Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Wish List - Your questions and comments

Comments

• This Santa is a robber indeed ! It is not possible for most of the players to fulfill these insane orders, and those of my coop who actually can, with a lot of work and effort, will not be able to help others on sunday.
    During these weeks we will gain 0 dollars because we will have to produce and give to Santa all the time. We wont have time to produce other products.
    And what about this insanity: over 37k apples, and then over 5000 apple turnovers??? Where the hell will i find apples required for apple turnovers if i give all my apples away?
    I also dont have dollars to buy apples since they are very expensive.
    I dont see a purpose of this event, the worst holliday event in history that requires tons of gold wich i dont have the money to buy.
  • contrary (US1)contrary (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    edited 23.11.2015
    Too bad..glad I did the math before starting & will just ignore the event besides I have to save Piggles..LOL
    Happy Farming All...
    Post edited by contrary (US1) on
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    i want to know how is the happiness increases of deco that we ll get at the end of santa event?
    is we all coop members get the same or it ll depend on certain factor or it is the sum of all coop member happiness value determined by each player
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 23.11.2015
    CM Nafaru said:

I would like you all to focus on actual calculations, though, instead of just assuming that each and every order is too hard to fulfill given some examples shown on the forums.

First results of our data analysis show that some users have already almost finished their first order, just some hours after starting the event - without spending a single gold coin, even as a high level player.
    This indicates that there could be a discrepancy between perceived difficulty and actual difficulty. Or it could mean that the difficulty changes a lot depending on playstyle, strategy, farm setup and level.

Therefore we would like you to try and remain level-headed and give feedback based on your own orders instead of basing your own experience on experiences of other users (except if you would like to talk for them or emphasize on a general problem you see).

That's all I meant to say. General panic won't help, constructive criticism as well as thinking about potential strategies is more likely to do help in this case. :)
    I think you are missing the point here a bit. Maybe some orders are doable - appart from those parts proven not to be by calculations already (which should be enough for you to see the point) but anyway. It is the overall investment compared to reward which put's a lot of people off. Who's going to put all this time and dollar investment into near useless deco and sort of laughable hw rewards? I certainly have a better use for it. And even if I could do it, it's not just me, but the whole co-op, with people spending much less time around computer then me. Your talking about "panic" is completely inappropriate here. It's not panicking. It's our assesment, and it is informed assesment. It could be more precise if everybody did all the calculations, but we would most likely arrive at the same conclusions anyway. It's not relaxed Christmas fun, which many expected. Balancers blew it. Face it. 

As to gold reportedly not spent, the same results can be achieved using sea-weed stuff. Which basically still relates to gold as you don't get that much sea-weed products in-game withoug spending gold..

No offence to you, but on the other hand don't think that we are all fools not knowing what we are talking about. :) Many people have life, you know. :):)

EDIT: Ther's one point I can think of that would sort of justify your comments. That is you intentionally made some orders not doable while others more easily doable, so as to encourage mutual help among co-op buddies. Well, even if ...... I wouldn't go for that either, unless I see at least half of co-op budies with contracts like a piece of cake. :)
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 23.11.2015
    At the risk of getting my head chopped off, Im gonna dare say I quite like this new event. I should mention I have a lvl 138 farm, and our small coop is mostly made of high level farm players. It's only the first day, and most in my coop have already donated nearly 50% of goods. The few low level farm members who are struggling we will happily help out at the end of the week. The fact that we can actively help other members I think is a great new addition.
    Surely the "hard work rewards" are not much of an incentive, but I love collecting new decs, so Im quite happily ogling that ice palace. Going to take it easy, and thanks to my relaxed coop I can. So I wont be spending any gold, just lots of farm dollars. *ka-ching*

• Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    Nafaru, thank you for responding to the concerns raised in this thread.

However, you are incorrect in assuming that people are panicking here - this is not panic, it is a realistic appraisal of what we and our farms are capable of.  As many people have posted, few have the leisure to play this game all day long.  People have jobs and other real life commitments.  Harvests get missed.  I have more time to play than most, but I am not in the game 24/7, nor would I want to be.  

