Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Wish List - Your questions and comments

Comments

• Janisss (AU1)Janisss (AU1) Posts: 63
    edited 24.11.2015
    I have crunched the numbers & would be dead broke by week 3. I do not have a super large farm....only a level 113....and I have developed it to be more of a product cow than a cash cow. The lack of money flow for 5 weeks would annihilate a farm that I have spent 2 years developing.....and all for a deco the size of a football field that I will never use. My coop is not participating in this event either. It just is not worth the time, effort & monetary sacrifice to any of us. Best of luck to the coops that work this event. I sincerely wish you much success :):)

As for the Brat Pack.......your coop rocks!! I make no digs & do not understand the mindset of those who do......
  • fadedjean (US1)fadedjean (US1) US1 Posts: 181
    edited 24.11.2015

@ gavinfarms - it doesn't matter what they need, you will get completely new order if you have to help them i.e. they can't complete apples, but you'll be asked to donate wheat instead

I hope this can't possibly be true- Steffi, please clarify.
    i'm doubting that too, because why would the co-op member who is working on completing apples have the specified item go through a switcher-roo for an unknown transformation come Sunday?  From the ggs announcement, it sounded pretty clear that other co-op members from the same group can contribute to help fill that order on Sunday's "last chance."  I'd like to have that clarified as I'm sure many others do.

The question about how do we know what our co-op members need completed by Sunday....a simple means would be to just use the co-op chat box or email to group. Players who don't normally participate in the chat and tend to play "solo" would have to speak up to make their needs known.  Another option is the Group Forum which is currently undergoing maintenance. It would be helpful to use that to communicate with your other co-op members more in depth than what the real-time chat box offers. This is only the first week so writing to Santa that the renovated group forum be on my wish list.

• Mira (US1)Mira (US1) Posts: 103
    It's quite clear that the donated items WILL be different from the original list.  All that seems to matter is the percentage uncompleted that needs to be filled by other members in the co-op, and the outstanding requirements will be scaled to the donor's level.

CM Nafaru said:
    HOWEVER(!) this does not mean that a level 100 player could just donate 500 corn for a level 20 player and everything would be done. Numbers will scale up depending on player level and requested good may change. 
    This means you will have to make up for 17% of their missing goods by donating an amount of goods that is scaled to your player level to keep the same difficulty for everyone helping. 

Example behind the spoiler for those interested: 

Let's say the level 20 player has donated 500/1,000 corn. A level 100 player wants to help them out on Last Chance Sunday (day 7).

The game could then ask you to deliver e.g. dandelions instead of corn (because you have progressed significantly farther) and would request 5,000/10,000 dandelion. Again 50 % of that list item is complete, but numbers and requested goods have been adjusted to player level.

These are examples with made up numbers, just to show how it will look. Not every request will show replaced goods, but it might happen.

I hope I didn't confuse everyone more than needed now. ;)
  • SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    Right on Brat Pack
  • The Donation of Items conflicts heavily with filling market orders.
    And with the boat.  And with side tasks a bit.  But most definitely with bank account.
    edited 24.11.2015
    @ Mira, 

Thank you for that explanation.  When I first viewed  the forum announcement about this Santa's Wish List, I hadn't logged in with my id/password and the spoiler alert tab  wasn't enabled to view. Now that I've logged in, I did just read that hidden spoiler....and I'm not liking it.  I had a feeling that we have to keep all our inventory fairly well stocked to help another player. Ha!  I'm currently making more flower bouquets for someone else during my "downtime" with the flower farm distillery. Aargggh.
  • Yay!!  I love a new challenge  :) 

I'm on board with Raven68 and BabaZeba53. 

GGS keep up the great work!  This seems to be a nice solution for everyone that is complaining about running the same four missions over and over and over again during Champs.  WTG

I am on board with you, too. Some of my fellow co-op people were concerned about production, but seemed to be forgetting we have SEVEN days to fill orders. Once that settled in, it was "okay, let's start saving to help others on Sunday." My order is in no way easy, but without gold, I have completed 64% of it. Give it a chance, farmers. It's something to do. Why does there have to be an awesome reward at the end other than the satisfaction that you could do it? Every new task needs some adjustment. I am in the boat with those that over donated. I might be out some stuff, but it's my own fault. I'll just make it up. Enjoy the game and farm on!
  • I do apologize to the Brat Pack for assuming they were going to spend gold on this event.  But then again I have never seen a leopard change its spots so the assumption is justified.  
    ....but a mule will always be an a$$.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    We need to be able to sparkle the bakery and the flower shop..........Can this finally get fixed?
  • This is way too hard. The Christmas holidays are supposed to be fun not a never ending chore. 
  • edited 24.11.2015
    we have read the comments, and nothing is still clear!

