Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Workshop - Your questions and comments

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 25.12.2015
    How do you buy more stars?  What do they cost?
  • Te Aroha (AU1)Te Aroha (AU1) Posts: 129
    edited 25.12.2015
    Open the event screen, at the bottom of the screen where your stars are, after you run out you can buy them for the cheap price of 980 gold each :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Quick tip check your deco tower to see what you need. Make a list then start the Santa's Work Shop. Be careful of what and how much you donate. The more you donate the better the value of the decos. Yes more than 1. One for each Festive Start you earned from the Advent calendar. :)
    edited 25.12.2015
    I thought I would be able to spin multiple times and remove items with stars.  Not so.  This is most disappointing.  To remove one item and spin again was about 900 gold, to do it again was 1900.  Does anyone know what it costs to remove items 3-6?

I had the same set as above.  Those first three spins landed on the "worst" decorations of the 7.  Is this accidental or does it purposefully leave the winter stone and pearl for the last two spins?  In other words, if you don;t want to use gold, can you ever win those?
  • It's all a con for sure they are trying to get you to spend the maximum gold they can squeeze out of you in the true spirit of giving at Christmas. Before you spin again think about what deco you could buy for gold that would not cost as much as the one you don't want and are going to get anyway......sorry not impressed with any of the Christmas themed events from GGS  What does that stand for again?

Grinch's Gold Squeeze?
    If only the Friendship meadow, or the Viking Ducks, and other awards were up there.
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572

I just realized, I thought I was donating flowers from my inventory but I was wrong. I donated ALL of my event seeds!  I'm not too sharp at 4am.

Can you please change the images from just flowers to seed bags like it is with the other special seeds?

Are you sure there were no seedbags displayed, but just the flowers?

I've informed our bug analysts, in case they find something, that should be fixable for the next run!
    i also lost my all seeds pack ,  i have 84 sunflower seeds and 425 rose reeds all lost
    :(

• edited 25.12.2015

Step by step instructions for Santa's Workshop

1) Choose the item you want to donate to raise the base value of the deco you will be awarded

To do this, click the dropdown arrow next to the farm dollars (under Santa). Scroll through the items available for donation and choose what makes sense for you to donate, paying attention to the value of each item. (*See list below.)

2) Move the slider bar to choose how much you want to donate

Note: There is a limit imposed to prevent accidentally donating too much. However, it can take a long time to raise deco quality this way. To speed things up, you can check the "remove donation limit" box in the lower left corner. Even with that box checked, there is a maximum you are allowed to donate, so you will not lose extra items.

As the slider bar moves, you will see new decos (or sometimes just crates until you actually donate). You will also see the quality of the decos increase and the corresponding gift boxes fill with color in the tower of gifts.  

3) Repeat steps 1 & 2 until you see the deco you would like to be awarded

Note: You can add items over the duration of the event. Your progress will be saved until you spin.

4) Click spin

The cost of your spin is one festive star. You will see the 7 prizes scroll (like a sideways slot machine) and you will win the prize in the center brown frame when the spin stops.

5) Decide if you want to keep the prize you won, or spin again

Click the "I want it!" button if you want to keep the prize you won

- or -

Click "Spin" if you want to pay gold to spin again for one of the other 6 prizes you see on your screen (You will not have to donate items again to raise deco quality, but it will cost gold to remove the prize you won and try again.)

Congratulations! You will win one prize per festive star, and will need to repeat the donation process to raise deco quality each time.

