Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Wish List - Your questions and comments

Comments

• The post you want is by Latten on page 13 of this thread re: timing of last chance Sunday start.  US server was 6 hours after Germany start - which makes it midnight EST, 11pm CST, 10pm MST, 9pm PST.

What is not said is that it'll end 24 hours later.  We'll see soon, I guess.
  • when your co-op finishes the first week (all 100%) aren't you suppose to get some indication that you have gotten the first deco? How does that work?
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

The last chance "Sunday" for the US Sever starts on Saturday at 9PM  PST when the new daily tasks come out and goes until 9PM Sunday PST. 

We did clarify this on the forum, but I don't have time to find the post right now.

IMO ALL OF THIS INFORMATION SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE VERY CLEAR IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

9PM PST is 12AM EST for me. We have an international co-op which makes for a bunch of different time zones. We waited for hours for last chance Sunday to start but it all worked out any way. My concern is, since we have the same amount of time left as the other servers, are we going to lose time on the last day? We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I agree that this should have been made clear in the announcement. There's no need to dig through 20 pages on the forum to find it when it could have been made easier to locate. At least we know what to expect next time around. :)

@Jiesta Congrats to you and your team for completing your orders! We had a lot of great team work as well and helped everyone finish their orders! I have enjoyed this event so far and I would have to say last chance Sunday was by far the best day because everyone pulled together to help the ones that needed help. I'm very proud of our team!!! :)

Observation: Single point of failure?

Walking this process out (if I understand it correctly) there is 'single point of failure' in this event.
    1. Every Wish List that is started must be completed 100% w/in the week before the deco's quality level will increase
    2. If even one member who started a Wish List fails to achieve 100%, then the whole co-op has to start over from zero the next week - in terms of reaching a higher quality deco. (for the moment, I'm ignoring other benefits like payment for donated items or any increase in the deco happiness level)
    3. If 1 & 2 above are true, then a single member with a single mouse click over the span of 6 days could sink the combined efforts of the entire co-op by starting a Santa's List - say late in the week - even as late as Sunday! There is no back button for starting the List.
    That just seems like a really, really BAD design flaw. As one person commented earlier, some members are having difficulty understanding the details of the event. If they think this event is like a co-op project or a mission, they will just start donating what they can. In my case, we added a member Sunday morning who immediately started their list (on the last day) w/out realizing the consequences. Fortunately, we have several who aren't going to make 100% so it doesn't really matter. Can you imagine what the effect would have been if we were all at a 100% & believed we'd achieved the next deco level? If I'm wrong here, PLEASE say so!

You're right, someone could join a co-op this late in the game, start an order and cause the whole team to fail week 1. That's why they posted in the Official Announcement it may not be a good idea to have your co-op set to open during the event. We have all of our members that started an order at 100%. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that the one's that haven't participated, don't suddenly come online and start an order. :/
  • I honestly can't understand why everyone's complaining. I'm at level 82 and have 93% of my orders filled at 5 days in and will have them completely filled by Saturday evening. I have also gained 10 million dollars+, so I'm not sure what everyone is talking about since we get paid for everything we donate.

I got mine, but I lost a lot of sleep or I wouldn't have.  Some orders don't allow for any life except this game.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 29.11.2015

You are not alone.  I am afraid for my own head here, too, but here we go :)

The atmosphere was exactly as you described. Very active chat, lots of coorination, coop mesages...
    It was hard but worht it. AND we are on www, coop of 40 members.

At first it was a big shock as we found out that everybody is short of backery products. After firts attack of panick, we organised and everything went smooth.
    Most members were at 100%  around midday, but we had two players left that had almost no cakes to begin with. We negotiated with them to leave the coop and come back on monday if we fail to fill their lists, but at the end,  that was not nessesery at all. Everybody finished by now, except five that are absent and did not start the game at all.
    Anyway, it was real preparation for hollidays: everybody baked cookies and cakes :)

Hopefully, next week wont be much harder than the first one.

