Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Workshop - Your questions and comments

Comments

• did you click on the list icon at the top of the display, rather than a numbered one?
  • By now everyone should have received 1 free Festive Star for testing purposes. If you cannot find it yet, please reload the game and you will get a confirmation window.

Am I correct in thinking that we should have 3 Festive stars right now with this free star? 2 From the calendar en 1 for the testing?

Thanks!
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

I just realized, I thought I was donating flowers from my inventory but I was wrong. I donated ALL of my event seeds!  I'm not too sharp at 4am.

Can you please change the images from just flowers to seed bags like it is with the other special seeds?

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The workshop was terrible.  There was no deco on there that I would ever use.  There was not even one that appeared to be a "grand prize."   I could not figure out why a smart farmer would spend a single dollar or single coin on it.  It is good that it was just a test, because unless you plan to improve it in a major, major way, it is worth no further effort.  I was really stunned by how utterly useless it was.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    By now everyone should have received 1 free Festive Star for testing purposes. If you cannot find it yet, please reload the game and you will get a confirmation window.

Am I correct in thinking that we should have 3 Festive stars right now with this free star? 2 From the calendar en 1 for the testing?

Thanks!
    If you were online before or during the test, you could have 4 Festive Stars in total - 3 from the calendar (including today) and 1 from the test.

I just realized, I thought I was donating flowers from my inventory but I was wrong. I donated ALL of my event seeds!  I'm not too sharp at 4am.

Can you please change the images from just flowers to seed bags like it is with the other special seeds?

Are you sure there were no seedbags displayed, but just the flowers?

I've informed our bug analysts, in case they find something, that should be fixable for the next run!
    CM Nafaru said:

Are you sure there were no seedbags displayed, but just the flowers?

I've informed our bug analysts, in case they find something, that should be fixable for the next run!
    I wouldn't say I'm 100% sure since it was so early but I'm pretty sure. I remember seeing the green seed bags so I stayed away from them. As for the others (blue bags) I didn't see the bags, only the flowers. Roses showed up a couple of times, they looked the same and I thought it was odd that they were separate but I didn't know how many (if any) I had in storage. My internet runs pretty slow at times so that could be the problem.
  • Does anyone know whether the friends decos and hardworker event ranking decos were there in the Santa's Workshop?
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    Does anyone know whether the friends decos and hardworker event ranking decos were there in the Santa's Workshop?
    No.
    Also there weren't rewards for 5 and 6 levels of weekly events, 90 happiness rewards from islands.

Total of 137 decors.
  • I really feel this is geared for wealthy people. Those of us on a limited income don't stand a chance at getting anything really nice. We get junk that has a low happiness value. I love playing the game. I just feel like getting the really nice decos I don't get to have because I can't spend the gold required to get them. Does that make me worth less? Sure feels like it. Life has already dealt me a bad hand by being totally disabled and in constant pain. Why don't you think of us for a change instead of just getting all the gold you can?
    I'm in the same situation as Bonz1 is and it would be so nice if GGS would consider us too. And it would be really nice if they would do something extra nice for all the players!  After all it is Christmas!  I feel that I make an awesome contribution to the game that is useful as a Co-op Leader and Trainer and I am also active on both the EN and US forums.  Everyone does awesome things for this game!!!  IMO We're a TEAM of players after all!  So come on GGS, have a heart for us folks that are not wealthy in money that is and cannot afford to buy a lot of gold.  Let everyone have some of the nicer things once in awhile.

I was so very excited about the movie ads with the 4 choices of prizes and 20/day.  ALL of the prizes there were GREAT!  Yes, gold was one of them, but the other things were often worth as much as or more than the gold too! It was so exciting to be able to have just a little more gold to be able to do at least a little of some of the gold only things in the game.  People would still buy gold that wanted to too and others having tried a little might start thinking about how to buy just a little more, like I was too.  Just for fun, having fun doing naughty and nice--hey where's the naughty and nice for Chirstmas?

GGS if you would only make a way to keep our gold safe too!  I clicked on Omar's gift right at the end and it changed in the middle of my click and I bought Island dollars!!! Do you know how long and how hard I had worked to save that up!!! I had other plans for it!!  Now, I have to start all over!! Phooey!!

We have asked and asked and asked for a way to keep our Gold safe from things such as this!!!  It's not my fault that it changed in the middle of my click!!!  And of course Support will be no help, if they even ever get to my request!!!  They will just say, I did something wrong and I have to live with it, no refunds!

I've suggested if nothing else, let us keep our gold safe in Bank Vault.  Then we can transfer only what we want to spend to our gold at the top of the screen where it is now. The gold where it is now would be readily available to spend and the gold in the vault would be safe and we could add it to the game a little at a time!  Kind of like the Island money works. I know it is possible to make something to safeguard our gold and that many, many more player would buy it if it was safe and they could use it for what they intended it to be used for!  Players have asked and asked for this and stated that many, many times on the forums!!! Why don't you do something about this GGS?

And do you have to be so gold hungry at Christmas time?  Everything is set up to cost more and more gold which a lot of us cannot do.  Why couldn't you just ease up a little and give a little for your customers!