* Candle point value for 1 of each of the following items

375 goldflower seeds

300 sunflower seeds

200 seaweed humus

150 super humus

76    special dandelion seeds

73    special cabbage seeds

63    special barley seeds

60    premium humus

50    seaweed fertilizer

40    super duck feed

37    super fertilizer

33    special corn seeds

30    rose seeds

30    super cow feed

26    special lamb's lettuce seeds

25    premium duck feed

25    super donkey feed

21    premium cow feed

21    special wheat seeds

21    fertilizer

20    karma points

18    premium donkey feed

17    special wildflower seeds

16    donkey feed

15    humus

13    rapaseed seeds

13    seaweed feed

13    super goat feed

11    violet seeds

10    duck feed

10    rice seeds

10    yellow hibiscus seeds

9      premium goat feed

7      greenhouse humus               

7      super liquid fertilizer

6      magic bean seeds

6      super honeydew

6      cow feed

6      super pig feed

5      premium honeydew

4      goat feed

4      honeydew

4      premium pig feed

3      pig feed

3      premium liquid fertilizer

3      super chicken feed

2      goldflowers

2      premium fertilizer

2      sunflowers

2      chicken feed

2      liquid fertilizer

2      premium chicken feed

1      magic beans

1      rapaseed

1      roses

1      violets

1      yellow hibiscus

0.25     decoration parts

0.25     horseshoes

0.125   rice

0.005   runestones

0.005   seashells               

0.005   vouchers

0.0025 competition horseshoes

0.0005 farm dollars

• Congrats @RunsWivScissors (GB1)  :)

I'm curious.  Can you upgrade the Wellspring with the landscaper or is it like the telescope?

Yup yup, tis upgradabubble... Mine is on 110 happiness now
    Scissors can you please tell how much candle points are needed to have wellspring of charity in those 7 decos? Congrats :)
    i want to know if anyone present on quality 7 then after spin ,then level going down or not? or it present on same level that is quality 7 
    how to get quality 7 deco in spin ?
  • i want to know if anyone present on quality 7 then after spin ,then level going down or not? or it present on same level that is quality 7 
    ashim (IN1) After each spin the candle points are reset to 0 with quality 2 decors so if you reach quality 7 and spin then after the spin the candle points are reset to 0.
    Reaching level 7 decors require more than 1 lakh candle points.
    Hope This helps :)
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 25.12.2015
    I am furious about one thing, so far.  The icon/image for Sunflowers and Sunflower Seeds are identical.  I accidentally donated 23 Sunflower seeds.  Obviously there is no need to write to support, because GGS would do nothing about it anyway, correct?

i also lost my all seeds pack ,  i have 84 sunflower seeds and 425 rose reeds all lost

If you look back in this thread, it was reported during the test run that they had put the same images for event seeds & the flowers, instead of the seed packs. As it wasn`t fixed & GGS are aware of the error, you could try contacting support to see if you can get some back. Obviously they might say no, because they were used for the decos, but its worth a try, maybe they are feeling Christmassy. :)

I thought I would be able to spin multiple times and remove items with stars.  Not so.  This is most disappointing.  To remove one item and spin again was about 900 gold, to do it again was 1900.  Does anyone know what it costs to remove items 3-6?

I had the same set as above.  Those first three spins landed on the "worst" decorations of the 7.  Is this accidental or does it purposefully leave the winter stone and pearl for the last two spins?  In other words, if you don;t want to use gold, can you ever win those?
    The price goes up each time you remove one, but it also depends on the level of the deco. I really wanted a Wellspring of Charity & another Rope Lights, the Wellspring needed 2 removals, 190 & 390 I think they were, but the rope lights were stubborn lol I think I removed 5 in the end, but its only a level 2 deco & the price was much cheaper & Omar has had that deco on his offer of the month for 8000 gold (thats his reduced price) & I didn`t spend anywhere close to that for it. Being the only 5x2 deco there is, its one of my faves, so I am happy. :)
    Scissors can you please tell how much candle points are needed to have wellspring of charity in those 7 decos? Congrats :)
    Its level 6, somewhere around 70,000 candles I think it was..... It comes up just before the Diamond league horse decos start to appear.
    i want to know if anyone present on quality 7 then after spin ,then level going down or not? or it present on same level that is quality 7 
    ashim (IN1) After each spin the candle points are reset to 0 with quality 2 decors so if you reach quality 7 and spin then after the spin the candle points are reset to 0.
    Reaching level 7 decors require more than 1 lakh candle points.
    Hope This helps :)
    thnks sam ,but we i ll reach quality 7 deco and then spin then what are the deco come in spin wheel 
    edited 25.12.2015
    samridh2002 (IN1) said:
    In addition to Scissors answer, I happened to take this screenshot earlier in the night (so 70,000 seems about right)

Scissors,
    Do you know what the costs at around this level are to remove and re-spin?

