Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Wish List - Your questions and comments

Comments

• The hotfix for the Santa event sounds the only reasonable thing to do except for 1 thing : GGS should also return the donated goods that exceed Santa's wanted quantity, due to the original settings of the donate max button.
    I lost all my dung this way and cannot run the silo and therefore not run my apples, cherries, almonds and peaches. That also means I have a problem filling the boat and finishing the current Asia event.
  • Thank you Big Farm this wil help a lot!
  • GoodFarmer88 (INT1)GoodFarmer88 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 36
    edited 26.11.2015
    @KimmieCat That would be like you have donated more dollars for your coop that you wanted, and you number things that you would find better to spend for. Be careful with donation button. It is meant for this- when someone has more than enough of some good and wants to increase points of happiness of their deco. You will be credited with dollars for that number of goods above 100%, too (not for dung, though, i mean in general).

• CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey guys, The hotfix has now been deployed. Please let me know what you think about the changes that were made =)

-Stan
  • Thanks for the confirmation, @CM Nafaru :smiley: 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    CM Latten said:

How about this question....
    If a person has to donate, for example 2000 muffins.  If a person donates those 2000 muffins, and then donates an additional 2000 muffins......will the first 2000 (the required ones) have the same impact on the score and the second 2000?
    I'm relatively sure that the answer is 'no' - after a while the curve for additional happiness will get flattened out, so the more gets donated, the less happiness you'll get out of it.
    Yes, I have found that it flattens out quite quickly.  Too quickly I would argue.
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    Gimme Gimme Gimme an order for dung, i only have 2 million dung and i prefer to get dollars for it as there is no way i can get ride of this crap. It also helpful to got more happiness for our animated decoration. Gimme Gimme Gimme
  • @KimmieCat That would be like you have donated more dollars for your coop that you wanted, and you number things that you would find better to spend for. Be careful with donation button. It is meant for this- when someone has more than enough of some good and wants to increase points of happiness of their deco. You will be credited with dollars for that number of goods above 100%, too (not for dung, though, i mean in general).

That is not quite correct.....if you get back the excess donation, there are 3 days left to donate extra if you want to. Now people have lost large amounts before the max-button was changed. Most of do not need that money but do need the goods for playing.
    Donating extra should be a choice you make intentionally.....not a choice that GGS makes for them. Or one must have the option to take back some of the extra donations.
    I would even be willing to pay more for it than I get credited. Now I am confronted with a problem that would not have existed , had the button worked the way it works after the hotfix.
  • I didn't notice any change in how button works. On the right is still max button, so it gives all that you have in barns, and down is button you can move so you can decide how much you will give, just enough or more. I think it worked like that before. What did you notice?
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Thanks for the gesture, but it's still no good.  Since I mistakenly contributed to the order before I realized what a suck fest this is, what I really need is the ability to take back my participation in the week entirely so that my co-op will not be required to fill my incompletable items.
  • To CM Popeye - ok so I have a question - when it says you can choose to skip a donation and it won't affect the coop going to the next level.... does this mean you cannot donate anything in the list at all???? is the 100% needed for the whole list or just each thing you start in the list... idk if i'm making any sense but I don't know how else to put my question! LOL
    Hi Tiggergirl have you found the answer to your question?  We have the same questions, if you found the answer please let us know.

Thnx ;-)
  • I didn't notice any change in how button works. On the right is still max button, so it gives all that you have in barns, and down is button you can move so you can decide how much you will give, just enough or more. I think it worked like that before. What did you notice?
    When you have more on stock than needed for Santa, it stop at the amount needed for Santa and it does no longer donate all of your stock. But you only see that when you have more stock than needed.
  • I was very happy to log in this morning and find I had been compensated over 4 million dollars for my Santa tree contributions.  So a big thank you to you Stan (CM Popeye) and the developers who got the fix done so fast.

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!!!

PS to Cheshi -- HUG  HUG  HUG!!!
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    The hotfix for the Santa event sounds the only reasonable thing to do except for 1 thing : GGS should also return the donated goods that exceed Santa's wanted quantity, due to the original settings of the donate max button.
    I lost all my dung this way and cannot run the silo and therefore not run my apples, cherries, almonds and peaches. That also means I have a problem filling the boat and finishing the current Asia event.
    I rarely come in defence of BF team, but in this case I can't see any fault on their side. It has been clear from original OA that it is possible to donate more then the order requests. Since it is a brand new event with new mechanics nothing can be rigthfully expected to be "as usual". What is to blame here is famous "click-click-click, then think and regret later" playing style. When a new thing arrives we are supposed to study the instruction, study the game, and play with caution. Watch and think what we are doing. You sound like you¨ve been around BF for eternity and you don't know that with GGS games no surprise is forbiden? :)

• @CM Latten or @CM Nafaru 

1) In the pic from Santa's Wish List below, the number 1/7 below the star, says Quality if I put my cursor over it.  So Our Deco at the moment has a Quality of 1 out of a possible 7 for the Quality of our Deco.