How does it work?

[1. a] to make first week, we only need to make the 100 % fullfilment. ???
     [b] we can use the 7 items as we want to. to reach the 100 weekly % ???
     [c] do we have to make all 7 items fully.. the first week ???

2, will there be a new list next week? or do we continue with the list, to fullfill the next 100 weekly % ???

3. i understand it like, after the 31 days we have made the whole list. no new list every week. am i correct?

if so, then i i also understand we can not start on next weeks ration

we are some that get totaly different results of reading these comments. 
    i hope to get answer from Community Manager. the one i belive is the only one that realy knows the truth
  • Nafaru

This IS the problem

Nafaru says "However, the event has only been active for 3 hours now. There is still plenty time to gather all those required goods. While the numbers may seem big at first, you shouldn't just fall into panic mode blindly or be led to conclusions by some orders that seem to be impossible to fulfill. 

Please take a look at your farms, check what you would be able to produce given your playstyle, amount of time available to play and production facilities and see for yourself if it is possible or not to finish your order. "

briannospamgame took the effort to, not just give you calculations like several others did but show you screen captures to prove his numbers -- and you just don't get it. You call this "panic mode" - reality, to you, is panic mode? Led by conclusions that some orders "seem" to be impossible to fulfill? They are there in black and white, why act the fool? take a look at your farms ... JUST WHAT DID YOU THINK ALL THESE COMMENTS ARE?

Crafty critters said "I am disappointed in your reply above too. Whether it has been 3 hours, 3 days, or 3 weeks is not relevant, we know our game and our farms.  There is absolutely no way that I can produce 4,510 olives with a Level 5 olive tree that makes 85 olives/6 hours x 6 days = 2,040 olives. Even at Level 7 it only makes 90/6 hrs or 2106 in 6 days. If I never missed one time!!!

Others have made statements that show that this is impossible too. Please do not insult us, by telling us not to panic. We are not panicking, merely stating the facts. The requests are simply impossible for some products.  Do the math.  GGS should fix this!!"

You said "Every cooperative has room to fail 1 week. This should give you enough freedom to try a strategy and change it if needed, once you see that too many members won't be able to fulfill the orders. "

You mean, like, telling members not to play this event?

You said "There are plenty of options (sacrificing some happiness to secure a visual upgrade, recruiting more members by the beginning of the week to help out on Sunday, etc etc.). Please try to find your personal strategy while we pass on your feedback and conduct analyses on feasibility of all orders. "

You don't understand just how petulant, how arrogant this is? You mean it didn't occur to you to test this beforehand and determine the feasibility of all orders, like making a limit of, say, 10% of individuals production? Simple, basic, easy to understand and program.

Later you expound with this complete arrogance "While we're not expecting that everyone has all their production facilities maxed out with the architect, we do expect players at certain levels to have certain facilities, though. 

Being above level 100 and only having one olive orchard, for instance, is a playstyle decision that we cannot balance our orders towards. If you actively decide to only have a few or none of these facilities you should also take into account that you might have to buy some goods for events. (Think donkeys, we know some players don't have any but they might be asked for in any event!)."

You just don't like your customers, do you? You don't like that people are different, that they have different styles, likes and dislikes. Don't worry, you are uniting us in complete disgust with you and GGS

MRG1 (level 170) says "So I spent (so far) $9.975 million to buy what I can buy, (still leaving me with just barely enough wheat, peaches, and olives to continue to work the farm)." - how many of us have 10 Million or so laying around for this?

You say "First results of our data analysis show that some users have already almost finished their first order, just some hours after starting the event - without spending a single gold coin, even as a high level player. "

Did it NOT occur to you that people have stockpiles in their barns, stockpiles they will NOT have in later weeks? How can you have such a poor understanding of your own game?

As tabanum said "Or maybe they were just lucky with their orders? They have highest possible barns for their level already stocked with asked items?

The balancing issue might come from adjusting the difficulty to player level instead to his barn size i.e My barns are not maxed so i have less storage than someone else on my level of xp ..."

Do you just not get this?

Pingo4 says "However, you are incorrect in assuming that people are panicking here - this is not panic, it is a realistic appraisal of what we and our farms are capable of."