@Jiesta Congrats to you and your team for completing your orders! We had a lot of great team work as well and helped everyone finish their orders! I have enjoyed this event so far and I would have to say last chance Sunday was by far the best day because everyone pulled together to help the ones that needed help. I'm very proud of our team!!! :)

CONGRATULATIONS to both of you @aaabbb1 (INT1) and @jess_d (US1) and your coops, with finishing the first week of this Christmas Event in good order!! We can all 3 be proud of our coops!
  • Fibro_fog (US1)Fibro_fog (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    GGS, as a long time player, I was getting bored.  This event makes playing much more fun.  For the first time in months, I've been happily logging on everyday.  

HOWEVER!!!! I'm not happy about this day 7 set-up.  It seems that either we should be giving the other members EXACTLY the same items they were trying to collect, OR if we have to give them something more challenging for us, it shouldn't be the same exact thing we're trying to make for ourselves. Our co-op has everyone ALMOST (most of us are at 90+%) finished, but we can't quite make it because of this. We've used a ton of resources to get to this point and feel like today was a big fat TRICK to get us to use a lot of gold.  The next few weeks will be better because now we know about day 7 but we've used so many resources at this point I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it.

GGS, you've always been great about making things right for us with these new events, and i know you will again here. Just wanted to throw out my two cents.

Blessings!!
  • Bravo to the farmers & the coops that completed their lists 100%. But the reality is that most farmers & coops did not. Our opinions & thoughts are valid too. We have a right to post how we feel. There are some on this thread who need to understand that just because they finished the event does not mean that everyone should have no problem finishing either. The variables involved are different for each player & coop. If you enjoyed the event & would like to see it return again....good for you. But the rest of us also have the right to feel the opposite........that is the point to a forum!!!!
  • Where is the list of what specific items other members have given? I know this must be right under my nose--but I've been looking for days.  Thanks--:)

**** On the 7th day ( On US 1 9PM PST on Sat.  to 9PM PST on Sun,) when you go to Santa's List and click on the #1 icon above the star, the list of all players and who are participating and where they are.

If you click on the green arrow after their name the list of their items comes up and shows where they are. But it shows the numbers for the items for you to donate to them.  their original numbers are not shown.

The picture of the item, the one for you to donate to help them, is the larger picture in the back and the item that they had to donate is the smaller picture in front of it.  If you put your cursor over it, it will tell you what it is.
    By my calculations and going by the original post saying we were going to have a full week of 7 24 hr days it should start in 13.5 hrs.  The event started at 2:30am for me.

Yes,  I believe that for week 1, the event started around 1am PST on the US1 server for me for the 1st day.  On the EN forum, Nafaru, CM told us right away that we would be a little short on the first day because unfortunately the event had started  later than they had planned. On the US Server it was to have started at 9PM PST when the new daily tasks come out.

From Nafaru's Post:

Unfortunately the event started a little later than planned, so week 1 will have slightly less time than that. However, the balancing is designed to already take small issues like this one into account.

Link to the Post:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/2711101/#Comment_2711101

-------------------------------------------

**** Here is CM Latten's post from 11-26-15 on  the EN Forum about the times for the event on the different servers and the link to it.

Yes, should be exactly that, 12 midnight Saturday CET, except for the US/BRA/HIS countries (which are timed differently). Basically the same time as the daily quest reset usually happens.

US: GMT-5
    BR: GMT-4
    HIS: GMT-6
    JP: GMT+9

All other countries/Servers go 12 midnight CET

****In the USA  that is currently at (9 PM PST)

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/2718143/#Comment_2718143

where's the special island?
    The Festival Island Farm is the same as the Northern Lights temporary Farm and is available to players Level 30 and above.  It is just decorated for the holidays and some of the items and rewards have been changed to include holiday themed items.  It is an extremely expensive 30 day event and then everything on your temporary farm disappears.  It takes many millions of farm dollars and a whole lot of time to win it all.  Low level players can play it, click on the free worker gifts and get some of the island currency-ruenstones in this case to buy seed for the greenhouse.  Once you enter a temporary farm, the ship will also ask for 2 fruits from the Island seeds in addition to the 4 items from your main farms.  You can adjust the amounts of tropical fruits by using the green tab at the sides of the fruit.  The ship will always ask for the maximum amounts of the tropical fruits that you have in stock.

