Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Event - Santa's Wish List - Your questions and comments

Comments

• Christmas is such an expensive time of year
  • @CM Nafaru  or @CM Latten 

I'm not clear on what happens if an incomplete order is not finished by a player on the last day.

Does 1 player have to complete it or can all players chip in a little to complete it?

Also, if the order is not complete on the last day, then what happens?

Is that player just not able to move on, or is the whole Co-op held up until that order is finished

**** IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE!!!!

PLEASE!!! Can we get a start time for the Event, for the last day and an end time?  GGS time is 9 hours ahead of our USA, California, PST.  Which means GGS's 11/23 on Monday at Midnight, will actually be Sunday 11/22 at 3PM PST for us!  I'm sure that there are many other times zones that are different too. I really think that the best way to handle this to avoid ANY confusion or lack of time doing the event, etc. is to tell us when it will start.  I do expect it to be based on GGS-German Time/Date, but we need to make adjustments for a possible start on our Sunday in my Co-op!

• so if you are ill and spend 3 - 4 times a week in clinic / hospital you should not start any orders?

Way to go GGS; not just excessive greed but insulting to disabled veterans
  • I am not having a good "holiday" feeling about this event, sigh. 
  • @Craftycritters (US1)  Steffi already answered your question about the times, when you asked it before...

CM Nafaru said:
    I'm afraid we won't be able to tell you the exact starting and ending times of the event, but the starting date, which is November 23rd.

However, each weekly step will be exactly 7x24 hours long and the first week will be a easier in difficulty than all subsequent weeks. In case you missed the first couple of hours of the event, you should still be able to manage everything.

• so if you are ill and spend 3 - 4 times a week in clinic / hospital you should not start any orders?

Way to go GGS; not just excessive greed but insulting to disabled veterans

You have a week for each set of orders, 6 days to work on it your self and on the 7th day the rest of the coop can help finish them.  Once all orders are done in the coop extra can be donated to increase the score/reward. 
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I know I am not here for full 35 day event + I do not farm as much as I did but think if I take Santa's list will be expected to do at least 80% of work thats how GGS has done things in past.So will that mean I have to collect eggs still warm for X amount of hours per day? Then donate them for no money but for points towards 7x7 decor which when on farm will mean removal of some decors which I spent $ upgrading with Greta then have to spent more $ getting happiness back to where I was before I removed my decors Then in background the new temp farm is running so I come out of event + farm + upgrades bankrupt? What fun 
  •  Then in background the new temp farm is running so I come out of event + farm + upgrades bankrupt? 
    Do not worry that you go bankrupt.
    I am sure that we will get the opportunity to buy a lot of dollars for gold or real money.
    -And yes, it is meant as a bad joke .... although it certainly appears to fit that we will offer to buy a lot of dollars
  • Will Greta be able to upgrade these decos?

The anouncement mostly sounds like they will be like the Telescopes, you get higher happiness by donating more goods than you are asked for, but this line...........

On top of this progress meter, you can find your personal happiness indicator. This indicator shows the happiness value your final reward decoration will get and which quality level it will hold.

.... says the decos will have a quality level, so then they would be upgradeable. Yes? No?

• That's a very good question Scissors, and I hope it would be possible to upgrade (or demolish) the deco with Gretha's help.
  • Sounding good.....but we will see. At least it is festive. 
    I have never bought money from moneyica {pun intended) and think event ends before 28/12 that date is when I last bought gold. Santas list may be the event that stops me farming if it looks too much of a gold push by GGS Wait and see
  • @Lesley52 (GB1)  Why would it stop you playing?  It sounds like everyone in coop gets progress rewards & a deco at the end. It may be that to get the top deco with a really high happiness might need some gold use (maybe not, as you say, we will see) but even if thats true, it wouldn`t stop your coop from having fun collecting all the other stuff without needing to spend gold. I don`t plan on spending gold to get a better deco, we will get what we get without stress, afterall it is meant to be a holiday event. :)
    @RunsWivScissors (GB1)  I used eggs as example but am worried that santas list will include figure of eggs where I have to collect straight away for X amount of hours for 7 days or use gold to get eggs so thats why in last 4 months lost the fun for me + why it could stop me playing
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 22.11.2015
    HELP!

Friendly request:

Could somebody please (if you would have the time) list for me the English names of the 6 decorations (in the right order from low to high value) from this Santa Event?

