Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Comments

• There seems to be a building thief around.

I've lost my "fancy barn", or whatever it's called.
    The one you buy with gold.

If things start to disappear from my island, and support wont do a thing, i'm done with this game.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    There seems to be a building thief around.

If things start to disappear from my island, and support wont do a thing, i'm done with this game.
    I'm confused. A fancy barn cannot be built on an island. You can only build a fancy barn if you have less than 2 barns on your main farm and you can only place it on your main farm. Are you sure you built it already? Did you not try to place it and it disappeared because you had no space? There are so many logical explanations that could clarify what happened with your barn. If I had an SKN account I would come peek what your farm looks like and what you have or don't have, but unfortunately I do not.

Besides, I  have no clue for how long you have been playing, but do take into account that in a couple of days your island will disappear altogether. That is normal and announced. Everything on it will be gone and the next time the event will come around you have to start all over again. If you do not want to lose gold or dollars on the island, simply do not spend them on it. The island is recommended for levels over 100 with an overflow of dollars in their account of which they don't know what to spend it on.
  • hibetti (skn1)hibetti (skn1) Posts: 5
    edited 29.09.2015
    There seems to be a building thief around.

I'm confused. A fancy barn cannot be built on an island. You can only build a fancy barn if you have less than 2 barns on your main farm and you can only place it on your main farm. Are you sure you built it already? Did you not try to place it and it disappeared because you had no space? There are so many logical explanations that could clarify what happened with your barn. If I had an SKN account I would come peek what your farm looks like and what you have or don't have, but unfortunately I do not.

Besides, I  have no clue for how long you have been playing, but do take into account that in a couple of days your island will disappear altogether. That is normal and announced. Everything on it will be gone and the next time the event will come around you have to start all over again. If you do not want to lose gold or dollars on the island, simply do not spend them on it. The island is recommended for levels over 100 with an overflow of dollars in their account of which they don't know what to spend it on.
    Sorry.
    What i ment, was that the fancy barn has disappeared from my main farm.

My bad.

edit:

I've been playing way over a year, and i got it in the beginning.
    So yes, it's been there, and gone now.

Sorry.

My bad.

edit:

Gone as in empty spot? Gone as in a red barn is back for it? Gone as in only grey squares? Did you try to clear caches already in case it is a display error? Are you sure you did not accidentally click demolish? (I cannot imagine, but have to ask as it is an option). Did your storage limit go down as well?

Do note: I am not a technician, I can also not look into your account to see what happened, but I can help to figure out in which direction we should look and maybe also help support figure out where to look for the barn and cancel out possible causes for it to be gone.
  • Sorry.

My bad.

edit:

Gone as in empty spot? Gone as in a red barn is back for it? Gone as in only grey squares? Did you try to clear caches already in case it is a display error? Are you sure you did not accidentally click demolish? (I cannot imagine, but have to ask as it is an option). Did your storage limit go down as well?

Do note: I am not a technician, I can also not look into your account to see what happened, but I can help to figure out in which direction we should look and maybe also help support figure out where to look for the barn and cancel out possible causes for it to be gone.
    Gone as an empty spot, and no, i havent deleted it.
    Storage limit went down aswell.

I've already reported this to support, but guess they're busy.
    Support is most likely very busy, yes. I hope they get back to you soon! This does sound like an error on GGS side, so they will have to be the ones to fix it then : )
  • One thing I miss from the old forum is when you are browsing the "headlines" there used to be a brief preview of what the original post is about. 

Can that be brought back?
  • i didn't understand this forum at all.....plzzz someone tell me where would i find my forum friends? :'(
  • The friends list doesn't exist in the new forum.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    Answer ✓
    i didn't understand this forum at all.....plzzz someone tell me where would i find my forum friends? :'(
    If you go to your inbox & start to type a name, it will help you with the spelling & once you have started a chat with someone, it stays on your list as a continuous conversation, so you can both keep replying to it. There is no separate list of friends names, everyone is your friend lol :)
  • Earlier there was no need of scrolling to switch forum pages,
    Now I have to scroll right side to change pages.

is it just me with this? or  there might be something wrong with my settings?