• Alisha27 (INT1)Alisha27 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 102
    edited 30.11.2015
    can anyone tell me what this picture is representing... 2nd week is unlocked...but i dont see no igloo newhere...plz...got a few abseNt and few lazy members in our coop....so its hopeless to expect 100% from everyone. so do i continue with week 2 or not? 
    under week one tree branch its showing... (in progress)
    THIS WEEK ONE WEEK TWO thing is very confusing...
    plz...can someone explain it in a bit detail.

DO WE GET TO KEEP THE IGLOO WITH THE HAPPINESS WE ACHIVED? AND DO WE GET  GO TO THE NEW LEVEL IF 5 OR 6 MEMBERS COMPLETE 100% AND OTHERS DONT PARTICIPATE AT ALL?

The information should have been more detailed. tsts...what a waste of farm products. me and few others feel like an idiot ryt now....
    Post edited by Alisha27 (INT1) on
  • Ok so I've reserved judgement so far, wanting to give GG a chance. Everyone makes mistakes and this event was one of theirs but I saw no need to crucify them, I believed the hotfix would rectify it. I did very much appreciate the hotfix, being paid for donations is much better. And as for the amounts I thought that would be more manageable in week two... so I stuck it out and filled my impossible order to 100% with much help from my coop leader and others as well as helping as much as I possibly could the other members.

Now I just got a look at the new order... and my heart fell when I saw that it's as terrible as the first one. Our coop will not be taking part in this event further. With all our barns empty, cash low and morale down we simply can't and won't do that again. There are other events so we'll put our energy in those until the next coop event (hopefully more reasonable). We are a relaxed coop with none of the rigid rules that some coops have. Those of us that play for a relaxing easy fun filled time with just a touch of challenge to spice it up... we don't stand a chance. All we will accomplish is farms that will take ages to recover and not very much to show for it.

Don't get me wrong, I get that some coops are having a blast and making a great success of it and that's awesome. Really. I'm just saying that they are in the minority and I suspect that GG will be rather disappointed by the eventual results of this event. 
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    First glance at my week 2 order - it looks much more reasonable. But reading @MissFarmsAlot (INT1) it suggest there will be a huge fluctuation due to random engine. I guess I'll better curb my excitement and stay away from it anyway. :)

Seeing the pride of some devoted gamers above, maybe some of us others should be proud we had enough sense not to plunge into the craze and invest our time and energy into something usefull instead? Now all of us can be happy and proud of ourself. hm? o:)B)o:)
  • We are now on day 7, but I cannot see how to help my other players fill their order. What am I missing?
    Must I kick out anyone who isn't participating in Santa's wish list ?
    All I donate just goes as extra on my own tally.

HELP !!!!
    Zitella, Big Easy
  • Alisha27 (INT1)Alisha27 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 102
    edited 30.11.2015
    o great.....on week 1 i got 7.4kcherries 25k milk and 3458 fruit cakes all together....this week i got milk  400 fertilizer and 4 k almond muffins....
    also common order of lettuce...my ducks r gonna starve to death...
    this is the hotfix!???....also  i donated all milk n lettuce to help my coop members....worthlessly...
    now i am in a mess....and since few members completed 100% in my coop, includin me,  my coop  will kick me if i dont contribute.

thanks a lot GGS.  RIDICULOUS Holidays to you too!

• when your co-op finishes the first week (all 100%) aren't you suppose to get some indication that you have gotten the first deco? How does that work?
    In the Santa event the red ornament at the bottom left with igloo deco got a great border around it once everyone was at 100%,  That is all I noticed to be different
  • Zella, No you do not need to kick out anyone who is not participating in Santa's List.  Players are free not to participate if they are going to be gone for the holidays, just choose not to, or do not feel that they can complete all 7 items to 100%, etc..  If they do not participate, they do not help or hurt the Co-op. 

If you go to Santa's Event and open it, there is a # 1 above the Christmas Tree.  Click on it and you will see everyone name and how much they have completed.  Click on the green arrow next to their name and the screen will show you 7 items that they need help with or have completed and how much they have now. The figures have been converted to the same products that were on your list.  The items for you to help with are the same as those on your own list and are shown in the bigger picture, in front of that is a smaller picture of what they were collecting for that spot. 

If all orders are completed to 100%-all 7 items on each order to 100%, then the Co-op will move on to the next Deco.   If not, they will keep the happiness they have earned, but must repeat the week and do not get the next Deco.

