Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Naughty and Nice Price Hike?!

BIG QUESTION from new Halloween Naughty and Nice:

The price of the +15 percent charm is now 5 karma points.  Is this a temporary price hike for Halloween?  Or will it be that way when regular N&N returns as well?  It has always been 3 karma in the past for the +15 percent charm.

Comments

• CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    Only for Halloween, since due to the lower gold prices, we expect more Karma to be in the game :) When regular N&N starts again, we'll be back to regular prices.
  • GGS has another big problem with naught & nice:  the mysterious seeds!  For one, its in the "gift" category yet its hardly a gift to turn a 6 hour field of wheat into a 6 hour field of corn!   And an 8 hour field of sunflowers into an 8 hour field of cabbage!  False advertising!!  I want my money back.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    The price of the +15 percent charm is now 5 karma points.  Is this a temporary price hike for Halloween?  Or will it be that way when regular N&N returns as well?  It has always been 3 karma in the past for the +15 percent charm.
    As Timo already said, this is just a temporary change with the Halloween version of Naughty or Nice.

All tricks and treats are significantly cheaper to buy with gold, as the season is very inviting to trick fellow players. Hence earning Karma is also a lot easier during this event and we had to adjust Karma costs accordingly.
    They will normalize as soon as the regular event returns.

GGS has another big problem with naught & nice:  the mysterious seeds!  For one, its in the "gift" category yet its hardly a gift to turn a 6 hour field of wheat into a 6 hour field of corn!   And an 8 hour field of sunflowers into an 8 hour field of cabbage!  False advertising!!  I want my money back.

Aww, you got very unlucky in this case.
    Every sort of combination is possible with Mysterious Seeds. You could put them on a wildflower field and get wheat within 2.5 minutes. In turn it's also possible that an 6 hour harvest of wheat turns into wildflowers that keep their 6 hour growth timer.

That's the fun in this treat, you can never tell what your friend will get. :smirk:
  • erryka (AU1)erryka (AU1) AU1 Posts: 132
    I wouldn't call it fun if you had special cabbage required to fill the 7500 needed for asian event turn into wildflower.

I would be very angry if that happened.
  • CM Nafaru said:
    As Timo already said, this is just a temporary change with the Halloween version of Naughty or Nice.

All tricks and treats are significantly cheaper to buy with gold, as the season is very inviting to trick fellow players. Hence earning Karma is also a lot easier during this event and we had to adjust Karma costs accordingly.
    They will normalize as soon as the regular event returns.

GGS has another big problem with naught & nice:  the mysterious seeds!  For one, its in the "gift" category yet its hardly a gift to turn a 6 hour field of wheat into a 6 hour field of corn!   And an 8 hour field of sunflowers into an 8 hour field of cabbage!  False advertising!!  I want my money back.

Aww, you got very unlucky in this case.
    Every sort of combination is possible with Mysterious Seeds. You could put them on a wildflower field and get wheat within 2.5 minutes. In turn it's also possible that an 6 hour harvest of wheat turns into wildflowers that keep their 6 hour growth timer.

That's the fun in this treat, you can never tell what your friend will get. :smirk:
    I love it so much on here , it is such fun. I do not know who has the biggest giraffe, GGS or myself. GGS can adjust Karma points for Haloween but cannot adjust other things without getting the whole programming team out of bed. I wonder how many players will gain anything from these Mysterious seeds, especially as we may require certain crops to finish a task, and how will all these changes effect the event drop rates. But never mind we can always use GOLD.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I was even noticing the lowered prices of other N&N items.  Fair point.

I assume that if I buy an ominous rake or anything else halloween-ish, that it goes into my inventory and that I can use it at anytime, even if Halloween is long over.  Is this correct?
  • That's the fun in this treat, you can never tell what your friend will get. :smirk:
    I love it so much on here , it is such fun. I do not know who has the biggest giraffe, GGS or myself. GGS can adjust Karma points for Haloween but cannot adjust other things without getting the whole programming team out of bed. I wonder how many players will gain anything from these Mysterious seeds, especially as we may require certain crops to finish a task, and how will all these changes effect the event drop rates. But never mind we can always use GOLD.
    When I saw this I really thought GGS would be giving NICE seeds, like sunflowers, etc.  This is NOT a nice gift; it is at best a roll-the-dice combo of nice & naughty.  Why did I ever think it would be favorable to players??  Throwing rose-colored glasses into the trash can.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 22.10.2015
    Sigh.  Was hoping to buy some lucky charms...  guess I will wait.

