Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Wish List - Your questions and comments

Comments

• edited 30.11.2015
    The décor improves as you progress through the event, from what I understand you will receive the décor at the end of the event with the happiness your co-op achieves, so if you reach the first décor and do not wish to continue with the event you would receive that décor with the happiness it is currently at, 1 décor  not every décor shown,

second week items are much more realistic even with items that require the same components I have wheat and romantic bouquets mistake I made was donating all my wheat first lol but I have learnt my lesson to think a little bit more before I donate, done in the right order I don't see an issue filling both  orders, as for asking a player to leave who has an incomplete  order then rejoining this must have some sort of effect on the players morale, we have a great leader and a great team, players that arnt taking part filling orders are helping others who are by using gifts to boost their produce required so they are taking part just in a different way, by now everyone should be aware of what is required to complete each weeks orders and what things shouldn't be done, like starting with only a couple of days to go all it takes is one co-op message from your leader DONT START NOW  lol, even players with poor English should be able to understand this, as the weeks progress the number of players doing their orders will decrease but by this time the happiness of the décor should be pretty good, not that I will ever place it out on any of my farms its far too big at 7x7, it will just get torn apart by landscape architect, sad I know but I don't like décor as rewards for events, completing  levels on my décor tower doesn't interest me at all,

my tips are, leaders talk to your co-op members even on a one to one basis via messages, make sure everyone knows even if they don't do orders that they are still a very important part of the co-op this is an event to have some fun with  not the be all and end all, nothing is worth splitting up a co-op for not for a décor most will never see on their farms, this is a good chance to build up player esteem and a good test of how your co-op works as a team, I do agree that lower level players shouldn't be asked for large amount of items from farms they have not developed yet and should be based on the farms they are capable of filling orders from, just play the event and have some fun if it gets stressful then stop,

happy farming

Andyh 
    Post edited by andyhudson1965 (GB1) on
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 30.11.2015
    Our coop did much better than I expected, and my order for next week is much more reasonable. We had 3 members at 100% complete, and a few more in the 90-99 percent range. Unfortunately we just didn't have the resources to donate 150,000 pasta baskets on the last day. (okay maybe an exaggeration,but  might as well have been that many.)  After adding many, many items to the rest of the team it showed I had contributed 5% on Last Chance Sunday. I know others also helped on Last Chance Sunday, but it doesn't give anyone else a percent there.

Although the next week order is more reasonable for me, and I could easily complete my own list, I have told my coop that I will not be doing the event. (If I start, I suspect some members may assume that they should also try, or that I will be able to bail them out if they fail to finish). I have cautioned the team that they should only consider doing it if they feel they can complete it on their own. So far only one member (out of 29) is participating. 

I agree the event is flawed, as it really is not a true team event if you expect some members to opt out completely. It is like saying: "Step aside, you're help is actually a hindrance to the team. Just let us professionals do it for you."  

Also agree that because of the time commitment required it is possibly the worst time to be doing an event like this. The weeks leading up to Christmas are hectic enough without adding the stress of checking your farm constantly to produce and donate items. Having Last Chance Sunday as the only day available to help the team is also a sore point, as many of us may have other commitments on Sundays but would be available to help on other days were it an option.

The event is not designed for coops with casual players. It is better suited for those who are die-hard gamers, and our coop is not in that category, nor would I expect that of my members. I really think this event could have been a fun, team-focused event, but it really missed the mark on this. 

Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
  • i am also quite confused about what we kind of decor to wait at the end of this task. What does the number on the star of the tree ( mine now 65,121) means and is the value of decor something to do with those rewards with hard working points (in Finnish they are satisfaction points what we are getting there).

I think it would be more inspiring to work, if I could know what I am working for.

This might be
    perfectly clear to most of you, but I am sorry  that I could not find the answer (or understood it :)

• edited 30.11.2015
    the number in the gold star is the happiness the décor is currently  at, from what I understand  I think we all started with the igloo with a happiness value of zero  and where  the orange bar goes across the yellow bar that's where you have reached the next décor level, so if you have 2 orange bars crossing your yellow one then you have reached level 2 décor, if that makes sense :)
  • edited 30.11.2015
    a quick question for the team, will sundays  player donations to help other players be the same as last sunday just so I know  what produce to start building up stocks for
  • Sonnarps (SKN1)Sonnarps (SKN1) Posts: 50
    edited 30.11.2015
    Pingo4, it is your item at the same line as the one your team member has not been able to fill, that you need to donate to help.

