Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - September 1st - Movie time! - Questions and Feedback

Comments

• Carla Barton (GB1)Carla Barton (GB1) Posts: 22
    edited 09.10.2015
    It's a problem on all servers then I think, I can watch the video but can't collect my reward, have tried refreshing which has worked in the past but just gives me another video to watch and cant collect at the end :(
    Post edited by Carla Barton (GB1) on
  • I am a video tester, on the US1 server.  I am on Pacific Standard time and GGS time is 9 hours ahead of me.  I have been testing the videos that let you choose 1 of 4 prizes for watching them.

I am using Windows 8.1, IE 11, and Google Chrome.  All programs are up to date.  I have switched back and forth between IE and Google Chrome whenever there have been problems.  I have cleared browser and flash cashes so many, many times and totally shut down and rebooted my computer. It does not help.

Since the videos that came out on 9-30-15 to 10-1-15  (had been coming out about 9:00 PM PST (6am GGS time) there has been increasing problems and bugs with them. 

1)  Many times this screen has come up. See pic below. It just freezes and sits there.  Waiting does not do any good.  If I close the screen, then my movie screen in the bazaar area is blank and I have no more videos.  No amount of clearing cashes, rebooting, changing browsers, etc. will being the videos back. No prize was collected.  After several hours, the videos may reappear, but then after playing a couple I get this screen again, then no more videos, etc. 

2) This continued for several days, when the support screens were also not working.
    On the videos from 10-4-15 to 10-5-15 I was finally able to watch all 20 videos and reach my limit.  Then the problems were back again and I have only been able to watch a few videos since that-getting the screen above that stops everything.

When you reach your limit of 20 videos per day,  the screen will grey out and you cannot play another video. /the screen is blank.  You see that you have reached your limit by placing your cursor over the bottom of the screen.  It would be helpful I think if there was just a message there saying that your limit had been reached.

3) Many times after watching a video, it will go to the screen to pick my prize.  But the white gears under the prizes never change as in the pic below.  Clicking the white gears will not get my prize, 

4) For the videos from 10-7-15 to 10-8-15 (today)  I didn't have any new ones last night on my Google Chrome or IE screens until this morning.  Tried to watch one on Google Chrome and I got this screen with the white O in the middle that kept turning.

5) Tried again and the Darkensang online video got stuck like this and would never load, etc..  So, then I went to Internet Explorer to try there, of course I cleared cashes, rebooted first, etc. 

6) ON IE, I played the Darkensang video there,  then I got the screen with the white gears frozen again and could not collect any prizes.

7) I continued on IE, watched 2 videos from verizon that seemed to go on to play a 2nd video, then abruptly stopped and then I got the frozen white gear screens again.  
    Then no videos at all.  I have not even completed 1 video today.  No more ever showed up on Google Chrome.  I did once find them on IE many hours later, but just got the frozen white gear screens again, then no more videos on IE of Google Chrome the rest of the evening--now 10:44PM PST.  

8) No new videos for 10-8-15 to 10-9-15 showed up either????? So, still, many, many bugs to work out.  No improvements were seen from the 2 hotfixes to fix the Fairytale event this week. 

Over the time I have had playing the videos in general I enjoy them.  But, I have had many, many that do not play correctly, they may stop abruptly, be very long, repeat over and over again, hardly play at all, stop in the middle, freeze up, etc.  There are some that may be inappropriate for small children and have warnings to that affect and as Latten requested I have reported them to support so they can be removed.  I have not done any surveys.  Yes another tab opens with the ad's page on it, once it is nearly or all the way done opening, my BF screens would go on so I could get a prize and I closed that screen.  Answering the survey was not required and I do not think that it should be, nor should anything be required on another site that opens. I have seen a couple of things that have interested me in the ads.  I do not like having a video repeated over and over and over again.  When I log in to my you-tube account, in the history will be the videos I watched for the game. If there was a way, I would prefer not to have them accumulate there.  My computer screens in general are slower since the videos, especially loading-white gears stay longer, and it still is taking a long time to go from farm to farm and may require many reloads of the game when playing to get where I want to be. (I do have the newest version of the game from after the hotfixes)

The prizes for watching the videos are very nice.  GGS has done a good job there.  Yes, It would be nice if everyone had the videos, but until they are working better, I think patience is advised.  I have spent many hours, trying to trouble-shoot the problems, reporting them to Support, etc.  in hopes of getting this fixed for all ASAP.  I know Support is already overwelmed with reports.  I do hope that this info helps.