-Y

edit>  But I can't say that the logic works for me.  Lowering gold costs for N&N to increase the attractiveness of it over the Halloween season.... but then hiking the 'retaliation' cost... i.e. Karma point cost... will kill that aspect.   Either by simply diminishing the returns on the karma, or by people simply holding on to it.
  • mrpotatohead (GB1)mrpotatohead (GB1) Posts: 60
    edited 22.10.2015
    I just got a 'GIFT' of roses, this just set me back an entire day, my wheat is planted for a reason, because I need wheat when I log back in. I had double XP for 2 days, so I have basically lost 30xp for nothing.

So it's a war game?
    coops and players can go to war by messing up peoples farms!!!!
    Going to go find a farming game if that happens again.
    Make an opt out at least.

"That's the fun in this treat, you can never tell what your friend will get."
    Yeah I got helically attached to an inclined plane.

This game is broken enough without having to deal with 'gifts'.
    Not Fun.

I was even noticing the lowered prices of other N&N items.  Fair point.

I assume that if I buy an ominous rake or anything else halloween-ish, that it goes into my inventory and that I can use it at anytime, even if Halloween is long over.  Is this correct?
    I am really hoping for a "yes" or "no" from GGS on that second part.......................
  • I too would like an official answer on the question.  The gifts and pranks bought during the Halloween N or N event can be used after the event is over?
  • My whole issue with the "mysterious seeds" was the fact that it was being sold in the "nice" column ..... nowhere is there an indication - prior to my post and the CM response - that it was a gamble.   Yes, it is fun if you know the risk going into the game.  And no, its not nice to have someone think they're giving you a gift that turns into a horrible, expensive prank.
  • A very expensive gift.
    I got 3600 dollars for my roses 'gift'.
    I have 3 events running at the same time, i'm only level 33.
    The loss of 1 field of wheat overnight has cost me drops from the wheat, 30xp + drops from the mill, unable to feed 1 cow shed which results in a loss of dung for the silo, which can't be used on my cherry orchard which makes me 39,000 dollars for the candy farm event.

So where are my experience points?, candles for halloween event?, blossom for mysterious asia event?, candy dollars for candy farm? my time?

4 events at once, and one of them can seriously mess up the other three.
    I earned and paid gold for my field, under german law I think I'm entitled to do what I want with it, without interference.
    I learned this about the mystery seeds.  You must humus the regular seed before someone does it to you.  You cannot humus it after it has been done to you. (I figure this to be unintended, because it makes no sense).   I had someone do it 10 times to me as a test. 
    I got...........
    1 rapaseed
    1 wheat
    3 sp Wildflower
    1 Wheat
    1 rose
    2 rice
    2 hibiscus

I personally find that distribution quite disappointing, but that is just my opinion on that part.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    Yes, all gifts and pranks will remain in your inventory and can be used at a later date.
    My whole issue with the "mysterious seeds" was the fact that it was being sold in the "nice" column ..... nowhere is there an indication - prior to my post and the CM response - that it was a gamble.   Yes, it is fun if you know the risk going into the game.  And no, its not nice to have someone think they're giving you a gift that turns into a horrible, expensive prank.
    We've passed on your feedback in regards to this specific gift/prank already.

We also got an explanation as to why the mysterious seeds have been placed in the "nice" column. This was not to throw you off, but merely because this item can have both a positive (and a big one at that if you're really lucky) or negative effect, while Spooky ghosts are solely naughty.

I would suggest you coordinate usage of mysterious seeds with your fellow cooperative members for a bigger effect. If you know what they're planting currently and if they're in need of the respective produce for whichever event, mission or progress step they're trying to achieve, you can make an educated guess if using this gift will have a nice effect.

