Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update Dec 1st - Happy New Year - Discussion

13»

Comments

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    I pretty much agree with factual side of what you say (not with emotional side) . There's two points to add:

First: It's all fine for low levels (provided they are smart players themselves) untill co-op activities (and unreasonable and insensitive co-op leaders) come to mess up their gaming.
    Second: The game is not all about high level players either. :)

No one is forced to join a co-op.  Joining a well run, higher level co-op is often quite helpful to a lower level farmer since they would make more money selling crops/goods than they would on their own.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    @Kamilcom (GB1) Emotional? I didn`t even use any emotes.... OMG I didn`t use ANY emotes!!

"To be tired of......" is expression of what?  ............. Rational calculation?
    Most additions to the game are for ........... very high level players.
    Most hapy players are from among .......... very high level players

Do the math for yourself. That's Sarah's valid point. Otherwise in nutshell agreed as I've said already.

No one is forced to join a co-op.  Joining a well run, higher level co-op is often quite helpful to a lower level farmer since they would make more money selling crops/goods than they would on their own.
    Of course not. Only at level 6 or 7 they get task to join. Do you think they know what it is about?
    To the second idea: Sometimes it is helpfull, especially if there's no research to be done (no donations required) and a laid back co-op leader. Which is not often the case. Otherwise in developping co-op they probably more often then not end up paying more on donations and researches then they in real time get from the co-op boosts. And added pressure from mentioned type of leaders in case the are not lucky. :)
    I think this is all well known situation which doesn't need to be proven at length.

Afterall, the high level players didn`t start up there, they had to work their way up too.
    Also true. And those who are very high level now started with a much much simpler game without all this often confusing variety. (Not complaining myself in the least, I'm happy about the variety......) You might have a different view if you were starting now with no experience in the game features, which btw often change without notice, to make confusion for some even worse. Another reason to be more symphatetic to those who are currently low level.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey farmers, As many of you are aware, the Rudolph advent calendar started off on day 2, which was of course incorrect. If you clicked on it before it was reset, you got to keep the reward for day 2. It is now on the right track, and you will find wonderful rewards for finding that incredibly well hidden reindeer everyday;)

-Popeye

• Afterall, the high level players didn`t start up there, they had to work their way up too.
    Also true. And those who are very high level now started with a much much simpler game without all this often confusing variety. (Not complaining myself in the least, I'm happy about the variety......) You might have a different view if you were starting now with no experience in the game features, which btw often change without notice, to make confusion for some even worse. Another reason to be more symphatetic to those who are currently low level.
    I have restarted a couple of times using friend links, so I do know what its like to have a new farm at this time. I found it quite relaxing & fun up to when you get the 2nd farm & I had forgotten what a pain it was to make enough animal feed & fertilizer until you are able to upgrade the mill & silo but that hasn`t changed. The 1st level in weekly events was also quite easy to finish, but you soon pass that level, I found it almost impossible to complete an event for the mid-levels. But I did not have time to be bored, I didn`t feel the need to complete all events, I had plenty to do building my farm & completing tasks, which is really the point I was making, that the lower levels don`t NEED to do everything & they have the benefit of several choices if they do want more to do. The higher levels have nothing else to do except events & projects, so if it suits them to have lots of those available I don`t see why lower level players should be complaining that GGS are running too many events, because they should be more understanding of the fact that the game doesn`t revolve around them.

@BriannospamGame (SKN1) Lower level players start to collect horseshoes as soon as they get the 1st ship, so it makes sense to have them unlock the ranch early too. They have a few tasks to do & NPCs to compete against, so they can begin getting their arenas upgraded. Once they are able to upgrade the stable, then they get the option to go to a temp farm & while I agree with you that it is too early for most to even think of trying to finish one of them, I don`t see any harm in them farming for some shells or runes, so that they can improve their ranch , ready for when racing unlocks for them.

When all is said & done, BF is a strategy game, how you develop your farm, complete tasks & events, choose what you should or shouldn't take part in, it is all part of working out the best strategy you can, personally I find that challenge to be where the fun is. Whether its fitting everything into my farm without wasting a single grid square or planning an event so that I can complete it or choosing to skip an event because I have other priorities at that time.

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 03.12.2015

I have restarted a couple of times using friend links, so I do know what its like to have a new farm at this time. I found it quite relaxing & fun up to when you get the 2nd farm & I had forgotten what a pain it was to make enough animal feed & fertilizer until you are able to upgrade the mill & silo but that hasn`t changed. The 1st level in weekly events was also quite easy to finish, but you soon pass that level, I found it almost impossible to complete an event for the mid-levels. But I did not have time to be bored, I didn`t feel the need to complete all events, I had plenty to do building my farm & completing tasks, which is really the point I was making, that the lower levels don`t NEED to do everything & they have the benefit of several choices if they do want more to do. The higher levels have nothing else to do except events & projects, so if it suits them to have lots of those available I don`t see why lower level players should be complaining that GGS are running too many events, because they should be more understanding of the fact that the game doesn`t revolve around them.