September says "May I also caution GGS/ anyone against using statistics such as "x% of people have already fulfilled more than 50% or so of their orders on Day 1" to conclude that the complaints of huge amounts of goods required are in the minority.

It's the start of the event and I'm assuming most people have their barns full of most items (barring the odd pasta gift basket, etc.)."

Do you just not understand your own game?

Cheshi says "Um, yeah, so how people initially feel when discovering the FUN event hyped about is discounted as "panic" and babblings of those without a clear and level head. It seems to me that ggs can create the hype, but can't use their much proclaimed tools of analysis to deduce when people say:

"The amounts are already beyond hard and this is week one and allegedly the easiest week"

"I need to harvest 80 hours to complete 1st week in game... impossible, lets forget this failure.Of course with gold it would be different but..."

"It looks like the least damage you can do to the co-op is not to start this scheme, starting makes it worse, quitting the co-op makes it worse but not starting is still a negative -- in other words blackmail"

"And what about this insanity: over 37k apples, and then over 5000 apple turnovers??? Where the hell will i find apples required for apple turnovers if i give all my apples away?"

"GGS - you absolutely surpassed yourself with his list.  SHAME~!

I have this also for my list:  37230 apples and 6160 apple pies, so I think mine is worse."

"SO when this started, the first of my three farms I just donated everything I had which clearly was a very costly mistake.   Stuff could have been better spent in the market, or ship, or my own farm.   THEN I looked at just how much is needed.  OMG!  INSANE amounts."

"I think this is just another event for the gold buyers to show us how hard they work (clicking on their 'buy gold' buttons) !"

"just a fraction of my list includes donating 2000 honey cream at a cost of 4,000,000 dollars, I haven't worked out the whole cost of my first list, BUT is this really worth doing for a decoration?  if this is the cost of the first list what are the harder lists going to cost not just for the individual but for the co-op as a whole, please don't say there are extra gifts on reaching  higher happiness I have seen those and they are pitiful, I don't know why but I have a feeling that the numbers of items we will need in later levels will be so high that  gold will have to be used to complete lists maybe that is a bit cynical on my part but I think we all know how GGS work lol this santa I feel will get very  greedy and loose his xmas spirit lol"

the above are all valid opinions. This is what you get when you allow feedback for all your brilliantly timed and quite questionable gifts to those from many different walks of life and ages looking for some FUN, and stress relief. The feedback is just as honest as the ggs response should be. I didn't see any deserved swear words. Reactions, yes, but those are just as valid as information provided by those willing to whip out a calculator. Especially considering how shocked your players were, it is understandable that people interested in playing a GAME and having FUN might not want to, nor have the time to start utilizing spreadsheet skills when ggs themselves often provide evasive, unmeaningful and obtuse quips such as "We cannot give any universal answer to this". "

Do you just not understand what WE are saying?

You say "This indicates that there could be a discrepancy between perceived difficulty and actual difficulty. Or it could mean that the difficulty changes a lot depending on playstyle, strategy, farm setup and level. "

Again demonstrating that arrogant lack of understanding, that "we are never wrong" attitude. In fact it changes based on the randomness of the product selection proving your fundamental IDEAS are WRONG, you do not, and probably can not understand what we are saying because we are based in reality, you aren't.

Kamilcon said "I think you are missing the point here a bit. Maybe some orders are doable - apart from those parts proven not to be by calculations already (which should be enough for you to see the point) but anyway. It is the overall investment compared to reward which put's a lot of people off. Who's going to put all this time and dollar investment into near useless deco and sort of laughable hw rewards? I certainly have a better use for it. And even if I could do it, it's not just me, but the whole co-op, with people spending much less time around computer then me. Your talking about "panic" is completely inappropriate here. It's not panicking. It's our assesment, and it is informed assesment. It could be more precise if everybody did all the calculations, but we would most likely arrive at the same conclusions anyway."

You never thought through what you were doing to begin with. Never once said "is this a game or yet another attempt at greedily blackmailing all the dollars / euros / etc. from our customers; are we cannibalizing our customers?

As Kamilcon says "No offence to you, but on the other hand don't think that we are all fools not knowing what we are talking about."

You say "Therefore we would like you to try and remain level-headed "

We are, we have used facts and figures, you are denying the reality around you; you say "General panic won't help", facts and figures don't sound like panic to me, do they sound like panic to you?

