Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Wish List - Your questions and comments

Comments

• They have to do all 7 items to complete the order.
  • @Terry Farmer (INT1)

All 7 items together make 1 order. Each player can see on the right what % they have completed & If you click the 2nd tab in the event window you can see what % each member has done so far. You need to get all the yellow ones to 100% then they change to green.
  • @CM Latten or @CM Nafaru 

1) In the pic from Santa's Wish List below, the number 1/7 below the star, says Quality if I put my cursor over it.  So Our Deco at the moment has a Quality of 1 out of a possible 7 for the Quality of our Deco.

2) For the number 17.775 on the star on the tree top, when I put my cursor over it, it says Happiness Value Determined By Player Level.  Is this the Happiness from my individual contributions for this week or the happiness from our whole Co-op for the Deco so far?

Also, CM's please answer these questions officially.

3) Would you please tell us in official GGS-German time and date when the 7th day will start and end?  We need to adjust our schedules for our individual time zones.  Nafaru said that the event started later than was planned so that we will be a little short of time this week.  We can work with it, just need to know, because for us in the USA, on PST, GGS time is 9 hours ahead of us!

4) We know that when a player starts the week's event, they do have to complete all 7 items. If they are short on any item, the other Co-op members can help on the 7th day.  Now if that player has 1 item that needs filling, can more than one person help to fill that 1 item?

5) Also, please confirm this, so I can be sure I give my co-op the correct information. 

All items that are donated during the week count  towards increasing the happiness level of the Deco.  That happiness is never lost.

6) If all players with or without help on the 7th day complete the orders 100%, then they will get the next new deco in line.

7) If any 1 of the items from any player's list is not completed at 100%, then all the players in the co-op must repeat Level 1 again.  None of the Happiness is lost, we just don't get the next deco.

8) If a player in the Co-op does not participate in any of the week's lists, they will still get the Deco.

9) The Deco can be upgraded with Greta after the event.  Will there be any way to get the next deco in line with Greta?

Thank You So Much!!!

• CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    Hey guys,

the information from the Greek forum is taken from a yet non-translated unfinished announcement and partially incorrect. I don't know why the mod in question posted it already before arranging things with his GGS contact, or if there was a big misunderstanding, but that doesn't matter at this point anyway :)

The changes as described are mostly correct (of course there will be an official announcement later today), and it will most probably happen later today.

Sorry for the confusion,
    Timo
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    How about this question....
    If a person has to donate, for example 2000 muffins.  If a person donates those 2000 muffins, and then donates an additional 2000 muffins......will the first 2000 (the required ones) have the same impact on the score and the second 2000?
  • I can't afford any more farms like the candy farm.  Our co-op won't take on another project like that.  If that is what is coming up it will be another Holiday project we can't enjoy.  If they only want deep pocketed players they should be charging so the rest of us know to stay away.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 26.11.2015
    Latten or Nafaru,

In the United States, this is the biggest travel holiday and weekend of the year.  Can we please be told when the magical Day 7 starts?  There have been statements about a shorter first week, etc., but getting everyone organized this first week comes with this additional hurdle, so why not let us know when Day 7 starts.  (Example: 12 midnight Saturday CET)
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    Me likey new animated deco ;)

The new update sounds good for smaller accounts.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hello Big Farmers, 

Due to popular global feedback about the Santa's Wish List event, we have decided to introduce some changes to improve the ongoing event. 

After our next maintenance, the following changes will apply:

• Donations towards Santa's orders are now rewarded with dollars (same amount as selling through Farm Management).
    • Hard work rewards have been reworked. There are now more and better rewards to earn for reaching certain happiness milestones.
    • Overall difficulty of upcoming event steps has been decreased slightly; overlapping requirements for different list items have been reduced to a minimum to further equalize (and reduce) the difficulty for all players.
    Previously earned hard work rewards will be kept, new rewards for already achieved milestones will be credited retroactively as soon as the next donation is made towards the event. 

Furthermore, corresponding dollar amounts to previously made donations towards an order will automatically be granted to all players currently working towards finishing said order. Research based bonuses unfortunately cannot be applied in this case. 

This hotfix will take place later today, as soon as all testing is done. It will come with a downtime of several minutes needed to apply changes on server side. 

Feel free to share this information with your fellow players! 

Thanks a lot for your ongoing constructive feedback and patience over the past couple of days. Both were much appreciated!

