Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - December 8th - Public Service Announcement on exclamation marks! ^_~ - Your questions

Comments

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Why do I have to keep clearing the exclamation marks several times a day?  I thought the update was to remove them once you had clicked on them which I did this morning.  Nothing has changed for any of the items in the carpark for the mark to come back.

This is very annoying.  It was great that they disappeared this morning but they are back.  Will we have to keep clearing them?  If so, then what was the point in the 'fix' in the update?
    The only real advantage I spotted so far in this "fix" is that finished event (like "bee" or "deco event" loose their exclamation mark "for good". Otherwise it is as "usefull" as stated here.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey guys, the workbook and timer issues should now be fixed. I don't think there will be any compensations for the runestone issue, but we are working on that as we speak.

-Popeye
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    edited 09.12.2015
    Hey farmers, Just a quick update. There will be compensation coming for the runestone issue after all. Happy days! =)

-Popeye
    Post edited by CM Popeye on
    Now this sounds like BF team is learning some vital lessons about game provider x gamer relationship. Wonder if they hired a new project manager or the current one is comming to their senses. :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 09.12.2015
      I would like to suggest that the exclamation bubbles only show up in the first few levels of the game as a tutorial for new players. Then after the new players are used to the events appearing, they stop getting them.  To an experienced player, these bouncing purple monsters serve no purpose and are only a nuisance and an eyesore. This latest fix is of no use to players like myself who have to reload the page often. :)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Fully agree John! Good suggestion! :+1: 
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 10.12.2015
    Yes, not having to reload very often myself,   I was very pleased with it until this issue raised its ugly purple bouncing head.

I now agree wholeheartedly.

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    It might not be perfect but it is a step in the right direction. (and GGS have spent time doing something just to try and please us rather than it being the usual grab for cash)
  • How about more upgrades for the houses...here's a couple of ideas, buy a new style, ie Log Cabin, Modern, Victorian & it will go from a huge 7 to a small 8...that can be upgraded (enlarged) to a 9, & then a 10...surely the Architect can do such things....& think of the money you will make as we improve without needing extra space, just more money.
  • CM Popeye said:
    Hey guys, the workbook and timer issues should now be fixed. I don't think there will be any compensations for the runestone issue, but we are working on that as we speak.

-Popeye
    By "workbook" you mean library books aka farm boosters?

No, they are not fixed.
  • The exclamation mark update is wonderful!
  • I agree with @Uncle John (GB1) - There was a bug not long ago where the bubbles disappeared when clicked, but came back everytime you changed farm & we all loved that and wanted it left "unfixed" now they do a fix where they only come back when you reload the game & its called things like "useless". Ok so its not perfect, but give them some credit, like John said, its a step in the right direction & like most changes, hopefully with "constructive" feedback, it can be tweaked. :)

Personally I am LOVING it! .... Makes the whole farm feel more open right back to the horizon, without a bouncing wall in the middle.
    edited 10.12.2015
    I agree with @Uncle John (GB1) - There was a bug not long ago where the bubbles disappeared when clicked, but came back everytime you changed farm & we all loved that and wanted it left "unfixed" now they do a fix where they only come back when you reload the game & its called things like "useless". Ok so its not perfect, but give them some credit, like John said, its a step in the right direction & like most changes, hopefully with "constructive" feedback, it can be tweaked. :)

Personally I am LOVING it! .... Makes the whole farm feel more open right back to the horizon, without a bouncing wall in the middle.
    Brush up your memory. :) What we actually liked was, that ex marks disappeared when you just past over them with mouse. No clicking, no openning needed. :) (Unless we are talking about two different bugs.) Not sure who liked them comming back with every farm change though - nobody if my memory serves me right. :) And if you read some explanatory comments why it is "called" useless and think about it, you might agree that for those that it concerns it's not just called that, but it is pretty much what it is :)

EDIT: Just general feel, not targeting anybody specifically:  Some people tend to view BF team as a little baby. Excited about their every first shaky step. It's not a baby, it's a business, very hardcore business going after substantial money, using practices often on the edge of good moral bounderies, and those running it are supposed to be professionals, not just trying and trying and failing and failing and occasionally, once in a blue moon, they get things not even right, just "in the right direction". Although I myself like being positive, I find this approach amusing and a bit out of reality. :)
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • EDIT: Just general feel, not targeting anybody specifically:  Some people tend to view BF team as a little baby. Excited about their every first shaky step. It's not a baby, it's a business, very hardcore business going after substantial money, using practices often on the edge of good moral bounderies, and those running it are supposed to be professionals, not just trying and trying and failing and failing and occasionally, once in a blue moon, they get things not even right, just "in the right direction". Although I myself like being positive, I find this approach amusing and a bit out of reality. :)
    As one of those that you are clearly "not targeting specifically" I assure you that I am not as naive as you seem to think. I just play this game for fun & if something improves that experience, even a little bit, I am happy & I don`t mind saying so. Could I be happier? Of course, couldn`t we all about everything in life? I just don`t choose to find every little negative thing & make a huge fuss over it, like it has ruined my life or buy into the conspiracy theories that GGS is really some corporate Neo Cortex out to destroy our game in the pursuit of world domination or pick apart every comment in a post for failing to be exactly 100% historically correct. But thats ok, some people might find that fun, so whatever blows their dress up is fine with me. And for the record, there are some things that I do rant about too, just that its usually to support.