Nafaru, these answers are just so incredibly arrogant, disrespectful, and yes, downright stupid to attack your customers rather than listen to them; admit there are issues, that this isn't what was promised. Work on a fix, maybe stop this wish list and put up some prize for those who have started it; DO THE RIGHT THING FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS (disclosure - I did NOT start it as I foresaw issues from the original description)

Good customer service is meeting customer's expectations; you are busy creating expectations of aloofness, disrespect, arrogance. Not a good way to stay in business, especially in the social media age

FIX THIS!
  • Hmmmm Nafaru states we could get get a warning or cap on the donations, could GGS implement a nice simple thing like a warning into the use gold button ?  thought not . I have always wondered why GGS were so kind in giving us a 2nd way to sell crops, and with a bonus, its clear now why.. so that our stocks are vastly depleted for the arrival of the xmas event. As others have hinted, this is no longer a game its full time employment. I bet a lot of players stop playing on the lead up to Christmas, and even GGS are advising us to do just that .......
  • While the Santa's wishlist coop decorations are nice, the event demands way too much in donation tasks completed just to get a little bit more happiness put on the decoration...and that it is based on the player's level makes it impossible to complete the tasks of other members of your coop that didn't finish their tasks...I perhaps would be better off if everyone would start a new coop from scratch with only 1 member...in the ability to complete the decorations, don't you think? and that is what proves how ridiculous this event is.
  • Brave Ana (GB1)Brave Ana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 254
    Maybe in appropiate future will be just the CM's waiting for questions or giving the answers.
    But if we will not be not here?
    If we are gone?
    Good luck for your new customers and maybe (how the game is going actually) you will wake up.
    Until isn't too late.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Sorry in advance if this has been answered.  But I can't find it anywhere.

I'm in three coops.  Unfortunately one is not very active.  I doubt this event will get much play there.

Another coop is VERY active and yet no one seems to have a clue what they are doing?  I keep asking hows and no one answers.    
    GG WHY don't you include a page of actual INSTRUCTIONS with these events? HUH?

For this farm, I had planned to just ignore the thing.   BUT... it seems this is a coop effort and my active coop members are asking me to please help.   BUT....
    I STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW THE THING WORKS!!!!!!!