Regards,

your Big Farm Team

PS: Some of you were interested in the look of our final reward decoration for the event. Here is an animated preview for your viewing pleasure: 

• musicdoc (US1)musicdoc (US1) US1 Posts: 43
    Thank you CM Popeye and all CMs for representing players to GG and helping get these changes. This is the first time I have seen GG responsive to our unhappiness with game features, you deserve credit for making our case effectively. Here's to better recognition that our happiness in the game = GG's long term success.
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    edited 26.11.2015
    Latten or Nafaru,

In the United States, this is the biggest travel holiday and weekend of the year.  Can we please be told when the magical Day 7 starts?  There have been statements about a shorter first week, etc., but getting everyone organized this first week comes with this additional hurdle, so why not let us know when Day 7 starts.  (Example: 12 midnight Saturday CET)
    Yes, should be exactly that, 12 midnight Saturday CET, except for the US/BRA/HIS countries (which are timed differently). Basically the same time as the daily quest reset usually happens.

US: GMT-5
    BR: GMT-4
    HIS: GMT-6
    JP: GMT+9

All other countries/Servers go 12 midnight CET :)

How about this question....
    If a person has to donate, for example 2000 muffins.  If a person donates those 2000 muffins, and then donates an additional 2000 muffins......will the first 2000 (the required ones) have the same impact on the score and the second 2000?
    I'm relatively sure that the answer is 'no' - after a while the curve for additional happiness will get flattened out, so the more gets donated, the less happiness you'll get out of it.
    You're very welcome @musicdoc (US1) All of the CM's have been fighting ofr something like this to happen, and hopefully we have now turned the corner. I would like to thank all of you for giving me honest feedback that we could use to make these changes happen. Always remember that this is your game, not ours =)

-Stan
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 26.11.2015
    Quote from the change of the wishlist announcement

Done (in translation to danish) to danish non-english-speaking players here and here  :smile: 
  • GoodFarmer88 (INT1)GoodFarmer88 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 36
    edited 26.11.2015
    And how they will credit (pay for) feed and dung? :)
    Hey farmers, One more quick announcement regarding the times for the wish list event. As you all know, this has been a bit of an issue with past events. I asked around, and I now know that in the US, the clock will be GMT -5 hours. This means the days will reset at 1200PM in the central timezone of the US.

-Stan
    And how they will credit (pay for) feed and dung? :)
    Feed has a fixed price so that is not hard to credit. Dung is another story as there is no way you can sell that.
  • GoodFarmer88 (INT1)GoodFarmer88 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 36
    edited 26.11.2015
    Thanks. I thought feed can be payed just with gold (and sometimes when vendor offers it for dollars).  I don't mind actually donate something, but donate all of this huge amount of crops, bakery itmes, items from Flower shop etc... would be a great loss.
  • Can anyone explain to me what this means in the announcement?

Research based bonuses unfortunately cannot be applied in this case. 
  • Can anyone explain to me what this means in the announcement?

I could be wrong, but to me it means that if your coop has done research so that you get sell your stuff for a higher price, you will only be getting the basic price, not the extra for your research.
  • What exactly does this paragraph in the announcement mean?

Furthermore, corresponding dollar amounts to previously made donations towards an order will automatically be granted to all players currently working towards finishing said order. Research based bonuses unfortunately cannot be applied in this case. 

I interpret it to mean that those who have already finished their order for the week will not receive the retroactive payment. Please tell me that I am wrong.

I have advised all members of our coop to hold a final donation until after the hotfix pending clarification of this statement.

Thanks. I thought feed can be payed just with gold (and sometimes when vendor offers it for dollars).  I don't mind actually donate something, but donate all of this huge amount of crops, bakery itmes, items from Flower shop etc... would be a great loss.
    I assume you mean that santa asks for regular feed and not premium. Regular feed can be sold when you have more then your storage can handle, then you get a pop-up to sell that feed. Regular feed can indeed be bought with gold but you can also make in at your mill. Regular chicken feed sells for 1 dollar each and pig feed sell for 9 dollar each.
    Can anyone explain to me what this means in the announcement?

Eggs as example will give you 20 if you have all research done. You will get the egg price without the 67% extra from all the research.
  • Oh, right, PINJO, didn't think of that, I forgot that i can sell feed, because I never have too much. Thanks.
  • What exactly does this paragraph in the announcement mean?

I interpret it to mean that those who have already finished their order for the week will not receive the retroactive payment. Please tell me that I am wrong.

I have advised all members of our coop to hold a final donation until after the hotfix pending clarification of this statement.

What already are donated will be payed with dollars.
    - But only the basis price dollars.    If your coop have research higher prices, this research will have no effect in this payback.
  • Thanks both of you for the explanations make sense to me now. 

