Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Comments

• CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325

And if clicking on the heading of the thread it's a gamble of which page you'll end up, needing to scroll is guaranteed..
    Can this be somehow changed for the future? Like wherever you click on a thread header you will go to that thread, either first or last post according to your own preference? Like it was working in the old forum..?
    o_O Clicking on the thread title should always lead you to the last unread post (unless you marked a whole forum read, in this case the forum won't fall for your cheating and will show you the last unread post before marking them as read, since you didn't read them after all ;)).

The space between thread title and name of last poster is relatively small. I reckon you are absolutely sure you didn't accidentally click any area closer to the name than to the title?

Can we delete our posts?  I didn't see any way to do it?

CM's Can you please tell me if our posts are going to be numbered someday soon, I hope?

Deletion is not possible. Else some user could decide to just delete all their stuff and make a mess out of existing discussions by removing context.

Post numbering is in discussion, cannot give any definitive info on that as Vanilla doesn't offer this function by default (as a setting that we could just turn on).
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 22.10.2015
    CM Nafaru said:
    o_O Clicking on the thread title should always lead you to the last unread post (unless you marked a whole forum read, in this case the forum won't fall for your cheating and will show you the last unread post before marking them as read, since you didn't read them after all ;)).
    Errm... no I have never clicked the "mark everything as read" bit.. I was just saying that when clicking on a header it does not always take you to the last post. Im not enough of a computer whizz to know how to cheat a forum anyhow, nor do I see the point of doing so.
    Was wondering if anyone else had experienced this, what i (wrongly?) assumed was a technical issue of the new forum.

The space between thread title and name of last poster is relatively small. I reckon you are absolutely sure you didn't accidentally click any area closer to the name than to the title?

Yes in fact that's exactly what happened. I was asking if ggs will consider changing this, make the entire surface of a thread-header as a link to the actual thread, because i vaguely remember this was the case in the old forum, but i could be wrong.

Edit: Or one cleans their glasses and aims to click the first word of the header, far far away from any names, like a very dear and clearly wise friend of mine suggested :D xx
    I suppose my complaint about where to click the header properly is quite silly afterall, im more annoyed with myself than anything that i keep managing to hop around different pages and forums just because i wasnt smart and patient enough to point the mouse carefully for a mere second..
    Post edited by Michiru (GB1) on
  • Here is one way that I can reproduce, that always takes me to Germany....
    • Get a Notification that someone has selected your answer to their question as correct.
    • The word "Your" is clickable (I assume its meant to take you to your answer) but instead it tries to take you to the profile page for username "Your"
    • You end up on https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/profile/Your saying "User not found"
    • Click any tab, categories, discussions etc & you will be sent to the German forum

• edited 28.10.2015
    What happened to the Underline Icon at the top next to the Italic I ?  

How can I format text to change the font, color, or size? I know I did some of this before, but now I can't seem to find where to do it.  I see the format section to the left of the happy face above, but it doesn't have much there. :confused: 

I have space on both sides of my Halloween picture.  How can I place text there?  I can only do it above or below. 

Are they going to number the posts for us, please, please, please?

I'd also like to have a go to the bottom or go to the last post button. 

When I multi-quote I cannot get to the space in between the posts, unless I use the </> button to change to HTML format and then try to find where to make a space.  If I post in the box of the post I am quoting it makes it difficult to see which are my comments. Can they please add a couple spaces between posts when multi-quoting so we can put our comments between the posts?

@CM Latten or @CM Nafaru Please comment.  Thank You!
  • When I ask a question in Player to Player.  I am being notified at my home e-mail address when someone replies to my question.  I have ALL of my notifications set to pop-up and saved. While I appreciate everyone who has replied, I really want the answer notifications to only come to me on the forum.  How can I stop this from coming to my home e-mail? 

Thank You

@CM Latten @CM Nafaru

• How to upload image on signature?

What happened to the Underline Icon at the top next to the Italic I ?  

How can I format text to change the font, color, or size? I know I did some of this before, but now I can't seem to find where to do it.  I see the format section to the left of the happy face above, but it doesn't have much there. :confused: 

I have space on both sides of my Halloween picture.  How can I place text there?  I can only do it above or below.
    The underline option has never been there in this editor. Neither have options to color or format text further. If you would like to have more text options, you will have to use custom HTML for the time being. Here is a simple html guide. If you would like to underline something <u> and </u> will do the trick.