No, you don't know what it is like. Just take the whole of my sentence, not half of it only. You are approaching it as a seasoned, experienced player, very well aquainted with all features and pitfalls of the game.

I btw think GGS have done a wonderfull job in this respect. Starting a new farm now is fun and joy. But I too have this vantage point of "knowing it all" already. The amount of things you had to figure out when you started and new players have to figure out now is radicaly different. You had just a fraction of what they have now.

I do understand why they complain. I don't agree, I like the complexity, but I do understand. And I've highlighted some of the issues in earlier posts, so will drop it here. Some high level players are sometimes too self-indulgent and insensitive to what new players are going through, and it shows in what they post.

EDIT: Btw talking about starting a new farm reminds me the "invite friend" feature and the promissed update, which should enable to take en existing player as an "apprentice". :)
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 03.12.2015

EDIT: Btw talking about starting a new farm reminds me the "invite friend" feature and the promissed update, which should enable to take en existing player as an "apprentice". :)

Same here.... but may GGS have forget that promise?
    Her kan du finde danske informationer og tips til spillet http://fjollefarm.naniq.eu

• @Kamilcom (GB1)  I think we are basically saying the same thing. I don`t think ALL new players struggle, the tasks pretty much guide you through the initial stages, though they could benefit from a couple of warnings along the way... Like don`t buy a crowbar & don`t open your airport as soon as its unlocked. I am neither a low or high level player, but I can see the frustrations that both would have with different elements of the game..... But there`s the real point, it IS a game, one that has no end, so relax & enjoy the ride. :)

• Uncle John (AU1)Uncle John (AU1) AU1 Posts: 8,726
    ..... But there`s the real point, it IS a game, one that has no end, so relax & enjoy the ride. :)

Agreed

• Mandy23 (US1)Mandy23 (US1) Posts: 2
    edited 04.12.2015
    Hi CM Popeye. Thanks for updating us..

I have a ques...

Any Idea when cooperative challenge will be coming? Its almost 2 weeks now. 
    I need to spin the wheel for Irish chicken coop and I need huge tokens 

Can someone from CM team update us please :)

Will coop challenge arrive during santa event? We are not doing santa event so I would like to do some missions!! 

Thank u :smiley: 
    Amanda
  • Mandy, Do your missions all the time!  Use the certificates you win from the missions to upgrade all of the farm machines to their maximum levels!  Then use them to activate the farm machines!

Here's what they do:

Your Farm Machines are in the Garage at the bottom of your screen on your Main Farm to the right of the airport.

When you click on the garage, you will see the circle menu.

From the Red Tractor in the Circle menu you have 4 Farm Machines. You do not have to activate these 4 machines, they work all the time. Fully Maxed at Level 7, here’s what they do.

1) Retro Classic- will give you up to 115 happiness for your main farm.

2) Earth Breaker- Will give you up to 70% more certificates when doing Missions.

3) Multi Farmer- will give you up to 70% more reputation points when doing Missions-Great for Co-op Championships!

4) Crop Chopper- will give you up to 32 more workers for your main farm.

From the Green Tractor in the circle Menu, you have 4 Production Farm machines. You must activate them using 1 of 4 choices (the last one includes some gold) with the ingredients that they need to run and produce the goods for you.  Then, you have a cool down or waiting period before you can use them again.

1) Power House - Increases the Yield from your stables on the main farm for 1 hour, from 10%, 20%, 50%, or 80% depending on the option you choose, At Level 7, fully maxed, it has a waiting period of 3 hours between uses. There will be a timer at the top of your screen for the 1 hour it is active.

2) Humus Pro - Makes Premium Humus which gives you 60% more from your fields. It makes, 1, 2, 4, or 6 bags depending on the option you use and has a 2 hour cool down time. They go flying through the air when you activate the machine. The cool down period at Level 7 is 2 hours.

3) Special Press - Makes Greenhouse humus which makes 25% more tropical fruits in your green house on the main farm. It makes, 8, 25, 55, or 100 bags depending on the option you choose.  They also go flying through the air when you activate it. At Level 7 it has a cool down period of 3 hours.

4) Farm Flash - Makes 10, 15, 25, or 50 more items in the bakery.  When you activate it there will be an indicator at the top of your screens. You can only make one of them at a time, but the coll down period of 4 hours for Level 7 starts when you activate it.  Once you collect goods from our bakery, you can activate it again.

Here's a good article from Larino's Corner on the Farm Machines and the Missions too.

https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2014/05/31/all-about-missions-and-farm-machines/

***You can display one farm machine at a time.  If you click on it, it will take you inside the garage to that farm machine.  a little easier than using the circle menu. :smile: 

[email protected] us1 Leader of our Freespirits Co-op!  Level 203  Player- over 3 yrs!!   

Come Join Us!  We will teach you all about the game!  Read all about us here:  

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3385617/#Comment_3385617

• @CM Nafaru or @CM Latten 

Some other players said that there was some holiday fun on the Festival Island.  They said that there was some presents to find and click on and that when you had clicked on several of them (maybe about 15 of them) the polar bear in the lower right hand corner of the Island would do a little dance and that other than that, there were no prizes, etc.  Oh and also that when you left the Island it was reset and the next time you visited the Island you had to start finding presents all over again. Just a little fun.