Remember, wildflowers could even turn into sunflowers that are ready after 2.5 minutes. How nice a gift would that be? :sunglasses: 

• Hmmmm and Elvis might turn up for lunch with me today... Please if ANYBODY ( no fake accounts) gets wildflowers that turn into sunflowers , post it on here .
    I had waited ages for the twins to appear to buy a few gifts for the co-op members that level up etc, geeez they would be annoyed if they were wanting rice and it turned into corn. I cannot really see how players can " coordinate " when you have no idea what the outcome of the gift will be. In the end though, if your "needed" crops have been messed up , you can always use GOLD to complete the event.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 23.10.2015
    You can coordinate a bit. If you are both online, you can agree in a chat room that one player saws normal wildflowers and that another player uses the mysterious seeds on wildflowers. However it turns, you will get something better.
    A very little better (corn) or much better (event seed).

It is not worth 50 gold to turn wildflowers into corn, that is true, but at least you would not do any harm.

Of course, thay can be used to make a demage if one intends.
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    I don't know how badly you have to have angered fellow players on a specific server to be constantly pranked with the switcheroo seeds. We just discussed among friends and let each other know which field is ok to "potentially spoil". Both of us got Rice out of fields we didn't need for anything else. ;o
    I would plant wildflowers and let a friend know they can use it on the flower field. I do agree though that there could be a bigger description that it can turn the field into literally anything, from anything and that the time will stay the same. =)
  • Its good to know that Goldflowers can`t be changed, now that would be annoying lol.... It would be nice if things could be changed into Goldflowers though. hehe photo 24_zpsrquk0gyhgif
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    Just hopping in to say that I HATE that new gift. I had 10 fields of cabbage, just because I need cabbage, and two got changed into sunflowers and hibiscus flowers by a random person's account I have never even seen before. Gives more money, yes, don't need that. Not a bad trade, okay, but I do not NEED it! Just let me have my cabbage fields if I want them... Now I possibly need to buy cabbage to keep that mill running. Good thing you decided not to delete the buy option after all!
  • Larino,  "delete the buy crops with cash option" is next to be sorted out.
  • GoodFarmer88 (INT1)GoodFarmer88 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 36
    edited 23.10.2015
    I mean, really.... Someone is mad because of the prank... that can be bought for a few days and once in a year... and can only be seen if someone uses it on you, so you can be 'mad' only at that person, not prank-creators, but i think many wished just the best, not to make someone crazy-mad and react so childish.
    So, who on WWW1 is crazy enough to want to see ghosts flying on their farm and slowing everything? :)
    If there is someone, send me a message to arrange mutual spookiness :)
  • Not happy about spending money on these seeds only to realize it may destroy a whole field someone has planted to help in cooperative. A better treat would have been karma to really increase production on a teammates field.... just saying.... or something more advantageous
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    I mean, really.... Someone is mad because of the prank... that can be bought for a few days and once in a year... and can only be seen if someone uses it on you, so you can be 'mad' only at that person, not prank-creators, but i think many wished just the best, not to make someone crazy-mad and react so childish.
    So, who on WWW1 is crazy enough to want to see ghosts flying on their farm and slowing everything? :)
    If there is someone, send me a message to arrange mutual spookiness :)
    Maybe when it happends to you when they pranked your all your fields on wich you are growing Spec Cabbage with premium humus overnight to complete the 5th task of this event into normal WF you would be slightly angry also.
    After-all the asia event is not the most easy event to complete.
    And pranking somebody you don,t know does not show a sign of beeing funny.
    I am sure that when a player from your coop will do it,it will be something different.
    I personaly don,t like to see the ghost flying over my farm also,but it is the time of the year.
    But pranking somebody you don,t know that is childish in my eyes.
    On this way you create unwanted enemies or hete-feelings to another player.
    And afterall we play this game to have some fun and complete the events,not to create a hostil situation.

Happy halloween to all, and like John Lennon would say make peace not war. Or in this context make friendsand no enemies 

