Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Wish List - Your questions and comments

Comments

• To me there is one another option that no one seems to see.

Everyone in the coop adds what they can and raises the happiness of the decoration. The end % does not matter.

This means they are happy to accept the lowest quality decoration but will have a reasonable happiness at the end of the event.

Problem solved if you can accept not getting the best quality decoration.

I do not agree with the way this event was set up but making the best of it is also an option and is more in the spirit of giving at this time of year.

I think some people have said they would like to participate, but are unable to participate at the level ggs has designed this event. Anyone that doesn't participate to the goal of 100% is actually punished, because, as we all know, it has negative repercussions on the outcome.

ggs has made an event that encourages all or nothing. With consequences for effort below 100%. Those consequences impact the entire co-op and especially those that put in a LOT of effort, those efforts can be damaged quite easily by someone that puts in very little effort. Even if that effort is all that real life allows - which should be acceptable, as that can be a large percentage of their limited free time.

When ggs is frequently throwing out that "balance" in the game is so important to them, this event is the antithesis of balance as I see it. It is one thing when we feel the imbalance in one aspect of the game that we primarily tend to do alone. But the extent of the imbalance in this event is counterproductive to a co-op event and especially at a time of year when celebrating and family time is important. So much of our lives is work, work, and more work that our obligations and responsibilities are at the forefront. The one time of year when people finally put their lives first, the event is designed in such a way that it demands to be at the front. Not just for fun, and certainly not what I am willing to yield to in the name of fun.

I thoroughly enjoy my co-op and like doing things that benefit the co-op, but the game is NOT my life. At times, I have disregarded other things to play this game, but it goes against my beliefs to do so to the detriment of the things I believe in and value - in this case Christmas. This time of year is not a time to devote an enormous amount of time to something that seems to me to intentionally devalue Christmas. There is enough of that in the world outside of this game, so I will not be a party to it in a game. Other people have their reasons for being dissatisfied with the event, that probably differ quite a bit from my own.

In my thoughts, and in discussions I have had with others, the end % does matter when so much is required for participating. Too many people are putting in a LOT of time, effort, and money and I will NOT be the one that knocks down their tower of cards because I have nowhere near the time, money, and enthusiasm for this event.

If it were just for me, it isn't even about the decoration. I don't want to accommodate decoration of that size in any of my farms. I'm not even interested in any winter decoration. I just give it all to Greta while waiting for new decoration I might like. But to many, the decoration is very important and I don't blame them, even if I don't agree.
  • Alisha27 (INT1)Alisha27 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 102
    edited 03.12.2015

We. do not. have. a first class coop, none. of. us. plays. 24/7, and we did it (
    as many other coops I know). Yes, it was and is hard but therefor very challenging. We proved it to be doable, even for a coop. with. only. casual. players. and nowhere near the top ranking coops.

And it's so easy to tell us to count the no. of complaint/supports .... it is a well known fact that most positive players who love a game for just playing it - don't have the urge to frequent a forum that much, let alone posting things. It's a well known fact that happy players don't post as much as complaining players. The amount of players visiting this forum is only a very, very small part of ALL the players playing this game, therefor not at all representative for everybody .... So using words like 'majority' is just plain silly!

If you can't figure out the strategy for or do not like this event, that's a pity or bummer for you. If you choose not to play this game, that's your choice - but keep things respectful and don't blame others for wanting to try it, or liking it. And please don't make comments that you can't substantiate or that aren't even close to the truth (= a.o. "even the middle level coops cant do this"). You can't speak for others, so stop doing so.

To whom it may concern:

[Name calling removed]
    There are players who like this event and are doing their best to achieve the fine reward .... and there are players who don't like this event and therefor chose not to play it; there are coops who manage to work together on this and there are coops who can't .... And they are both allowed to speak up about it. But please try to respect each other. There is no need to react constantly disparagingly or demeaning towards players who are positive about this event. They have the right to post in this thread too, without getting their heads chopped off. It's so easy to claim that everybody is leaving the game and that so many players quit playing... you may have heard of some, but you don't know any real numbers, so stop acting as if all players all over the world are quitting this game, just because of 1 event..