The problem is, that it most likely will be the same line that is difficult for most of the players, and therefore it will be difficult to have enough to help others. This week, the 6th row seem to be bakery goods for most players. And if someone needs help with that line, I have to deliver extra fruitcake. It is impossible to produce 4000+ fruitcake in a day without gold, which is what I need for 100%

That is why it is important that players who can not deliver almost all of their order does not start. If many members have less than 25% on the same row, it will be impossible for the co-op to help them on Sunday.

This answers andyhudson1965  question as well :smile: 
  • Do the players who stay at zero receive any of the rewards we get at the end? igloo? cottage? manor?
    Thanx
    RAggs
  • Do the players who stay at zero receive any of the rewards we get at the end? igloo? cottage? manor?
    Thanx
    RAggs

I am going to assume yes, because its a coop event. For those in your coop who know that they can't finish the weeks Santa list and would like to help, ask them if they can sparkle the coop members farms that are doing the event this week. I am sitting out this due to the muffins again, I had muffins last week and again this week. My barn is empty so there is no way i could do 6900 muffins again and also contribute them on last chance Sunday.
  • I have the same question as andyhudson1965.

Our co-op hasn't completed week 1, but we now have week two products to get.  I assume that on Sunday we can help other members with both week one and week two items, but will we need what we donated in week 1 to help their week one, then our week 2 to help their week two, or will both now be the same as our week 2?

• I still don't get it, so if a coop with lots of high level players had a player make a second low level account and join, and nobody but the new account donated, they would complete the event?
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 30.11.2015
    I still don't get it, so if a coop with lots of high level players had a player make a second low level account and join, and nobody but the new account donated, they would complete the event?
    Provided that one account would make it to 100 %, yes. And the deco value would be lower then if more players donated.

Our co-op hasn't completed week 1, but we now have week two products to get.  I assume that on Sunday we can help other members with both week one and week two items, but will we need what we donated in week 1 to help their week one, then our week 2 to help their week two, or will both now be the same as our week 2?

That's a good question. MODs can you please reply and clear this up for everyone in the event others have this same question & run into this problem. The sooner everyone knows then they can prepare and plan accordingly.

Thanks
  • Santa still needs far too much stuff, as said i am lvl 37. yet i have to do 6 x 8 hr fruit cakes, and 11 x 3 hr apple pies that means a fruit cake and 2 pies per day, almost. that is not taking into account the 5,800 almonds i got to get, nor 4,800 cherry or 14,500 apples  before i can start baking. Of course certain players will say its possible to do, but of course they are not level 37 so cannot prove it. Its Christmas time yet GGS through their greed have made it almost impossible for a lot of players. The donation to santa are almost what we would do in an event, asia fairy tale etc, yet what do we have to show after 1 week, a few weedy little hard worker rewards. 

That's a good question. MODs can you please reply and clear this up for everyone in the event others have this same question & run into this problem. The sooner everyone knows then they can prepare and plan accordingly.

Thanks

Week 1 is over and has no impact on what you have to do this week. If you did not manage week 1, the progress you made will make more happiness, but the visibility will be the same when you do this week. If you manage to finish this week, you will be working to get the second deco next week. You can help the others with this weeks products on Sunday.

This question has already been answered by Nafaru.
  • I read when the Santa's list came out that you can't skip the first week than do the next  even if you were out of town is that right?
  • How can I help my Co-op members with their wish lists? Is Sunday the only day I can help my Co-op members and if so how can I do this?  I have a lot of money and the products to help them but I can't figure out how to transfer and donate to them. :( Can someone please tell me how I can help them?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    How can I help my Co-op members with their wish lists? Is Sunday the only day I can help my Co-op members and if so how can I do this?  I have a lot of money and the products to help them but I can't figure out how to transfer and donate to them. :( Can someone please tell me how I can help them?
    This may be a bit late to be trying to help others fill their list now. To donate to help others fill their list open the event click on the second tab find a name of a member hows list needs help and click on the arrow. This will bring up a list and how much you need to donate to complete it. You must donate items from your list that match up to theirs. Yes Sunday is the only day to be able to help others.
  • I did not have the time to read every comment but I think I got the gist of it all and wanted to put in my 2$ (inflation and all) in.  I was so looking forward to this event but after the first week so many of my people were not only exhausted from having to be on night and day and not receiving anything because someone could not make their quota due to what else?  The holiday season, that we opted to sit the rest of the event out.  I mean, we are trying to recruit new members that are possibly too low a level to even do it anyway.  So, as a group we are disappointed to not be able to participate but at least we can sleep and maybe see our families this holiday season...  (yes a touch of sarcasm their but made in love).  We love this game and we will continue to try and grow but if this is what we have to look forward to for team events... count us all out.