As for the people who have already finished their contracts, good for them, but how many of them bought items to fill the contracts?  Do you have information on that?  What size were their barns?  Those with blue barns have twice as much storage as the people with red barns, so the event could potentially be easier for them.  Someone in my co-op has almost filled her contract.  I asked her how she did it, and she said it was an easy contract including dung, which any higher-level player has in abundance.  My contract calls for things that I never make in the Flower Shop and Bakery, and don't want to make because they have such a low value they aren't worth making for me.  I am not going to forgo the profits I could earn making Honey Cream and spend two days making Romantic Bouquets for nothing - that is ridiculous.

I don't see a lot of motivation to take part in this event either.  The prize is a 7x7 deco of varying happiness.  I have no room on my farms for a deco that large and have never seen other players asking for large decos - the requests are always for smaller decos that are easier to fit in.  Whatever deco my co-op gets, it will sit in my drop box until I get tired of seeing it there and give it to Greta.

The final point that needs to be stressed is that a Christmas event should be FUN - not a longer and more intense version of the Hard Worker Event.  What would be wrong with making it easier to fill the contracts?  Why not make it so that people who have jobs and other commitments can take part?  As it is, a lot of players are left with the choice to either burn themselves out trying to fill insanely large contracts, or feel they are letting their co-op down by not participating.

It is not too late to fix this event.  Please, please adjust the amounts the contracts ask for!
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    At the risk of getting my head chopped off, Im gonna dare say I quite like this new event. I should mention I have a lvl 138 farm, and our small coop is mostly made of high level farm players. It's only the first day, and most in my coop have already donated nearly 50% of goods. The few low level farm members who are struggling we will happily help out at the end of the week. The fact that we can actively help other members I think is a great new addition.
    Surely the "hard work rewards" are not much of an incentive, but I love collecting new decs, so Im quite happily ogling that ice palace. Going to take it easy, and thanks to my relaxed coop I can. So I wont be spending any gold, just lots of farm dollars. *ka-ching*

Keep your head on. :) I actually like this event too. I'm just not gonna play it for above reasons. It was already mentioned that the event might very well work for players with storage full of dollars which they have nothing to spend on. :) And of course for some "game addicts" too, which I know is not your case. Just mentioning it. I think everybody is aware that negative feel is not what 100 % players got and some will like it as it is, as always. That's our freedom of choice. I can only say "enjoy your event". :)
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 23.11.2015
    LMBO!!!!!!
    This is the worst event GGS has come up with yet. I will NOT be participating in this event. And I am not alone.I have not heard 1 good word about it.
    Wow, I hope newborn babies & puppies get a little more time before being sentenced to a life of rejection...

Helpful criticism requires specific examples of what isn't working. One has to try something for a bit before one has gained the experience to even determine if something isn't working. Let us at least wait until day 2 (of a 41 day event) before we award the grand title of 'worst'.

On day 1, my worst criticism so far is, 'thanks GGS for trying something different. I'll get back to you on whether or not I like it'.

Happy holiday season ;)

Edit: I would like to know more about the effect of a member who is inactive for a time (vacation, holidays, school trips, etc) and never starts an order for one of the 5 weeks. How does that affect the co-ops efforts? I'm already getting emails about member's holiday plans
    Post edited by Raven68 (US1) on
  • At first glance, the rewards for the first week do not compensate the player for such hefty donations.  Perhaps this gets better?
  • My co op members would like to know how Sunday works.  Do we get to see everyone's lists?  How do we know what they need?  It would be helpful to see what everyone needs so we can begin saving to help them out on Sunday, although it would be best if we could help them all week long . . . or better yet, one list that the entire co op can work on and help build teamwork
  • Baldera (SKN1)Baldera (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 192
    Hi,

3 questions to fill up the orders  without filling all 7 orders

1: do we just need 100% to win? 