Thanks! :)

Pipper

• NafaruNafaru Posts: 3,047
    Also after quoting a post, I'd like to have a back to the post button, so I don't have to hunt for it through all the posts, numbers would help here too.  Thanks!
    The quote function was a bit bugged, but was fixed with today's small forum update. You can now click the quote button, it will briefly send you down to the comment box and then back up to the post you just quoted. 

Convenient, isn't it? 
    One thing I miss from the old forum is when you are browsing the "headlines" there used to be a brief preview of what the original post is about. 

Can that be brought back?
    While we can't make any promises about all known features coming back to the new forums, I will definitely pass this on as a convenience request. Let's see if it can be implemented. :)
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    Currently if I click discussions, I can see all the recent discussions and unread posts (the unread part works haphazardly.  Sometimes I am taken to the first post, and sometimes to the first new post.  I have read past my own posts several times, going aha!  that's why it all sounds familiar... but that's not my question).  So then I select one of the threads with unread posts that I want to read... read the post there, and click back.  You'd think it would take me back to the list of recent discussions with new posts listed etc.  It does not.  I am not sure where I go, but its not there.  I ALWAYS have to click on the discussions tab above to reload the page I was just on!  So, question...  Why?

-Y
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    This "Important info" flag window box at the top of forum page is the first real functional improvement I've seen so far on this forum. Up untill now (how many weeks is it already ?) in all other aspects, despite some "cool" "funky" features unavailable at old site, this forum is still far behind the old one when it comes to readability and genera comfort of use. So much mess that I'm not even bothered to comment on individual forujm issues.
  • NafaruNafaru Posts: 3,047
    Currently if I click discussions, I can see all the recent discussions and unread posts (the unread part works haphazardly.  Sometimes I am taken to the first post, and sometimes to the first new post.  I have read past my own posts several times, going aha!  that's why it all sounds familiar... but that's not my question).  So then I select one of the threads with unread posts that I want to read... read the post there, and click back.  You'd think it would take me back to the list of recent discussions with new posts listed etc.  It does not.  I am not sure where I go, but its not there. 
    The unread message function usually has some problems with threads we have taken over from the old forums that have not had any new posts since we changed the software. 

This is due to the fact that the forum does not know which posts you have previously read on the other forums if you marked whole forum sections as read manually. As soon as you've opened a thread once, it will remember the status, however. 

As for the redirect to a weird page, I was not able to reproduce this behaviour with my account. Could you try sending us the URL to the page you're taken to? It might be a personal link that only works for you and within your session, but it should at least give us a hint as to where you're redirected to. 
  • CM's  

Can we please get the posts numbered to make them easier to reference back to?

Can we have something where we can choose our default forum? And a place to go to to easily change forums?

Can we please list the forum we are on in that black strip at the top.  Until the bugs are worked out, I sometimes find myself on another forum - like de or us.  I'm trying to watch the address in the address bar, but it would be nice if it was just at the top of our page. 

It would be nice if they could get the language problem straightened out, so the CM's messages on the home page are in English for this EN forum...and the US forum too.  Even using google translate sometimes, the message is not clear.

Part of my problem with the new forum is that things do not have the same names as on the old forum.

E-mail is hard to find too. 

Help screens are needed.

I think the new forum will be good, we just need to learn to use it and for the bugs and new things to be put in place to help us--like PLEASE NUMBER THE POSTS!!!! :smile: 

Thanks

• It would be nice if they could get the language problem straightened out, so the CM's messages on the home page are in English for this EN forum...and the US forum too.  Even using google translate sometimes, the message is not clear.

