deco through the game, but these three I'm just never gonna win. (it would seem I'm friendless!) This event was my chance to obtain the unobtainable. I was excited, I was pumped!

First comes the shock of how much I had to empty my farm to earn the necessary candles needed to push through to the 4th, 5th & even 6th quality level (including accidentally selling all my flower seeds - even after reading @Damaria3 (US1) warning above - that list was confusingly ordered). Then comes the crash of disappointing realization - those decos aren't here! <insert ugly thoughts & words here>

Is there something especially sacred about these three that they weren't included in the Workshop event? If there is, can your release announcement explicitly state when they are or are not part of a deco offer?

BTW, a huge THANK YOU to @AlabasterGamer (US1) for your post above - so very detailed & helpful (if only I had seen it before I started!)

• There are a lot of things I liked about the Christmas Presentation this year, and a few things that need to be re-evaluated. The Santa's Workshop was a learning experience. Our coop worked very hard and donated a lot of items and pulled together to give and bring as many people up to 100% as possible and received a level one igloo. I think with the amount of effort many put into this project that is very demoralizing. I didn't get the spin part of this at all as the deco's I saw I already had but the Christmas decoration to the temporary farm were beautiful. So many of our coop were celebrating Christmas with their families and entertaining home coming children, etc. that participation was sporadic as it usually is during this time. I think one needs to look at how much is asked of play during intense personal time and how much results... we were very excited and really loved the work we did until we saw that we got the lowest igloo... not fun for all the effort we put into this event.

So thanks for all the Christmas joy, but it would have been nice if we could have gotten a bit more in return for all the play we did...

• This event was a rip off and a joke. I spent 200 rose seeds and around 3 dozen sunflower seeds on the last week because I thought I was helping upgrade FOUR decos for my group. I'd like my special seeds back or all 4 decos for all the members of my coop please. Thank you.
Sign In to comment.