Many thanks in advance!
    edited 22.11.2015
    There is Snowy igloo. Snowbound cottage  Glacier manor . Frosty Ice Castle   Frozen crystal palace.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 22.11.2015
    HELP!
    Could somebody please (if you would have the time) list for me the English names of the 6 decorations (in the right order from low to high value) from this Santa Event?
    But of course! 
     There are 6? Mmh I only see 5 in the deco tower, and they are called (from lowest to highest)
    1) Snowy igloo 2) Snowbound cottage 3) Glacier manor 4) Frosty Ice Castle 5)  Frozen crystal palace. 

Edit: ooh sorry, @Lesley52 (GB1) already answered, post didn't show before.. *refreshing* *click* *click* *grumble*
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 22.11.2015
    @Lesley52 (GB1) and @Michiru (GB1) 

You are both darlings - thank you ever so much!!  <3

(and of course you are right Michiru, there are only 5 decos! Greedy me wanted 6 I guess)  ;) 
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Anytime @Jiesta (NL1)  :*

I know who's coming for you @21WormSparkle (GB1) muharharhar!

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Well, it's past midnight C.E.T. and no sign of Santa!!!
  • Well, it's past midnight C.E.T. and no sign of Santa!!!

No, I haven't seen him either!
    Well, it's past midnight C.E.T. and no sign of Santa!!!
    Got 31 days for Santa  Expecting lump of coal lol>:)
  • you did not answer the question; in your arrogant manner you assume we all have all-this-time to use solely on this game  This seems like blackmail - the rest of the co-op doesn't get the top prize because you can't afford the time or gold to complete these donations., I don't play the events because they inevitably want you to donate something too expensive, that you could better use on open market orders

It looks like the least damage you can do to the co-op is not to start this scheme, starting makes it worse, quitting the co-op makes it worse but not starting is still a negative -- in other words blackmail

and why in the world would you start any competition when you still have bugs - I spent 7 1/2 hours yesterday where I could not either get on correctly (I would click on something and it could not respond) nor stay online longer than 60 seconds.

are you so greedy, do you have so little respect for your customers. that it never occurred to you to have an opt-out for these challenges? Or are you afraid that no-one would play them? If you want to create gold-spending opportunities why not enlarge the farms, create more crops to grow, create more permanent farms (besides main, gourmet, and flower), create a town with buildings / trades we can interact with, a train station to sell crops to: permanent things we can uplevel / grow -- at our own pace; not throwaways like temporary farms or challenges / missions which seem to solely exist for you to take our money

This is a game; where is the fun?
  • "@Lesley52 (GB1)  Why would it stop you playing?" - This is supposed to be a game, a farming game. Games shohld not cost $500 - 1,000  a year just to keep up with competitions that seem invented solely to get that money. If they wanted a competition why not have a temp farm with, say, $10 million in competition dollars built in NO BUYING additional dollars; the winner is the one with the best output at the end? That way instead of competing on how much you spend, it would be on how well you farm

"It sounds like everyone in coop gets progress rewards & a deco at the end. It may be that to get the top deco with a really high happiness might need some gold use (maybe not, as you say, we will see) but even if thats true, it wouldn't stop your coop from having fun collecting all the other stuff without needing to spend gold." -- except that if anyone doesn't spend enough gold to complete what GGS decides is ok FOR YOUR LEVEL - they ALL don't get the top happiness; you ARE hurting your co-op

" afterall it is meant to be a holiday event." - sorry, blackmail just doesn't seem to be a holiday activity

• @RunsWivScissors (GB1)  I used eggs as example but am worried that santas list will include figure of eggs where I have to collect straight away for X amount of hours for 7 days or use gold to get eggs so thats why in last 4 months lost the fun for me + why it could stop me playing
    I see what you mean, I am also worried that reduced income for such a long time could badly effect our farms, especially those players still trying to build theirs up, who don`t have a 2nd or 3rd farm to keep making money from. It will be interesting to see how well the balancers have done on his one. :)
  • I got Santa's wishlist and first thing i see is that i have to donate almost 9000 wheat.......In order to succeed i should plant wheat whole week......
  • I got an order for 4990 pasta baskets, good grief!

• ingse1 (GB1)ingse1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 32
    Someone  at BF must have made a mistake.
    There is no way my Coop are going to participate in this event when the rewards are so  worthless and  the amount of goods we have to deliver is so humongous.
  • eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    I agree with Winnie the Pooh. I also have to make more than 9000 wheat. That's an insane number. I must have some time to make corn or cabbage as well. I could buy these items, but because of all the other demands I won"t be able to make money enough in the flower shop or bakery. Who has thought these numbers out?
This discussion has been closed.