2) For the number 17.775 on the star on the tree top, when I put my cursor over it, it says Happiness Value Determined By Player Level.  Is this the Happiness from my individual contributions for this week or the happiness from our whole Co-op for the Deco so far?

Also, CM's please answer these questions officially.

3) Would you please tell us in official GGS-German time and date when the 7th day will start and end?  We need to adjust our schedules for our individual time zones.  Nafaru said that the event started later than was planned so that we will be a little short of time this week.  We can work with it, just need to know, because for us in the USA, on PST, GGS time is 9 hours ahead of us!

4) We know that when a player starts the week's event, they do have to complete all 7 items. If they are short on any item, the other Co-op members can help on the 7th day.  Now if that player has 1 item that needs filling, can more than one person help to fill that 1 item?

5) Also, please confirm this, so I can be sure I give my co-op the correct information. 

All items that are donated during the week count  towards increasing the happiness level of the Deco.  That happiness is never lost.

6) If all players with or without help on the 7th day complete the orders 100%, then they will get the next new deco in line.

7) If any 1 of the items from any player's list is not completed at 100%, then all the players in the co-op must repeat Level 1 again.  None of the Happiness is lost, we just don't get the next deco.

8) If a player in the Co-op does not participate in any of the week's lists, they will still get the Deco.

9) The Deco can be upgraded with Greta after the event.  Will there be any way to get the next deco in line with Greta?

Thank You So Much!!!

@CM Nafaru and @CM Latten, I posted this again, please answer my questions.  Also, when using IE I cannot click on a name when I do the @CM, when using Google Chrome, it is loggin me out whenever I change threads, so back to IE, yes cleared cashes, etc. no help.  Cannot do smilies in IE either. Using Windows 8.1. when I go to the Forum in Google Chrome, I am not logged in, but it is working in IE.  I did not get the movies from last night yet on either browser either. When I type in IE, the letters come a little after I tyoe them, njo problems in google chrome.

I have another questions to-plus the ones above please. On the last day if I do not finish one of my items, will I have a chance to finish it with a different item?

Thank You both for all your help. I think the fix will help, but I am still concerned about the large number of items requested being only slightly lower. I hope it is more than that, this is holiday time in the USA, people work, have jobs, etc.

• Thank you for the compensation....

One MAJOR question: I do not think that I can commit to meeting my orders for 5 weeks. Would it be best for me to drop out of the co-op until after Christmas?  How will the empty slot affect the co-op?

Thanks!
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    To CM Popeye - ok so I have a question - when it says you can choose to skip a donation and it won't affect the coop going to the next level.... does this mean you cannot donate anything in the list at all???? is the 100% needed for the whole list or just each thing you start in the list... idk if i'm making any sense but I don't know how else to put my question! LOL
    Hi Tiggergirl have you found the answer to your question?  We have the same questions, if you found the answer please let us know.

Thnx ;-)
    Hey there! Do you mean if you chose not to take part? afaik only members that take part are taken into the whole co-op's score for that part of the event.

Stan
  • Hi, to the developer, can an individual inventory be show on the list (beside the donatation button - so we can see how much we have on hand to donate atm to determine how much to leave for the farm's use - right now have to click out to check it out before can decide how to donate at any one time. Other wise it is good idea of the christmas wish task
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 26.11.2015
    Got the "There was in error in the game" message and almost $4M..Although that is not even close to what I would normally earn in 3 days, it is something. Thanks for trying to make things right. Still, I will not be participating for the remainder of the event, unless by some miracle we can finish everyone's orders on Sunday. I certainly will not have enough time in the coming weeks to spend this much time on the game anyway.
    This really could have been a nice team event with everyone working towards a common goal, but it has had the opposite effect on some. After realizing the enormity of the event on the first day, several members have contributed little to nothing, others have not logged back since the first donations...It has been suggested to get them to leave the coop so the rest of us get our deco. So much for team spirit.!
  • CM Popeye said:
    Hey guys, The hotfix has now been deployed. Please let me know what you think about the changes that were made =)

-Stan

The people in the co-op I belong to are, for the most part, happy with the changes. My only observation is that it seems odd to be getting horseshoes at almost every other hardwork reward. I see it as both good and bad (lack of creativity because of time crunch perhaps). 
    The question I still have is about day 7. Will we be helping others fill what is left on their list or will their shortages be switched to another product? If switching, that makes no sense to me because the members are working very hard to fulfill that item and if it switches, their progress is lost. Our co-op is communicating with each other about who will most likely be in need of what and stocking our barns accordingly.In other words, we are working as a team to be successful in this event. Switching products would make that communication and the teamwork pointless. 
  • KimmieCat (INT1)KimmieCat (INT1) Posts: 52
    edited 26.11.2015
    I rarely come in defence of BF team, but in this case I can't see any fault on their side. It has been clear from original OA that it is possible to donate more then the order requests. Since it is a brand new event with new mechanics nothing can be rigthfully expected to be "as usual". What is to blame here is famous "click-click-click, then think and regret later" playing style. When a new thing arrives we are supposed to study the instruction, study the game, and play with caution. Watch and think what we are doing. You sound like you¨ve been around BF for eternity and you don't know that with GGS games no surprise is forbiden? :)