The 1st week, 7th day will end on the US Server tonight (Sun.) at 9PM PST, 12MN (Mon.) EST.

• edited 30.11.2015
    The negative impact of this event compels me to share with GGS a comparison of my gaming experiences with the only 2 games that I've played in the last 3 years. I hope to give GGS an understanding of what a good game this could be, and how easily it can be spoiled.

I sought a farm time management type of game 3 months ago and found this one. I was excited at first but after a week, not a day went by where I didn't think or say the words, 'I hate this game!'. The back to back tasks, quests and events has sucked every bit of real life energy and time out of me. This is what killed the game for me. Use of gold could make it easier but it mostly serves to gain back real life time and spare one from being stuck to the computer. Not a fair nor enticing reason to buy gold.

I spend a lot of $$$ to support my other game and because the owners; developers are continually working to make the necessary changes, fixes, and additions TO PLEASE the players. It's mostly about keeping the game enjoyable, so we want more. With this consideration, their gold sales has increased and so has my spending. They bring much happiness for me and my friends, paying and non paying alike. I'm on my 3rd year and loving that game.

I still want the challenge of a farm time management type of game and will be looking for another. Big Farm has potential to be a very good game but as is, the appeal to make me want any more of it is lacking. Yes, I quit. GGS, I hope you can find the means to turn it around, to keep your players and especially make the game more enjoyable. Good luck and thanks for the experience! 

Post edited by Tanirea Kekapu (US1) on
  • Zandi (US1)Zandi (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    Only trying to help: If you have started and CAN NOT finish - ask if you can leave the coop and then just rejoin. You will be at 0 and you will keep your happiness :wink: 
    This isn't a solution. No one in a coop should feel like they should leave because of this event.

This is truly, and totally, the fault of GGS and whoever thought that this would be a way to bring coops together during the holidays. Like I said before in my first post, finding ornaments around the farm and getting a Christmas tree was enough. It was a very widely accepted way to celebrate the arrival of the season and there was no reason to change it.

Instead, we're sitting here discussing how to deal with inactive members because of this horrendous event? People that were valued members of a team that decided that this time, they're going to actually enjoy their lives outside this game during Thanksgiving no doubt. I'm not booting a single person from my team if they choose being part of their family and friends' lives. We shouldn't be condemning them for this measly decoration. It's not worth the work. I agree that the game itself is becoming demanding. Now I see my own coop members coming on here and saying they're going to quit the game.

Thanks GGS. Way to completely mess up the coop dynamic. This event has brought the worst of what is supposed to be a time of togetherness.
    I don't think any game should require that people choose between a game and life - friends, family, pets, hobbies, etc. Especially at any Holiday time. Yet, a lot of people yield their lives, even if they don't publicly admit to doing so, for the sake of a virtual world.

It still amazes me that people really believed this event would be better because ggs announced they would make "slight" changes. Just seeing that word, slight, I knew this would not be enough to rectify this trainwreck of an event. Yet, many players chose to jump into this event after the changes even knowing improvements were minimal at best. When there is so little hope in the world, so many put hope in a company that is about greed.

Fortunately, most co-ops are not requiring their members to participate in this event. Yet, there are still so many questions, and too many people wondering if they should leave their co-ops, or kick out members?

So, what will the second week be like? The third week? Fourth Week? Christmas week? I think the frustration of this event affects even those of us that are not even participating in the event. I see a lot of questions in chat that can't be answered by those not joining in the travesty. I'm definitely not about to click on the tree - I have NO trust in ggs, tho I wish I could answer questions. But I didn't cause this big problem and I won't be made to feel guilty about my choice to abstain completely from this FUN, other than to observe and share my thoughts.

I think it is so sad that ggs is clueless about the negative impact of their latest implementation. But I am not surprised. There are enough people that are completely thrilled by this event that ggs is sure to do it again. Maybe it will be like the co-op challenge and we will get to do it every other month. Then it will replace the hard worker event, so it will occur whenever there is no co-op challenge. I think there are not enough voices opposed to the event.
    I am a part of one of the hardest working co-ops the game has and am so disgusted and disillusioned by this so called event, that I have actually thought of leaving the game.  I do not have the time or energy to try to complete so many other member's lists that I don't have time to try to refill my depleted stores.  I just have thought that keeping a happy, understanding mentality would help keep the other members going.  They are just as tired and disgusted as I.

