Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - October 20th - Seasonal preparations & Candy Farm events - discussion

It's that time of the year again, there is candy - everywhere!

Read our recent announcement to learn more about further additions to the Candy Farm and seasonal preparations for events to come in October.

You can then ask all your questions here. Have fun! :smirk: 

Comments

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    New event's could be fun yes, but i cannot say i'm waiting them.
    Not, when game does not work properly.

• Tweetyr (US1)Tweetyr (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    shouldn't we fix the game before we have more activities start? I know I cannot participate in anything other than my main farm.
  • New stuffs, additions & seasonal events sounds fun and exciting but not making it interesting enough to play with the setbacks and problems associated with earlier updates!!!

The line "problems will be soon resolved" doesnt seem reliable till date. Weeks after weeks are passing by....updates after updates are being done BUT the problems are not resolved yet. When will GGS team shift their attention to rectify the ongoing issues ?

• CM Nafaru said:

Read our recent announcement to learn more about further additions to the Candy Farm and seasonal preparations for events to come in October.

---seasonal preparations for events to come in October.

It is already the 19th of October!  Only 12 more days until Halloween!  I hope that the Halloween Events come out soon, not so very late as they were last year, that many could not even finish until way after Halloween! What fun is it to decorate for the holiday with your new Flag and Decos AFTER the holiday?  No fun in that at all for me!

I want the Halloween Events, because they are so much fun around the holidays.

Bu, I would like to see the Candy Farm put on hold until the general overall performance of the game is fixed.  The bugs causing the slow screens, screens freezing up between farms, slow loading, white gears, in ability to harvest, or plant, etc. are fixed.   When is the new game engine Starling going to be operational?  Not fun to do the candy farm when you can't even get things to work to do the basic playing of the game. Time is important in the temp. farms too.

Also, I would like to know why the amount of vouchers we get with the candy farm was not increased to balance with the other temporary farms?  Seems like a waste of millions of dollars if the payout is so much less. Didn't anyone listen to what the players said about it the last time?

Also, we asked for the scale on the Candy Palace to include the amount needed for each level, but there has been no mention of that.  Is that going to be done, so we know what our goal is for each level?

Can we please have more decos, and workers available?  I could not get enough workers to upgrade things like I wanted to.  And having around 14 or so houses and no way to get more workers was upsetting.  I had so many cotton candy machine decos, can we please have something else to decorate with too?  We need higher happiness for the decos.  There just is not enough room for enough decos to keep your production costs at a reasonable level.  Yes, I know you can buy more decos with gold and houses that give a few more workers, but not all players can use the amounts of gold needed, especially those under 18 yrs., or those who just can't buy that much gold.  Please be fair and make it possible for all to enjoy and win the top prizes, gold or not.  Many will still buy things with gold, just to get there faster, etc.

Some asked more tasks for the candy farm too.  They will always be a lot of new players for the temp. farms, who have not developed their own strategies yet. Are we getting more tasks?

I really expected so much more the next time the Candy Farm was put out. In round 1, initially there was some major problems with the machines, that had some fixes done to try to balance it right, but not in time for us to benefit much from it. There was a big discussion about it and the opinion of most seemed to be that the game needed to be balanced further as far as the processing times, etc,.  It was the first temp. farm in which I felt I had saved up enough money (93 million) to really give it a good try to win the event.  With the problems that it had, I really felt ripped off.  Now it's here again and we have heard nothing about the game being further balanced so the pay out in vouchers is in line with the other temp. farms, or that the machines will function better so we are not behind in production, etc.  I want to play it again, it was fun, but I m feeling like it will just be a rip off again. So sad, I wanted it to be so fun the next time.

Please help me understand what has been done to improve it this time around. 

Thank You.

• CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    CM Nafaru said:

It is already the 19th of October!  Only 12 more days until Halloween!  I hope that the Halloween Events come out soon, not so very late as they were last year, that many could not even finish until way after Halloween!

(...)

Also, I would like to know why the amount of vouchers we get with the candy farm was not increased to balance with the other temporary farms?  Seems like a waste of millions of dollars if the payout is so much less. Didn't anyone listen to what the players said about it the last time?

While I cannot give any information about the upcoming seasonal event or when it starts, I think the general timing of the event will be better than last year's version. ;)

As for the Candy Farm, we have done a lot of analyses and noticed that the farm was easier for lower levels, just as intended. However, data suggested that there may still be some space for improvement.

With new events and booster books around, though, and due to the fact that we had a balancing bug midway during the last edition of the event, we will have to continue our analyses in regards to this matter.