And all the time & energy you all spend ranting about this Santa's List event - you could have spent at figuring out the right ploys, tricks and strategy of this game and thus how to achieve the best reward possible for your coop...

i never tried to chop any ones head off for being happy with the event....thats a ridiculous thing to say...i said congratulations by all good means not sarcastically.....if ur coop is cooperative...and all  members listen and understand..thn u really do have a wonderful coop..and i say that without a hint of sarcasm
     its not the rankings that i meant by 'level'....there r other criterias for making a good coop..not just its ranking.....that bit is my fault...poor word use
    and wht is the problem in speaking for others...those who r my friends but r not in the forum??

and yeah its a bummer for me my coop members.and some other coops members i know  and stay in touch wth...but i dont want anyones  pity....
    ...i wanna play the event....so does other members o......i alredy did my 100% two times...but i also want my fellow coop members to be able to play with us.....not hold up a banner saying.,"DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU CANT DO 100%".

oh yes,  i am well aware of the strategy....and i have a problem with it...thats is what the "RANTING" is all about.

and yes...i visit the forum  enormous times because i find myself to be very unhappy , dissatisfied and chopping off heads....and not at all because i , like so many others...i want ggs to consider our problems. the fact that i keep playing this game after all bummers doesnt count...because i am so unhappy....

ppl think its okay to throw ppl out and make em join again is okay...then fine...
    but i am against hurting the feelings of the low level members we have...who alredy r apologizing in the chat box for not being able to help out..when its not even their fault....some even stopped coming online so that they dont have to listen to our event discussions in chat box...
    thats completely acceptable...but giving feedback in the forum is not. WOW! real Bummer!!

comment by,
    --THE HEAD CHOPPER!

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • @cheshi (US1) 

I fully understand how this event works. I said I didn't agree with it. I was giving an option to others that would stop some of this arguing that is going on in this thread.

Christmas is supposed to be a time of giving. I am not seeing a lot of that in this thread.

Most of us have said we don't even want a 7x7 decoration and would not use it on our farms. GGS have set this up wrong but we can all take a step back and look at what we are arguing over, seriously people this is a game, only a game. 
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 03.12.2015
    Whoa!! Come on guys, enough with the all the name calling & flagging each other! You have all been around long enough to know how to have a civilized debate without resorting to that.

Some people like the event & some don`t, feel free to give your constructive criticism of the event, but, please,  no more picking on each other just for having a different opinion.

Thankyou!

*throws some Christmas spirit onto the thread* :)

EDIT: Due to continued flagging after being asked to stop, several posts & comments have now been removed as they were off-topic and/or inflammatory & thereby in breach of the Community Guidelines.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 02.12.2015
    Hey hey hey...
    I'm very sad to see several people here now are in a personal flamewar. :(

Please friends, cool down and relax, and instead being personal: discuss how this event could have been make better from the beginning. :)   - (whit a little luck, if we by that way give some valuable inputs to GGS, maybe GGS will take these inputs note, if/when they another time want to make an coop event like this.

And no, I dont want or like to be a cop or mod here... but I don't like to see people from who I normaly like to read their postings, flame each other on this way.  - and no, I have not set any of all these flags.

PS: Go for the ball, not for the player

Edit, I have just noticed that @WascallyWabbit already have been here, when I read the thread. :)
  • CM Popeye said:

If you guys have any outstanding questions, please post them again or send me a PM.

-Stan

here is my question and overall since the beginning of this whole event it also seems to have been a lot of other peoples question or questions depending on how you see things.