I cannot see asking people to leave a co-op just to come back.  I cannot see just leaving because the people who have designed this disaster don't have a freaking clue.  I will go on in our co-op, but I will not be doing this event from this point forward.  

This is rediculous and I will not support GGS thinking it is wonderful.  If anyone from the "company" took time to read these posts they would be disgusted with them selves and cancel this life sucking parasite of an event.
  • I have finished my list alone and in 6 days - I even gave more than asked for because the game said this would upgrade the deco we will get.
    Today - next to my name there was written 100% - but nothing more. Other members of the coop have the same problem.
    Some people have 100% and some percentage more (written next to it). Others like me - who also gave more than asked - just have 100%.
    How is this possible ?

If you give extra to your own list, you only get 100%. If you give extra to the other players in your coop, you get a number in the last column. All members who started their order have to get to 100% and become green, in order for your coop to be able to work for the next deco the coming week. Otherwise you will be working for the same deco next week, as you were this week.
    I did not get anything in the Last chance Sunday column for a player that I helped get to 100%!!!
    WHY IS THIS??     Two in our coop - list says they need more apple pies.  There is small symbol of fruit pies with cream.  I am prevented from donating my apple pies to this member.  Message says "this coooperative member has to donate fruit pies with cream.     A third co op member - needs items I have but the am not allowed to cause "this cooperative member has to donate milk?

We have really worked hard this week to do well.  I was completely shocked when I saw this.  If we are to help each other on the 7th day then let us help each other!!!!!    
    When you try to help donate to your teammates list, it substitutes the items your teammate had to donate (say milk or eggs) for items from your Santa's List (in my case, lavender oil or summer bouquets). Since these are items I'm already in short supply of (because I completed my list & then some), it really limits how much we can help out.
    Thank you Raven68 and to a few game friends who saw this post and sent me PMS.  To further explain, The problem I was trying to describe was that if the member had that little symbol the game would not let me donate anything.  If members list said they needed apple pies but little symbol said member still needed to donate milk -- The system would not let me donate any apple pies. Yes I did have them in my inventory.  If there was not that little symbol I could donate whatever - but if that symbol was there - I would hit the green arrow and nothing happened.   That was my problem.    

With that said, now I am home from work, I checked again and it is allowing me to donate for members with that symbol.  I thought it rediculous and unfair that we are to help our co op members but then would let us (me) donate because member still had to donate something else.  But again - I am not having that problem now.  I was able to donate to co op members with that tiny symbol.   

With all the great people sending me answers, I assume the problem was isolated.  Perhaps I needed to just sign out and back or something like that.   Thanks again everyone for you prompt replies/pms.!!!
  • I maybe wrong in this but is seems that  -- 
     (well lemme xplain) 
    well look at your own santa list and think of each item as a line number.  When you go to donate to others - whatever they have on line five - you donate what YOU had on YOUR line 5.   If someone notices something else - then please advise.     

If my premise is true - make sure you keep storing up items that are on YOUR list even when your done.   for 7th day - its not about what they need so much as what line number (their needed item) is for YOU!.  You would give that product to donate no matter what other member needs on that corresponding line.   If your line 5 was eggs - then another's unfullfilled line 5 - you must donate eggs.    

It you farmers out there see that this is not correct please let us all know.   Just thought I would put the idea out there. 
  • edited 30.11.2015
    The post you want is by Latten on page 13 of this thread re: timing of last chance Sunday start.  US server was 6 hours after Germany start - which makes it midnight EST, 11pm CST, 10pm MST, 9pm PST.

What is not said is that it'll end 24 hours later.  We'll see soon, I guess.

Yes that is the post.  Thank You.  Here's the link to it:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/2718143/#Comment_2718143

CM Latten said on 11-26-15

Yes, should be exactly that, 12 midnight Saturday CET, except for the US/BRA/HIS countries (which are timed differently). Basically the same time as the daily quest reset usually happens.

All other countries/Servers go 12 midnight CET

-----------------------

P.S.  If you click on the date in any post that you want a link to, it will change to the address to that post in your address bar, then just copy paste it as needed. :-)

• I have finished my list alone and in 6 days - I even gave more than asked for because the game said this would upgrade the deco we will get.
    Today - next to my name there was written 100% - but nothing more. Other members of the coop have the same problem.
    Some people have 100% and some percentage more (written next to it). Others like me - who also gave more than asked - just have 100%.
    How is this possible ?