YES THAT IS SHOUTING!    Maybe SOMEONE will hear me?

~~~ calm ~~~
    ~~~ breath ~~~

Ok, EXACTLY HOW    does one coop member "help out" another?
    LIke what button does what?   If someone asks for pasta gift baskets exactly how do I donate mine? I tried donating requested items and if I don't have ALL of a given item I seem to have lost what I gave and the button goes gray. Done deal, out my goods for nothing.

It makes NO SENSE to me how it can even ask for quantities we can't possibly store? If you can't donate twice, how does that work?  At least with other events asking for goods, you give when you can and keep playing, give again and like that.   But this one doesn't seem to let you.

IN another coop, someone said "click on stats to see who is participating."
    I asked there and no one answered.    SO..... 
    WHERE ARE STATS???????  

I swear I clicked every darn thing in the event and don't see any stats of who is giving what.

Again if it were just me I'd ignore the whole thing as dumb, confusing, EXPENSIVE, and for what?  An over size piece of deco we can't even see what is worth?
    But my coop wants my help.   Wish I knew how.    
    Can anyone please clarify?
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    Artmaker, I am not doing this event so certainly don't know everything about it, but there are some questions I can answer.

You can see the statistics by clicking the tree then clicking the tab saying "Statistics for week 1."  At this point, the only information available is a percentage showing how much of the contract each person has completed.

You cannot help another player until the end of the week - Sunday, I think it is.  At that time, players who are active in the event will be able to donate items to help other players who have incomplete contracts.  There is a catch, though - the items you have to donate may NOT be the same as the items in the incomplete contract. To try to clarify, that means, for example, that if someone had a partly completed contract for corn, a higher level player might have to donate dandelions instead of corn to complete that particular contract.  It makes no real sense to me, but that is how it is designed for some reason.

I hope other players will be able to respond to some of your other questions as that is the only information I am sure of.
  • artmaker

other co-op members can not help each other until SUNDAY (assume hamburg time)

it doesn't matter what they are short, helping them doesn't work that way. based on YOUR level it gives an item and amount that is the same % of full

yes you can donate twice etc. until the end of the week - but if you don't fill everything you lose it all and start that week over, and over, and over ...

So take care,make sure he amounts are reasonable / doable or don't start
    edited 24.11.2015

Ok, EXACTLY HOW    does one coop member "help out" another?
    It makes NO SENSE to me how it can even ask for quantities we can't possibly store? If you can't donate twice, how does that work?  At least with other events asking for goods, you give when you can and keep playing, give again and like that.   But this one doesn't seem to let you.

IN another coop, someone said "click on stats to see who is participating."
    I
    The helping out of a co-op mate  who needs assistance with filling the order.... we''ll find out this Sunday when it is "last chance" day.  Be aware what you think you may be contributing to your co-op mates may be a different item (yes, shudders), it could change completely.  You contribute to the percentage that is lacking, in an item "that is geared to your playing level". Read the "spoiler alert tab" that Nafaru has in his post (and which Mira included in her response a few posts back).  Stay tuned for when the "fun" begins.

You can donate more than once to your own order, but cautiously type in the amount if you don't want to donate your whole stock in the barn.  If you have less than the full amt and want to donate everything you have.... then pull that donate tab all the way to the right, it will take everything you have available for that item (not counting what you've transported to bakery).

To see who is participating in your coop, click on the santa wish list christmas tree at the top of your screen. It will display your order list.  At the top are tabs with clasping handshakes.  Click on the one marked #1. That is this first week. Click on it, and you'll see the overall progress of co-op mates.
    Ok, found stats.  Thanks for that.   Now we can't help till the end of the week?   Great so anyone away on a Sunday is out of the picture.  

Know what?   I just sent out a note to my whole coop suggesting we ALL just let this one go.  It's too expensive and way way too costly.  As pointed out earlier, the island events are a real drain and if you don't at least do some of those you won't be able to send the ship on it's way, slows down the already slow to train horses.... etc etc.    
    And for what?   Oversize decor with an unknown possibly locked in place value?

If my coop wants to work on it anyway, I'll do my best to muttle through.   But I'm hoping they don't.
    This one has got to be THE WORST thing GG ever came up with to date.
    (WIth the single exception of when they redid the gourmet farm and no one used a calculator. THat actually lost players I knew who just left the game.)  
  • Nafaru

This IS the problem

Nafaru says "However, the event has only been active for 3 hours now. There is still plenty time to gather all those required goods. While the numbers may seem big at first, you shouldn't just fall into panic mode blindly or be led to conclusions by some orders that seem to be impossible to fulfill. 

Please take a look at your farms, check what you would be able to produce given your playstyle, amount of time available to play and production facilities and see for yourself if it is possible or not to finish your order. "

briannospamgame took the effort to, not just give you calculations like several others did but show you screen captures to prove his numbers -- and you just don't get it. You call this "panic mode" - reality, to you, is panic mode? Led by conclusions that some orders "seem" to be impossible to fulfill? They are there in black and white, why act the fool? take a look at your farms ... JUST WHAT DID YOU THINK ALL THESE COMMENTS ARE?

