Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - November 3rd - Winter is coming (again)! - Discussion

Comments

• Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    I don't mind the snowy effect on and around the farm, although I have to say my sandcastle and bridges look a bit strange surrounded by white.  But am wondering how long the white snowy effect will remain on our farms?  I'm really hoping it won't stay until spring, it's bad enough having snow outside for months on end, I'd rather not have to look at it on my screen until April.  :)
  • While I am sure many players will love this, I don't. I come here to get away from winter. I wish it would have been done as a landscape; as a choice.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Am I the only one who have the x-mas tree deco's from 2013 and 2014? :)

No Brian - I have both trees too - they are in the shed and when Christmas comes they will get their rightful place on my farms. Anxious to get my 3rd one, as I have 3 farms  :)
  • B) I just have to say that I like the winter snow patches. Get's me into the mode and ready for our winter in Colorado. And I got the free winter landscape just moments ago. I have not bought one yet, so I do appreciate the freebie!

• I do see the gift box with Play Next and it will go to the next one and let me watch all I want with absolutely no reward  :(
    Are you looking for the rewards in Inventory?
  • The snow should be a choice, it is very hard on my eyes. Also, dont ggs know that the southern hemisphere is heading into summer. Love to be able to turn it off
  • I like the snow.  Only problem is some of my decorations, like sand castles, look a little out of place in the snow.
  • I love the snow, what a neat effect!  I love Frida's background, thank you for the free one.  I think it would be great to have all 4 seasons.  snow for winter, maybe rain/mud puddles and such for spring, of course summer which we've had.  And maybe falling leaves for autumn.  But either way I love this, its the snow without the cold!  Awesome!!!!  Thank you.
  • Would be great if we could turn the snow on and off when we need to see better.  the f3 key thing to dim the screen didnt work with my computer.   
  • NO TO  THE GLARING SNOW !   NO TO NEW MYSTERY BOX VIDEO UPDATE!   NOT  HAPPY !     BOTH ARE 100%  ANNOYING !! 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Am I the only one who have the x-mas tree deco's from 2013 and 2014? :)

Maybe that's why Omar just now sell the 2014 xmas tree? ;)
    I have both.  Yes, they were selling last year's event deco through Omar.   I thought it was not appropriate for them to be selling a deco that had to be earned through the Christmas event last year.  That is just not a classy move.
  • I have both trees as well, looking forward to take them out of the shed :)

4 weeks to go :):)

• CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey guys, Thanks a lot for all of your honest feedback. I am very happy that the overall mood is positive regarding our latest update.

For the videos, we had to keep the same test group moving forward as this is the only way to ensure the data we are collecting during this test phase is as accurate as possible. I apologize to those of you that were njot chosen.

-Stan
  • Woohoo I found me a snowman in my flag box!! photo Spongebob_zpsba2a8721gif

photo Frosty Flag_zpspr1tigumpng

• lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    edited 04.11.2015
    There appears to be another downtime happening, with no notification?  Or is it just me? 

Edit : oopps found the notification, please ignore  :*
  • i don't like that mystery box in video update......... 1st one was gud in which we can choose one gift out of 4.... revert it back.. don't like it
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Rounding bug still not fixed.
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 04.11.2015
    I love the seasonal change the snow creates - looks like an early autumn snowstorm has hit my farms. Brrrrrr, I can feel the chill in the air. Now when I set my Magical Winter Tree out on the farm, it will fit right in w/ the season. (good thing I've got a hot spring to soak in!)

Nicely done, GGS :smiley:
  • As we are coming in to Winter....not
    Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. oih, oih, oih -
    As we are almost at our end of beautiful spring time of year, heading VERY early into Summer, 
    I hope your winter snow melts, giving us precious water to those in need. 
    Happy farming
    katmorr :)
  • jello (AU1)jello (AU1) Posts: 1,040
    I have found the best thing after turning the monitor brightness right down and still suffering several seizures is play the game with sunglasses on :)
  • I have found the best thing after turning the monitor brightness right down and still suffering several seizures is play the game with sunglasses on :)
    WOW thats not good.... the seizures part I mean, I am sure the sunglasses look wicked  B) I  must admit, I thought people were exaggerating a bit about the glare, because I don`t really see much difference on my screen, as there isn`t a lot of snow, its mostly still green. I am curious though, why were there not more complaints about the Viking farm? There was way more snow there. Have they done something different that is making this snow worse?
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    I had no idea there are so many photosensitive vampire farmers around.

Beware the snow, it reflects too much sunlight! Quick, pass around the leaded suncreme or someone might burn! Gaaarrgh!!

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I guess if they just lost the big white diamond under the farm itself, the glare problem would be much reduced whilst keeping the very pretty trees and outlying bits and the lovely drifts at the bottom of the fences.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    I'll join the "snow criticism" club here. Too much white on screen is always a problem for some comp users. Although I admit in this case it's not that horrible, and especially around farm it is designed in a sensitive way. I sort of like the look of it for a short while, with some exceptions, but definitelly don't want to be subject to that for months, weeks, not even days. Feature like that should be optional. Many will not like that and seasoned game maker like GGS should be well aware of that.

Regarding cinema, imo promo feature like that should basically reward nothng else then exclusive currency, gold in this game. Giving a few dollars or certificates etc. for it is just a bad joke and a sort of exploitation of plaxers. Here Greedy Game Studio again stands true to it's nick name. :):):)
  • I love the snow on my farm! We don't get very much snow where I live. Just ice. Great idea ggs!
  • The test group, should have been on a test server.  At least that would have made less headaches and would have been fair to all.
  • I like the old way of choosing the reward you get. I won't waste my time for a prize that i can't determine.

• bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    I have found the best thing after turning the monitor brightness right down and still suffering several seizures is play the game with sunglasses on :)
    WOW thats not good.... the seizures part I mean, I am sure the sunglasses look wicked  B) I  must admit, I thought people were exaggerating a bit about the glare, because I don`t really see much difference on my screen, as there isn`t a lot of snow, its mostly still green. I am curious though, why were there not more complaints about the Viking farm? There was way more snow there. Have they done something different that is making this snow worse?

My farm is fine too Scissors, as are my girls farms.  And I am not sure where all the snow is between the fence and the greenhouse, as one player mentioned - I have hardly any snow there on my farm.  I agree about the Viking farm, I don't play the temporary farms but like to visit my friends to see how they are progressing with theirs, and there the farm is completely covered with snow - way more than we have now.

• Woohoo I found me a snowman in my flag box!! photo Spongebob_zpsba2a8721gif

photo Frosty Flag_zpspr1tigumpng

My snowman is out again :):)
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852

And PINJO, I've also signed up on a gaming website but since a good month of 2, I'm playing on the official website. Give it a try and you will see the welcome center and the video's. ;) 
    Wow, i did not think about that. Thanks for telling me that.

Owh that is weird, my level 177 account is not known when logging in on the official site, not starting over as i already put way too much time in my account. And double accounts are not good so i can't start a new account as i already have account on all servers.
Sign In to comment.