As for image wraparounds, this requires a little more profound HTML knowledge. Maybe a code-savvy Big Farmer can help you out. :)

When I ask a question in Player to Player.  I am being notified at my home e-mail address when someone replies to my question.  I have ALL of my notifications set to pop-up and saved. While I appreciate everyone who has replied, I really want the answer notifications to only come to me on the forum.  How can I stop this from coming to my home e-mail?

Have you checked that all e-mail related ticks are removed and then saved all changes by scrolling all the way down and clicking the respective button?
    It could also help to check if you have bookmarked discussions that you're getting notifications for. Clicking the star icon will remove them from your bookmarks.

How to upload image on signature?

You can either upload your image on any image hosting site (e.g. imgur.com) or use a little trick.

In any forum section, add the image to the text box using the attachment icon. Once the image shows up (no need to save), right click the image and copy image URL. This can then be added to the signature.
  • FYI...... from Wrascally Wabbit -Moderator on the US forum

Hi Craftycritters,

Both post numbering & improved search filters are on the list of requested improvements, so fingers-crossed we will get them at some point. In the meantime, as a workaround, if you click on the time/date stamp on the green bar for a particular post, you should then get a direct link to that post in the address bar, that you can copy/paste to refer someone to that post.

***** It really works too!!!  No more -refer to page # and the # post down!!!  More improvements to come!  YEAH!!!!
  • edited 03.11.2015
    CM Nafaru said:

When I ask a question in Player to Player.  I am being notified at my home e-mail address when someone replies to my question.  I have ALL of my notifications set to pop-up and saved. While I appreciate everyone who has replied, I really want the answer notifications to only come to me on the forum.  How can I stop this from coming to my home e-mail?

Have you checked that all e-mail related ticks are removed and then saved all changes by scrolling all the way down and clicking the respective button?
    It could also help to check if you have bookmarked discussions that you're getting notifications for. Clicking the star icon will remove them from your bookmarks.

@CM Nafaru

I have all of the notifications marked for pop-up as they were when I posted this.  I am still getting notifications in my home e-mails whenever someone posts an answer to my Player to Player questions that I have posted.  How can I stop these from coming to my home e-mail?  I do want them in my pop-up notifications. Thank You.

This is from my home e-mail. 

Here is my notification screen. Nothing is marked under the e-mail section. All pop-up sections are marked.

• I also have all email options disabled & I still get emails related to "questions". I think the reason is that there is no option to set regarding questions in preferences, so it is stuck on the default, which is to send emails.

I think the default should be NOT to send emails, as it is better for people to choose to get them, rather than have their email filled up before they even knew that there were options they needed to set.
  •  Agreed Scissors, default should be no e-mail.  I notices that there was no option for the player to player questions either.  Maybe they will add one. :-)
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 11.11.2015
    I cannot open my forum mail no matter what I try.  HELP~!~!

Edited_
    Weird, I was able to send a mail, but still cannot read any.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 11.11.2015
    Sounds silly maybe, but I do play the game on a different browser than I read the forum (+ forum mail). Game on IE and forum on Chrome or Opera - as it won't work in IE.

Could this be the case, @adoptapet (US1) ?

Can't think of anything else, because I am sure you already went through all the list of clear caches, log out + in again, refresh .... etc. Otherwise a ticket to Support is the only possibility left.

Hope things will be solved quickly for you!  ;)
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • Thanks Jiesta.  Yep  did all the clearing.  Since then I got another email that I could open, but still cannot open the other one.  Probably some staticky gremlin got into it.  But since I was able to send a mail, and open one since, I guess the issue is solved.

I only play and go to forum on one browser, but I do visit both EN and US forums.  Thought that may have been the problem, but it wasn't.  I am getting sent to Germany, etc. on and off today, so I think more gremlins may be around. 
  • It'a annoying I totally dislike the new forum and can do nothing more than try to figure it out...sigh. Where and how do you post a new thread now or post under a heading? I am lost in this new miserable hassle blah...blah...blah  :(  :/  :s  :'( 
  • It'a annoying I totally dislike the new forum and can do nothing more than try to figure it out...sigh. Where and how do you post a new thread now or post under a heading? I am lost in this new miserable hassle blah...blah...blah  :(  :/  :s  :'( 
    You have to pick the area that the thread should be in, then the option of a new thread will appear at the top, "New discussion"  For example, go to technical help, the look at the top.
  • @Edna d (US1)  You are not alone, but apparantly the new forums are a work in progress & will improve over time. If you click the "Categories" tab, you can see all the forum sections (they are also listed on the righthand side of the page. Once you click on a category & open it, you will see a brown button with "New Discussion" on it, thats how you start a new thread.