P.S.  To anyone - I find taking a few screenshots at various points where there are desirable decos to be a great tool.
    I am furious about one thing, so far.  The icon/image for Sunflowers and Sunflower Seeds are identical.  I accidentally donated 23 Sunflower seeds.  Obviously there is no need to write to support, because GGS would do nothing about it anyway, correct?

If you look back in this thread, it was reported during the test run that they had put the same images for event seeds & the flowers, instead of the seed packs. As it wasn`t fixed & GGS are aware of the error, you could try contacting support to see if you can get some back. Obviously they might say no, because they were used for the decos, but its worth a try, maybe they are feeling Christmassy. :)

dont know but whenever i tried to write support , there is error coming i think ggs also want that no one can write about this topic
    merry christmas 2 all :)
    edited 25.12.2015
    Has anyone seen any of the various festival boxes in this thing?

Or the kite?

Or the community bonfire?
  • i think it would be better if we can go back the past boxes rather than stick to the current box
  • gavinfarms (US1) said:
    Scissors,
    Do you know what the costs at around this level are to remove and re-spin?
    I only did 2 and I`m pretty sure they were something like 190 & 390 with the next one being offered at 690..... It was silly-o-clock on Christmas morning, so my brain wasn`t fully engaged lol
    ashim (IN1) said:
    dont know but whenever i tried to write support , there is error coming i think ggs also want that no one can write about this topic
    merry christmas 2 all :)
    If you get the error message from support, wait to see if you receive the auto-response email, because sometimes the error message is an error & your ticket did actually get through ok.
  • Heather966 (GB1)Heather966 (GB1) Posts: 4
    edited 26.12.2015
    I just used all I had to donate to Santa's workshop to get decent decoration and when I had chosen one it reset back down to first level. Is this the way it works? If I had realised I would have waited till I had enough to get to the top decoration level. After all the hard work this is very disappointing. It is a load of [Removed]!!!!! and then cost of gold to respin if you want a different decoration. Come on developers its supposed to be Christmas or are you all a bunch of Scrooges screwing us for as much money as you can get. I for one am seriously considering quitting the game in the New Year. It is costing me far too much to keep up and is no longer fun.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • edited 25.12.2015

It depends entirely on the luck factor. During the test day/hour i got the winter stone on the first spin. Today i got the theatre, again on the first spin. But i think i won't have enough resources to reach level 7 again, so the next starts are useless to me.
    Post edited by Winnie the Pooh (BG1) on
  • Well, I'm kinda disappointed. I donated 150.000 dollars to get the next level deco. I got 1 deco which had less value than all the other deco's in the line!!!! It was worth 18 happiness, while the others were worth more, sometimes even almost double that!!!!

Why would I even donate if I'm getting deco's which are worth less than what I can BUY at an event for a lot less $'s?????

GGS, this is disappointing!
  • Well, I can donate chickenfeed, so I guess I'll be making a LOT of it :) I think that's better than donating $'s or flower seeds.....

So far, my new deco's in the list:
    • Some fountain (18 hapiness, lvl 2, if I'm correct)
    • Dead Tree (27 happiness, lvl 2) (got this already)
    • Farmluck ( or something, from the Hard workers event (Already got about 4 or more of these, lvl 2, 45 happiness)
    • Big Palm tree (63 happiness, lvl 2)
    • Pine tree little forest (63 hapiness, lvl 2)
    • Chewingball machine (5 hapiness, lvl2)
    • Mystical stone dragon (32, lvl 3)
    • Duck pond (22, lvl 3) (already got this)
    I've got a few higher level deco's with more happiness, so I'm hoping to get at least one extra during this event.

So, just to be sure, once I've filled up that stack of presents and I spin and decide to keep the deco, do the presents empty again and do I need to donate again bucket loads of items/dollars to fill up all 7 presents?