Chrystelle1313
    Founder of Celtic Farmland
    US1

• Bill4112 (US1)Bill4112 (US1) US1 Posts: 72

As I mentioned in my previous post, the Santa list event is a disaster. That being said, I believe that I have figured out a way for every cooperative to complete the remaining weeks. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Here are the assumptions that I have made:

1) If any co-op member starts to fulfill his/her order and fails, the entire co-op fails.

2) The co-op succeeds if ALL members who are trying to fulfill their orders reach 100%.

Therefore, the way to beat this event is as follows:

1) At the beginning of each week, each co-op member looks at his/her order and decides if it will be possible to complete it without help from anyone else.

2) One co-op member is selected from those who can complete their orders. That member, and only that member, tries to fulfill his/her order.

3) All other members use the week to upgrade their barns and farmhouses, and to fill their barns with every possible item.

4) Since the member who was selected to complete his/her order will be low on seven items at the end of the week, that member will not try to complete his/her order in the next week, and possible for the remainder of the event.

Yes, I understand that this is not what GGS was hoping for, and the cooperative will not receive the best possible decoration for their efforts, but at least they will receive something for the efforts of those who were able to participate.

Some cooperatives may have multiple members who can complete their orders, and they may be tempted to have all of those members participate. They should do this only during the final week, since these members will then have until next year to recover.

• 2 questions

1) why is it not possible to do this corporate help every day as it seems to be a corporate list
    (otherwise a donation of 21500 milk together with 6500 wheat is ridiculous) 

2) why is the event 34 days long even if week one is already doen, or is Santa already collecting for easter

taking the drunk Rudolph in mind it seems like your dev's didn't done any maths or don't have any clue about x-mas ??? Christmas eve is still on the 24th not on the 3rd/ 4th january, so why are we donating after christmas
  • First week of Santa's list I almost got everything but I had fruitcake and apple pie on the list. If I had a full barn of both before it started I could have managed, but I only had half the required amounts in inventory. Second week and I have fruitcake again plus almond muffins. So I could produce enough fruitcake for this week, but I can't possible also produce enough almond muffins because I have a job and I can't play for 7 hours every day. This is ridiculous having 2 products from the bakery due every week.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I read when the Santa's list came out that you can't skip the first week than do the next  even if you were out of town is that right?
    @silk_ribbons (US1)  You can participate in week 2 if you want as far as I know. Just make sure you can supply what is on your list.
  • Alisha27 (INT1)Alisha27 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 102
    HELLO....its ME AGAIN...
    ONE OF MY TEAM MATE GOT AN ORDER OF  1580 HONEY CREAM.
    HE HAS A LEVEL 4  FLOWER SHOP AND NO OLIVE GARDEN OR APIARY YET.
    OTHER TWO PLAYERS WHO R PLAYING GOT BIG ORDERS ON THAT NO 5 ORDER TOO. SO THEY CANT HELP MUCH.
    I DONT KNOW ...BUT THIS SEEMS PRETTY UNFAIR. 
    HE HAS TO-
    1. GET WORKERS,
    2..THEN BUY LAND(s),
     3.THEN BUILD AN OLIVE GARDEN,
    4.THEN UPGRADE IT TO GET 13 HONEY DEWS AT ONCE,
    5.THEN BUILD AND APIARY, MAKE  HONEY,
    6. THEN MAKE SOME HONEY CREAM......