CM's communication is always good to help with the frustration about all of this.  At least the support screens are working again and I can report the problems to them again. :smile:  Latten has been a big help to me since I could not contact support too.  Thank You Latten! :smile: 

I do so hope that something can be done about all of this before the week-end starts.  It always feels so lonely when the week-end comes and I/we have unresolved problems. The screens have to be working for the videos in order to give the feedback so it can be useful to Support so that they can come out too all and hopefully be in good working order then.

• BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 09.10.2015
    Thank you for all that very interesting information Craftycritters :smile: 

You write "
    There are some that may be inappropriate for small children and have warnings to that affect and as Latten requested I have reported them to support so they can be removed."
    Hmmm, in my eyes, to doing it by that way Latten ask us, is the same as close and lock the stable door after the horse are run away.
    IMHO GGS should have checked every videos for not contain "not for children" things before they put the video on the list of videos they distributes to us!
  • edited 09.10.2015
    Thank you for all that very interesting information Craftycritters :smile: 

You write "There are some that may be inappropriate for small children and have warnings to that affect and as Latten requested I have reported them to support so they can be removed."
    Hmmm, in my eyes, to doing it by that way Latten ask us, is the same as close and lock the stable door after the horse are run away.
    IMHO GGS should have checked every videos for not contain "not for children" things before they put the video on the list of videos they distributes to us!
    Thanks Brian and I agree completely.  This is a family game after all with young children playing.  I think that the videos must be coming from a third party who sets them all up.  Latten seemed very surprised when others brought this to his attention, as well as some that were thought to be excessively violent or bloody, and I think GGS probably was too. 

P.S.  Now if they would just number the posts for us, so we could easily refer back to them!--- Please!  :smile: 
  • watching the videos is not working properly I look at them then they don't pay or they wont play when they should
  • Please delete this post.  I could not get the quote info to go away, even reloading the page did not help, so had to save it, then edit it out. 
    Heya Crafty.... I know the feeling lol..... I discovered they are saved in "Drafts" on the righthand side of the screen. If you open your drafts you can delete all the ones that you don`t want.
  • Please delete this post.  I could not get the quote info to go away, even reloading the page did not help, so had to save it, then edit it out. 
    Heya Crafty.... I know the feeling lol..... I discovered they are saved in "Drafts" on the righthand side of the screen. If you open your drafts you can delete all the ones that you don`t want.
    Thanks Scissors, I just took a look there, but not there now.  Good to know for the future though.
    ------------------------------

I was trying to find that post about the videos from Latten to add it to my post.   
    I have another thing to add to our Want List for the forum-- we need an advanced search!  LOL  :smile: 
  • @Crafty Yes, the draft for this thread will have cleared when you sent your post, but anytime you start a reply & the leave the thread, the reply will be back in the box everytime you go back to that thread, unless you do a post or delete the draft... Its like the auto-save from old forum, except it doesn`t ask you if you want to restore the saved message, it just restores it by default.

• I just logged in before leaving town to find I now have 61 surprise boxes in my inventory. Sweet! Hope GGS doesn't take 'em away, lol. I hope you all receive yours as well. Have a great weekend everyone. Happy farming.

Ciao, 
    Jan
  • I just logged in before leaving town to find I now have 61 surprise boxes in my inventory. Sweet! Hope GGS doesn't take 'em away, lol. I hope you all receive yours as well. Have a great weekend everyone. Happy farming.