Theoretically, given the data we have, this farm should still be roughly around the same difficulty as previous temporary farms.
    Of course there is some variance in editions (just as with themed events being easier or harder for some fractions of players), so you will never be able to compare temporary farms 1:1. And as this is only going to be the second edition of this event, we're still very open to suggestions and feedback. :)

Cheers,
    Steffi
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    And what will be the awnser to craftycritters question about fixing the problems Cm Nafaru???

Not a word about that problem!!!

Or is NOT fixing the problems bringing more money because the hardcore players will buy more gold to finish the events???

I prefer to fail all the events then spending 1 more € in real money on a game that is sabotaged by this kind of problems and by the Company leaders finding excuses and hiding behind new to be incoorporated useless features

Normaly i buy gold for the temporaly farm,but now i save it up to buy me a real pumpkin to remind me there is halloween coming up and i have my deco already

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    New event's could be fun yes, but i cannot say i'm waiting them.
    Not, when game does not work properly.

I am afraid I have to agree with Dara - love to have new events, very much looking forward to an Halloween event - but not when the game doesn't work properly! 
    And what will be the awnser to craftycritters question about fixing the problems Cm Nafaru???

Not a word about that problem!!!
    We're aware of some performance issues and it seems we can pin a lot of these down to the most recent PepperFlash version (.207 or .226) used in Google Chrome. For now, using another browser or deactivating PepperFlash in order to activate Adobe/Shockwave Flash in Chrome should help to avoid the most grave client performance issues.

As this issue seems to impact other games as well, especially if 2 or more pages with Flash content are opened at the same time, it is possible that we cannot have any impact on the situation with Chrome until a fixed version of PepperFlash is released. We're still investigating if this is indeed the case or if there is any additional fix we can apply.

However, this discussion is more suitable to happen in the technical help section of the forums. Other users looking for help with this specific problem would probably benefit from your shared experiences there.

• Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    Thank you  Nafaru. That is a awnser clear enough.

It is the silence and avoiding the awnsers that makes me goes slightly angry.

Thanks again   Nafaru

• yorkydevil (GB1)yorkydevil (GB1) Posts: 85
    edited 20.10.2015
    Sorry but I have just had to roll about on the floor laughing my head off and crying. Adobe flash player has had very serious problems with security, GGS have not even made an attempt to warn us except for the CM advising us to use Chrome because pepper flash has more security, YET here we are ... Nafaru telling us to stop using pepper and use another version of flash ( which you'll have to download).
    The bottom line is as long as GGS are getting the Gold sales they are not bothered what happens to the customers.
    We cannot directly update pepper flash, chrome does it automatically, so If chrome updates is OFF, you'll have to manually check CHROME for an update. Oh and Adobe Flash Player released a new security patch a few hours ago, so update that.
    Seeing as GGS are aware of problems playing the farm, it would be a great idea to postpone any NEW stuff until it is FIXED, I know they want to grab as much Gold Sales as possible but come on GGS put the customer first for once. As for the Halloween Event, that should have been running by now... unless they expect us to buy the reward before the event finishes ...
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    CM Nafaru said:
    As for the Candy Farm, we have done a lot of analyses and noticed that the farm was easier for lower levels, just as intended. However, data suggested that there may still be some space for improvement.
    In what way was it easier for lower levels?  And how low are we talking? (I am assuming: easier than the other Temporary Farms)

My feeling is that the Candy Farm remains the single most difficult event in Big Farm (This is NOT a complaint, I like difficulty).  Nothing listed in the changes (scaling changes only it seems) makes me feel this has changed.  I realize that I am not 'low level', but it seems to me that there are 3 easy gradations in the temporary farm events.  Chapters 1, 2 and 3.  Each demarcated by a special Deco.  However I didn't find getting the first deco to be easier.   I'll grant that  last time the first two weeks were completely FUBAR, and then 'fixed', so I guess it remains to be seen.  However the design of the event is such that going for Deco's at the 90% voucher value is unlikely to be easier at any of those 3 levels.  So then, is it easier to get vouchers with minimal effort vs the other Temporary farms?  The Math doesn't seem to support that, as there is nothing as efficient as doing minimal fields on the Island/Viking/NLs.  So please, at what 'level', and in what way is the Candy Farm easier?  We have a lot of new players in No Worries, who have been asking if they should open the Candy Farm when it comes.

-Y
  • And the update is in progress.  Hoping no new bugs.  Have my can of Raid at the ready.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 20.10.2015
    I opened the Candy Farm, and it says that I have already won the the three decos.  They are marked with big green check marks.  So I guess that I cannot win any the second time through like the other temp farms? - I presume this to be a bug.