How does this event work??

just so you understand I would like you to explain it like we are all five year olds please. go through every step. through every possibility. some people think they were getting a decoration every week. some people thought they would not have access to a week two list of donations if the whole co-op did not reach 100%. what actually is bad about not getting the 100% and what does it not affect at all. does the getting or not getting 100% for the whole co-op affect the "secret - stay tuned" or not.

the question I would really like to have explained though is how this whole not donating if I know I will not get the 100% done is going to help at all? if I do not donate my co-op decoration will not get any better which other than the "secret - stay tuned" is pretty much the only reason to do this whole thing. i ll have access to something if everyone in my co-op got 100% but our decoration will be virtually worthless. that does not seem well thought out.

would it also be possible to get a little information about the "secret - stay tuned"? not in terms of telling us what it is exactly but at the very least telling us if we all have access to it no matter how great or poorly we did with the rest of the event.

I am also pretty sure that I am not the only person that would love to know about any other information about how (if there is any) Good Games Studios might make this event better since ( I m sure I m not the only one again) this event is still not exactly new co-op member friendly. also, we were told that week two would require a bit less to donate. from what i ve read in forums and what i and my co-op members need to donate, that does not seem to be the case. if it s because week 2 was supposed to be tougher than week 1 then i suggest that Good Games Studios think that through again. if almost everyone thought that week one was insane and pretty much say the same about week two even though week two as been "nerfed" then week three will cause even more problems.

i leave you with this for now otherwise i ll just go on and on as i did in an earlier post. anyways i will probably be back since i very much doubt that from this post on things will be smooth sailing.

thank you in advance if you do answer some or all questions.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Wow ! I'm impressed. . :):):) It's as hot as chilli pepper here. :)

As a technical note: To call somebody a "coward" just because they expressed a disagreement with an oppinion / information / claim in a post by clicking "disagree" button is, in this oversensitive western culture, often considered bullying, or attempt to manipulate/curb/threaten/discourage etc people from freely expressing their oppinion, using social stigma, feeling of guilt etc. to accomplish that goal. They just might not have time to express themself fully in writing and should not be forced/stigmatised/bullied into complying with somebody elses expectations.

As I said, gaming is overrated. Let's fight for something that's worth it. :):)
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey @Farmhand Dom (US1) If you read through the THIS DISCUSSION on the EN forums, my good friend CM Nafaru offers some very good explanations regarding the event. Let me know if you have any other questions after taking a look in here.

-Stan
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    Again, I may expose myself to all bad mood here, but nevermind.

Why do I LIKE this event:
    1. Because all members have to be active. High level players can not just do the job for the low level players.
        Every low level player is as important as a high level one. In coop competition low level player can not possibly
        bring as much reputation as high level ones. This event is better in that concern.

2. Its very strategical. For the best strategy to work, coop must act as a team and not as a list of individual members.
        Coop has to organize itself and choose a strategy as a team. This calls for a good leader or at least a good     organizer who than can coordinate everybody else and everybody else has to follow him. Without good organization its mission impossible. This is why I dissagree with mayority comments here. I DOES bring the coop together.  I posted a strategy plan in General discusions if anyone is interesting:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/114276/santa-strategy?new=1
    But as I said: coop must have a good leader and coop members have to trust him/her and follow him/her.

What I DO NOT LIKE about this event:
    Its a lot of work for a lvl 2 deco. For Lvl 6 or lvl 7 deco, o.k. I understand. But first step should be an easy one to encourage everyone.  Most coops should not have problems with reaching lvl 2 without any spatial strategies or
    organizations. The fun (hard) part should start later on.

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 02.12.2015
    Whoa!! Come on guys, enough with the all the name calling & flagging each other! You have all been around long enough to know how to have a civilized debate without resorting to that.

Some people like the event & some don`t, feel free to give your constructive criticism of the event, but, please,  no more picking on each other just for having a different opinion.

Thankyou!

*throws some Christmas spirit onto the thread* :)
    THANK YOU Wabbit !! Love the event and all the Christmas spirit GGS brought into BF  :+1: 

aaabbb1 (INT1) said: Again, I may expose myself to all bad mood here, but nevermind.

Why do I LIKE this event:
    1. Because all members have to be active. High level players can not just do the job for the low level players.
        Every low level player is as important as a high level one. In coop competition low level player can not possibly
        bring as much reputation as high level ones. This event is better in that concern.