I agree having all the different forums mixed together is a pain, especially for things like search, but you shouldn`t need to translate those home page messages, our CMs are also the CMs for DE forum, so when they post the same announcement on both forums, we both see both messages in those boxes, you can just read our one to know what the other one says. :)
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    Its not THAT weird.. its just an alternate version of the Discussions page.  The URLs are IDENTICAL, but with the back button there are no new messages listed (None, not new, not old), and the order of posts is different.  I am guessing a old cached version?  Shrug.  Interestingly its the same, after I cleared my Cache's for the Fairy Tale bug, so I dunno.

-Y
  • Forum Want List - Please Add :smile: 

We really need an advanced search like we had on the old forum.  It was great and I could find most of what I wanted.  I have just searched for a past post and no way am I going to find it without an advanced search! :cry: 
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    Forum Want List - Please Add :smile: 

We really need an advanced search like we had on the old forum.  It was great and I could find most of what I wanted.  I have just searched for a past post and no way am I going to find it without an advanced search! :cry: 
    I do agree with you Crafty. I miss it too 
  • edited 12.10.2015
    Hi All,  I noticed a new little black box on some of the Forum Pages, a few days back, probably after the last update, but I haven't seen anywhere what it is for.  I put my cursor over it, but nothing happens.  I finally got very brave and clicked on it and then a white check mark occurs in it, but nothing else changes that I can see, or when I put my cursor over it then, so to be safe I just clicked it again and went back to the black box.  Here's a pic-see the red circle and arrow..  Does anyone know what this is for?  Thank You!

P.S.  Latten Any word on when or if we can get the posts numbered and an advanced search function.  I'd also like a "go to the bottom" button, please.  Thank You. :smile: 
    I have been wondering the same, but have not had the courage to click it yet. Lemme know as well if anybody knows!
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

I decided to click the check box. When I click it I see a white check mark but when I leave the thread and come back, the check mark is gone. If you right click on the little box and click inspect element it says "Admincheck" so its probably something for the CMs & Mods.

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

I decided to click the check box. When I click it I see a white check mark but when I leave the thread and come back, the check mark is gone. If you right click on the little box and click inspect element it says "Admincheck" so its probably something for the CMs & Mods.

Hmmmmmm, big brother is watching you................  
  • @Latten & @Nafaru

What is the estimated time frame for these updates?

How long will this update take?

Due to the coop challenge wanted to get an estimate in time so that we/I can estimate when to start & stop doing missions.

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Yep, completely agree EnochNock! :+1: 

Hmmmmmm, big brother is watching you................  
    Hahaha if I suddenly disappear, you'll know its because I clicked the box too many times. I hope the CMs didn't get a notice every time I clicked one. I may be in trouble, oops gotta go!
  • Hi All,  I noticed a new little black box on some of the Forum Pages, a few days back, probably after the last update, but I haven't seen anywhere what it is for.  I put my cursor over it, but nothing happens.  I finally got very brave and clicked on it and then a white check mark occurs in it, but nothing else changes that I can see, or when I put my cursor over it then, so to be safe I just clicked it again and went back to the black box.  Here's a pic-see the red circle and arrow..  Does anyone know what this is for?  Thank You!

Who`s been clicking our boxes?  :o  haha

Not sure why you can see that one, we have them on all threads & posts, they are just the selection boxes for admin tools. I will see if I can find out why that one is appearing - You can`t do any harm selecting/deselecting it. :)
  • Hi All,  I noticed a new little black box on some of the Forum Pages, a few days back, probably after the last update, but I haven't seen anywhere what it is for.  I put my cursor over it, but nothing happens.  I finally got very brave and clicked on it and then a white check mark occurs in it, but nothing else changes that I can see, or when I put my cursor over it then, so to be safe I just clicked it again and went back to the black box.  Here's a pic-see the red circle and arrow..  Does anyone know what this is for?  Thank You!

Not sure why you can see that one, we have them on all threads & posts, they are just the selection boxes for admin tools. I will see if I can find out why that one is appearing - You can`t do any harm selecting/deselecting it. :)
    Thanks, Mystery solved.  Can see it on many other threads too, but not all. 

It wasn't me...I never clicked any kind of box. :worried:

It must be the ghosts on the forum....:scream:

Sign In to comment.