Ciao, 
    Jan

Hi Jan, thanks for your update, I've checked my dropbox and I've new boxes too. I hope it has been fixed. Will keep you all updated if there's a chance to watch the videos again.
  • edited 09.10.2015
    Thanks Scissors, that's good to know for the future! :smile: 
    ---------------------------

Update on my Movie Problems

On 10-9-15 about 1:30 AM PST my movie ad screen suddenly came on in Google Chrome. I clicked to play a movie and the screen to pick one of the 4 prizes came up.  I figured it must be left over from all that went on 10-8-15.  So, I clicked on the 20 gold and received it.  Then, instead of letting me click to play another movie ad.  The top part of the screen where the prizes were went blank and the play another movie button greyed out.  After I closed it, the movies disappeared again!  I logged out and went to IE and logged on and no movies there now either after about 20min.    (Sorry no pic of this available-yes, cashes were cleared, etc. too.) It's 2:38AM PST now and still no movies on GC or IE??????
    10-9-15 4:00 AM  Movies came up on Google Chrome once again, and the exact same thing happened as above.  This time though I have the pics.  This was the first screen when I opened the videos. I selected my prize.

Then I got this screen:
    Had to close that because what else can I do?  Now, no more videos.  I changed to IE and had a terrible time getting logged on, had to refresh just to change screens, etc, very slow to load, cannot play on IE now, so back to GC did 3 sets of clearing cashes, full shut down and reboot too  GC was hard to log on to too, the initial screens would not completely login, then took a very long time to load with lots of white gears.  No movies there now either.  So now, either GGS is working on it, or both browsers will not work.  And I have no movies now anywhere.  I think I'll post this, check on my farms and go to sleep and dream that it's all fixed when I wake up.  :wink:  LOL Just a few more comments....... For those of you who do not have the videos yet, please try to be patient awhile longer. The kinds of things I am posting are SOME of the problems I have been having with them.  It's not all fun and rewards to "test" them, though it will be great when it is fixed right!  I'm not complaining, just trying to let GGS (and you) know of some of the problems, (hopefully with some good documentation) so they can get the videos out to all of you ASAP with them working properly too! (I think I heard that Google Chrome had some changes right in the middle of all of this too, that adversely affected the game.) Support is really overwhelmed right now too and I know that they are working on better ways to communicate with us when problems affect all of us.Most all of the videos have prizes like those shown above.  I have NEVER EVER had more than 20-40 gold offered for a video since it started and most are 25-30.  You will get different prizes for the same video if it is repeated too.  I have always been limited to 20 videos a day. NEVER have I had over 5,000 gold in a day in gold rewards as I read somewhere that was being told was coming from this feature. I find that hard to believe unless it was a major bug and I'm sure it has or will be stopped fast!  If anyone is getting such a bug, and it is a bug, I would hope that they would report it, so that GGS can get on with fixing this so all can enjoy it.  Latten even said that no gold would be taken from you if you did help by reporting such an obvious bug.  It's a way to get this working well for all, so I hope if you have a bug like this, you will be honest, care about the other players and come forward.  For several days now (about 10), I have not been able to do all the videos, but maybe a couple here and there and the bugs have been terrible and getting worse since the 9-30-15 to 10-1-15 videos and Google Chrome problems. (I have not had any of the Mystery Boxes,so cannot comment on them, only the screens as above and in my prior posts.) I have sent as much feedback as I could to support to try to help them sort this out. Sure I could hide some of the bugs that work to my advantage-like a video that only plays a couple of seconds and still gives a prize, but that is not the person I am, and I care that others enjoy the game too, and that all involved gain from it. I also do have some consideration for those working on this problem because I understand something about programming and business.  Yes, I have added some gold to my account from the videos and that has been nice. I never ever in my wildest dreams thought that GGS would offer gold for this as well as the other kinds of nice prizes that are offered. Thank You GGS!  It is a very nice feature and it will be very nice for everyone in the future when this is working as it should--and I cannot wait for that!!!  I think that the huge advantage some players think the testers have is way over rated, and over estimated. I do not see where this is giving me such a huge advantage over other players as some are worried about at least from my own experience. I completely understand that a whole lot of players want to have the videos too.  I agree that it sure would be nice for EVERYONE to have the ads - working properly!  The prizes, including the non-gold ones have been very well done. In some cases the non-gold prize may be worth more than the gold.