2. Its very strategical. For the best strategy to work, coop must act as a team and not as a list of individual members.
        Coop has to organize itself and choose a strategy as a team. This calls for a good leader or at least a good     organizer who than can coordinate everybody else and everybody else has to follow him. Without good organization its mission impossible. This is why I dissagree with mayority comments here. I DOES bring the coop together.  I posted a strategy plan in General discusions if anyone is interesting:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/114276/santa-strategy?new=1
    But as I said: coop must have a good leader and coop members have to trust him/her and follow him/her.

What I DO NOT LIKE about this event:
    Its a lot of work for a lvl 2 deco. For Lvl 6 or lvl 7 deco, o.k. I understand. But first step should be an easy one to encourage everyone.  Most coops should not have problems with reaching lvl 2 without any spatial strategies or
    organizations. The fun (hard) part should start later on.

I completely agree with you @aaabbb1 (INT1) very well said! Love constructive posts! And although my coop prefers to figure out ploys, steps, tricks and strategy themselves because considering this the joy of the game - I applaud you for sharing your strategy plan with others to help them. :+1: 
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I am wondering if with bigger coops,with a mixture of casual and full time players and now know how the lists work,have swapped a couple on list,say casual player has X amount apple turnovers and full timer has fruit cake,so they swap and in agreement with rest of coop to make up the short fall on Sunday,know can only be done if a lot of players can fulfil the list and not to many left.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 02.12.2015
    I am wondering if with bigger coops,with a mixture of casual and full time players and now know how the lists work,have swapped a couple on list,say casual player has X amount apple turnovers and full timer has fruit cake,so they swap and in agreement with rest of coop to make up the short fall on Sunday,know can only be done if a lot of players can fulfil the list and not to many left.
    They cannot swap as such, but every player can leave the coop and rejoin again. Then he gets a new list. So you can go and rejoin a few times untill you get a contract that you like. To do that, one of the deputies have to be online
    while doing so, so that he can accept the player back in the coop. It can TECHNICALY work. I never tried it myself. 
  • This event is making me sad... my cooperative is not the most put together group. We all enjoy playing, we participate at our own levels, but we can't keep everyone from starting the event if they can't finish it. 

So despite the massive work, the time, the energy, and the annoyance of trying to fill impossible orders (thousands of two different bakery items, gee thanks..) we will never get past week one... 

I think I just need to accept that and stop annoying everyone with my messages. 
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    just a thought, but if members cannot complete their order, can they not leave the co-op and rejoin, thus resetting their score to 0??
    Exactly!
    But some players are unwilling to use that strategy for one reason or another.

It's very strange that you must leave your coop for a coop event, even if it's for just.
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    Guys, this is a game.  It's supposed to be fun.  There may be things in the game that we don't like.  If so, we are free to come to the forum and express our concerns (hopefully in a civil manner).  We are also free to not play optional events like the Santa event.  People who do like the event are also free to say so, and good for them.  It's nice to know someone is enjoying it.

But I really don't think petty squabbling improves the discussion in any way.  Arguing with other players, labelling them and calling them names, trying to discredit another co-op by maligning their leader - this sort of thing doesn't make your argument stronger, it makes it weaker.  Pardon the mini-lecture, but I am very distressed by what I have read on both sides of this fracas.  I am a member of the co-op that a certain party chose to malign and so what?  I should care what someone who has never been a member of my co-op thinks?  Pish, it is not important.

We are all here to speak for ourselves.  We may have feedback from other members of our co-ops, but none of us can presume to speak for "most players."  

For myself, I like the general idea of this event but feel it could be improved upon.  GGS has already listened to feedback and improved the event by reimbursing us for our donations.  That's a start.  What else could be done to make this an event you would enjoy participating in?  