• So, why is this 'question of enemies' asked now? We had different kind of pranks that also could get mad another person before this Halloween. I don't know what statistics are saying about using those, but i think that this time of the year is time when those pranks actually fit very well.
    Maybe someone who used mysterious seeds on others fields didn't know that planted seeds can get into 'worse' seeds. But he/she can blame just their own understanding (it says RANDOM new seeds)
    I got instead of wheat - magical beans and rice :) I could get sunflowers or roses or wildflowers ... That is a risky prank. I got it from a friend - same co op.
    Why would someone use that seed on a person that is not their friend, I don't know. Maybe those affected by magic can ASK that person, instead of us.
    Only reasonable question for us or moderators - why seed was in a 'nice' column', if we can get 'bad seed', but answer was quite understandable, you could get very good seed instead of cheap and short growing, so it doesn't belong so much in a naughty column.
    Pranking person that i don't know or surprising her/him with something that i don't quite understand what it is, is not my cup of tea. That's why i asked if someone wants mutual pranking, because those ghosts sound interesting (if they pop up from every harvest for example, or sometimes fly over field or orchard.... i still don't know).
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    The very basic problem is that many, many players have a limited amount of time to play.  They plant special cabbage seeds (or rice) to complete a step in the Asia event, or whichever seed is required for the silo event, only to come back to their farm and find someone has pranked them (it IS a prank) and the careful planning they put in to ensure they could complete the event on time, has been wasted because instead of harvesting cabbage, they are now harvesting sunflowers (or other crop).  YES, they can sell the sunflowers for dollars, but it doesn't fix the fact that the timing for the event has been thrown off for them.  

Also, as we know, the Co-op Championship will be starting shortly.  The 'old' pranks could slow down harvesting special corn/WF for a mission.  THIS PRANK, which changes your crops, can wreak havoc on the field missions.   Which genius at GGS didn't consider that before making this type of prank available?  Yes, Mr. GoodFarmer88, they can only be purchased for a few days once a year, but is there a limit on the number a person can purchase?  (Purchased for gold, I doubt there is a cap.)  
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 24.10.2015
    I am not asking you why a random person I do not know pranked me with a gift. I am merely saying that it is hardly a gift and can really put you on the wrong track. You think you are doing something nice while it is actually very annoying.

So even when a better crop comes out of it, it is still a prank imo. Why? Because one did not plant that crop for a reason! If I want sunflowers (which is a high reward gift in fact, most money can be made on those and they are fairly rare) I will plant sunflowers. And it's not that easy for everyone, I understand, not everyone has the amount of seeds in stock that I have and not everyone has the choice to sow certain seeds at any given time.
    Fact remains that one did not choose to sow that and one counted on the field to yield their cabbage or even corn or flowers for a mission or George's silo or an event or simply because one needs them to mill feed or make flower farm products. See, enough reasons why one would need seemingly crappy stuff. And again, yes I understand that corn grows only 5 mins and flowers grow 2 mins so you can easily make new. But still I would consider this a prank instead of a gift because even though it is very little, it sets you back and you need to redo stuff because of it, which is what the original pranks also do. They set you back in time.

Edit: what happens to your fields of rice? I try to use as little rice seeds as possible with super humus on them to finish the task with as little seeds as possible to make sure I have enough seeds to make it and not need to buy some with gold. Do we get that seed back? Probably not. So I got whatever from that gifted field instead of rice, I fail the task, I need to use one more seed, which sets me back in time and uses up one extra seed that I would not have needed otherwise. And above all, the person that did that to me thought he was giving me a gift! If one gives you a prank to prank you, okay, that was meant to set you back and annoy you. I cannot say anything about that because that is what 'prank' means. But gift means gift and should work like a gift. This is too unpredictable to be a gift.

This supports what Duffy said btw, same idea, just my own wording.
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    I don't mind the ghost flying around. But seriously, that 'spooky ghost' prank?? Who thought that would be funny? It doesn't only slow down production times, it also reduces the capacity of your barns. Repair time is 24 hours!! 24 hours, in the middle of three events and coop projects!
    Thanks GGS.

• Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 25.10.2015
    Yes, the ghost prank has the makings of Rage Quits, especially during the Co-op championship.  Hardly a smart move.

-Y

Edit> I also wanted to add my two cents on the explanation that the Seeds are in the Nice Column because they are nicer than the Ghosts.  Uh yeah, this is a true statement.  But once again it smacks of programmer laziness.   "Well we have two columns... we want to add something that doesn't really fit into either column... should we make a third column, or just shove it in and let the players figure it out?"  Poor decision making.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I have to agree with @Yakoska (US1).

And I would like to thank @aaabbb1 (INT1) for the good idea/suggestion to coordinate things a bit and thus use the d*** seeds on wild flowers. I suggested this to my coop members an we agreed to do so when having a more quiet week... and are looking forward to having some fun.
    At least the so called e-mail "gifts" from GGS are good for something (as we don't want to use these unkind pranks in missions nor the CC - never did - never won't)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file