    I have been playing this game since March-April 2014.  I am at Level 127.   Just stop a minute and consider this. This game will NEVER be exactly the same for anyone!  We all have different advantages and disadvantages! We started playing the game at different times, so have different levels of experience!  We set up our farms differently.  Our buildings, fields, orchards, etc, are at different levels. We play different amounts of time, some all day, some only a few min. a day, some a few hours, some do not play every day.  Some buy a little gold, some none at all, some a whole lot of gold! There are daily tasks now that give great amounts of cash that I did not have when I started playing as well as many other features of the game that were not there before. So then do new players have a great advantage over me because the new things are available?  Higher level, experienced players have a great advantage over new players. That's life and the way things go. It sure would have been nice to have the improvments we have now when I was first trying to build my farm.  But, the new features are still nice now too. Some players are in very large active Co-ops with all Research completed and win all the top prizes.  Some are in new Co-ops with little benefits from Research, struggling to build their Co-ops too, and many other differences. I agree that this was probably not the best way to "test" this feature, but we don't know what WAS tried before it came out to some of us to "test" it either. Though things have gone wrong a lot lately, I do see some improvement in the way GGS is trying to move forward.  IMO they would do well to be better prepared before bringing out new things, and fix thing before bringing out new features, but then we just don't know what they have done. I'm sure that they are most frustrated that Murphy's Law--whenever anything can go wrong it will --seems to be out to get them, no matter what they try to do to make things come out well.  While I cannot say for sure, I expect that there has been some changes in personnel or job titles too. Latten mentioned that they are trying a new Game engine, that was great news to me!!!  It sounds like it could solve a lot of the problems we have been having with the game for a very long time! GGS is a huge company with some 1,600 employees-I read that in a news article from their web site. Lots going on there I bet. they have been better at fixing some new problems more timely than in the past too.I think that Latten has been really great in trying to deal with all that has happened recently.  He certainly does always support us as best he can!  Remember when he worked Sat to help us with the new forum too?  Thank You Latten!   <3:)<3 And Nafaru has been great keeping us informed at difficult times too. Thank You Steffi :)<3<3 Sometimes they get busy too, letting others know of our problems and trying to help keep us informed.I know that I get really frustrated and upset when I do not get as much information as I would like, as fast as I would like, especially if I have a real problem and I cannot reach support, or get any answers either.  So, if I was to pick one thing that I think would help the game the most aside from no bugs of course, it would be for all to be active on the forums and for increased communication from GGS as much as possible. When I know what is happening I feel sooo much better even if it is not good news.  Ltten has been very good about that.The bottom line is try to be as helpful and accurate as you can with as much detail as you can to try to help the game move forward and please try to be patient awhile longer with the videos.  IMO, if everyone got the videos right now it would be a disaster for all.  But if a little while longer can help them run smoothly, it will be GREAT!!! We've been through hard times like this before, let's think positive and pull together as a Big Farm TEAM!  <3:)<3
    Post edited by Craftycritters (US1) on
  • NafaruNafaru Posts: 3,047
    There have been some hiccups with reward payouts for video ads this morning, causing some of the rewards to arrive with a significant delay. 

We have investigated and checked affected accounts, though, and everyone should have received their rewards by now. Please check your inventories to find them as there is no additional notification. 
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 09.10.2015
    Video ads never worked properly for me - although I couldn't even tell what should be "properly" after 6 weeks of crab....

I can only watch 2 videos in a row (if I am lucky! Most of the time this annoying tv screen tells me there are videos to watch, but there aren't) and then it's every time a guess whether I get a reward or not (most of the time the reward button is greyed out)....

It's always the same 2 video ads and they always crash or freeze within 2 seconds, so I have never ever watched them properly.