2: is it possibel to fill upp 5 from 7 orders + fill more than requestet in these to get 100% without filling naything in the remaining 2 and will this count som 100% done ? getting the reward 

3: ist it possibel to get 100% and get the reward with filling upp f.e. 5 orders and start 2 orders but don`t fill them up - fill more in the 5 others  ?

thanks for helping 
  • Question: is this  'event' just a way to let the players buy a lot of gold. And by doing so let GGS make a lot of dollars/euro's
    Of course that is the whole point of it.
  • At the risk of getting my head chopped off, Im gonna dare say I quite like this new event. 
    Buhhh. out with you  ;) (of course I'm just joking here :) )

I find it's very fine that you and your coop want to take part in this event, and I'm really hope to you and your coop that all off you get the deco up in it's highest possible level with the highest possible happiness. :)
    - Good luck and happy farming. :)
  • Here we go again.  If we all hate GG so much why are we still here?  Because this is a fun game and good entertainment.  This is a tough event but it will be a hoot to participate in it.  Will I spend gold on it? NO! Will I enjoy the event and gain what I can from it? YES!  I don't need the top prize maxed out or even the lowest prize.  I just need entertained.  Will there be other events like this? YES. because Brat Pack and the other top alliances will pour money into this event.  They will wear their CCs out and keep the game free for those of us who spend moderatly or those that spend nothing at all.  My advice is enjoy the event for what it is and remember, this is only week one of five.  It will get harder as we go.  
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 23.11.2015
    @PlayerSamedi (INT1)   said
     "And what about this insanity: over 37k apples, and then over 5000 apple turnovers??? Where the hell will i find apples required for apple turnovers if i give all my apples away?"

What?? You do not have several hundred real dollars, euros, or local currency to buy the gold to do this?

GGS - you absolutely surpassed yourself with his list.  SHAME~!

I have this also for my list:  37230 apples and 6160 apple pies, so I think mine is worse.

Post edited by adoptapet (US1) on
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    First results of our data analysis show that some users have already almost finished their first order, just some hours after starting the event - without spending a single gold coin, even as a high level player.

Or maybe they were just lucky with their orders? They have highest possible barns for their level already stocked with asked items?

the balancing issue might come from adjusting the difficulty to player level instead to his barn size i.e My barns are not maxed so i have less storage than someone else on my level of xp, and to upgrade i need an architect (he comes once in blue moon, and stay for few hours, and i'm always building something else).

While we're not expecting that everyone has all their production facilities maxed out with the architect, we do expect players at certain levels to have certain facilities, though.

Being above level 100 and only having one olive orchard, for instance, is a playstyle decision that we cannot balance our orders towards. If you actively decide to only have a few or none of these facilities you should also take into account that you might have to buy some goods for events. (Think donkeys, we know some players don't have any but they might be asked for in any event!).
    Are the hard work rewards earned each week or just once over the lifetime of the entire five weeks?
    Given the happiness at hand, they are designed to last for the whole event.

However, we're already forwarding your feedback in regards to those. Let's see if any changes are possible to increase their value.
    i want to know how is the happiness increases of deco that we ll get at the end of santa event?
    is we all coop members get the same or it ll depend on certain factor or it is the sum of all coop member happiness value determined by each player
    We cannot give any universal answer to this as happiness depends heavily on player level.

The higher your level, the higher the happiness can get. Overall you could create a quality level 7 decoration. That's a higher happiness/square ratio than was ever reached by any decoration previosly. And to top that all off, it's animated!
    Kamilcom (GB1) said:

It is the overall investment compared to reward which put's a lot of people off. Who's going to put all this time and dollar investment into near useless deco and sort of laughable hw rewards? I certainly have a better use for it. And even if I could do it, it's not just me, but the whole co-op, with people spending much less time around computer then me. Your talking about "panic" is completely inappropriate here. It's not panicking. It's our assesment, and it is informed assesment. It could be more precise if everybody did all the calculations, but we would most likely arrive at the same conclusions anyway. It's not relaxed Christmas fun, which many expected. Balancers blew it. Face it. 

As to gold reportedly not spent, the same results can be achieved using sea-weed stuff. Which basically still relates to gold as you don't get that much sea-weed products in-game withoug spending gold..
    Analyses have not been conducted with as much detail, however heavy seaweed usage was not reported.

As for the investment compared to rewards, we're in discussions with Balancing to at least deliver some more clarity on their goals or find optimization potential for the event.

Well though-out comments, without fulsome rhetoric, such as yours or Pingo4's below help us a lot to deliver your feedback for the latter.
    Nafaru, thank you for responding to the concerns raised in this thread.