I only saw a little bit of the Santa's Workshop last night because I was busy helping another player.  What I did see looks like it would cost a fortune to even try to get the decos I would like! It's nice to be able to get some that I didn't have before, but I shouldn't have to bankrupt my farm to do it!  Santa's list already is taking a big loss of income on my farm as well as the Island, which I cannot do as much on this time, because I am doing Santa's list too and my farm income is way down, so i can't keep up!  You have some nice holiday events, but they needs some more tweeking to make them a little easier on our farms.  I'm really wondering what you will do with week 5 for Santa's List!  It is Christmas week you know and lots of us will be busy with Christmas!
    Come on GGS, put some Merry in Merry Christmas and Happy in Happy Holidays for your players!

• CM Popeye said:
    Hey guys, The Santa's workshop event was just a test, and everyone received one star for free to try it out. Of course the stars will be available to purchase, but keep in mind you can also get 6 of them from Rudolph's advent calendar. I am sorry that the times were not the most convenient for those of you in the US, but this was only a test run to make sure they event performed correctly.

@Craftycritters (US1)
    I would expect that it will start on Dec. 24th at 9PM PST, Dec. 25 at 12AM PST and run for 24 hours.

This is correct afaik.

-Popeye

About Santa's Workshop for Christmas!

Thanks @CM Popeye 

On the EN forum CM Nafaru also said about Santa's Workshop:

Well, log in somewhen between the 25th and the end of the year then. The workshop will be staying for a couple of days - we know most countries only really start their Christmas celebrations on the 25th and that's totally fine. We won't force you to start the event on the 25th. :)

The regular workshop event will run longer than just a couple of hours or one day. There should be plenty time to check it out after Christmas. ;)

As always, starting times of most events cannot be disclosed, shouldn't be too much of an issue, though. As said, the event will be around for a couple days after December 25th. 

By now everyone should have received 1 free Festive Star for testing purposes. If you cannot find it yet, please reload the game and you will get a confirmation window. 

If you were online before or during the test, you could have 4 Festive Stars in total - 3 from the calendar (including today) and 1 from the test. 

And about Why Bother with Santa's Workshop, CM Nafaru said:

Well that depends on your personal preference of course. No one is forcing you to take part in the event. And even if you chose to make no donation at all, you could still win up to 7 decos for free that can be crushed by Greta if need be. 

Some users have asked for a use for their golden horseshoes. They can be used for donations and turned into decorations. 
    Others have asked for a chance to obtain rare decorations that have not been available for the longest time. They also get a chance to win these. 
    And there are also some users that do not want to spend any gold but will still be able to exchange some of their unwanted goods or earned dollars for a chance to win premium decorations. 

I'm sure there is an even bigger varierty of reasons why you could bother. If they're not for you, that's also fine. The event is not mandatory. smile 
    --------------------------------------------

*** I second what Nafaru has said too, and do it for Fun, Fun. Fun!!!!  Whatever I can get out of it I am going to stay in the Christmas-Holiday mood and have Fun, Fun, Fun!

• On the US Forum regarding the time that Santa's Workshop will start, 

CM Popeye replied to me as follows:

@Craftycritters (US1) 
    I would expect that it will start on Dec. 24th at 9PM PST, Dec. 25 at 12AM PST and run for 24 hours.

This is correct afaik. 

-Popeye 

***And remember CM Nafaru said it will go beyond Christmas day too.  I wish we knew how long after. 

If Santa's workshop is going to work as Nafaru stated above, then great.  But that was not what I saw last night.  What I saw last night would only have been rewarding to a handful of elite players with deep pockets.  I have the bad, sinking feeling that what Nafaru said was true only in a technical sense and not in a practical sense, in which case it will be an overwhelming disappointment.

Perhaps they will re-balance it (and I mean by a lot).  The basic structure of it does have potential.
  • Missed it.
    Sounds like a good way to get rid of all the unwanted non-sellable items in return for a random low level deco.
    If everyones drunk at christmas, that 600 million you earned is just going to get wasted buying wild flowers to donate for a spin on the wheel, logging on new years day with a hangover, wondering where all your cash went, and why you demolished everything to show off all those decos, is going to be so much fun.......
    I jest :)
    Will check out santas workhouse on the 26th then.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049

It wasn't 4am, but I did the same mistake. :(
  • I just realized, I thought I was donating flowers from my inventory but I was wrong. I donated ALL of my event seeds!  I'm not too sharp at 4am.

I noticed the same thing, I am pretty sure that it just showed flower pics for both, no blue seed packs, because I thought they had accidentally put them twice until I saw the hover text. Luckily I was just in curious mode & not donating mode, or I would have done the same thing as u2...
    then I woulda cried.
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542

On the US Forum regarding the time that Santa's Workshop will start, 

CM Popeye replied to me as follows:

@Craftycritters (US1) 

This is correct afaik. 

