Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - December 8th - Public Service Announcement on exclamation marks! ^_~ - Your questions

Comments

• Oh - what a tranquility on my farms without those huge, annoying, bouncing purple question marks!! And WOW I can see everything again!

Much appreciated!  :)
    Yes, it's very nice without all those huge, annoying, bouncing purple question marks!! :smile: 

But... after have try removing them once... I don't think I would waste time and mouseclicks to do it again and again and again....
    Problem: after playing only around a ½ hour, the game begin running so slowly and lags, that I may reload the game... and again click around to miving those question marks.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    @BriannospamGame (SKN1) As you say, we won't bother to do it again and again and again ............. In other words, this update is still far from perfect, far from really usefull and functional. For those who often reload the game it practically makes no difference. Just brought a bit of variety. :) Now they can either have the irritation of huge mostly useless exclamation marks, or the irritation of having to visit every event again and again and again after every reload of the game. :)

Is that all you can come up with, BF team? After all that supposedly valuable feedback? C'mon! Get your brainy people working and figure out something really usefull. :):):)
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 08.12.2015
    Thanks for flagging my comment about the definition of PSA but if you google 'PSA' that is exactly what comes up.  And yes, I did know PSA was also public service announcement.
    Wait, someone seriously flagged you for that?
    Hmm, no flags, as in forum flags on MRG1 post???  I only see someone put a LOL there, but it was not me :)
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    From Nafaru's announcement about this update:

Viking Farm books now have an effect on products of the Festive Farm that were also known to other wintry farms (e.g. herring, feed) 

Didn't happen. The books still are not working. Of all the changes/bug fixes that were supposed to happen in this event, this is the one with the biggest impact on all players doing the Festive Farm. We paid gold for those library books and they are still not working! GGS, this is no way to treat your paying customers.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325

But i have one question about this update. Is the screen going to the parking spot if a new bubble appear, like when we have the weekly event, the screen goes to the parking spot. Does this new update do that?

The camera should still behave exactly the same as before. Once a new event pops up, focus will shift towards the parking space.

1) There was no mention on the big portion of players who still don't get to see ads. Either they don't have the feature at all on their farms (myself included), or they have the feature but it doesn't show them anything to watch.

2) Are we going to get a Christmas skyline for dollars? I noticed that two Christmas skylines have already been added to the game (one for 4900 and the other for 39900 gold). It would be more than welcome to be able to bring more of our beloved Christmas spirit to our farms without spending gold.
    1) As you said there are 2 different "issues" at hand. One not even getting the theater and the other having the theater but not getting any videos.

In case you do not have a theater, at this point this is most likely due to the fact that you registered through another website than ours. Since our partners who redirect users towards our servers can decide whether they would like to involve third party traffic or not, a user who registered through (and was redirected by) another site won't be able to see the videos, even if they now log in through bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com.

2) There will be more and more Christmas skylines up until Christmas. While I can't disclose anything about the prices yet, it might pay off to check Frida's new offers every now and then to see if there is a deal for you.
    Will we be getting the runestones that we should have been getting while we were working the festive farm prior to the fix?
    Unfortunately we were not able to retroactively add runestones you may now earn through harvests.

However, as a small scrap of comfort, the 4x3 hard work decoration reward is by far easier to achieve with only 700k runes to collect instead if 5 million. So even with less runes, you should be able to get a nice decoration out of your festive farm. ;)
    No change with the handbooks for the viking farm. Still showing the same quantities as before the update. It was long overdue for fixing, so please, step it up.
    We've forwarded this to our analysts already. Let's see what they can find out. :)
  • LEC (US1)LEC (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    Thank you for implementing these fixes.

Will players be compensated for the runestones they have missed out on since the beginning of the Festive Farm? Many of us are past Chapter 1 which would mean a lot of runestones have not been awarded to us. Please respond.

Thank you.
  • Pingo4 (US1) said:
    Didn't happen. The books still are not working. 
    @Pingo4 (US1)  

Hi Pingo, could you let us know which books you have tested please & if any are working.

Thanks
    Wabbit
  • Sheriziya (NL1)Sheriziya (NL1) Posts: 131
    edited 08.12.2015
    Benny has lowered the gold prices of bakery and flower shop products in his kiosk. Feel free to check his new offers!

I asked this earlier but saw no answer: Where is Benny? He's disappeared from my farm, or rather, his kiosk with Bakery and Flower shop products has disappeared.

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    No books appear to work.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    @Sheriziya (NL1) 

As I understood it (other players told me) the Christmas shop comes and goes. You just have to catch it at the right time. Makes things even more challenged ;)
    Pingo4 (US1) said:
    Didn't happen. The books still are not working. 
    @Pingo4 (US1)  

Hi Pingo, could you let us know which books you have tested please & if any are working.