Oké I grant you.....a bit more caution on my side was warranted. But other max buttons in the game function different so a mistake is easily made. And I am not the only "fool" that was caught off guard.
    No fault on their side? I disagree.....greed is in my opinion very wrong and gives off quite the wrong signal, especially at chrismas.
    Study the instruction? You mean the overview of what we might expect form this event (without real instructions) or do you mean the elaborate info (not) within the event? If instructions were clear, there would not be so many questions here on the forum....

• Nemej (CZ1)Nemej (CZ1) Posts: 220
    edited 26.11.2015
    hi 7day if i help any player and then I leave coop will the help be reseted or not? thx for changes better now except of honey. i have still 8450 order :(
  • GoodFarmer88 (INT1)GoodFarmer88 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 36
    edited 27.11.2015
    I didn't notice any change in how button works. On the right is still max button, so it gives all that you have in barns, and down is button you can move so you can decide how much you will give, just enough or more. I think it worked like that before. What did you notice?
    When you have more on stock than needed for Santa, it stop at the amount needed for Santa and it does no longer donate all of your stock. But you only see that when you have more stock than needed.
    Ok, i always check how much of the amount it will be really added just in case, and it's possible that i didn't have more than it's needed, maybe that's why i didn't notice, but anyway sorry to hear that you gave much more than you wanted.
    Post edited by GoodFarmer88 (INT1) on
  • hi 7day if i help any player and then I leave coop will the help be reseted or not? thx for changes better now except of honey. i have still 8450 order :(
    Ask around in your coop if anyone still has some charms forn the "naugthy or nice" event and ask them to use it on your apairy. That gives you 15% extra honey.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 26.11.2015
    hi 7day if i help any player and then I leave coop will the help be reseted or not?
    In the official announcement it says:
    If a cooperative member leaves, or is removed during the course of one event step, all additional progress they contributed to the happiness meter will be lost. These users have to start their orders over again if they join another cooperative or re-join their existing cooperative.
    If you still want to leave the coop, make sure you do so in the beginning of the new week (monday), AFTER you helped somebody reach their 100%, and not leave on the same day (sunday). That way only some happiness is lost, and the visual upgrade of the deco is not prevented (which would be if you left sunday after helping out somebody reach 100%). Hope I explained it clear enough.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 26.11.2015

Oké I grant you.....a bit more caution on my side was warranted. But other max buttons in the game function different so a mistake is easily made. And I am not the only "fool" that was caught off guard.
    No fault on their side? I disagree.....greed is in my opinion very wrong and gives off quite the wrong signal, especially at chrismas.
    Study the instruction? You mean the overview of what we might expect form this event (without real instructions) or do you mean the elaborate info (not) within the event? If instructions were clear, there would not be so many questions here on the forum....

EDITED: @KimmieCat (INT1) I need to correct myself at one point :)

As soon as all members' orders are fulfilled, more goods can be added, to further improve the decoration.
    This instruction is misleading indeed as it indicates that overfilling shouldn't happen before all orders are fulfilled. :) They did make a mistake. :)
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Got the "There was in error in the game" message and almost $4M..Although that is not even close to what I would normally earn in 3 days, it is something. Thanks for trying to make things right.

Still, I will not be participating for the remainder of the event, unless by some miracle we can finish everyone's orders on Sunday. I certainly will not have enough time in the coming weeks to spend this much time on the game anyway. And if we don't finish everyone's order this week, we would have to repeat this week again. And week 2 is supposedly only slightly less difficult. NO THANK YOU.

This really could have been a nice team event with everyone working towards a common goal, but it has had the opposite effect on some. After realizing the enormity of the event on the first day, several members have contributed little to nothing, (others have not logged back since the first donations)...It has been suggested to get them to leave the coop so the rest of us get our deco. So much for team spirit.!

BAH HUMBUG GreedyGreedySanta.
  • If a member who has started the Santa event leaves the co-op, does that prevent the co-op from finishing that week and moving on?
  • Nemej (CZ1)Nemej (CZ1) Posts: 220
    mrg1 - in our coop i have a plan (not mine, written there in this thread) that on sunday stay in coop only 100% or 0% and the others leave and rejoin. this should give us new orders and higher deco. 

michiru - thx - so if i don´t be able to reach 100% i should not have help another player to get his 100%, because if i leave on sunday to let in coop only 100%, another player lost my help and his 100%  
  •  It has been suggested to get them to leave the coop so the rest of us get our deco. So much for team spirit.!
    I'm contemplating this for the sake of the co-op. I'm a church worker.....not a good time of year to increase gaming time :wink: 
This discussion has been closed.