If you give extra to your own list, you only get 100%. If you give extra to the other players in your coop, you get a number in the last column. All members who started their order have to get to 100% and become green, in order for your coop to be able to work for the next deco the coming week. Otherwise you will be working for the same deco next week, as you were this week.
    I did not get anything in the Last chance Sunday column for a player that I helped get to 100%!!!
    It must have been less than 1% then. The % are stupid, since different produce does not take the same time and resources. If you are short 20% on eggs, that is much less difficult to fix than if you are short 20% on fruitcake.

And the second week is still to difficult for many players. I an very disappointed with GGS, I thought they would have listened, and that the wish list would be doable for most members in a coop. I can manage fine, but most players at levels below 80 will probable struggle, especially if they can't play many hours a day.

In the Christmas spirit, the amount should be set, so that everyone who plays for 1/2 to 1 hour in the morning, and 1/2 to 1 hour in the evening should be able to do the event.
  • If I do Santa's list the first week can I quite and not hurt the coop

Orieo

Its the same in our co-op, we had people up late helping others and they show 1% or 0%. I tell them not to worry about those numbers. We don't know how its figured or if its even accurate. GGS has had to recalculate before. ;)

I can say I'm not a big fan of the % showing (if its even correct by some standard) because some players can afford to donate more than others. It depends on how their farms are built, how often they can play, what products are needed, and who's online at the time. If we really need to know who is helping others, I think there could be a better way than showing the difference. I don't want people to feel bad because of the numbers that are based on who knows what....

In the Santa event the red ornament at the bottom left with igloo deco got a great border around it once everyone was at 100%,  That is all I noticed to be different
    What do you mean with great border?
    I noticed the deco you're currently working on, has a lime green / neon green border around. We completed the event yesterday afternoon, CET, and we had delivered even much more then was needed in extra donations. Still, there's no igloo in my inventory. My happiness level has risen with 11.955 points/procent.

Quality is still at 1/7. How does that work? When is the quality going up? Has anyone figured that out? Or are we all at 1/7?

Congrats to those co-ops who have been able to complete the first step. Good luck to those who want to give the first step another try. I hope you've gotten easier orders.

My new order (level 35 farm) now has 1040 lettuce (this is probably the only item I won't be able to make with only 60 lettuce every 7 hours, or 90 if use humus) , 110 fertilizer, 11,880 pigs (luckily I've got 3 pigsties and a full barn, so that should be rather doable), 510 cherries (yay, filled those out immediately!), 1400 Almonds and 1380 Almonds (The first is already half filled with everything I had in my barn, so I hope to be able to fill these both) and last but not least 9230 apples (with a bit of luck I should be able to complete these too without a hitch).
    My ducks won't be fed any lettuce anytime soon. They'll have to wait for next week......

Good luck to everyone!
  • CM Popeye said:

Overall difficulty of upcoming event steps has been decreased slightly
    LOL LOL LOL...no, just...no.

The 2nd week just started on my server, and my list for week 2 is considerably harder, including substantially more pigs and milk than before (which are the parts I didn't finish - despite several hours a day of active play and frequent quick checks to collect and renew, I only reached 98%, falling short by ~1 harvest of each).  Is the sh**storm of posts across multiple servers railing against this excuse for an event that hard to understand?  I mean it had potential but the execution is Bush league at best.

I'm sad that your behavior has no doubt been rewarded financially, but I do have to say good job of catering to your whales.  Why appease the masses who don't buy much (or any) if you don't have to, right?
  • This week's event is NOT any easier, and I am still not sure how this event works. Do I have to finish all the specific tasks for it to say 100%. Just to see what happens, I finished one task only without starting any of the others and it says only 14% done, so will the tasks I do not start be required to be finished for it to say 100% on Sunday???
  • This week's event is NOT any easier, and I am still not sure how this event works. Do I have to finish all the specific tasks for it to say 100%. Just to see what happens, I finished one task only without starting any of the others and it says only 14% done, so will the tasks I do not start be required to be finished for it to say 100% on Sunday???
    It's all-or-nothing.  If you put even 1 product from any item of the list, you need to complete all seven items to get 100% for that week.  And if my understanding is correct, everybody in your co-op must either be at 0 or 100 for the co-op as a whole to advance for that week.  So in your case if you don't finish the other six items, your whole co-op is penalized.
  • I have spent most of the day reading all of the posts on the US and EN Forum and corresponding with my Co-op – 19 members and will be 20-21very soon.  I use both forums because I started on the EN Forum and LOVE it.  I have many Co-op members on both forums.  I am posting this summary on both forums for that reason.