Crafty critters said "I am disappointed in your reply above too. Whether it has been 3 hours, 3 days, or 3 weeks is not relevant, we know our game and our farms.  There is absolutely no way that I can produce 4,510 olives with a Level 5 olive tree that makes 85 olives/6 hours x 6 days = 2,040 olives. Even at Level 7 it only makes 90/6 hrs or 2106 in 6 days. If I never missed one time!!!

Others have made statements that show that this is impossible too. Please do not insult us, by telling us not to panic. We are not panicking, merely stating the facts. The requests are simply impossible for some products.  Do the math.  GGS should fix this!!"

You said "Every cooperative has room to fail 1 week. This should give you enough freedom to try a strategy and change it if needed, once you see that too many members won't be able to fulfill the orders. "

You mean, like, telling members not to play this event?

You said "There are plenty of options (sacrificing some happiness to secure a visual upgrade, recruiting more members by the beginning of the week to help out on Sunday, etc etc.). Please try to find your personal strategy while we pass on your feedback and conduct analyses on feasibility of all orders. "

You don't understand just how petulant, how arrogant this is? You mean it didn't occur to you to test this beforehand and determine the feasibility of all orders, like making a limit of, say, 10% of individuals production? Simple, basic, easy to understand and program.

Later you expound with this complete arrogance "While we're not expecting that everyone has all their production facilities maxed out with the architect, we do expect players at certain levels to have certain facilities, though. 

Being above level 100 and only having one olive orchard, for instance, is a playstyle decision that we cannot balance our orders towards. If you actively decide to only have a few or none of these facilities you should also take into account that you might have to buy some goods for events. (Think donkeys, we know some players don't have any but they might be asked for in any event!)."

You just don't like your customers, do you? You don't like that people are different, that they have different styles, likes and dislikes. Don't worry, you are uniting us in complete disgust with you and GGS

MRG1 (level 170) says "So I spent (so far) $9.975 million to buy what I can buy, (still leaving me with just barely enough wheat, peaches, and olives to continue to work the farm)." - how many of us have 10 Million or so laying around for this?

You say "First results of our data analysis show that some users have already almost finished their first order, just some hours after starting the event - without spending a single gold coin, even as a high level player. "

Did it NOT occur to you that people have stockpiles in their barns, stockpiles they will NOT have in later weeks? How can you have such a poor understanding of your own game?

As tabanum said "Or maybe they were just lucky with their orders? They have highest possible barns for their level already stocked with asked items?

The balancing issue might come from adjusting the difficulty to player level instead to his barn size i.e My barns are not maxed so i have less storage than someone else on my level of xp ..."

Pingo4 says "However, you are incorrect in assuming that people are panicking here - this is not panic, it is a realistic appraisal of what we and our farms are capable of."

September says "May I also caution GGS/ anyone against using statistics such as "x% of people have already fulfilled more than 50% or so of their orders on Day 1" to conclude that the complaints of huge amounts of goods required are in the minority.

It's the start of the event and I'm assuming most people have their barns full of most items (barring the odd pasta gift basket, etc.)."

Do you just not understand your own game?

Cheshi says "Um, yeah, so how people initially feel when discovering the FUN event hyped about is discounted as "panic" and babblings of those without a clear and level head. It seems to me that ggs can create the hype, but can't use their much proclaimed tools of analysis to deduce when people say:

"The amounts are already beyond hard and this is week one and allegedly the easiest week"

"I need to harvest 80 hours to complete 1st week in game... impossible, lets forget this failure.Of course with gold it would be different but..."

"It looks like the least damage you can do to the co-op is not to start this scheme, starting makes it worse, quitting the co-op makes it worse but not starting is still a negative -- in other words blackmail"

"And what about this insanity: over 37k apples, and then over 5000 apple turnovers??? Where the hell will i find apples required for apple turnovers if i give all my apples away?"

"GGS - you absolutely surpassed yourself with his list.  SHAME~!

I have this also for my list:  37230 apples and 6160 apple pies, so I think mine is worse."

"SO when this started, the first of my three farms I just donated everything I had which clearly was a very costly mistake.   Stuff could have been better spent in the market, or ship, or my own farm.   THEN I looked at just how much is needed.  OMG!  INSANE amounts."

"I think this is just another event for the gold buyers to show us how hard they work (clicking on their 'buy gold' buttons) !"

"just a fraction of my list includes donating 2000 honey cream at a cost of 4,000,000 dollars, I haven't worked out the whole cost of my first list, BUT is this really worth doing for a decoration?  if this is the cost of the first list what are the harder lists going to cost not just for the individual but for the co-op as a whole, please don't say there are extra gifts on reaching  higher happiness I have seen those and they are pitiful, I don't know why but I have a feeling that the numbers of items we will need in later levels will be so high that  gold will have to be used to complete lists maybe that is a bit cynical on my part but I think we all know how GGS work lol this santa I feel will get very  greedy and loose his xmas spirit lol"