And thank you very much to aaabbb1 and others for your your positive and helpful contributions.  
  • I am definitely not appreciative of this event..... many players in co-op do not understand the rules and a few  have low level farms and ALL have daily obligations and can not be on the game to harvest/produce continually.
    I tried my best to help out players who had low percentages on Sunday but can only do so much.
    I also do not like not having material for my ship items for those precious training horseshoes and now I have to figure out a way to do both the Hard Worker Event and keep the Santa Wish List going!! Not even thinking about doing the "normal" events!!
    Have you people at GGS gone EVENT mad!!!  Better lay off the after dinner drinks.. better still ALL drinks!!!
    Come to think of it, I NEED a glass wine but it is too early here in the Land of Enchantment-- at least I have something to look forward too!!
    Happy Day to all!! and Good Luck!!!

• For myself, I like the general idea of this event but feel it could be improved upon.  GGS has already listened to feedback and improved the event by reimbursing us for our donations.  That's a start.  What else could be done to make this an event you would enjoy participating in?  

It was a significant improvement to donate free products were changed to having to sell the goods. :)
    But it could and should have been done better, because we are still losing substantial revenue on some of the things we must deliver to the wish list. Namely the products from the bakery and flower shop we usually do not produce. 
    - I have not figured out how many millions dollars I have lost to produce wild flower bouquets and other things that do not provide nearly as good profits as honey cream and soap ... but since the beginning I have lost at least 10 million in income this imbalance.

Much better rewards than now, which can compensates for these significant losses would be an nice way to bring balance between tasks with poor profit, and what we normally produce bakery and flower shop.

About the problem of members who are not able to provide much of their individual tasks:
    The task should instead have been maked as the same way as the regular coop projects: All members working on the same list, by that way it's ok when a few members only can make 1 or 2 %... they still help as good as they can, and they are an active part in the coop event task.
    - Of course the coop order list should be balanced after how many members the coop have... It would be very unfair if a coop with only 5 members should make the same numbers as a coop with 64 members!

• Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 03.12.2015

CM Popeye said:
    Hey guys, Sorry for being late in getting back to you. I was unfortunately out of commission the past few days, and was just now able to get on and read through this post. From what I see, the overall feeling is that the event was not adjusted quite enough. That being said, I also get the impression that many of you were pleased that changes were made based on your criticisms. This was a great turning point, and a trend we intend to keep going.

If you guys have any outstanding questions, please post them again or send me a PM.

-Stan
    Whenever I've been out from work for a bit, it is always hectic when I get back - trying to catch up on everything that I've missed & all the messages that pile up. I'm gonna assume that is what's behind the message above. I've been critical of those who use angry negative to make unwarranted personal attacks on others. I'm also critical of those who use blind positive to ignore real issues & real concerns. Have you read this discussion?

'...pleased that changes were made...great turning point...'??? The only adjustment mentioned was decreasing the amounts  & avoiding overlapping requests. I'm seeing the same issues mentioned in week 2 - and I'm struggling w/ them as well.

Why should we have to post our questions again? Why should we have to send you a Private Message? What, then, is the purpose of this discussion thread if not to get answers, clarification, & feedback from you - our direct link to GGS?
    CM Popeye said:
    Hey @Farmhand Dom (US1) If you read through the THIS DISCUSSION on the EN forums, my good friend CM Nafaru offers some very good explanations regarding the event. Let me know if you have any other questions after taking a look in here.

-Stan
    CM Popeye - did you really just 'answer' Farmhand Dom's question by sending him to the English forum's thread on this topic - so that he (& we) can sift through all 24 pages to find an answer? Should we just go to their forum directly from here on out? Are there any other BF forums we should be continuously reviewing instead of this one?

We are in week 2, day 10 & there is still major confusion on the basic functioning of this event. The initial instructions were terribly vague & left out major facts (empty/full co-op member slots, complete/incomplete Santa Lists, Last Chance Sunday, conflicting/overlapping effects to deco quality versus deco happiness, All or Nothing rule, Start/End of day times on the US server, etc)

As a co-op leader, I struggle to motivate member participation in various co-op activities - especially among inexperienced, busy, or young members. Now I'm creating confusion (& possibly hurt) by asking people to NOT participate - due to this poorly thought out All / Nothing rule. THIS ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN ADDRESSED! Several posts, including CraftCritters' post above, have suggested how the whole negative atmosphere of this event could be changed if this rule were changed. May we have an update to this question? In this forum?