I see no changes that would suggest to me that it is easier.  The Candy Farm is the hardest event in the game, and I do not personally think it is designed in a fair way.  I could not recommend that anyone do it unless they have several hundred million farm dollars to spare.  Given that it needed so much change, I am quite stunned by how little has been done to it in the 2.5 months since it last ended.
    As usual, it would appear that they started an event in an unprepared way, and went home for the day, leaving us to guess for the next many hours, wasting many of the hours of the event.
    edited 20.10.2015
    Asia made me choose level 5 again - this level unlocking mechanism clearly does not work.  Eliminate this unnecessary problem by letting people choose which Asia to do, once they have reached the required game levels.
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    The Candy Factory's output has been increased by factor 10 (1 unit = 10 units), but the Candy Palace now also requires 10 times as many Candy Factory goods per progress point. In accordance to these changes, you also need to sell 10 times as many Candy Factory goods through Farm Management in order to obtain the same amount of tickets.

So why you forgot to increase amounts of candies in rewards? 6, 3, 2 candies are a really bad joke now >:)

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Now that you mentioned it Volty!! Good for you, didn't notice that yet! Quite annoying indeed, things "repaired" on the left side but still broken on the right side.... (?)
  • i just like to know when are we going to be ale to start playing the big farm agine i sent big farm two tickets on the problemsand it is not fix so why would i want to try playing candy farm and i cant play my others farmsi cant help my gourp out that is who bad it is laggingand we cant watch videos cause it will not givr us the rewards sounds like you wont everyone go back to farmville and farmville 2
    I have Fruity Delights and it will not let me donate them to the palace.  See image.  The bar is grayed out.

• can only donate in groups of 10
    I have Fruity Delights and it will not let me donate them to the palace.  See image.  The bar is grayed out.

Unfortunately now we can donate minimum 10 candies at one time.

I opened the Candy Farm, and it says that I have already won the the three decos.  They are marked with big green check marks.  So I guess that I cannot win any the second time through like the other temp farms? - I presume this to be a bug.
    This is a (known) display bug only. You can still earn those rewards as usual.
    The Candy Factory's output has been increased by factor 10 (1 unit = 10 units), but the Candy Palace now also requires 10 times as many Candy Factory goods per progress point. In accordance to these changes, you also need to sell 10 times as many Candy Factory goods through Farm Management in order to obtain the same amount of tickets.

So why you forgot to increase amounts of candies in rewards? 6, 3, 2 candies are a really bad joke now >:)
    We noticed that one task wasn't updated properly. That is being fixed with the current maintenance. :)

Cheers,
    Steffi

Thanks for a quick fix! ))) Good work!
    I have still not received my reward for the NoPain event from over two weeks ago, so I may not be able to believe that GGS will award these prizes.  I used to believe that GGS did at least award the prizes from events.  I do not believe that any longer.
  • There was a hotfix... and the bugs which occured the last update still persist

get fired the whole beta tester and programmer team...

Where is the Famous German precision?
    GGS took a page from Volkswagen and learned to "fudge the software" ????
  • Well, i hope that i am not the only one who sees them:

• Well, i hope that i am not the only one who sees them:

I have them too  :) 

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    If there's soooomethin weeiiird, and it don't look goood..
    who you gonna call ...
    GHOSTBUSTERS

• Aww boo-hoo.  No ghosties for me. :'(
    edited 22.10.2015
    I can now donate candy to the Candy Palace.  I do not know if this was fixed by the hotfix this morning or what.  (more communication by GGS might ameliorate that).  I only know that I could not donate yesterday and I can today.  So I cannot say for certain why, and I think it is important to make that clear so that Nafaru and others know that we, the users, are not ever blaming GGS for bugs, etc., when the origin of the problem is not known.  It might be that they know why it was happening, but I do not know why, and thus place no responsibility in any direction.

I still have check marks by all three decos indicating that they are already won.  It was noted earlier that we would receive them anyway.  I greet this with great skepticism, since I have still not received the prize from the NoPain event over 2 weeks ago.

On another note that I have reported before........  I find the values of the decos to be quite low.  You can now (since the weekly events were updated) earn a better-valued reward from just completing Asia level 6.  The weekly events now have more valuable prizes than this month-long event, which I find to be totally illogical.  I often hear GGS talk of "balance" in the game.  This would be a spot where balance is truly missing.

Edited by Nafaru: Merged posts.

Post edited by CM Nafaru on
Sign In to comment.