We do agree that your last line is amusing, especially the part where you call yourself positive. (This is where you now rip that comment apart & tell me how thats not what you meant) hehe
    As one of those that you are clearly "not targeting specifically" I assure you that I am not as naive as you seem to think. I just play this game for fun & if something improves that experience, even a little bit, I am happy & I don`t mind saying so. Could I be happier? Of course, couldn`t we all about everything in life? I just don`t choose to find every little negative thing & make a huge fuss over it, like it has ruined my life or buy into the conspiracy theories that GGS is really some corporate Neo Cortex out to destroy our game in the pursuit of world domination or pick apart every comment in a post for failing to be exactly 100% historically correct. But thats ok, some people might find that fun, so whatever blows their dress up is fine with me. And for the record, there are some things that I do rant about too, just that its usually to support.

We do agree that your last line is amusing, especially the part where you call yourself positive. (This is where you now rip that comment apart & tell me how thats not what you meant) hehe
    :smiley: See? A very nice response. :) That's one of the reasons I sometimes point out explicitly when I make a general comment. I did target you specifically with the first paragraph though, to which you (nearly) didn't respond. :) But you are free to identify yourself in my general comment also, if you wish to do so. :) Anyway, glad we are both having fun. :wink: 
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    ...... woe betide you if you don't speak Kamilcom's language! There is only 1 way, Kamilcom's way. Woe betide you if you dare think differently!! Woe betide you if you   m  a y b e   had a different education and are not afraid to see the flip side of a coin, to appreciate something for what it is, to praise or say thank you once in a while..... 
    Woe betide you if you dare to enjoy this game without slandering the developers constantly, accusing GGS of whatever constantly or otherwise be plaintive constantly ...

..... we make bets on how long it takes Kamilcom to come up with a slandering/negative post again and how many 'misleading smileys' will be put in this time. And the way you call yourself positive, made us nicker! You're funny Kamilkom, thx for the entertainment ...

And if always being negative and slandering others fills your life and makes you happy, well .... go ahead and enjoy! 

I applaud your reaction Scissors! Way to go! 
  • Mira (US1)Mira (US1) Posts: 103
    it's a business, very hardcore business going after substantial money, using practices often on the edge of good moral bounderies, and those running it are supposed to be professionals, not just trying and trying and failing and failing and occasionally, once in a blue moon, they get things not even right, just "in the right direction". Although I myself like being positive, I find this approach amusing and a bit out of reality. :) 
    Totally true.  I myself have (not unreasonable) standards that I expect the games and companies I support to uphold.  There are plenty of entertainment options out there that actually consider the customer experience in development (fun, not tedium) and make ethical decisions that don't violate customers' trust (see festive farm books, bait and switch).  When the company fails to deliver, I no longer pay money to support it.  Very simple decision for me.
  • Mira (US1)Mira (US1) Posts: 103
    Anyway, I've come to realize that this game is mostly all style and no substance.  Most events are recolored versions of previous events, pushed out at a rate designed to be a chore so they try to get the addicts to spend more gold to complete them because the timeframes are not reasonable.

There are so many outstanding bugs that are unresolved weeks or months later (lag, missing gold, unanswered support tickets after 8 weeks) and they choose to "fix" the exclamation points.  Seriously, I question the priorities of the development team.  The basic gameplay components are also severely lacking and one-dimensional.  This game could be a LOT more fun, as many other farm games I've played are, yet somehow it isn't.
  • CM Popeye said:
    Hey farmers, Just a quick update. There will be compensation coming for the runestone issue after all. Happy days! =)

-Popeye
    Thank you.
    ...... woe betide you if you don't speak Kamilcom's language! There is only 1 way, Kamilcom's way. Woe betide you if you dare think differently!! Woe betide you if you   m  a y b e   had a different education and are not afraid to see the flip side of a coin, to appreciate something for what it is, to praise or say thank you once in a while..... 
    Woe betide you if you dare to enjoy this game without slandering the developers constantly, accusing GGS of whatever constantly or otherwise be plaintive constantly ...

