Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Wish List - Your questions and comments

Comments

• This santa wishlist thing sucks bigtime!!

I was having éverything i needed, ánd everything others needed and now i can't help because they changed the list. WTF how do we have to get 20.000 fruitcakes? or almond? we can't!!!

not exactly a christmas spirit when no-one can help another. stupid game!
  • Wow, just wow. Well, I could not really help any co-op members...and I was pretty loaded on everything but what my list had already drained me of... My list already wanted the not possible 6610 almond muffins, but now wants me to fulfill that same amount of muffins for a player that was donating apples originally. :( I could have done apples to help, but I don't think Sunday Help day is going to be a very good day. People won't be able to help anyone if they even attempted to fill their own list.

Other members needed eggs, apple pies, cabbages, apples, I could have helped with all of those items, but I can not donate 920 Sweet Scented Oils to assist to make up for the lack of eggs for another member!!! I tried to remain positive until today, just held out hope this would be what made the event a little more doable. It's not going to happen. Not one person in my co-op could make it happen, lots of players tried, but even with help today, not one of us will hit 100%.  :'(
  • SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    This is the worst yet. As I said from the beginning, I will NOT participate in this event. It has caused a lot of bad feelings between players and really messed up some coops.
  • cedie3 (US1)cedie3 (US1) US1 Posts: 183
    Where is the list of what specific items other members have given? I know this must be right under my nose--but I've been looking for days.  Thanks--:)
  • CM Popeye said:
    Hey there, There is a last chance every Sunday where you will be given the chance to help each other get to 100%. If you had points left over from donating more than needed, you can use them to make up for the missing happiness but the visual upgrades will be lost.

Stan
    What happens when you have extra but can't help your coop with anything you have saved ???

• Cookiie4me (US1)Cookiie4me (US1) Posts: 704
    edited 29.11.2015

I think it is so sad that ggs is clueless about the negative impact of their latest implementation. But I am not surprised. There are enough people that are completely thrilled by this event that ggs is sure to do it again. Maybe it will be like the co-op challenge and we will get to do it every other month. Then it will replace the hard worker event, so it will occur whenever there is no co-op challenge. I think there are not enough voices opposed to the event.

I am one of those people doing well in this event.  I hope they do bring it back  because this is an event small coops can do better in than bigger coops.  Every time the CC challenge comes around I ignore it because I know a 2 person coop cannot compete with the big coops.  I stay out of it and I don't get on the forums complaining about an event I don't participate in.  And I spent NO gold to complete my list; I did it by working my farm.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460

This is truly, and totally, the fault of GGS and whoever thought that this would be a way to bring coops together during the holidays. Like I said before in my first post, finding ornaments around the farm and getting a Christmas tree was enough. It was a very widely accepted way to celebrate the arrival of the season and there was no reason to change it.

Instead, we're sitting here discussing how to deal with inactive members because of this horrendous event? People that were valued members of a team that decided that this time, they're going to actually enjoy their lives outside this game during Thanksgiving no doubt. I'm not booting a single person from my team if they choose being part of their family and friends' lives. We shouldn't be condemning them for this measly decoration. It's not worth the work. I agree that the game itself is becoming demanding. Now I see my own coop members coming on here and saying they're going to quit the game.

Thanks GGS. Way to completely mess up the coop dynamic. This event has brought the worst of what is supposed to be a time of togetherness.
    This is so well said all I can say is I agree.

This game has become way to demanding. GGS needs to understand the less happy people are the less money that is spend on the game.

This is a business for GGS well then listen to the customer and tone down the events before you have no customer.
  • The whole co-op will work again on game step 1, which is the first visual deco upgrade, but presumably the orders will be different.
    I surely hope so, because the items wanted this week are all donated. First for myself and today for helping others.
  • Brownie here, and again, all I have to say is BRAVO!!  This game has provided us with another challenge and we at Oasis are up for it.

So, anyone out there up for some fun and comradery, grab yer tie dyes out of the closet, put on the Berkies and get down in some old school fun. Think outside of the computer for just a sec and free your mind from the trappings of the nay sayers.  After all, can you name a band that hasn't tore up a hotel room or two? Woohoo,  ROCK ON!! 