• I really hope you fix order like to make huge amount of honey for example. One of the members in my coop still have over 45 times to make honey. The 2 honey hives he/she has only gives 132 together each time.

Who has so much time to sit every 2,5 hours and start this?
    If she doesn't sleep more than 2,5 each time, she might be able to fix this. But she has a job and she needs to sleep - so she probably can do like - 5-6 every day...
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 26.11.2015

What exactly does this paragraph in the announcement mean?

It just means that the game will base the calculations on your order that is currently active. If you changed cooperatives during this week and started a new order, we unfortunately won't be able to track back what you donated for that one.

So easy example, even if you finished your contract already, it is still active and you could still donate towards it. Even if you donated 700/500 corn, f.i., we would credit you the corresponding dollar amount for 700 corn (without bonuses based on cooperative research).

Research bonuses will be applied for all upcoming donations after the hotfix.

Done (in translation to danish) to danish non-english-speaking players here and here  :smile: 
    Thank you! <3
    Post edited by CM Nafaru on
  • Dear Big Farm.
    Regarding the Christmas event, I would say the following
    The mind to do something together with the whole coop which is a really great idea. But I was a shock, when I saw what had to be all gathered. I had the luck that my farm is perfect, I have a large storage and many products in stock. Meanwhile, revenue is once more favorably on a large farm. But then I heard some farms to collect which are not yet fully major, it was too much for me.

The idea is that large farms would be able to help the small farms on the 7th day. If the donation is in line with the size of a farm than I would that have in mind. Next week starts again a 2nd round of the event. If I now donate to smaller farms I might just be going through my stock and might not get my target that week.

Small farms have made it very difficult to upgrade because there is always something to do,  which they would like to join. In addition, small farms earned  much less money. The cost of buying land on the second and third farm are already expensive. Let alone, the cost of purchasing, upgrade various fields and buildings tree dens that have been done, especially on the third farm over the top.

Therefore you often see with the smaller farms, the third farm does not grow.
    I am one of the first hour. We had the time to build our farm and systematically upgrade. There were not many activities which do not cost much money. First we could build 1st farmhouse at ease. Then came a second farm near. Long products from that farm were not needed at events.

Much later came the flower farm. That actually does only participate in events when the silo was launched.

Yet currently running sometimes 3-4 things simultaneously ... also think of the 4th, temporary farm. It costs a lot of money but eventually you lose again everything then you can redeem some fruit to the cashier for the money at the end of the ride.

What is so Big Farm to it that you should consider when Christmas event to collect goods to reduce considerably, so you can still run the farm and make money so that you can still build your farm. Also large farms are still building and upgrading.
    But large farms are less severe than the smaller ones.

When the gathering products be reduced significantly than large farms can also donate easier for small farms approach now that I'm reluctant at this.

This event is only possible if you throw a lot of gold against it (small farms).

If nothing changes then I stop participating in the Christmas event. That would be the first time.
    Want small farms produce as much as possible and donate then they need to be active 24 hours a day. Otherwise, it is not feasible and even then .... the big farms will need to assist smaller farms to fill the gap.

My English is not the best but will do my best to display it as clear as possible.

Greetings Wokkel

• When the help coop friends times comes on sunday:
    Can everything be transformed to what what our friends need, including special flowers like violets, roses, sunflowers etc. (I think they can), or is it only regular farm products than can be used as help items?

• Sheriziya (NL1)Sheriziya (NL1) Posts: 131
    edited 26.11.2015
    CM Nafaru  just to be sure, I assume that those who'd already fullfilled their orders (100%) will receive the same treatment as those who are currently still filling their orders, is that correct?

Thanks for the upcoming changes. That will make it much easier for people to participate and keep the farm going. :smiley: 
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 26.11.2015
    When the help coop friends times comes on sunday:
    Can everything be transformed to what what our friends need, including special flowers like violets, roses, sunflowers etc. (I think they can), or is it only regular farm products than can be used as help items?

I'm not sure I understand this question.

Come Sunday, you can have a look at other member's lists. Some list items may not be finished, so you can help contributing to reaching 100% for each item request.

However, some goods are replaced by other goods and required amounts are level-dependent. The game might, for instance, ask for fertilizer instead of dung. You cannot choose what you would like to donate in order to replace dung, the game will choose for you.

Event seeds such as roses, sunflowers and violets will never be requested in any of Santa's orders. Requests are based on regular products that are always available. 

CM Nafaru  just to be sure, I assume that those who'd already fullfilled their orders (100%) will receive the same treatment as those who are currently still filling their orders, is that correct?

Yes!

This discussion has been closed.