-Popeye 

***And remember CM Nafaru said it will go beyond Christmas day too.  I wish we knew how long after. 

While these dates are not exactly correct (It'll start on Dec 25, 12:01am CET and will end by the end of the year), it is true that it will go beyond christmas ;)
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey farmers, Just wanted to correct what I said previously. I stated the event would only run for 24 hours, which is not true at all. I can not give you an exact time line, but I can assure you that it will run linger than one day. You will have plenty of time to donate in order to level up the decoration possibilities=)

-Popeye

I noticed the same thing, I am pretty sure that it just showed flower pics for both, no blue seed packs, because I thought they had accidentally put them twice until I saw the hover text. Luckily I was just in curious mode & not donating mode, or I would have done the same thing as u2...
    then I woulda cried.

Thanks aaabbb1 and Scissors for posting about it. I was starting to question my own sanity! :D

I should've been more careful. I've been here long enough to know better LOL. Hopefully they can get it fixed before the workshop returns on the 25th. :)

• Rhomboid (GB1)Rhomboid (GB1) Posts: 28
    edited 15.12.2015
    Nice way to get rid of all the stuff you may require to help you complete the Santa's list, another way to get us to use gold. The Workshop did not look great, same old deco's but the end result is what GGS want to give to you. I can imagine a lot of player using gold to "re-spin" to try and win the decoration that they are missing. I am surprised that GGS have not started awarding us new deco's for completing so many deco tower floors, thereby enticing us to try for the missing deco's, using gold of course

A santa workshop AFTER   Christmas, only in GGS land can that happen.

Sorry not up on merging posts, im just trying to play a simple game
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Hey can anyone please tell me how much candle points would be required to reach deco quality level 7 and whats the final limit of candle points?Which 7 decos would be there when we reach the limit?
  • Hey can anyone please tell me how much candle points would be required to reach deco quality level 7 and whats the final limit of candle points?Which 7 decos would be there when we reach the limit?
    @samridh2002 (IN1)  The max is over 100K but I didn`t find the limit. That new Theater deco, that you asked about before, is probably the top prize, as it was made for this event. :)
  • I donated my all things, the limit was nearly 50,000 but only got a lemur statue. I thought once I donated all the things the spin will remain in same deco quality level which was 6 but I was wrong as I spined the wheel, I got lemur statue but the quality again got down to 2 for next spin.
    According to  WinnerSudais (INT1),the limit of candle points is 50k so Scissors can you please check once is the Limit over 100k or is it 50k?
    I think the Touring Theater is the top or the final deco as it is quality 7 and an exclusive deco to this event so maybe when this deco is in the 7 decos for spinning the limit would be reached. 
    Thanx for helping :)
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    samridh2002 (IN1) написал:
    I donated my all things, the limit was nearly 50,000 but only got a lemur statue. I thought once I donated all the things the spin will remain in same deco quality level which was 6 but I was wrong as I spined the wheel, I got lemur statue but the quality again got down to 2 for next spin.
    According to  WinnerSudais (INT1),the limit of candle points is 50k so Scissors can you please check once is the Limit over 100k or is it 50k?
    I think the Touring Theater is the top or the final deco as it is quality 7 and an exclusive deco to this event so maybe when this deco is in the 7 decos for spinning the limit would be reached. 
    The limit is 126.000+a bit, and the button will turn grey. And there are 3 more decos after the exclusive Theater.

• Thanx Volty :)
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    jess_d (US1) said:

I wouldn't say I'm 100% sure since it was so early but I'm pretty sure. I remember seeing the green seed bags so I stayed away from them. As for the others (blue bags) I didn't see the bags, only the flowers. Roses showed up a couple of times, they looked the same and I thought it was odd that they were separate but I didn't know how many (if any) I had in storage. My internet runs pretty slow at times so that could be the problem.
    Yeah, I got it confirmed that there were no seedbags displayed.

The team has been informed, but I'm not entirely sure if the bags will be displayed during the next run of the event. Please pay close attention to the tooltips before donating either event flowers or seeds, just to make sure. :)
  • WinnerSudais (INT1)WinnerSudais (INT1) Posts: 364
    edited 16.12.2015
    I donated my all things, the limit was nearly 50,000 but only got a lemur statue. I thought once I donated all the things the spin will remain in same deco quality level which was 6 but I was wrong as I spined the wheel, I got lemur statue but the quality again got down to 2 for next spin.
    :s Again mistaked. I mean to say was this that my candle points were near 50,000. Sorry for inconvenience. (You all will be compensated lol) 

• P.S. not logging in on 25th, got better things to do.
    I am not going to log on on the 25th either, I want to spend that time with my family. Does this mean I will miss Santa's Workshop?
    edited 17.12.2015
    Why are all of my comments missing?  I can't see them.  I had several in here.  I find this troubling.
  • @ Whiterabbit442 (GB1)  It will last past the 25th, a few days at least.
  • Why are all of my comments missing?  I can't see them.  I had several in here.  I find this troubling.
    @gavinfarms (US1)  If you go to your profile & click one "Comments" on the right hand side, you can see there appears to be 2 threads with similar titles & you have more posts on the other one.
Sign In to comment.