Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Wish List - Your questions and comments

Comments

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    If GGS do big overhaul and make it easier by say 50% will those who have finished get extra happiness for week 1
  • katmorr (AU1)katmorr (AU1) Posts: 96
    edited 25.11.2015
    Also, will the challenge come during this?  Because that would be particularly hard, and my coop would probably do worse on one or the other (or both) as a result.
    :) Thinking same, why not throw a co-op challenge in to the mix 
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    edited 25.11.2015
    Can we continue to work on our own orders on sunday? 
    Yup  :) Help works additionally.

If GGS do big overhaul and make it easier by say 50% will those who have finished get extra happiness for week 1
    There's no final decision yet on if and how we'll change things exactly, but last I heard, we'll think of something to make it worthwhile for everyone who already donated. Again, no final decision yet, so please don't  plan with this in mind yet.
    Also, will the challenge come during this?  Because that would be particularly hard, and my coop would probably do worse on one or the other (or both) as a result.
    For the next 1-2 weeks I don't think so, after that I can't tell yet. Again, no guarantees since these plans can change instantly.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    John I'm in a 2 person coop with my husband -- if he doesn't complete his end of things, what do YOU think is gonna happen?   >:)
    LOL!  Nuff said, Cookiie! Beating and fighting smileys
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    I am very glad to hear that feedback is being taken into account!

I do have one question (or, really, something I hope can be passed on to the developers to take into consideration): how are we going to be compensated for the rough start? 
    My guess is that instead of trying to reverse all the contributions we made by doing a rollback, GGS might just give us a deco for the lost week with a base HP value of 100.

Just wishful thinking on my part ;) 
  • eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    My suggestion to everybody is to make (some) of the items that Santa wants, and keep them in your barn. If you decide not to play in Santa's workshop, you can sell these items in the normal way. If you do decide to go on with it, you have at least some of the wanted items.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    @CM Nafaru   @CM Latten 

QUESTION

On this "last chance Sunday" can more than 1 member help another member with completing their order(s)?

I mean: if somebody only donated 5000 out of 10.000 corn, can 2 other members donate each 2,500 corn? **

** or the equivalent of it, as we understood is doesn't necessarily have to be the same product/amount

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 25.11.2015
    CM Latten said:
    gavinfarms (US1) said:
    For the next 1-2 weeks I don't think so, after that I can't tell yet. Again, no guarantees since these plans can change instantly.
    Gosh Latten! How long ago is that when CM were arguing exactly the opposite to decline players wishes to delay an event - that event times are planned in advance and can't be changed as it would mess things up........ ? ? ?

I don't have time to search for the post to check if it was you or Nafaru. It doesn't matter anyway. Maybe some more zealous commentator will find it for you. But this kind of contradiction really tells the tales. :)

EDIT: errrrrmmmmm  .... just in case............ I'm not accusing you of being dishonest. Just pointing to what a mess this BF team must be ..................... Some kind of stability and consistency would be appreaciated. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings. o:)
  • Schäflein (DE1)Schäflein (DE1) DE1 Posts: 56
    edited 25.11.2015
    Hi US-Big Farmers,
    this thread looks quite tame compared to the now 19 pages and counting "shitstorm" on the german server.
    Some comments here, like:

"...guess GGS is the only ones in the christmas spirit, this event is about them, and not the players at all"

" I just donated all my dung with out realizing it wouldn't stop at the limit needed - so I just LOST 456,340 dung - which is ***INSANE***! it took me forever to build that up - I should be able to get that back but I know with GGS history that'll never happen! (((((( very very very upset about this......!"

"I thought that this would be a fun event but I see it definitely is NOT. What a shame for GGS to put added stress on players with small farms just starting out. Shame on you. You would think with it being Christmas season they would want to give something back to its players. Seems they are like all the rest money talks or you walk."

We have exactly the same issues with this event!

My co-op quit already after day 1 when it became obvious, that the decoration wasn't worth that horrendous effort.

Have a nice and peaceful Christmas-time!

• CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 25.11.2015

On this "last chance Sunday" can more than 1 member help another member with completing their order(s)?

I mean: if somebody only donated 5000 out of 10.000 corn, can 2 other members donate each 2,500 corn? **
    ** or the equivalent of it, as we understood is doesn't necessarily have to be the same product/amount
    Yep, every member can help with every order - given they started an order themselves.

Take this scenario:

Player 1 - 80% finished
    Player 2 - 100 % finished
    Player 3 - 60% finished
    Player 4 - 0%

Both Player 1 and 2 can help Player 3 while Player 3 continues working on their own order. Player 3 could also help Player 1 if they so desire.