The Santa’s List event has the potential to be a whole lot of fun, and we were all very excited about it. But, IMO there are still many problems with it.

1.  The Instructions were not clear in the beginning and left out the times that the event would start and end times for the 7th day.  Since this is different on different servers, IMO it is a very important point to be included in ALL new events. We all know everything is in GGS CMT –German time, but we should be told what time that is going to be so that we can calculate our own local corresponding times.  Then everyone has the same time available right from the start.

2.  There are still many players on both forums asking about what happens if….., players don’t play, players don’t finish, if some finish, but not all, etc.  Though many of those questions have been answered, the word is not out to all players.  I very strongly believe that there should be an addition to the official announcements for this event, including this information, the information about what products a player can donate on the last day and the times for different servers, etc. It was mentioned that they would be different from the player’s products that we were helping.  Why couldn’t we have been told ahead of time that we would need to “help” with the very same products that we ourselves were having trouble having enough of!!!!!!!  Many of those amounts were impossible even for ourselves!!!

3. Over the past year and 8 months or so, I have seen threads in the Forum in which, the author takes information from players or CM’s and adds it to the first post.  I think that it would be very good if a post such as Latten’s on the EN Forum (https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/2718143/#Comment_2718143) in which he told us about the times on 11-26-15, I have quoted his post below as an example.

“Yes, should be exactly that, 12 midnight Saturday CET, except for the US/BRA/HIS countries (which are timed differently). Basically the same time as the daily quest reset usually happens.

All other countries/Servers go 12 midnight CET”

****In the USA that is currently at (9 PM PST)

were 1) added to the official announcement or 2) Put in the first post—Important things to know:  by the CM’s  That way players could catch up on the official information easier than reading through hundreds and hundreds of posts and the information would not need to be repeated so many times on the Forum.  Many times very important information has been left out of Official Announcements.

**** Even with this information, the corresponding time on the US forum would be 9PM PST.  I just went to do some screen shots at about 20 min. to 9PM PST and all of the screens are blank now in preparation for week 2!  What if we had been trying to complete that last 100% order during this time!!! NOT FAIR GGS!!!!!

4.  This is supposed to be a Co-op TEAM event.  There were allowances made for Holiday Vacations and that is a good thing.  However a team event should inspire the team to do great team work TOGETHER.  The ability to have a player’s record erased if they do not complete it by removing them from the Co-op and then reinstating them, in my opinion does just the opposite and should not be part of this event or any other!  I know of NO other TEAM EVENT or TEAM SPORT in which a TEAM PLAYER OR TEAM MEMBER is asked to leave so that the team can win!  Then whatever contributation they were able to make is totally thrown in the trash!  The player also will not get the benefits from past Research when they are out of the Co-op working their farm.  The records of their contributations in farm dollars and gold to the Co-op, records of participation in past projects will all be erased.  I do know that some talked of doing this immediately, but I have also seen posts that they would be brought back the next day.

There are also players who resigned from their Coops fearing that they would hurt the Co-op.  Some players have even quit the game. Not good GGS!!!!!!

I stand my prior post (Scissors on the EN Forum, this is my answer to your post) I WILL NOT REMOVE ANY PLAYER FROM MY CO-OP JUST BECAUSE THEY FAIL TO REACH 100% ON THEIR LIST!  I personally do not feel that it is fair to them at all or fair to others that tried hard to have all of their work and efforts for the happiness points just thrown in the trash!  They have sacrificed their time to play the game, do the event and be part of my Co-op and I WILL NOT do that!!  This is my opinion on what is right and others can do as they want!