• Yes, you do have to donate again
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I missed a star because of internet problems,also test day. Today had 5 turns with stars won,prizes went to Greta, but I cannot donate goods or money to go again,that part greyed out,slider not working. I can only buy another star for 980 gold . Prize not worth it
    guys any body have price list of upgrading please give me a link
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Well, here we go. "Veni, vidi, vici" :)

I looked at the amounts needed to move up, and was not impressed. Would easily clear out everything in my barn with a few spins with a chance of getting nowhere anyway.  The amounts required are set as if we had unlimited barn space, which is not the case.
    Seeing the "unlocked" decos were just boxes on preview, so giving us no idea what we were spending our resources on, I was impressed even less.
    Looking at the two points above, I decided to just skip it. A few spins, a few rubbish decos, Worshop is over. OK, got a few cheap decos for free.  Decos which I could easily get for a few bucks anyway. Was it fun? NO! :)

The whole of Santa, including Workshop, seems to be targeting mostly "top 100" players and heavy gold spenders. It could have been fun even for very casual players, but not with this balancers work. :)

Nevertheless, I feel a winner already. Glad I was smart enough to give up on the whole Santa grab right at the start after the first assesment. :wink:  With my level 103 farm and a casual play style I don't think there was anything for me in this 6 weeks long cruise. 

Btw being on that level, having bought all land on all permanent farms, with reasoneable farms developement and having 100 mil dollars on my account I finally feel like I could start playing event farms. And maybe, just maybe, another 100 levels later with farms developed even further, having played event farms multiple times, having a couple of level 100 horses, I'll consider event's like Santa to be of interest for me. (And we probably lost another promissing L30 player due to event farm trap! But that's another topic.)

To summarise: If there was no Santa this year, it would have made no real difference for me other then that I would have saved a couple of hours of my time spent on reading forums and assesing the odds. :)

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Woohoo Santa brung me a Wellspring of Charity!
    Happy dances round the Well with the lil gold peeps

Was anyone else not able to donate rice?.... It was on my list, but wouldn`t select for some reason.
    Congratulations Scissors!! Way to go!  

Loved the Santa's List Challenge and love this Workshop Challenge, too. Warned my coop members  once again this morning for the different difficulties in the event, some of them are having a party doing the workshop now, others save their stars and goods for the days after Christmas.

IMO it is nice there is something in it for everybody, whether low level or high level player. We all can get decos suitable to our level - and if you, for whatever reason don't want to spend any goods/dollars then just spin your free stars for decos to demolish at Gretta's (to improve the existing decos on your farms).

BTW: we could donate rice, no problem.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Woohoo Santa brung me a Wellspring of Charity!
    Happy dances round the Well with the lil gold peeps

Was anyone else not able to donate rice?.... It was on my list, but wouldn`t select for some reason.

Awesome!! You must have been good this year. Congrats!!! :)

I don't know about the rice, I gave all mine away the last time Santa was here. :( Oh well, now I have a reason to play the events again, so I can restock my seeds. :)

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. :( I know how you feel though.

• Tator Tot (US1)Tator Tot (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    I can't believe we have to pay for useless decos that we already have or can get cheaper when the event is running.  I expected something fun and exciting for a Christmas event.  This is beyond disappointing!
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 25.12.2015
    It's all a con for sure they are trying to get you to spend the maximum gold they can squeeze out of you in the true spirit of giving at Christmas. Before you spin again think about what deco you could buy for gold that would not cost as much as the one you don't want and are going to get anyway......sorry not impressed with any of the Christmas themed events from GGS  What does that stand for again?

Grinch's Gold Squeeze?
    I agree completely. Not impressed with any part of the Christmas events GGS designed. Far too complicated and costly for the casual players in my coop. Our coop still will only receive the level 1 Snowy igloo as there were too many unfinished orders every week (regardless of my frequent messages not to start if they can't finish). A few of us who finished our orders spent tens of millions of farm dollars to try to help the team on last chance Sundays, but we never even came close. Not that it really matters anyway, as the size of the deco makes placement a huge chore. The deco will likely end up being used for deco parts. So for 4 weeks we were working on a deco none of us will use, spending ludicrous amounts of farm dollars and donating barns full of needed supplies. Then this past week we started collecting snowflakes that mean absolutely nothing for our coop. Now with the workshop, GGS wants us to give more dollars/supplies/GOLD  for the chance of spinning to win a decent decoration. Wow. 
    I too have been seriously considering whether to continue playing this game. Something needs to change, as I have less and less enthusiasm every day. What was once a fun farm game has turned into a chore, with the endless competitions and gold grabs, and everything being geared towards the top coops and heavy gold spenders. I will give it some thought over the next few weeks.
Sign In to comment.