Player 4, however, can not help since they did not start an order themselves.
  • I have a question about how we are going to know what our fellow co-op members will need to complete week one with all of us at different levels and working on different things.

I do have a suggestion, I think once you complete your list you should be able to see what everyone is working on and be allow to help our other co-op members immediately, one day is not going to be enough to help everyone.

Thank you, @CM Nafaru !!
  • mrpotatohead (GB1)mrpotatohead (GB1) Posts: 60
    edited 25.11.2015
    I think the event should be left 'as is' but renamed to RARE EXPORTS.

Had to google 'evil santa' and 'evil santa film' just to post that, couldn't remember the name of the film.
    Doing that brought up a list of bad santas, there seems to be alot of european bad santas, and at least 3 in germany, maybe it's a cultural thing.

Krampus: punishes naughty children during the christmas season
    Jólakötturinn: A cat that eats you if your bad
    Frau Perchta: A witch that will rip out your internal organs.
    Belsnickel: Hits naughty children with twigs: see also Adrian Peterson
    Hans Trapp: Punishes naughty children at christmas.
    Père Fouettard: Eats naughty children.
    Grýla: Cooks then eats naughty children.

Personally, some naughtiness at christmas would be fun in a game, like having to find all the mince pies the naughty elves have hidden, for a deco reward of a big pile of dung.
  • There is also the danish crime novel from 1968: "Tænk på et tal"  tranlate: "Think of a number" written by Anders Bodelsen.
    In that book appear a gun armed bank robber dressed as Santa Claus when he robbing a bank.
  • My suggestion to everybody is to make (some) of the items that Santa wants, and keep them in your barn. If you decide not to play in Santa's workshop, you can sell these items in the normal way. If you do decide to go on with it, you have at least some of the wanted items.
    This is a lovely idea, but when the request is for  nearly  20 times what one's barns can hold???
    There is also the danish crime novel from 1968: "Tænk på et tal"  tranlate: "Think of a number" written by Anders Bodelsen.
    In that book appear a gun armed bank robber dressed as Santa Claus when he robbing a bank.
    I've seen a movie like that. Surf gang in Santa masks robbing banks. Maybe that's where GGS got their idea from :)

My suggestion to everybody is to make (some) of the items that Santa wants, and keep them in your barn. If you decide not to play in Santa's workshop, you can sell these items in the normal way. If you do decide to go on with it, you have at least some of the wanted items.
    This is a lovely idea, but when the request is for  nearly  20 times what one's barns can hold???
    My suggestion is to skip the Santa event, save yourself all these troubles, and just enjoy life and the rest of the game without it. :)
  • The way I see this event is like a Dictatorship. Everything you have you have to donate, everything you produce you have to donate. you cant sell anything because you will need it for next week. your only income is from watering trees, just not enough to run the farm. Good business for GG bankrupt for the players. anyone that falls for this is a fool.

Merry Christmas.

• To CM Popeye - ok so I have a question - when it says you can choose to skip a donation and it won't affect the coop going to the next level.... does this mean you cannot donate anything in the list at all???? is the 100% needed for the whole list or just each thing you start in the list... idk if i'm making any sense but I don't know how else to put my question! LOL
    If you see you can not do one of the items, do NOT donate anything of that item... If you do not donate to an item at all, then it is not counted or looked upon on day 7. It is like it isn't there. So don't start one, if you think you can't do it. Leave it. ... Hope this helps. Prayers! :)
    I'm w/ TiggerGirl77 - I'm still confused on this issue. I hope Dixie Daisy is correct but when I read the announcement I don't see where this is clearly stated. It can make a big difference to the strategy each farmer can use.

Is it all or nothing for my 7 requested items in week 1. If I can't complete 1 or more of those 7 items, do I skip the entire week OR can I just skip those items I'm weak on & continue to donate the others from the list. CM Popeye - would you please confirm for us which is valid?
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    My suggestion is to skip the Santa event, save yourself all these troubles, and just enjoy life and the rest of the game without it. :) 
    And be told by a member(s) of your co-op that you're letting the co-op down by not participating? That's what I heard this morning. :(
    And be told by a member(s) of your co-op that you're letting the co-op down by not participating? That's what I heard this morning. :(
    Then find a better co-op. This is a game, not a slavery. :)
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    You do not let the co-op down if you dont take part.  I am not doing the event (and I am the leader of our co-op lol) but I help by putting sparkles on their fields and stables.  If I were you I would do what @Kamilcom said and find a better co-op.
  • Oh I never thought to open it after one glance at the first list,  well, actually even before that based on preliminary descriptions. 
  • I do apologize to the Brat Pack for assuming they were going to spend gold on this event.  But then again I have never seen a leopard change its spots so the assumption is justified.  