• I think it is time to stop bashing GG and try to figure out what the real problem is with the "Santa's Wish List" event.  I am in a two person CO-OP with my wife so we have great communications.  However communications in a large CO-OP no matter what rank they may be is a lot harder.  First thing to remember is if your CO-OP does participate in the event a prize is guaranteed.  Maybe not the best but a prize just the same.  So even if you tank it your CO-OP still has something to show for its effort.  Had I been a leader in a larger CO-OP I would have instructed my members who were unsure about participating or knew they did not want to participate to do nothing for the event.  Sighting that partial participation would hurt the CO-OP.  The members who chose to participate would be required to put in a full effort.  This is truly a CO-OP event where every person is dependent on the other members.  Maybe the leaders who are usually on target might have missed the mark on this one.  Well, dung happens.  I think this event or one like it will be back and let us learn from our mistakes and conquer it next time around.  
  • Mira (US1)Mira (US1) Posts: 103
    I think it is time to stop bashing GG and try to figure out what the real problem is with the "Santa's Wish List" event.
    I think it is time to stop speaking for everyone else and providing opinions on other people's opinions, when every (mostly) paying customer is entitled to voice their feedback.  Just because you did not find this event unreasonable in either resource or time requirement does not invalidate anyone else's thoughts on the matter, unless you don't care if you end up with a game that only you play.
  • Please, what does the percentage mean in the Last Chance Sunday Box. I have a 1%, but I finished early Saturday. Can some one help explain. Thanks.

• I think it is so sad that ggs is clueless about the negative impact of their latest implementation. But I am not surprised. There are enough people that are completely thrilled by this event that ggs is sure to do it again. Maybe it will be like the co-op challenge and we will get to do it every other month. Then it will replace the hard worker event, so it will occur whenever there is no co-op challenge. I think there are not enough voices opposed to the event.

I am one of those people doing well in this event.  I hope they do bring it back  because this is an event small coops can do better in than bigger coops.  Every time the CC challenge comes around I ignore it because I know a 2 person coop cannot compete with the big coops.  I stay out of it and I don't get on the forums complaining about an event I don't participate in.  And I spent NO gold to complete my list; I did it by working my farm.

I completed the first week and once we able to help our fellow co-op members went to work helping them. Yes I was not happy about having to donate olives for citrus but what I did learn from this 1st week is 1) you need to have a well rounded farm that you work hard 2) keep your barns full of supplies and 3) you need to have a co-op that competes against itself to see who can donate the needed items the fastest. I donated what I could before going to bed last night and when I woke up the whole co-op was at 100% including the one player who only completed 3% of their list. It is all about teamwork.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 29.11.2015
    Please, what does the percentage mean in the Last Chance Sunday Box. I have a 1%, but I finished early Saturday. Can some one help explain. Thanks.
    Did you finish all 7 items? I think the 1% is the percent that you helped others/others helped you on Sunday

• I hope some of you are having as much fun as we are on last chance Sunday. We started out concerned that we would not be able to fill so many orders to get everyone to 100%. But everyone is working together, lots of chatter, and we have only one of the 7 items that is left to fill on 9 farms. Starting to feel very optimistic about finishing this week.
  • I struggled to finish m my orders for apple pie and almonds. And guess what my co-op members need on Last Chance Sunday:  apple pies and almonds.

I have a stockpile of fruit pies and milk and apples to donate because members said that was what they were struggling with. But, no!  I'm not allowed to help out with those. I have to do the very thing that I struggled to finish for my own orders.

Last Chance Sunday has ended up being a NO CHANCE Sunday!

Oh, and 3 members left the co-op to avoid hurting the group. We've struggled to build our co-op and now we've gone backwards.