However, you are incorrect in assuming that people are panicking here - this is not panic, it is a realistic appraisal of what we and our farms are capable of.  As many people have posted, few have the leisure to play this game all day long.  People have jobs and other real life commitments.  Harvests get missed.  I have more time to play than most, but I am not in the game 24/7, nor would I want to be. 

(...)

It is not too late to fix this event.  Please, please adjust the amounts the contracts ask for!
    I do realize that "panic" might have been the wrong term here. And I would like to apologize if any offense was taken.

As I said, the point I was trying to make is that we need level-headed assessments of the situation, clear examples of what is feasible or not. Clear statements about what bugs you with the event, and so on and so forth.

There seem to be a lot of variables to be taken into account. Our summary of comments contains several points being made, ranging from general loss of dollars over orders that are too hard to fulfill during the Christmas season to the decoration just not feeling worth the effort.

So keep the comments going, we're definitely interested in all the aspects that you like or don't like about the event!

And thanks for keeping it constructive! <3
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 23.11.2015
    At first glance, the rewards for the first week do not compensate the player for such hefty donations.  Perhaps this gets better?
    My understanding is that it gets more difficult as BabaZEba said.  So if I find this first week impossible....
  • BabaZeba53 and I are married and in a 2 person coop.  After talking about this event over the breakfast table, here is what we have decided to do.  BabaZeba will fill his order this week and I will help him finish it on Sunday.  I am not filling my order this week.   Week 2 I will fill the order I get and BZ will help me on Sunday and he will take the week off and not fill his order.  We will alternate like this until the event is done.

We hope this plan will allow us to participate without totally draining our resources as it will give us a week ON and a week OFF to build our inventory back up.  And we will get what we get with NO gold spent.
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    CM Nafaru said:

We cannot give any universal answer to this as happiness depends heavily on player level.

The higher your level, the higher the happiness can get. Overall you could create a quality level 7 decoration. That's a higher happiness/square ratio than was ever reached by any decoration previosly. And to top that all off, it's animated!
    is that 100% sufficient for quality level 7 ?
    how to increase the quality level of the deco

• @Latten & @Nafaru

At what point and when will we be able to see what our coop members need in order to fill their weekly list?

Also it would be really NICE if GGS would allow us to use gifts on the bakery and flower shop, some of these orders are very time consuming and require lots of items and time.

Now... I am saving my thoughts/comments for later as I am reading the posted info, because all comments good or bad are helpful to us.
  • To CM Popeye - ok so I have a question - when it says you can choose to skip a donation and it won't affect the coop going to the next level.... does this mean you cannot donate anything in the list at all???? is the 100% needed for the whole list or just each thing you start in the list... idk if i'm making any sense but I don't know how else to put my question! LOL
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 23.11.2015
    Bah, humbug. Didn't realize Scrooge worked at GGS.

I can't believe you expect us to donate stuff for a month, thereby not even able to produce the necessities to run the farm, and not earning money. It would have been reasonable if it was excess of what I need to run the farm, but come on.

You want 8920 wheat. I produce 960 wheat every night using premium humus. which equates to 6720 in a week. Somehow you expect me to also produce wheat during the day to fulfill Santa's wish list. Which means I can't use any of that wheat to produce cow feed, and I will not be able to produce as much Chicken or Pig feed, because my fields will be tied up all day producing wheat.
    You want 5240 Pasta baskets from me, I can make 535 every 10 hrs, so it is do-able but I earn nothing while doing it, so basically it is costing me money.
    You want 4490 Olives. That is more olives than I can produce in a week, meanwhile I will not be able to produce Olive oil.
    Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
  • The fact that arouses in me the most confusion is the fact that the products which another player can complete the other player the task may be something completely different than what the other is missing.
    League joint planning of in the performance of all the participants of tasks is impossible, because you can not know in advance what the other player's task requires.
    Inspiring the opportunity to help other allies left to chance :(

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Ok, I have stopped trying to get a heads up on upcoming events.  I wait till they start and try to figure it out.   SO when this started, the first of my three farms I just donated everything I had which clearly was a very costly mistake.   Stuff could have been better spent in the market, or ship, or my own farm.   THEN I looked at just how much is needed.  OMG!  INSANE amounts.   THEN... I read chat in another farm where it points out you have to donate ALL or NOTHING.   Now first of all I don't even see how that's possible.  Some items ask for more than my full barns can hold.   So this means the whole coop MUST share in donating?   Totally lost on exactly how one shares to someone elses.  
    Once again GG puts out a confusing thing with no directions what so ever.