YEAH...ITS A PIECE OF CAKE. (FOR SUPERMAN MAYBE)
    : :#:D

• this event is a disaster, it almost dissolved are entire coop.  the directions are horrible,  I kept putting extra in on my products thinking they would go to help members catch up only to find out that my extras from the week could not be utilized on Sunday.  Some thought every single person on the team had to fill 100% of their orders and participate 100% so our team leader started kicking out non participating members, then she resigned, I am ready to quit gg as well.  This is a money hungry event.  All but 1 team member who started participating at the end of the week met the goal but no one got any rewards regardless of how much was contributed or the fact that everyone made 100% of the goal and helped others get there except this final one person who was coerced into playing through guilt.  So all our efforts went down the drain.  Ho ho ho ...  Bah Humbug!!!!   \Fun??   Heck NO!!  In the Christmas spirit??  He$$ NO!!!  In the giving mood????  NO WAY!!!!  Ready to play some more games?????   Not this reindeer!!!  
  • Yeah, so today I came home from work, so excited to get started on week 2. Thinking we can take what we learned from last week, to help us make it to all 100% this week. Then I looked at what I have to donate, and my heart sank.

I need  800+ honeydew. That's crazy!  I never get that much! and I need it to make honey!  BTW,  I also have to donate 6,000 honey!  And don't forget that on Day 7, if by some crazy miracle I reach 100% and I want to help others, guess what I need to make more of??  Honeydew and Honey. This is impossible!

I don't want to criticize, and I really like the concept of this event, but something MUST change here.  I'm assuming that the silence we've heard all day is because the GGS worker bees are crazily trying to figure out what to do to fix this.  They always come up with something - so I'm choosing to have faith in their little genius minds. :smiley: 

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    edited 01.12.2015
    As I understand this event - there's only ONE deco to be received.  The co-op can earn three UPGRADES to the deco (from Igloo to Cottage to Manor to Ice Castle) each of which is fancier and has a higher starting happiness than the previously earned deco.  These upgrades are earned by EVERY participating co-op member completing his list 100% for the week.

Completely separate from that is the final Happiness value of the deco earned.  This is increased by ANY contribution made to a Wish List, regardless of whether that list gets fully completed or not.

So, if a co-op member fails to complete his list, he's only kept the co-op from earning the next fancier upgrade, but any contribution he made DID increase the happiness value of the deco already qualified for.

Every co-op that participates automatically qualifies for the Snowy Igloo.  To earn the upgrade to Comfortable Cottage you must have one week in which ALL participating members complete 100% of their lists, but you still want many members participating because every contribution made increases the happiness value of the deco.  So there's a little bit of a trade-off to be considered here.

Really strong, productive co-ops will be able to earn all three upgrades and get the fanciest deco.  Most co-ops may achieve one or two upgrades, but can still build a good happiness value for the deco by having a lot of co-op participation in the event.
  • i am also quite confused about what we kind of decor to wait at the end of this task. What does the number on the star of the tree ( mine now 65,121) means and is the value of decor something to do with those rewards with hard working points (in Finnish they are satisfaction points what we are getting there).

I think it would be more inspiring to work, if I could know what I am working for.

This might be
    perfectly clear to most of you, but I am sorry  that I could not find the answer (or understood it :)

Each deco has a "base" happiness value (that we do not know), the better the deco the higher the value. The igloo was a level 1 deco you can see under the star it said 1/7 for the igloo and now says 2/7 because the next deco is better. My understanding is that the happiness on your star is how much you have collected to add to the base happiness of whichever deco you finally win.  65,121 is AWESOME! thats double what we have on our one...WTG!! :)
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    Each deco has a "base" happiness value (that we do not know), the better the deco the higher the value. The igloo was a level 1 deco you can see under the star it said 1/7 for the igloo and now says 2/7 because the next deco is better. My understanding is that the happiness on your star is how much you have collected to add to the base happiness of whichever deco you finally win.  65,121 is AWESOME! thats double what we have on our one...WTG!! :)
    We started with 8-10 happiness for the 1 deco. At midnight after Last chance Sunday about 12 points were added to the whole happiness. That's the known "base" )
  • @Volty (INT1)  Thanks for that Volty, I didn`t spot a jump in happiness when we switched to week 2, so thats really helpful..... Does that mean the happiness in the star is the total for our deco so far? If so, we have a lot of work to do on our one hehe :)
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 01.12.2015
    RunsWivScissors (GB1) написал:
    Does that mean the happiness in the star is the total for our deco so far? If so, we have a lot of work to do on our one hehe :)
    It seems so ) Because nobody want to confirm it for us ;)

This discussion has been closed.