Here we go again.  If we all hate GG so much why are we still here?  Because this is a fun game and good entertainment.  This is a tough event but it will be a hoot to participate in it.  Will I spend gold on it? NO! Will I enjoy the event and gain what I can from it? YES!  I don't need the top prize maxed out or even the lowest prize.  I just need entertained.  Will there be other events like this? YES. because Brat Pack and the other top alliances will pour money into this event.  They will wear their CCs out and keep the game free for those of us who spend moderatly or those that spend nothing at all.  My advice is enjoy the event for what it is and remember, this is only week one of five.  It will get harder as we go.  
    Actually it isn't justified. How do you think we are number one? Not by making foolish decisions. Brat Pack
    So if our co-op isn't in 1st place and/or we're not a member of your co-op, that makes the rest of us fools? Mentioning your co-op by name was a presumptive mistake equaled by your own presumptive reply.
  • CM Nafaru said:

Yep, every member can help with every order - given they started an order themselves.

Take this scenario:

Player 1 - 80% finished
    Player 3 - 60% finished
    Player 4 - 0%

Both Player 1 and 2 can help Player 3 while Player 3 continues working on their own order. Player 3 could also help Player 1 if they so desire.

Player 4, however, can not help since they did not start an order themselves. I al
    I also would like an answer to Jiesta (NL) question.   Nafuru response doesn't clearly answer the question  " can two different people contribute 2,500 corn each to the same farmer? "    The way Nafuru  responded,   I understand it to mean that two different farmers can contribute to the same farmer, but are still contributing to two different orders for that one farmer   
  • bdreish (GB1) said:You do not let the co-op down if you dont take part.  I am not doing the event (and I am the leader of our co-op lol) but I help by putting sparkles on their fields and stables.  If I were you I would do what @Kamilcom said and find a better co-op.

Yes, am sure thinking of that. 
    CM Nafaru said:

Take this scenario:

Player 1 - 80% finished
    Player 3 - 60% finished
    Player 4 - 0%

Player 4, however, can not help since they did not start an order themselves. I al
    I also would like an answer to Jiesta (NL) question.   Nafuru response doesn't clearly answer the question  " can two different people contribute 2,500 corn each to the same farmer? "    The way Nafuru  responded,   I understand it to mean that two different farmers can contribute to the same farmer, but are still contributing to two different orders for that one farmer   
    I understand what you mean @JanePlayer06 (US1) and lucky me: I asked the same question on the French Forum. Although I understand what Nafaru tells us and am thankful for her scenario, I can also understand that it might not be that clear to others. 

Yes, more people can help 1 member out for the same order.
  • Thanks Nafaru for taking our comments to discussion. Looking forward to positive decisions and changes to this event. It has potential to be a good event, Just needing a few tweeks particularly with the amounts required and the happiness rewards. A counter towards the next happiness reward would be helpful also.
    Another question:

Does anybody know how late this so called "Last chance Sunday" will start? Will it start at midnight on Saturday/Sunday or will it start early in the morning on Sunday CET??

I thought @gavinfarms (US1) already asked this question - did you ever get an answer?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    CM Nafaru said:

Take this scenario:

Player 1 - 80% finished
    Player 3 - 60% finished
    Player 4 - 0%

Player 4, however, can not help since they did not start an order themselves.
    Steffi,

1. Can Player 4 receive help?
  • FarmerMarkD (US1)FarmerMarkD (US1) US1 Posts: 119
    Way over the top and to many things going @ 1 time, it slowing me down and my farm isn't making enough so I can upgrade some things.  When is the next island coming up?? oh yeah that's right any day now then another SANTA quest next week!!!! I don't want to b glued to my computer, I have a life too!!!!
    It's also looking like another Coop Challenge is around the corner - the signs are there. Twins are here and lots of coop gold match offers. How can anyone produce whatever is required for Santa AND do missions? In some cases - they are mutually exclusive. If I have to produce a ton of cabbage for Santa - there go my field events. If I'm holding my ducks for egg missions - how do I give Santa the 7million egg he wants? Plus keeping on top of all my harvests for Santa and trying to do back to back missions - no thanks. 
This discussion has been closed.