Change the event for next week. If I see an enormous list again, I'm not playing.  I can ignore the event just fine.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I think it is time to stop bashing GG and try to figure out what the real problem is with the "Santa's Wish List" event.  I am in a two person CO-OP with my wife so we have great communications.  However communications in a large CO-OP no matter what rank they may be is a lot harder.  First thing to remember is if your CO-OP does participate in the event a prize is guaranteed.  Maybe not the best but a prize just the same.  So even if you tank it your CO-OP still has something to show for its effort.  Had I been a leader in a larger CO-OP I would have instructed my members who were unsure about participating or knew they did not want to participate to do nothing for the event.  Sighting that partial participation would hurt the CO-OP.  The members who chose to participate would be required to put in a full effort.  This is truly a CO-OP event where every person is dependent on the other members.  Maybe the leaders who are usually on target might have missed the mark on this one.  Well, dung happens.  I think this event or one like it will be back and let us learn from our mistakes and conquer it next time around.  
    A prize is Not guaranteed. You get nothing except hard work rewards unless everyone is at 100% I don't consider feed and a few horseshoes a prize
  • Cookiie4me (US1)Cookiie4me (US1) Posts: 704
    edited 29.11.2015
    I think it is time to stop bashing GG and try to figure out what the real problem is with the "Santa's Wish List" event.
    I think it is time to stop speaking for everyone else and providing opinions on other people's opinions, when every (mostly) paying customer is entitled to voice their feedback.  Just because you did not find this event unreasonable in either resource or time requirement does not invalidate anyone else's thoughts on the matter, unless you don't care if you end up with a game that only you play.
    BabaZeba wasn't speaking for anyone but himself. His opinion is as valid as yours.   You just don't care for any voice that doesn't agree with yours.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 29.11.2015

OKAY - you can chop my head of if you wish ....... but I do love this challenge!!!

WE DID IT!! An hour ago our cooperation finished the first week of this event with 100% !!! We worked together in harmony and talked each step over (chat never was busier) and everybody was able to help everybody. Sometimes with only a small donation, other times with larger donations. 2 of us waited till midnight CET when this *last chance Sunday* started to figure things out and practice the system. And this morning these 2 were able to instruct all others when they cam online. 2 others watched Santa's List carefully and kept track of who should be donating what to whose order(s).... and everything we did was aimed at getting our barns again as full as possible before midnight. Around 2 pm we had all orders finished 100% except for 1, and everybody chipped in with bits and pieces to finish that one too. Only 1 member left the coop this afternoon (we all cheered/applauded him in the chat) and will come back first thing tomorrow morning! We copied him in on all steps taken up to now to keep him informed.

Hard? Yes, it was hard - especially when you have 2-4 orders asking for the same product(s); one needs to plan a tight schedule and we all used our kitchen alarms again (as we are all often AFK)  ;), but it was doable. And yes, me and my deputies sometimes thought their head would explode this morning ... there was so much to talk over and so much to check - but that's all forgotten ... because WE DID IT!! 

FYI: most of us do have a job, or a household with kids, or are otherwise busy (I myself was away for 2 days this week) and up until now none of us used gold to get there. Yes, we bought goods when necessary and we used our Farm Flash frequently. We just leave our Market Contracts with the same products as on Santa's List idle, and ignore the neighbors. Only once I couldn't send my ship away in time, it had to wait +2 hours in the harbor for goods I first needed for Santa's List.

This challenge forces us to work even more together than ever before; we first discussed each step to take before taking it and if we needed to bring individual offers, everybody seemed willing to do so. I experienced that as long as you explain things well to your members, they will cooperate and are glad to help out. This challenge has boosted the spirits and enlivened the chat again ... Solidarity already was great within the coop but is now even bigger! Needless to say I am and we all are so incredibly proud of our cooperation!! 
    :) 

Very much looking forward to proceed this challenge for the next 4 weeks.

We may be able to reach that Ice Castle, may be not. But we will certainly give it our best efforts and main thing is we do have fun!

Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • Okay, so most of my co op members were required to produce the same items for the wish list and have done a fabulous job but almost all of us have fallen short of the requirement as there just wasn't enough time to produce the required items.  And now, we need to donate the same items that we are out of (due to trying to complete our wish list) to help the others -- I thought we were going to be given different items.   Impossible!
  • For our co-op, Last Chance Sunday seems to be about topping off those members who are already 80% or more complete. We just can't donate the numbers needed to complete orders that haven't progressed very far. Nor do we want to empty our barns of bakery / flower shop / distillery inventory right before a new, more challenging order on Monday.

The key seems to be the decision made on Monday as to whether to start the order or not. We're recommending to our members to estimate their time/ability to complete the weeks order. If they don't think they can reach 80% by end-of-day Saturday, don't start the order on the previous Monday.

Although it may be a good way for individuals to opt out for that week, it also eliminates a lot of participation. I think it would be better to allow each farmer to select which of the 7 items they want to complete - then give a bonus for those farmers who complete all 7 items. That way everyone could help out (even if it was just 1 item) & not have to sit out the week. A suggestion.

