Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Naughty and Nice Price Hike?!

2»

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Will N&N be staying through Halloween?
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    Yup, it's supposed to end shortly after Halloween, CEST. 
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    CM Latten said:
    So, players will be able to buy the mysterious seeds and spooky ghosts to attack other Co-ops during the championship?  Genius idea.  
  • AS we know it all comes back to GGS expecting us to use GOLD. It is behind everything they do, we see these seeds as a prank, a laugh, an annoyance even possibly a gift. GGS however see someone in the co-op challenge putting these  seeds on a competitors mission... and then the competitor having to speed things up using GOLD. The same with the events, as mentioned by others you may have planted rice to complete in time your task... then gone to work or a hospital appointment etc. Upon returning to the game your rice field has been pranked ( could be someone like myself who often "sparkle" the rice to give them that bit extra) So now time in the event is running out and you feel it best to use GOLD to complete the task, you might not even have any rice seeds left, so you would have to use GOLD. This used to be a lovely fun game to play, now it is ruined..
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 03.11.2015
      I agree with what's been said in this thread. We plant our fields with certain crops for a reason. It's part of our strategy. Anything that can potentially alter our planned harvest in a negative way is a PRANK, not a Gift. The Mysterious seeds belong on the Naughty side, period.
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
      I agree with what's been said in this thread. We plant our fields with certain crops for a reason. It's part of our strategy. Anything that can potentionally alter our planned harvest in a negative way is a PRANK, not a Gift. The Mysterious seeds belong on the Naughty side, period.
    Yup, we passed this on to Game Design, and we personally agree. While its possible that a bunch of really cool things happen with it (eg: corn -> event seeds, cabbage -> premium seeds etc), we totally understand that, after all, it still can feel like a prank. We'll see if this will be changed for the next time, you can be sure we forwarded your criticism to the individuals responsible for the sorting :)

Greetings,
    Timo
  • I have to agree with @Yakoska (US1).

And I would like to thank @aaabbb1 (INT1) for the good idea/suggestion to coordinate things a bit and thus use the d*** seeds on wild flowers. I suggested this to my coop members an we agreed to do so when having a more quiet week... and are looking forward to having some fun.
    At least the so called e-mail "gifts" from GGS are good for something (as we don't want to use these unkind pranks in missions nor the CC - never did - never won't)
    I have to say, I do agree with @Yakoska (US1) as well.  However, pranks can be quite funny at times and 10% of the time the victims also see the good side of life and these pranks. Or am I proving myself as a complete wombat? Oh idc anymore. Lol
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    Pranks between friends, either with forewarning or not... is one thing... pranking a random stranger, without even being in a mission, say, or with intent to hurt like during the Co-op championship... is like playing craps.  You're never sure what you'll get.

-Y
    CM Latten said:
    Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  This is the kind of wonderfully declarative and amazingly direct statement that I absolutely love.  Bravo!  Brilliant!  Keep 'em coming.
    A Christmas N&N would be fun, wouldn't it?
  • A Christmas N&N would be fun, wouldn't it?
    But.....   the price to buy charms  should stay at 3 karma instead of raising it to 5 karma 
    edited 29.10.2015
    Or I would return the favor, but it seems the ghost hex doesn't tell you who did it?  That's pretty crappy too.  Oh well, ready for my day off.  :)

-Y

edit>  Now, having finally discovered the counter for the Ghosts, let me just add.... whoever wrote the 'info' for that particular 'trick' was deliberately misleading.  Clearly will be promoted in the future for intentionally deceiving the patrons of this fine game, and probably causing an upswell in purchases due to their misapprehensions about the trick lasting 24 hours.
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    Yakoska - if you hover over the farmhouse you can see who pranked you with the ghost
    Ahhh too late now, thanks.  In any case, there is a bug... one way or the other.

Not realizing that the prank was so short lived, I did my farms.  Cows at 10.5 hours, Fruit Cake at 12, etc.  After I saw the ghost counter (It was hidden on my main by two Co-op championship boosters, and the garage booster.  I happened to check my fruit cake, which returned to 7 hours and 55 minutes, and indeed this morning, its done.  My cows however, still require 2 more hours.  So the bug is, either times that were supposed to reset to normal (the cows) didn't... or the times weren't supposed to reset to normal (fruit cake) did.

-Y
    You can merge this post wherever it belongs, but when did they change it so you can't seaweed (or humus of anytime) a 'treated' garden?

-Y
    Are we ever going to be able to use N&N on the temporary farms?
  • tracey40 (GB1)tracey40 (GB1) Posts: 113
    edited 31.10.2015
    Let's start naming the prankers here and see if we can figure out who they really are. I've been under attack for the past 24 hours by . Never come across either of them. Both in very small co ops with hardly and XP. Can't clear the prank on -  my farmhouse keep getting error message.

Edit by PINJO: no naming and shaming
    Post edited by PINJO1986 (NL1) on
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    I think you'll find the CMs/Mods don't like naming and shaming on the forum.
  • At this point I don't really care. I can't clear the hex because the pumpkin ghosts aren't working.
  • Tomb (US1)Tomb (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    Let's start naming the prankers here and see if we can figure out who they really are. I've been under attack for the past 24 hours by . Never come across either of them. Both in very small co ops with hardly and XP. Can't clear the prank on -  my farmhouse keep getting error message.

Edit by PINJO: no naming and shaming

I got pranked and couldn't clear locked me out for 24 hours and of course no response from Good games
  • I understand people's criticism of the mysterious seeds, but I LOVE them!  That's because I only use them on fields where people have a) given me the ok, and b) are planted with wildflowers or corn.  I think it is FUN!  Also, been hitting my friends fields and she mine, and we are making big bucks!  It can be used as prank, which is another plus!  I don't do pranks but if i find myself in the position where I have to, I'll use mystery seeds (much cheaper!)

Oh, please bring them back!  I LOVE them.
    Latten has said that the price change on the "charms" from 3 to
    CM Latten said:
    Only for Halloween, since due to the lower gold prices, we expect more Karma to be in the game :) When regular N&N starts again, we'll be back to regular prices.

Okay then, the price change on the "charms" from 3 to 5 karma was because there would be more karma in the game.  And, I presume you were attempting to keep the karma more-or-less steady.  I have been thinking about this.  Why not lower it to 2 karma for a charm.  Here's why:  Even at 2 karma, karma diminishes at a rate of 50 percent, which is fast.  If someone sparkles you 40 times, you would be able to buy 20 and if you used them on one person, they could then buy 10, and so on.  So the rate at which it diminishes would still be fast.  However, isn't more karma in the game a good thing?  Most players that I interact with use the karma in a positive way.  It helps build and re-enforce relationships, which helps keep players in the game (which helps keep them wanting to purshase gold).  People would still buy the other N&N effects with gold because they are more powerful.  I find the sparkles to be enormously positive in the game, so I cannot see why you wouldn't want more of it in the game.

And, why can't we sparkle the bakery and flower shop?  I suspect I have a clue as to how they got left out, but why not include them?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file