My co-ops progress for this week's Santa's List has already been doomed by an enthusiastic young player who didn't read all of their emails (and did not understand that they needed to do the opposite of what I'm preaching in every other co-op activity). I'm not upset by this; we certainly won't be spending any gold to complete; & we won't be removing or asking people to leave. The members of my co-op are far more important than a deco. We will do the best that we're able, get through this disappointing event & count our blessings in this life. :smile:

Merry Christmas & peace to all

Post edited by Raven68 (US1) on
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    We have just noticed something in my co-op that I don't think has been posted here yet - and if it has been posted, I apologize for missing it.  24 pages of heated rhetoric have made it difficult for me to always follow everything in this thread.

Here's the issue:  the happiness that our co-op has earned towards the deco is not the same for all players. Examples:  Earlier this morning, the happiness shown for higher level players was 65.76; at the same time, happiness for a level 53 player was only 62.47.  A little later, the happiness on the higher-level players star was 66.129; at the same time, a level 28 player in our co-op had a happiness level of only 50.395.  This means players within the same co-op are going to earn decos with different happiness levels.  Higher level players will receive higher happiness decos than the lower level players.

This is absolutely not fair!  Lower level players are working just as hard to fill their contracts as the higher level players, and I think really the event is much harder for them.  I had an order for wheat that was about twice as much as my barns could hold.  Wheat takes a long time to grow, and I still have to make cow feed. No problem for me - I bought the wheat, which would be easy for any higher level player to do.  But what is a lower level player supposed to do?  It's too expensive for them to buy things when they are still trying to build up their farms.  

We are all in the same co-op and we are all working hard to achieve rewards for the group.  Lower level players should not be penalized just because they are lower level!

This really needs to be fixed.

• About the problem of members who are not able to provide much of their individual tasks:
    The task should instead have been maked as the same way as the regular coop projects: All members working on the same list, by that way it's ok when a few members only can make 1 or 2 %... they still help as good as they can, and they are an active part in the coop event task.
    - Of course the coop order list should be balanced after how many members the coop have... It would be very unfair if a coop with only 5 members should make the same numbers as a coop with 64 members!

I agree that making it similar to the co-op projects may have been better. I guess ggs wanted to give us something completely different for this event.

Although, from what other posters have said, I'm not sure how much co-op size effects the event. A person in a co-op with just 2 people thought the event was easy. Another had posted they thought the event made it just as possible for a medium or small co-op to do well in the event. Might be possible to see this aspect more clearly at the end of the event. I know that plenty of people have been making spreadsheets, so it might be useful to analyze the event after the fact.

I know in my co-op, effort and enthusiasm for the event is still high while people continue to communicate and evaluate input from members that are participating. Chat is primarily about the event throughout the day. But, my co-op is most always talkative about the events and sharing experiences.
  • CM Popeye said:

-Stan
    Why did you guys break up the old English language forum?  It was easier to find answers when Australia, the UK and the US were all on the same forum.  I am NOT going from forum to forum to forum to find answers when you could have answered the questions posted yourself.  I miss Steffi!!!
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554

My co-ops progress for this week's Santa's List has already been doomed by an enthusiastic young player who didn't read all of their emails (and did not understand that they needed to do the opposite of what I'm preaching in every other co-op activity). I'm not upset by this; we certainly won't be spending any gold to complete; & we won't be removing or asking people to leave. The members of my co-op are far more important than this event. We will do the best that we're able, get through this disappointing event & count our blessings in this life. :smile:

Merry Christmas & peace to all

This is exactly the same situation I am facing. I have two new members who want to help, and have started this event in week 2. Unless Last Chance Sunday is significantly different in the 2nd week, we will still be doing the level one decoration.
  • CM Popeye said:
    Hey guys, Sorry for being late in getting back to you. I was unfortunately out of commission the past few days, and was just now able to get on and read through this post. From what I see, the overall feeling is that the event was not adjusted quite enough. That being said, I also get the impression that many of you were pleased that changes were made based on your criticisms. This was a great turning point, and a trend we intend to keep going.