It may be this event favors smaller co-ops or/and more rounded farms. If that is the case, then cool. Certainly the Co-op Challenge favors the larger co-ops & the more extreme factory farms.  We'll play both to the best of our ability and enjoy the experience.

• I think it is time to stop bashing GG and try to figure out what the real problem is with the "Santa's Wish List" event.

Mira, is not this an opinion on my opinion?  By the way I am a paying customer but I need no gold so far on this event.  I never invalidated anyone's opinion in my posting.  My post was intended to motivate and help others in the event. And I see you are not in a CO-OP, would you like to join ours and see how it's done?

one needs to plan a tight schedule and we all used our kitchen alarms again  ;), but it was doable. 

Congratulations on finishing, but to me the above is the antithesis of fun and what I look for in a game or entertainment.  This isn't my job, and I have no intention of setting alarms to check in on it when I have far greater areas of priority in my life that don't get enough attention as it is.  A tight schedule is also the last thing I desire especially if this is the easy week, approaching the holidays.

• DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50
    jiesta, how large coop? And dutch server I presume?

DoomDark
    edited 29.11.2015
    Mira, is not this an opinion on my opinion?  By the way I am a paying customer but I need no gold so far on this event.  I never invalidated anyone's opinion in my posting.  My post was intended to motivate and help others in the event. And I see you are not in a CO-OP, would you like to join ours and see how it's done?
    No.  Your opinion was fine, but telling people to "stop bashing GG" is an opinion on other people's opinions.  Clearly they deserve whatever feedback they have received, so they don't need you to stand up for them.  We all vote with our wallets.

Thank you for the offer, but I know perfectly well how it is done.  I opted out because I don't consider chaining myself to alarms or a computer for 5 weeks to be fun; it is the opposite and a chore for a meaningless reward I don't need or want.

The only reason many commented however is because it's more than clear with the level of dissent and stress caused by events such as this, there will soon be more of a mass exodus from the game if this is the direction things keep going.
  • Catca5 (NL1)Catca5 (NL1) Posts: 5
    edited 30.11.2015
    I think with all the problems it gives, Bigfarm should compensate for all the trouble. 

The goals are to high, and the fun is long gone. so how about giving everyone a nice deco for their hard work.

AND NEVER EVER COME UP WITH SOMETHING AS [bad]  AS THIS.. BLUGH!!
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    jiesta, how large coop? And dutch server I presume?

DoomDark
    Yep, on Dutch server NL1. We are with 17 members, and coming Wednesday 2 new members will join the coop. We grow slowly but we are not in a hurry and are quite selective in choosing our members. It is just a game, and none of us plays 24/7 - we all do have quite a busy life next to the pc.
    First we thought of skipping this whole event - but after a few powwows we decided to give it a try to see if we could really work together in true harmony ... in the true spirit of Christmas "work together in peace and good cooperation" - ..... and - well - WOW we did it!

one needs to plan a tight schedule and we all used our kitchen alarms again  ;), but it was doable. 

Congratulations on finishing, but to me the above is the antithesis of fun and what I look for in a game or entertainment.  This isn't my job, and I have no intention of setting alarms to check in on it when I have far greater areas of priority in my life that don't get enough attention as it is.  A tight schedule is also the last thing I desire especially if this is the easy week, approaching the holidays.

When you don't feel like it, then just skip the whole event. Everybody is free to do it or leave it. At our coop we like a good challenge but there are more, smaller and easier events to come for the holidays, so maybe these will be more attractive to you .... I am sure there is something for everybody during the month of December.
  • I have finished my list alone and in 6 days - I even gave more than asked for because the game said this would upgrade the deco we will get.
    Today - next to my name there was written 100% - but nothing more. Other members of the coop have the same problem.
    Some people have 100% and some percentage more (written next to it). Others like me - who also gave more than asked - just have 100%.
    How is this possible ?
  • whould be nice if they told us what to give. because 40.000 appels can be done.. but donating 40.000 jasmine essnce is a whole different story.. 

it's fun to do something with the whiole coop together, but lets be fair... this isn't... 
  • I tried going over the whole lot of discussions, in search of my question that if 1 or 2 players miss out to complete their orders 100^% then
     only these players play the 1st week again
        or
    Then whole Coop has to play the Week 1 again.
This discussion has been closed.