..... we make bets on how long it takes Kamilcom to come up with a slandering/negative post again and how many 'misleading smileys' will be put in this time. And the way you call yourself positive, made us nicker! You're funny Kamilkom, thx for the entertainment ...

And if always being negative and slandering others fills your life and makes you happy, well .... go ahead and enjoy! 

I applaud your reaction Scissors! Way to go! 
    :) Wow! You're the best in passion >:) overdose. :) And you even become my follower? Stalking my posts? :blush: 

Your essay is near perfect in style and very revelatory, just wondering, shouldn't those three "woes" be followed by three beatitudes to keep the balance? :)

B):wink: o:):wink:  B)
  • when I want to log in from the Big Farm start  page, it directs me to blank page. no place for email or password.

Any Ideas?  Thanks

edited 11.12.2015
    The only real advantage I spotted so far in this "fix" is that finished event (like "bee" or "deco event" loose their exclamation mark "for good". Otherwise it is as "usefull" as stated here.
    As I found out I was actually too optimistic. The ex. mark on "bee" event disappeared when the event was finished and I assumed it will be the case for all finished events as it seemed to be a logical functionality not to flag finished events, but it doesn't work like that for Hawaii. Built deco, unlocked it in tower, reloaded a couple of times to make sure...........

The bottom line issue, appart from hindering the view, is near zero informative value of these ex. marks. If all the events are flagged all the time (even the finished ones), the only information that missing flag carries is, that a player visited that event within the current session. And if something has a zero info value for a player, it will get ignored. Not sure what the developers purposed for them, but it can be sorted out in a number of better ways to give ex. marks some usefullness and functionality and limit their negative effect.

Who benefits from the latest update then? That's pretty much only/mostly those devoted players who stay logged in throughout the whole day, who are lucky with the game remaining stable for them all day without reloading, and who bother enough to visit their events each start of their gaming day to clear the view of the countryside. I suppose this will be tiny minority. :) And I think it's fair assesment to maintain, that the value of this update is very marginal, leaving majority of users out. : B)

PS: I look out of my window when I want to see nice countryside on the horizont. :) It has a very high happiness value per square. :wink::wink:

Ups! I nearly forgot! :) Something special for my dear stalker and follower ........ <3:D<3
  • WinnerSudais (INT1)WinnerSudais (INT1) Posts: 364
    edited 12.12.2015
    Calm down you all. This is just a game, not a personal fight. 
    Post edited by WinnerSudais (INT1) on
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 11.12.2015
    Hey everyone,

it would be great if you could put general discussion about the game & personal quarrels aside and get back to the main topic of this discussion, meaning the content of this update.

Feel free to like or criticize the changes to exclamation marks and don't forget to come up with ideas for improvement if you choose the latter. ;)

As for other debates, non-personal if possible, feel free to open a dedicated thread on the General Discussion section.

I'll be taking some of your feedback with me for our next feedback session, starting in a couple of minutes. Keep it coming anyway, there is always room for improvement... or more praise. :sunglasses:

Stay nice and civil folks!

Steffi
    Post edited by CM Nafaru on
  • Having the game remember that the exclamation points have been removed would be complicated.  The client would have to tell the server about the removal, then the server would have to put that info in the save file, and after a reload the server would have to send this info back to the client.

However, it would be very simple to have a mouse-over remove the exclamation points, rather than having to open and close each thing in the parking lot. So if we ask for this we might get it.

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

when I want to log in from the Big Farm start  page, it directs me to blank page. no place for email or password.

Any Ideas?  Thanks

Check goodgamestudios.com at the bottom of the page for server selection. Select your server and you should be able to log in :)
  • I agree, mouse over to get the x marks to go off like the bug that shouldn't have been fixed :)
    I agree, mouse over to get the x marks to go off like the bug that shouldn't have been fixed :)
    And let it stay like that at least for the whole day. Meaning use game day start as a trigger ....... not farm reload or game reload. :)

Still, there might be even better solutions than that ....... :)
  • What about the combo breaker badge bug?
  • I think the exclamation point update is a move in the right direction and I'm glad the issue is being discussed.  It still needs some tweaking.  The game kicks me multiple times a day so I've given up clearing them unless they are in the way of donating to the Santa event.

I personally would like only a one time notification on the appearance or change in status of items.  I think people are able to remember that things like the Santa event and Coop challenge are in progress without regular reminders.  And we really don't need a constant reminder that the Runestone trader is here.

I'd also find a once a day renewal of cleared exclamation marks a workable improvement.
Sign In to comment.