-Stan
    They need to fix doubling up on goods. If it calls for something from the bakery, it shouldn't ask for any of the base ingredients as well. And if it absolutely has to show up on the list, then they should drastically reduce the amount needed from either the bakery or the base ingredient. Probably goes for a list that asks for dung and anything that requires fertilizer. It just feels like a punishment at this point because of the random nature of the list.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I agree @DavidU (US1) and I thought they were fixing that after the first week. But in week two I am being asked for 8100 honey and 2280 Honeycream from the flower farm.

I can produce 252 honey every 2.5 hrs, so I would need to harvest honey 4.6 times every day for 7 days just to get the 8100 honey. (8100 divided by 7 days = 1157 honey per day, 1157  divided by 252 every 2.5 hrs = 4.59 times in one day) Thats 11.5 hrs per day.
    But then I gotta also somehow add another 2125 honey that is required to make the Honeycream (I need to make 5 Honeycreams and they each need 425 honey).

So the honey production needed is actually 8100 + 2125 = 10,225. That means I need to produce 1461 honey each day (10225 divided by 7 = 1461) and that equates to 5.8 harvests per day or 14.5 hrs per day for all the honey needed. 

Luckily my coop is still only working on level one deco, and it is unlikely we will get everyone to 100% so I won't be worrying about completing my order either. No way am I checking my farm every 2.5 hours for 14.5 hours everyday!
  • As I was getting my Co-op's Santa List information together on a spread sheet to enhance our communication,
    here is something I have not seen in the forums yet about the Santa Lists that I think will interest everyone.

Here are the 2 lists I am referring to:

Level 18 Player              Level 19 Player
    1)Corn 970                    1)Corn 1,380
    2)Chicken Feed 260      2)Wheat 1,300
    3)Eggs 900                   3)Milk 3,680
    4)Milk 5,140                   4)Apples 8,960
    5)Pigs 8,450                  5)Pigs 8,570
    6)Apples 8,220              6)Eggs 1,170
    7)Eggs 870                   7)Eggs 1,240

Note that these 2 players are just beginners, level 18 and Level 19!!!  Quite a large increase for 1 level too!

Note that my Level 18 player has eggs for Item # 3 AND Item # 7 AND look at the numbers on # 4, 5, 6! 

Note that my Level 19 player has eggs for Item # 6 AND Item # 7 AND look at the numbers on # 3,4,5!

REALLY UNFAIR TO HAVE SUCH HIGH NUMBERS FOR BEGINNERS AND EGGS FOR 2 OF THEIR ITEMS!!!!!!

IMO This event is just all wrong, and not in the spirit of a co-op team or the holidays at all!!!
    Not a very nice way to introduce the game to new players either.

I really want to commend these 2 players for trying hard to participate and complete these IMO difficult lists, be part of the team and try to do their lists! I want TEAM players who participate!

No way will I ever remove any player from my co-op for anything related to this event, IMO just not good for the TEAM at all.

I posted my suggestions last night on how the problems with this event could be so be easily solved IMO and make it a real TEAM event and a Happy one for the Holidays for Everyone and a nice gesture on the part of GGS too!  I do so hope that the CM's will take it to GGS for their consideration!

We are really communicating, using a spreadsheet that all players can see, and we are all struggling to complete our lists!  I am so hoping that GGS will make some changes, it's not too late to save this event and make it a fun and happy one for all!!!
  • As I was getting my Co-op's Santa List information together on a spread sheet to enhance our communication,
    here is something I have not seen in the forums yet about the Santa Lists that I think will interest everyone.

Here are the 2 lists I am referring to:

Level 18 Player              Level 19 Player
    1)Corn 970                    1)Corn 1,380
    2)Chicken Feed 260      2)Wheat 1,300
    3)Eggs 900                   3)Milk 3,680
    4)Milk 5,140                   4)Apples 8,960
    5)Pigs 8,450                  5)Pigs 8,570
    6)Apples 8,220              6)Eggs 1,170
    7)Eggs 870                   7)Eggs 1,240

Note that these 2 players are just beginners, level 18 and Level 19!!!  Quite a large increase for 1 level too!