You can click on the "Discussions" tab or the "New Discussions" link on the right, to get a list of threads with new posts on them & click the cog on the black bar at the top & go to preferences to stop everything from being sent to your email. :)
  • Thank you both so much I will give it a try <3
  • Hey RunsWiv Scissors how do you create a signature like yours? I would really like to have one. 
  • Hey RunsWiv Scissors how do you create a signature like yours? I would really like to have one. 
    If you post a request on the signature thread giving some details of what you would like on your signature, you will probably get a few to choose from. :)
    To post your signature, click on your name at the top, then on preferences and at the right are all the places for your signature settings, thumbnail, etc. 
  • @CM Nafaru  or @CM Latten  

Please respond to my post about getting e-mails at home from the Player to Player questions, no way to stop them in the preferences.  It's very annoying and I would like it to stop. My post is here with pics:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/2678623/#Comment_2678623

Also, please answer these questions:
         When are the posts going to be numbered? Looks like they are (see link above), because I was told to click on the date for a post to be able to reference back to it.  Can we just please see these numbers all the time? Nice to at least be able to get an address to refer to as in the address above, even better than only the numbers, but I want to see the numbers too, please.  I need them when moving about in the forum and if I need to know where I left off.  I know it takes you to the last post read, but what if I can't take the time to catch up on all right then and want to come back to it?
         When will we have a better search for the Forum?
        Can the Disagree, Agree, Like, and LOL at the bottom of the posts, just be visible all the time, instead of requiring us to put our cursor over them?  How about a Don't Like too?
         When will there be some help screens for the forum?
         Can we please have a go to the end button?  And a Go to the bottom button?

Thank You!

• Gamer11 (GB1)Gamer11 (GB1) Posts: 8
    edited 15.11.2015
     @NafaruI have earnt 5 different badges in one day but I still have not got the combo badge. How is this happening? I want my combo badge!
  • Thanks guys that was really helpful. 
  •  @NafaruI have earnt 5 different badges in one day but I still have not got the combo badge. How is this happening? I want my combo badge!
    @Gamer11 (GB1) This a known issue that has already been reported, there are several other people also still waiting for that particular badge.

Please respond to my post about getting e-mails at home from the Player to Player questions, no way to stop them in the preferences.  It's very annoying and I would like it to stop. My post is here with pics:
    (...)
    Also, please answer these questions:
         When are the posts going to be numbered? (...)
         When will we have a better search for the Forum?
        Can the Disagree, Agree, Like, and LOL at the bottom of the posts, just be visible all the time, instead of requiring us to put our cursor over them?  How about a Don't Like too?
         When will there be some help screens for the forum?
         Can we please have a go to the end button?  And a Go to the bottom button?

Mails for player to player questions should be fixed with the next forum update, this is a global Vanilla issue currently happening.

I have no information yet on if posts can be numbered with Vanilla (not seen any examples yet) and can hence give no ETA.
    Possibilities for a better search is being discussed currently, no ETA yet.
    I will forward your idea to make reactions visible at all times. We will not add any negative reactions and remove existing ones in an upcoming update.
    What kind of help screens are you talking about? What are you looking for?

@NafaruI have earnt 5 different badges in one day but I still have not got the combo badge. How is this happening? I want my combo badge!
    The Combo Badge seems to not work currently. Bug report has been filed.
  • But will I ever get it?
    But will I ever get it?
    Unfortunately we cannot say for sure if the badge can be granted retroactively. :(
  • @CM Nafaru  

I would like to see general help screens about everything on the forum.  When I joined BF with the old forum I had never really used a forum before for any length of time.  The help screens there helps me learn all about it.

How do the groups work?  Is this like a little e-mail group for a bunch of selected players, like maybe something I could use to post training for my co-op?  The e-mail in game is really lousy, can't even put in a decent title and no space at all.

** When I multi quote something as I am reading the posts and then find my response has already been entered by someone else, I am not able to delete that quoted post from my reply box.  I have had to go to the drafts and remove it there.  Is there a better way or does this need to be a request?

**I am still unable to click on the CM's name when doing the @CM function or use any of the smilies when I use IE 8.1 as my browser.  The typing also lags behind on the screen what I have typed on the screens, been this way for awhile now and I have noted it on the forum before.  Tonight when I tried to use google Chrome for the Forum, I cannot get logged in on it, keeps logging me off.  Yes, cleared cashes rebooted, programs up to date, etc.

Thanks.

• This has all changed
    On the old forum i could see when a player started playing game
    now i cant find it on this new forum
    How do i find out how and when a player started playing the game ???
Sign In to comment.