Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Wish List - Your questions and comments

Comments

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I know this has been talked about but will someone help me? I am EST So what time will my Help other in my coop start.

I know it will end at 11am on Sunday for me due to different time zone but I cannot seem to understand when it will start.

Thank you in advance.

• By my calculations and going by the original post saying we were going to have a full week of 7 24 hr days it should start in 13.5 hrs.  The event started at 2:30am for me.
  • Why are you playing this game if you are complaining about it.. Stop playing the game if you don't like it, don't just complain!
  • I have spent an insane amount of gold trying to complete this list and still have over 10,000 apples to go on the 27,000 + apple order request. Really I will not be spending anymore gold for anything on this list for the remainder of the month, The amount requested need to be more reasonable or this amount should be for the month not a week.....I'm spending money in this game that I could be using for my real Christmas list. Shame on me!!!!
  • Okay... I haven't seen anyone mention this yet...  On the special island, where you can produce X-Mas items... i see presents pop up all over the place, I click onto them, but, all they do is disappear... are we suppose to collect them??  If so, where are they going and where can i see how many I have collected?
  • where's the special island?
  • I have a plan for the event but i don't know if its completely insane so please help me. I would like to participate but not bust my money. I will spend half of the supplies on the event and the other half on whatever in my farm. Is this a terrible plan?
    I have a plan for the event but i don't know if its completely insane so please help me. I would like to participate but not bust my money. I will spend half of the supplies on the event and the other half on whatever in my farm. Is this a terrible plan?

The thing is if you do not complete 100% of each weeks orders you will not get the full deco. So your of only using half of your supplies will only work if you are never asked for more than that.

I have a plan for the event but i don't know if its completely insane so please help me. I would like to participate but not bust my money. I will spend half of the supplies on the event and the other half on whatever in my farm. Is this a terrible plan?

This problem with this is that you need to complete 100% of each order or all 5 weeks along with every one else in the coop in order for you and the members of your coop to get the whole deco.  So to only use half your supplies will only work if you help no one else and can fill 100% of your orders not using any more than half if what you have.

I do not think unless you are luckier than the rest of us will be asked for small amounts in your orders.

By my calculations and going by the original post saying we were going to have a full week of 7 24 hr days it should start in 13.5 hrs.  The event started at 2:30am for me.

Well that time has come and gone and I can see no way of helping my other coop members.

Am I missing something or dose EST not get a full 24 hours to help out or members?
  • LOL don't worry, i just been busting my behind.. and just realized that most of my CoOp are not even been logging on...  what a waste of my time.
  • I have a plan for the event but i don't know if its completely insane so please help me. I would like to participate but not bust my money. I will spend half of the supplies on the event and the other half on whatever in my farm. Is this a terrible plan?

This problem with this is that you need to complete 100% of each order or all 5 weeks along with every one else in the coop in order for you and the members of your coop to get the whole deco.  So to only use half your supplies will only work if you help no one else and can fill 100% of your orders not using any more than half if what you have.

I do not think unless you are luckier than the rest of us will be asked for small amounts in your orders.

thank you for not telling me im stupid and trashing my idea. I agree 100% with you.
  • Other can chime in, but I see one serious flaw in this thing.......this idea that everyone who starts must finish.  Let me say why.  I now have a bunch of people wanting to leave the coop in order to help the coop.  That simply cannot be ideal.  I understand that you want to widen participation.  And this event does that.  But this notion that one person can bring down the coop is not good.  I have other people who aren't doing any of it, because they are afraid of hurting the group.  Perhaps one way to address this would be to make the last chance day into 3 days.  Or just let people help people from the start.  But right now, this "all or nothing" approach seems to be harming participation as much or more than it helps it.  There is a rule in medicine......if the treatment is harming the patient, you stop the treatment.  The same should be considered here.

Don't misunderstand me.  I like the event.  It just needs some substantial tweaks.
    Agree 100%, it would be better if we could help others from the start or even half way through

We have a few in our co op that have done less than 20% now this is going to be a worry on how to fill their orders in 1 day.

I also like this event.

• on Sunday in theory could all members of the coop on different levels, help the same person by giving a different thing, I mean one have to give olives one corn etc all to replace the same item they have not finished, if so how is that calculated.
  • Whitecloud is a member of my co-op how sad is it that theres a feeling that if you are on a low level farm you should leave the co-op to not be doing damage during a quest. Truly sad! Please rethink this format.
    Whitecloud is a member of my co-op how sad is it that theres a feeling that if you are on a low level farm you should leave the co-op to not be doing damage during a quest. Truly sad! Please rethink this format.
    My Coop has 7 members we are just getting started there is no way I am going to let one of my member leave over this hair brained event.

It is truly a shame that anyone should feel or have to leave a coop due to a challenge when the reward is a 7x7 deco with poor happiness,

Shame on GGS for putting so much pressure on people and at this time of year when we are all double as busy with real life.
  • GG only wants our money.... so they force this type of game onto us, knowing how competative people are.