I read posts about what if I have a new Co-op member days into the event come and they start the event, just before it is to end!  Well, folks that is exactly what happened to me today!   I have had 2 other new members that I thoroughly told about the event BEFORE letting them in.  Then, this morning, one of my members that has been on a LOA and ill, came back!!!  I was so excited to have her back that I immediately sent the invite and began telling her not to touch the event.  But, being a high level, very good, very active player, she was at it before I could get the information out to her! Oopsie on my part!  This was early today-hours away from the end of the 7th day.  English is her 2nd language too and she does very well with it most of the time.  So, yes, your fears did come true in at least one Co-op!  LOL  She did pretty well filling up her order too, but of course there is just not time or resources to complete it.  For this week, it is not an issue. NO WAY am I going to remove her, she just came back to us, what kind of a welcome back greeting would that be! Also as someone pointed out on the EN forum, we have an international server in which many players use translators to play and the GGS staff should know as well that translations do not always get the “correct” information across. This game is for players of ALL players of all ages, incomes and time availability.  The event needs to be structured for that.  Players should NOT be penalized for honest mistakes, for not having enough money to spend, or in the case of players under 18 for not being able to spend money for gold.  Perhaps this event was designed with the movie ads in mind in which we got to choose 1 in 4 prizes, and could choose gold as a prize.  The surprise boxes are a joke and I have not had any of them for several days on either browser (IE, Google Chrome) now.  I can tell you that having a little more gold to play with was nice. I had even considered buying a bit more just for fun, a little naughty and nice, etc..  Then this morning, I clicked on Omar’s ship on the Island farm and somehow it opened to say that I did not have enough gold!!!  Yikes!! Thank goodness I had not collected the gold from my mine or all of my savings for the past weeks would have been totally wiped out!!!  Players have begged GGS to put in a Gold—are you sure you want to spend gold function into the game (it could be done so that players who don’t want it could shut it off too).  Many players do not buy gold because of this!  I’m disabled on a very tight fixed income, when I buy any gold, I want to be able to use it for it’s intended purpose and not lose it accidentally!!!   IMO GGS could easily do this, they just choose not to. So, IMO they lose out on a whole lot of gold sales!!  I may not buy a lot of gold, but I sure work hard to train a lot of players and support the forums and that IMO is valuable to the game too, and some of those players I know have bought gold too.

Events that have the potential to try to “force” players to buy gold, or use peer pressure for them to spend money they don’t have, or make them feel like less than a team player because they have families, work, etc, cause miscommunications, break apart Co-ops and have players leave the game do nothing to inspire Co-op teamwork or gold buying, or long term players.

Gee GGS don’t you understand the primary principal of any business- HAPPY CUSTOMERS (PLAYERS) MAKE GREAT CUSTOMERS AND A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS!!!!

There are a whole lot of players that are NOT happy with this event, especialy at the Holiday –

Christmas time! Most businesses want to do something nice for their customers now!! Come on GGS, please fix this event, it could be such fun!! Make it fair for all players, if some like a hard challenge, make different levels!  Lower the amounts so we can have fun with it!  Make the “help fair too” If I am helping someone else, let me help them with the products they needed  from the start, not from my empty stores! I had to do 4,510 olives and 1,600 sweet scented oil which required olives too!  I had 1 olive orchard level 5 – 85/6 hrs. or 2,040. Even with 2 maxed out level 7 Olive Orchards I could only make 95/6 hours or 4,560 olives if I never missed a harvest.  I even bought $4,059,000 in olives, so my co-op would not have to help me. Then, when I went to help others who could not do step 5 and 6, my olives and oil, it wanted the same amounts!!  NO WAY, IMPOSSIBLE, without tons of gold which I cannot do IMO totally wrong GGS!  I do hope that GGS will do more to make this right!!!!! Lower the numbers please!!! We have families, holiday shopping, decorating, parties, children, work, etc. This should be fun!!!! I have worked VERY hard to build my Co-op and they do not like this event either, but they still worked very hard at it!  We can only hope that the 2nd week is better and that GGS makes some additional changes!

My Co-op will not complete Week 1 at 100%.  Some are at 100%, yes.  We have players from brand new to well over a year of playing and maybe even older than that of all levels!  I am  VERY proud of all of their efforts and participation in this event! They ALL did a GREAT job and will keep the happiness points that they have earned!!! 

This discussion has been closed.