Thanks
    Wabbit
    I know for sure that none of these books are working: Penguin feed, Penguins, Sardines and Tree orchard. I haven't tested the other field crops and do not have Berry or Sheep orchards yet.
  • Thank for confirming that Pingo, all info has been forwarded :)
  • @Sheriziya (NL1) 

As I understood it (other players told me) the Christmas shop comes and goes. You just have to catch it at the right time. Makes things even more challenged ;)
    Right.... Thanks :smiley: I guess I'm quite fortunate with Coop members who can donate where needed :)
  • Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    edited 08.12.2015
    @CM Nafaru

"Unfortunately we were not able to retroactively add runestones you may now earn through harvests.
    However, as a small scrap of comfort, the 4x3 hard work decoration reward is by far easier to achieve with only 700k runes to collect instead if 5 million. So even with less runes, you should be able to get a nice decoration out of your festive farm. "

But what about the boat?  We need runestones for the greenhouse seeds, and getting another decoration is not a priority for many of us.  How about an "across the board" compensation of at least SOME runestones - after all, we must have missed out on thousands of them - and, for me, they're the sole reason for doing the festive farm in the first place!!  Pretty please - a little "Christmas Spirit" would be, at the very least, a nice gesture!!
    Thank for confirming that Pingo, all info has been forwarded :)
    Thank you, Wabbit & Nafaru, for your replies.  May we please have some information as to when this is likely to be fixed?  This bug has already cost players a lot of lost runestones and is costing GGS money too as players aren't going to want to buy books if they cannot be relied on to work when they are supposed to.  It just is not right that this should have gone unfixed for over a week now!
  • thanks
  • help me on hia game
  • @CM Nafaru

"Unfortunately we were not able to retroactively add runestones you may now earn through harvests.
    However, as a small scrap of comfort, the 4x3 hard work decoration reward is by far easier to achieve with only 700k runes to collect instead if 5 million. So even with less runes, you should be able to get a nice decoration out of your festive farm. "

But what about the boat?  We need runestones for the greenhouse seeds, and getting another decoration is not a priority for many of us.  How about an "across the board" compensation of at least SOME runestones - after all, we must have missed out on thousands of them - and, for me, they're the sole reason for doing the festive farm in the first place!!  Pretty please - a little "Christmas Spirit" would be, at the very least, a nice gesture!!
    Nicely said.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554

Hmm, no flags, as in forum flags on MRG1 post???  I only see someone put a LOL there, but it was not me :)
    That's strange, it shows someone flagged it when I see the post.

• Library books still don't work on Festive Farm!
  • Janis540 (US1)Janis540 (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    What are the snowballs for?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Any news before GGS goes home for the day????????????????????????
  • Was the organic market vendor prices updated?
    I just noticed he is offering humas for 2,000 instead of the usual 18,000.
  • The snowballs are for the Snowman decoration. The more of them you collect, the higher the happiness from the Snowman decoration when it unlocks. You'll have to find Rudolph then cycle back a couple days to see how much happiness you currently have and how many snowballs you need to get for the next level.
  • I am at happiness level 40 and I don't have a snowman. How come????
  • Thanks so much for the changes to the exclamation marks. They will go from something annoying & pointless to something meaningful & helpful - always a desirable result. ;)

• Benny has lowered the gold prices of bakery and flower shop products in his kiosk. Feel free to check his new offers!
    The kiosk idea doesn't really help. (maybe for that last few items if you were really, really close to 100%) The flaw in the All or Nothing rule can't be fixed by spending gold or farm cash. Nor does it change the other issues discussed in the Santa's List thread.

Glad to see the list of bug fixes, including the fixes for the bugs I didn't know about.

• I am at happiness level 40 and I don't have a snowman. How come????

Check to see when the event ends, there is a timer where you see the happiness. Once the snowball event is done you should find you deco in your drop box. If it doesn't show up log out, clean your caches and it should show up then.
  • CM Popeye said:
    Hey fellow farmer! Please post any questions or feedback regarding our latest update in here.

Happy farming!

-Popeye
    hey i just wanted to talk to you about the paper the newspaper maybe you should add more pictures to the newspaper to draw more attention. farming forever Bambi701 from MagnoliaAcers  
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    Why do I have to keep clearing the exclamation marks several times a day?  I thought the update was to remove them once you had clicked on them which I did this morning.  Nothing has changed for any of the items in the carpark for the mark to come back.

This is very annoying.  It was great that they disappeared this morning but they are back.  Will we have to keep clearing them?  If so, then what was the point in the 'fix' in the update?
  • @Ozzie (AU1)  Mine have only come back if I relog or get disconnected & I like the fact that Eva`s bubble stays gone because I have completed the event...Nice touch!

My only complaint is with the airport. I do not have the festive farm open, so normally that would mean I am stuck with a bubble for a month, they may have got rid of the bubble, but they added the feature to show the bubble again when the island vault was ready, so now I have a bubble that says it is ready to exchange cash stuck there instead. I assume this also now means that even if you do open the island farm, once you stop needing to exchange cash every 2 hours, you will also be stuck with a bubble there too. :(
Sign In to comment.