the above are all valid opinions. This is what you get when you allow feedback for all your brilliantly timed and quite questionable gifts to those from many different walks of life and ages looking for some FUN, and stress relief. The feedback is just as honest as the ggs response should be. I didn't see any deserved swear words. Reactions, yes, but those are just as valid as information provided by those willing to whip out a calculator. Especially considering how shocked your players were, it is understandable that people interested in playing a GAME and having FUN might not want to, nor have the time to start utilizing spreadsheet skills when ggs themselves often provide evasive, unmeaningful and obtuse quips such as "We cannot give any universal answer to this". "

Do you just not understand what WE are saying?

You say "This indicates that there could be a discrepancy between perceived difficulty and actual difficulty. Or it could mean that the difficulty changes a lot depending on playstyle, strategy, farm setup and level. "

Again demonstrating that arrogant lack of understanding, that "we are never wrong" attitude. In fact it changes based on the randomness of the product selection proving your fundamental IDEAS are WRONG, you do not, and probably can not understand what we are saying because we are based in reality, you aren't.

Kamilcon said "I think you are missing the point here a bit. Maybe some orders are doable - apart from those parts proven not to be by calculations already (which should be enough for you to see the point) but anyway. It is the overall investment compared to reward which put's a lot of people off. Who's going to put all this time and dollar investment into near useless deco and sort of laughable hw rewards? I certainly have a better use for it. And even if I could do it, it's not just me, but the whole co-op, with people spending much less time around computer then me. Your talking about "panic" is completely inappropriate here. It's not panicking. It's our assesment, and it is informed assesment. It could be more precise if everybody did all the calculations, but we would most likely arrive at the same conclusions anyway."

You never thought through what you were doing to begin with. Never once said "is this a game or yet another attempt at greedily blackmailing all the dollars / euros / etc. from our customers; are we cannibalizing our customers?

As Kamilcon says "No offence to you, but on the other hand don't think that we are all fools not knowing what we are talking about."

You say "Therefore we would like you to try and remain level-headed "

We are, we have used facts and figures, you are denying the reality around you; you say "General panic won't help", facts and figures don't sound like panic to me, do they sound like panic to you?

Nafaru, these answers are just so incredibly arrogant, disrespectful, and yes, downright stupid to attack your customers rather than listen to them; admit there are issues, that this isn't what was promised. Work on a fix, maybe stop this wish list and put up some prize for those who have started it; DO THE RIGHT THING FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS (disclosure - I did NOT start it as I foresaw issues from the original description)

Good customer service is meeting customer's expectations; you are busy creating expectations of aloofness, disrespect, arrogance. Not a good way to stay in business, especially in the social media age

FIX THIS!
    BRAVO.
    edited 24.11.2015
    poor Nafaru.   I know your just a forum moderator.  Not the game designer.  I sure wouldn't want your job with this mess now.

Yea one of my top coop members seems to agree with my suggestion to just let this one go.  
    Maybe next year, GG will figure out how to do it right.   They NEVER seem to launch anything new without anywhere from a few glitchy bugs to HUGE ERRORS in math and logic.  

I'll wave hi to Santa but I'm not stuffing his greedy bag.  

edited to add....  perhaps the designers forgot something rather important to an event that sort of requires group participation.

At least in the US.... Thursday is a BIG holiday here.  People get long weekends off work, many travel, families are together etc etc.... Sitting at the computer with this silly game is not likely to happen.  I usually hold off on dismissing inactive coop members during the holidays for this very reason.  

Thanks Giving is followed by THE BIGGEST holiday in the Christian world.  Christmas. And already the shopping insanity has started.  This is just not a good time to launch a confusing, complicated, and expensive event as this, and one that has to be intensely worked on for weeks at a time.   
    Let alone the time needed just to figure out how the darn thing works because they NEVER come with any sort of guidelines.  Just confusion.

Yea... Bah humbug.   

• we have read the comments, and nothing is still clear!

How does it work?

[1. a] to make first week, we only need to make the 100 % fullfilment. ???
     [b] we can use the 7 items as we want to. to reach the 100 weekly % ???
     [c] do we have to make all 7 items fully.. the first week ???

2, will there be a new list next week? or do we continue with the list, to fullfill the next 100 weekly % ???

3. i understand it like, after the 31 days we have made the whole list. no new list every week. am i correct?

if so, then i i also understand we can not start on next weeks ration

we are some that get totaly different results of reading these comments. 
    i hope to get answer from Community Manager. the one i belive is the only one that realy knows the truth
    Each person has 1 order (7 items) to fill - You have to donate all 7 items completely to get 100%. If you complete all the orders that your coop members have started, you will be eligible to move on to the next weekly step and you will all get a new order to complete.
  • musicdoc (US1)musicdoc (US1) US1 Posts: 43
    5090 Summer Bouquet - ties up flower shop two days. Value of product requested for my first week is just under 5 mill game dollars, lost to co-op. How is this a gift?
  • Two words: EPIC FAIL.
  • This whole event is flawed. I have read all of the above posts and I am still confused about how many have to get to 100% to get anything. It reminds me of the market when it first came to Big farm. Huge amounts of apples on 5 out of 6 contracts, after time GGS changed it.

I think GGS should listen to the players, many of whom are the same players that pointed out the flaws in the market.

Cancel or restart the event with lesser amounts needed.