So one other farm, this time more cautious, I only donated a few things I happened to have all of. Got me up to 14%.   Of what, and to get what, who knows.

So looking for what the big reward is.... BIG is the key word here.   7x7 decor? AND NO VALUE OF the decor to be found.  I have too much decor as it is.  Stuff has to be really good to be worth it, especially when it's so big.  Means storing several items to place one.  

Know what?   THis is a loser to me.   My last coop I posted that I'd be willing to help fill someones order, assuming it's clear just how to do that.    But that's it.   Too costly for an unknown reward value.  Stuff is better spent elsewhere.  
  • count me out on your gold digging schemes, my list is not doable,and i will not be participating in it, been a whole lot of excitement over nothing, prizes i see really suck,and after doing the figuring, can't do it anyways in a week, but if i did, i already see the prizes, not worth the effort, and again thanks for hyping everyone up about an event , then letting them down, this event is all about you making money, and not fun for the players
  • CM Popeye said:
    FYI. There is an issue with the counter not stopping when you reach the first limit of donating. This will be fixed tomorrow.

-Stan

Are there plans to return excess goods donated because of this programming bug? It wouldn't take much programming to check donation levels and credit back amounts above the requirement.
  • Mira (US1)Mira (US1) Posts: 103
    BabaZeba53 and I are married and in a 2 person coop.  After talking about this event over the breakfast table, here is what we have decided to do.  BabaZeba will fill his order this week and I will help him finish it on Sunday.  I am not filling my order this week.   Week 2 I will fill the order I get and BZ will help me on Sunday and he will take the week off and not fill his order.  We will alternate like this until the event is done.

We hope this plan will allow us to participate without totally draining our resources as it will give us a week ON and a week OFF to build our inventory back up.  And we will get what we get with NO gold spent.

I hope you've read the part about where you CANNOT help anyone fill their order if you have not started an order yourself.  So your plan will not work.
  • FYI. There is an issue with the counter not stopping when you reach the first limit of donating. This will be fixed tomorrow.

-Stan

yeah - so In regards to that statement - I am VERY NOT HAPPY (and that's putting it very lightly) with that b/c I just donated all my dung with out realizing it wouldn't stop at the limit needed - so I just LOST 456,340 dung - which is ***INSANE***! it took me forever to build that up - I should be able to get that back but I know with GGS history that'll never happen! :((((((( very very very upset about this......
  • As an avid player of the game, I have to express my disappointment in the way this event is unfolding. Our co-op was very excited about this, we even tried to stay up late to "see Santa" , only to be crushed when we saw what you expected us to do. True, we are a small co-op, only 20 players, but more than 3/4 of us are unable to complete our missions, even if they wanted to. For example, the honey and honey cream. We currently have 4 players who can even produce this item, and all of them have shown that it is physically impossible for them to even complete this order alone, never mind being able help out others with it.  This is supposed to be the easiest level right now and already most of us are out, therefore most of us won't even get to play in any of this event which isn't the way it should be. I think it might be time to re-evaluate the amounts of item required, and tone it down so we all can at least try to make the most of this event. Thanks!!!
  • Cookiie4me (US1)Cookiie4me (US1) Posts: 704
    edited 23.11.2015
    BabaZeba53 and I are married and in a 2 person coop.  After talking about this event over the breakfast table, here is what we have decided to do.  BabaZeba will fill his order this week and I will help him finish it on Sunday.  I am not filling my order this week.   Week 2 I will fill the order I get and BZ will help me on Sunday and he will take the week off and not fill his order.  We will alternate like this until the event is done.

I hope you've read the part about where you CANNOT help anyone fill their order if you have not started an order yourself.  So your plan will not work.
    Awwww ....  well there goes that plan.  Thanks for pointing that out to me Mira.   Back to the drawing board or back to my original plan of not participating at all.   Merry Christmas to ALL.
This discussion has been closed.