This whole video thingy only worked for me the first week of this trial (but still only 2 videos in a row, and always the same 2) - for the rest it was buggy.

PS: one of my coop members got all of a sudden 115 surprise boxes (twice in 15 minutes) out of the blue!! He did nothing - he is 1 of the players (like me) who can only watch 2 videos in the morning when logging in - and he had already done that around 6.30 CET. And now, all of a sudden, without doing anything he received 230 boxes.

Totally unnecessary to mention that heavy feelings of jealousy are growing and growing among players - and rightfully so!

Happily enough we are fine in our coop, we have a tight team - but my box gets overloaded by angry mails of other players who are fed up with this video thingy

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 09.10.2015
    I had my reward about an hour ago. It told me to watch a video, and pick a reward. Watch a video was grayed and pick reward was green, so i chose a reward and had it. After that i got white screen again. So i ques it was a reward about a video i watched in a morning.
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 09.10.2015
    I agree with Jiesta.  A player from our coop quit yesterday over this issue.  I will miss her, especially since I find the people the best part of this "game."  I have no videos today at all.

edited to add:  so at least the current slowness in the game cannot be blamed on them appearing, lol

PS: one of my coop members got all of a sudden 115 surprise boxes (twice in 15 minutes) out of the blue!! He did nothing - he is 1 of the players (like me) who can only watch 2 videos in the morning when logging in - and he had already done that around 6.30 CET. And now, all of a sudden, without doing anything he received 230 boxes.

Totally unnecessary to mention that heavy feelings of jealousy are growing and growing among players - and rightfully so!

Happily enough we are fine in our coop, we have a tight team - but my box gets overloaded by angry mails of other players who are fed up with this video thingy

Wow, how is that possible. I have never ever had a single mystery boxes. Now i must say i am jealous.
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 09.10.2015

Wow, how is that possible. I have never ever had a single mystery boxes. Now i must say i am jealous.
    Mystery boxes are not the same as the ones for watching videos.  Videos give Surprise boxes, like Omar's free stuff.  But both should show up in your inventory.  They do not put up the red exclamation to show you got them.  Just have to go look.
    Mystery boxes are not the same as the ones for watching videos.  Videos give Surprise boxes, like Omar's free stuff.  But both should show up in your inventory.  They do not put up the red exclamation to show you got them.  Just have to go look.
    Yes, you are right. That is what i meant and i think Jiesta too. But no, no boxes in here :(
    edited 09.10.2015
    Yes, you are right adoptapet! That's what we mean: surprise boxes.... We are (as you are I guess) in the midst of the Coop Challenge and my coop member went to this inventory to see what rewards he already received - and then discovered these first 114 surprise boxes. 
    Told us and because we couldn't believe it he checked again, and then found the second 115 surprise boxes = so he got 230 surprise boxes in total.

BTW: I only just heard from other forum friends that they received surprise boxes too, all of a sudden, without doing anything!

PS: I have never ever seen any surprise box myself either, Dara! Only heard about them...... And can understand your jealousy - the unfairness of this all seems to go on and on and on.
  • There is a post somewhere that the game caught up for "delays" in giving the prize boxes.  Perhaps you had to send in a ticket to Support?  Anyway, several in my coop that had been having trouble getting rewards for watching videos, especially the medical off-site ones, did get bunches of them.  I had that issue and did get 98 I think it was.

As a side note, I no longer seem to get videosl
  • Bless your heart Craftycritters.  I did not have the choose a reward option, but otherwise experienced many of the same issues you had. 

The last time mine worked, they did still have the "inappropriate" game videos .

No videos since yesterday, but they have not worked for a couple days,  Have the black screen issue.
    Sending a report to Support (who are already that busy) because of a try-out not running well? It's a try-out isn't it? So things can go wrong? Correct me if I am wrong, but I would never send in a ticket to Support for "not getting the rewards" for trying something out. I don't mind trying out something for GGS, but not for over 6 weeks and some players getting this amount of rewards for it, while others don't - that's the dishonesty which I dread!