Since I found out about it, I have looked and looked, but I only found 1 present on an iceberg since I heard about this.  I told my co-op about it, but no one can find even 1 present.

So will the CM's please tell me if this is a bug or not and if so, please ask them to fix it so we can enjoy it to.  We are on the US 1 Server.  

Why were we not informed of this event either?

My bank never tells me when I can get more money either.

My counters for all of my farm crops on the right do not turn green when the crops are done, they just say 00:00:00, hard to get used to that. 

Please can these things be fixed soon.
    Clearing cashes, rebooting, changeing browsers-Internet Explorer 11 and Google Chrome,does not help!

Thank You!  

[email protected] us1 Leader of our Freespirits Co-op!  Level 203  Player- over 3 yrs!!   

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3385617/#Comment_3385617

• edited 04.12.2015
    @CM Popeye 

Some other players said that there was some holiday fun on the Festival Island.  They said that there was some presents to find and click on and that when you had clicked on several of them (maybe about 15 of them) the polar bear in the lower right hand corner of the Island would do a little dance and that other than that, there were no prizes, etc.  Oh and also that when you left the Island it was reset and the next time you visited the Island you had to start finding presents all over again. Just a little fun.

Since I found out about it, I have looked and looked, but I only found 1 present on an iceberg since I heard about this.  I told my co-op about it, but no one can find even 1 present. 

So will the CM's please tell me if this is a bug or not and if so, please ask them to fix it so we can enjoy it to.  We are on the US 1 Server.  

Why were we not informed of this event either?

My bank never tells me when I can get more money either.

My counters for all of my farm crops on the right do not turn green when the crops are done, they just say 00:00:00, hard to get used to that. 

Please can these things be fixed soon.
    Clearing cashes, rebooting, changeing browsers-Internet Explorer 11 and Google Chrome,does not help!

Thank You!  
    Post edited by Craftycritters (US1) on

• CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey @Craftycritters (US1) There are indeed little presents hidden around the outside of the festive farm.

When you find them and hover over them, they will disappear. Find enough of them, and then you will be treated to a show by the bear. If you see one, then the rest will be there.

-Popeye
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,553
    edited 04.12.2015
    @Craftycritters (US1) The presents and the Dancing Polar Bear are not an event, Just a little fun thing the programmer built in for your enjoyment. When you hover over a present there is a little "ka-ching" sound and then the present disappears to another spot. If you click  enough presents the Bear dances. That's all, no reward other than seeing him dance.

They had something similar on the last island, something to find and then theLoch Ness monster popped out of the lagoon, can't remember what it was exactly. It is not an event, so you aren't missing out on anything.

In any case, I turn off my animations usually, and have my settings on medium quality usually. It is easier to find the presents with high quality and you can only see the dancing Bear with animations turned on. 
    Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
    MRG1  (US1)
    Former avid player... and long-time Outlander fanatic

• Bill4112 (US1)Bill4112 (US1) US1 Posts: 72
    Where can we find a count of the stars and snowballs that we have collected? I know I've collected a bunch of snowballs and at least one star, but I can't find a count of them anywhere.
    Bill4112 @ us 1
  • Where can we find a count of the stars and snowballs that we have collected? I know I've collected a bunch of snowballs and at least one star, but I can't find a count of them anywhere.

Bill open up Rudolph's book and turn to the page where we started the task of collecting the snowball. You will see your happiness on the left hand side and it will tell you how many snowballs you need to reach the next level happiness. As far as the actual count of how many we have collected I haven't seen that anywhere, so not sure if anyone else has.

The star(s) should be on the first page and it will show you on day 4 of the book as well.
    Designed & made by @FarmerJohn22 (US1)
    For all your Big Farm questions please visit @CrazyBigFarm55 blog http://crazybigfarm.tk/index.html
    EnochNock @ us1           Leader of Tranquil Thymes Co Op

• Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 10.12.2015
    Absolutely love Rudolph's Advent calendar - what an unexpected treat.

It's interactive, it's easy (what with all the other stuff going on), and it changes daily. Great idea to use a book theme that allows us to flip forward & backward to see our progress (& the lovely graphics).  I get all my farm chores done when I first log in - then sit back w/ my cup of coffee & go searching for Rudolph.

Also loved the 3 day mini-event to earn my Snowman Family deco (a wee bit surreal collecting snowballs & coconuts at the same time) My farm is looking a lot more festive for the winter holiday season.

Kudos on this wonderful little activity. Looking forward to the remaining days in Santa's Calendar. :smiley: 

Raven68 @ us 1

• archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    what are the presents for on the festive island for. I have found several. But when you put pointer on them they disappear.
    I find them 1 at a time, then the present moves somewhere else to be found again...
  • Merry Xmas :D:D:DSusijs vaizdas
Sign In to comment.