I personnally, will not be giving any money to this website...
  • I never see any forum Moderators online.. No one ever answers any questions.
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 29.11.2015
    The Green Thumb (US1) said:
    ...How do you think we are number one? Not by making foolish decisions. Brat Pack
    So if our co-op isn't in 1st place and/or we're not a member of your co-op, that makes the rest of us fools? Mentioning your co-op by name was a presumptive mistake equaled by your own presumptive reply.
    "Doing" something foolish is not the same as "being" a fool.  Please, don't make that foolish mistake again.

Thank you.

Green Thumb - I can't tell if you are trying to be angry, sarcastic w/ clever wording or funny, deep w/ a spiritual observation. Either way, I disagree.

We ARE what we DO. (If we farm, we are farmers; if we sing, we are singers) Are actions (what we do & what we say) are the most honest/truthful expression of our being.

I am certainly a fool beyond measure or count by my past actions & words. My only saving grace is to attempt to treat the Sacred Other w/ respect - especially when I'm angry. (not that I do that very well either)

Which leads me to the point of my previous email - to call foul when a person is being disparaged for being in 1st place, or snobbed (my word) for not being in 1st place, or shamed for using gold, or slandered for working at GGS. I call foul at the venom, nastiness & assumed evil motivations directed towards others - especially the people working hard for our entertainment at GGS.

New events in complex software on live servers w/ myriads of players is bound to have some initial problems. If we want quick, meaningful change, let's separate the emotion from the issues & address both graciously. Specific examples & suggestions are helpful. Remaining polite (even appreciative) when we are upset is especially helpful. I still don't know if I like this event, but I do know that I foolishly love this game.

monica1230 (US1) said:
    Once you donate to any of the 7 things on your list you have unlocked the whole order.  Not adding to 1 item doesn't leave that one locked it just means that come Sunday the rest of the coop will have to fill an alternate order to get you to 100% or you will fail your order.  If one person fails their order the whole coop has to try again to complete the first step the next week.  So do what you can for all parts of your order now that it is unlocked and then work with the rest of the team on Sunday to finish all unlocked/accepted orders.  Only names with a 0% in a grey bar are considered locked orders and don't count against the coop for the week.  Only players who unlocked and worked on orders during the week can do the Sunday help each other part.  If you never start your order you can not help the other players on Sunday
    Monica1230 - thanks so much for your help in clearing up this confusing point. :)
  • Is it not past 12 am Sunday morning in Germany now?  Why
    has last chance not started?
  • DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50
    edited 29.11.2015
    It has started...and oh boy what a joke it is. You need to donate same stuff you have been donating all week. And same amounts too, very funny if the another player is at 0% on a some product.

Sorry GGS, no presents under your tree this year.

DoomDark
  • Thanks DoomDark I am on US1 so still have approx 30 mins to wait
    since it isn't German time but GMT -5hrs.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Yeah last chance Sunday is stupid. I was under the impression we could donate the same goods other players needed but at higher amounts due to level BUT all its asking for is exactly the same goods we've just donated for our own orders. As a GGS strategy its genius as it will force gold use because most players have emptied their barns of these goods but from a gameplay point of view its a boring frustrating end to week 1 of this event.
  • just been on uk server.  you can view other players list and see what they have/had to donate.  items that you can fill on others list are replaced by items from your own list.
  • Wow this will be impossible to complete for my coop :worried: 
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    See it from the bright side. Next week you know that if a person has an order he can not finish at the bottom spot and you have a dung mission with your orders on that same spot, tell that person that he doesn't need to do something to that order as you can fill it with dung on the last sunday.

Why do people immediately  assume the worst with this event? If you talk to each other and do it like i told you it is an easy event.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 29.11.2015
    Oh come on I have to make 17K+ apple pies in 1 day. I have 1 bakery not 10 . This is beyond a joke  Thats my outstanding list
    Post edited by Lesley52 (GB1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Its grim because more often than not it will ask for the hardest goods in your order. Right now every order from other players in my group is only allowing me to donate apple pie even though their order was almond muffins. Last count I did is an estimate of about 10,000 apple pies I need to donate in 1 day to help others.....and this after i've already donated 7k apple pie filling my own order during the week. The "teamwork" aspect of this event is all a bit pointless because on Sunday what others needed is irrelevant.

• can anyone tell me what the different colours are for on the last chance sunday box are
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 29.11.2015
    Last chance sunday! Yeayy it's working really well, nice and easy, not complicated at all.

Though note to self: preparing ahead not worth it - we had asked eachother which of the orders we wont be able to finish on time, so those who were able started producing fellow farmers' orders too, however, there seems a 90% chance that it will ask you for a different product than what's on the person's list. I quite regret having donated surplus after reading that this could increase happiness further, it would have been much better if i had just kept it (ogling scented oils) in storage to donate to fellow farmers right now *sigh*

Aside from that, this last chance sunday thing is a great new game addition, feels good to be able to help out the others! 
This discussion has been closed.