If you are right and players indeed did get a bunch of rewards afterwards, because of "so called delays" this whole video thingy would be even more unfair than it is already in itself! 

My coop member never ever wrote a ticket to Support. Me neither with regards to this video thingy, I wouldn't think of it. If you are testing things you know things can go wrong, that's why it is a test. So you don't write Support when indeed things go buggy. Support should be busy with helping us when something goes wrong with the game BF.

What can Support do about the dishonesty of an alien part forced into the game?

BTW: I never ever have seen a medical ad, so maybe the players here above were all lucky. Congrats with all your surprise boxes! 
  • Brave Ana (GB1)Brave Ana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 254
    I just see only 1 video in this morning and I received no surprise box at all.

In this afternoon, without to do nothing, just checking my dropbox there were 62 surprise boxes.
  • Not much I can add that hasn't already been said above, but here's my 2 cents.

• I don't like the big TV sticking up into my farms. If it has to be there, then at least show me my construction queue status. I've missed construction times because the TV is displaying a 'new ad' message that I may or may not want to view. In the meantime, it's interfering with playing the game. There's already a cluster of 'ad' icons at the top of the screen (prime sales, hot deals, etc) that hang down into the farm. Will every pixel be covered in ads, eventually? Will I be continually scrolling around these icons & objects just to be able to see/run my farms? Put all these ads in ONE place & give us back our screen/game!
    • I don't like having to click an ad to earn the reward (while a new tab opens to the ad page - I close those as fast as I can). I'm willing to watch a commercial for a reward, but I'm NOT willing to have an unknown webpage auto load when I have no interest in the product or have any idea if the new website is a source of malware! :
    • Some ads give rewards some don't. Some ads run fine and about 1/3 error out - I'm hoping GGS is collecting data about these.
    • Endless repetition of the same ads, one right after the other
    • Seems I'm down to the same three video ads that error out every single time (Smite, WarFrame, MageRealm) - w/ no reward. I have to close the window to clear the screen. Any chance these ads can be dropped/removed as they have never worked.
    On the good side, I love the idea of those non-gold players having a chance to earn enough gold to afford water towers, workshops & upgrades to doghouses. Watching a few videos to earn the gold is well worth it.

• Dang  - where is the edit button??

I was going to add to my previous post that the amount of gold earned isn't significant to those who are regular gold buyers. This program seems to be most beneficial to those who don't buy gold, or do so rarely. Good for them :)
  • Dang  - where is the edit button??

I was going to add to my previous post that the amount of gold earned isn't significant to those who are regular gold buyers. This program seems to be most beneficial to those who don't buy gold, or do so rarely. Good for them :)
    Edit:  top right gear icon, click on it and a white rectangle saying edit will come up, then click.
  • Jiesta, I agree with not overloading Support with tickets, but I do believe that a CM or 2 suggested ticketing them about rewards and other issues.

Also, way too many people do not read the forum, so do not realize the issue has been reported and reported and reported here.

• LOL, thanks so much - I would have never found it!
  • mrpotatohead (GB1)mrpotatohead (GB1) Posts: 60
    edited 10.10.2015
    Wow - this is new.
    I'm now getting rewards for not watching videos.......
    It came up with choose reward, so I did and the play next was greyed out, so clicked exit.
    Watch video button is still there so tried it again, new reward, so did it again.
    and again
    and again.
    20 mil+ and counting.
    Can I keep it......... please :)

(not really just a couple of 1000 coins so far, expecting them to take it all off me, which is fair)

EDIT:
    Play button reappeared after 2500 coins, so might be either a compensation thing or unwatched videos que.

EDIT2: then crashed after 7 vids, just like before with no buttons (Craftycritters first screen in his post)
    back to normal then.....
    to be honest, if everyone (able to watch) is getting the same ccrashing, they must be getting close to figuring out whats wrong.

• Vinblad (SKN1)Vinblad (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 17
    I still can't se any video/commercials   :(
Sign In to comment.