My biggest annoyance with the whole event is the cost/time involved and dollars lost to the donations. We all have families, home or jobs to go to, this is only a game and at this moment in time, it sucks big time. This is no longer a fun game with all the bugs, events and pressure to buy gold. I also understand that GGS are a company there to make money but this is going to lose you more than you gain.

I have also just realized that we are also going to get other events running along side this Christmas event, when am I going to have time for anything other than Big Farm? I know where my time will be spent and it is not on Big farm.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Greedy Grinch Scrooge!
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    My orders are (among others) 17,500 milk and 5,110 fruit cake with cream.  Now, a lvl 7 bakery needs 1,360 milk for 482 fruit cake, so that means I'll need a total of 11 fruit cake runs, or 14,960 milk, for a total requirement of 32,460 milk.

Furthermore, assuming lvl 6 cows and goats, and that I can harvest, let's say, cows 2 times per day and goats 7 times per day, that would grant me a total of 357 per goat stable and 750 per cowshed per day, or a total of 5,250 per cowshed and 2,499 per goat stable over the week.

So I would need something like 5 cowsheds and 3 goat stables in order to manage through the week.

I don't know how many cows and goats the average player has, but it seems very harsh.  Especially since this is supposed to be the easy week.

On another note, as someone else suggested earlier, I think this would have been much better done as a communal event with everyone donating to a big pool to fill the orders.  And to solve the question of different levels required to donate different amounts, it could be done as donating "crates" of goods, and how many goods are in a "crate" would depend on the player's level.  For example, instead of requiring my 17,500 milk, it would require 100 crates of milk.  And for me, a crate would take 175 milk, but for someone of a different level, it might only require 50 milk.
  • e c burger (INT1)e c burger (INT1) INT1 Posts: 69
    CM Nafaru said:

I would like you all to focus on actual calculations, though, instead of just assuming that each and every order is too hard to fulfill given some examples shown on the forums.

First results of our data analysis show that some users have already almost finished their first order, just some hours after starting the event - without spending a single gold coin, even as a high level player.
    This indicates that there could be a discrepancy between perceived difficulty and actual difficulty. Or it could mean that the difficulty changes a lot depending on playstyle, strategy, farm setup and level.

Therefore we would like you to try and remain level-headed and give feedback based on your own orders instead of basing your own experience on experiences of other users (except if you would like to talk for them or emphasize on a general problem you see).

That's all I meant to say. General panic won't help, constructive criticism as well as thinking about potential strategies is more likely to do help in this case. :)
    I think you are missing the point here a bit. Maybe some orders are doable - appart from those parts proven not to be by calculations already (which should be enough for you to see the point) but anyway. It is the overall investment compared to reward which put's a lot of people off. Who's going to put all this time and dollar investment into near useless deco and sort of laughable hw rewards? I certainly have a better use for it. And even if I could do it, it's not just me, but the whole co-op, with people spending much less time around computer then me. Your talking about "panic" is completely inappropriate here. It's not panicking. It's our assesment, and it is informed assesment. It could be more precise if everybody did all the calculations, but we would most likely arrive at the same conclusions anyway. It's not relaxed Christmas fun, which many expected. Balancers blew it. Face it. 

As to gold reportedly not spent, the same results can be achieved using sea-weed stuff. Which basically still relates to gold as you don't get that much sea-weed products in-game withoug spending gold..

No offence to you, but on the other hand don't think that we are all fools not knowing what we are talking about. :) Many people have life, you know. :):)

EDIT: Ther's one point I can think of that would sort of justify your comments. That is you intentionally made some orders not doable while others more easily doable, so as to encourage mutual help among co-op buddies. Well, even if ...... I wouldn't go for that either, unless I see at least half of co-op budies with contracts like a piece of cake. :)

• september. (US1)september. (US1) Posts: 72
    edited 24.11.2015
    On another note, as someone else suggested earlier, I think this would have been much better done as a communal event with everyone donating to a big pool to fill the orders.  And to solve the question of different levels required to donate different amounts, it could be done as donating "crates" of goods, and how many goods are in a "crate" would depend on the player's level.  For example, instead of requiring my 17,500 milk, it would require 100 crates of milk.  And for me, a crate would take 175 milk, but for someone of a different level, it might only require 50 milk.
    Hi Pietral I agree that it does seem harsh and difficult.

About GGS requiring different levels to donate different amounts at the helping stage on the 7th day, I think this is not a good idea at all. The biggest problem is that it assumes that higher level players are able to complete their own orders and it would not be a challenge to make up the shortfall of 17500 milk (from a lower level player). Many high level players here have posted calculations of their own products and they are no easy feat!

As GGS varies the amount and type during the helping stage, the hypothetical 17500 milk might just turn out to be 20000 apples for someone else.

Therefore, the best solution is to keep the type and amounts of products the same for anyone wishing to help make up the shortfall.

My fuller reasons are in pg 6, at https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/2712486/#Comment_2712486

at this point I would like to thank the community managers and all those who have helped to collate the various reasons and suggestions to tweak this event! Very hard work scrolling through the forum!
This discussion has been closed.