Note that my Level 18 player has eggs for Item # 3 AND Item # 7 AND look at the numbers on # 4, 5, 6! 

Note that my Level 19 player has eggs for Item # 6 AND Item # 7 AND look at the numbers on # 3,4,5!

REALLY UNFAIR TO HAVE SUCH HIGH NUMBERS FOR BEGINNERS AND EGGS FOR 2 OF THEIR ITEMS!!!!!!

IMO This event is just all wrong, and not in the spirit of a co-op team or the holidays at all!!!
    Not a very nice way to introduce the game to new players either.

I really want to commend these 2 players for trying hard to participate and complete these IMO difficult lists, be part of the team and try to do their lists! I want TEAM players who participate!

No way will I ever remove any player from my co-op for anything related to this event, IMO just not good for the TEAM at all.

I posted my suggestions last night on how the problems with this event could be so be easily solved IMO and make it a real TEAM event and a Happy one for the Holidays for Everyone and a nice gesture on the part of GGS too!  I do so hope that the CM's will take it to GGS for their consideration!

We are really communicating, using a spreadsheet that all players can see, and we are all struggling to complete our lists!  I am so hoping that GGS will make some changes, it's not too late to save this event and make it a fun and happy one for all!!!
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 03.12.2015

Here's the issue:  the happiness that our co-op has earned towards the deco is not the same for all players. Examples:  Earlier this morning, the happiness shown for higher level players was 65.76; at the same time, happiness for a level 53 player was only 62.47.  A little later, the happiness on the higher-level players star was 66.129; at the same time, a level 28 player in our co-op had a happiness level of only 50.395.  This means players within the same co-op are going to earn decos with different happiness levels.  Higher level players will receive higher happiness decos than the lower level players.
    Yes, the happiness of the final decoration scales with player level, as announced from the very start:

CM Nafaru said:
    • On top of this progress meter, you can find your personal happiness indicator. This indicator shows the happiness value your final reward decoration will get and which quality level it will hold.

• Happiness scales according to player level. In case of a level-up, happiness of the event decoration will be recalculated and increased accordingly.

This is due to the fact that the decoration can obtain a very high happiness value that would ruin the lower level's whole happiness balancing and leave them with a decoration that would suffice for many many levels, not teaching them anything about the general happiness mechanic.

These users can still upgrade the decoration through Greta, as soon as they have reached the respective level to see her roaming around the farm.

Furthermore, beginning today, the event will become a little easier for all users involved. Please check the official announcements for more info and feel free to ask your questions about the new trader here. :)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 03.12.2015
    I am sorry - but we do like the event as it is now - a real challenge and a joined effort. GGS already made some changes after all your complaints, that should be enough.
    We are proud we figured things out and came so far now - that if things would be changed again - well; that tells us that the players who take the effort, do the math, plan the necessary steps and figure things out together with their coop (as was intended) are now being punished for their achievement. Changing things now would only take away from those who play the game as intended by giving into the complainers who just want their way. No need to say that we would be utterly disappointed when the game would be changed again - just to make it more easier.

Now we finally get a real challenge, something clever to break our brain cells over - and it will be taken away from us who like it. 

EDIT: now that we learned about the small Christmas shop on our parking - we can live with that. Happily enough no bigger changes.
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • @Craftycritters (US1)  There are only 8 items available for level 18/19 players (11 if you count feed) if it was me I would much rather have 2 eggs than have cherries & I would be more unhappy about that chicken feed being on there tbh, feed & fertilizer are so hard to get enough of at that level. The numbers on some of the others do seem very high. .... The new announcement should help.... YAY!! for new Benny clone coming with a kiosk to save us all!! Thanks for the great news Steffi!!

Happy dances round the farm!

• this is such a horrible event. i just want to be able to collect the decorations, but i can't even because of the ridiculous way this was set up. i'm incredibly disappointed.
This discussion has been closed.