Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 4th - The Market - Feedback and Questions

Comments

• The market update overall is quite a good one BUT the vendor rewards are still a joke. My latest ones include 1 premium humus and 1 special wheat seed all for the bargain price of a combined 300,000 dollars. While a decent reward "may" exist in there somewhere I am yet to see one after at least 20 vendor purchases

My curiosity always gets me. It has never been worth it !    How long do those neighbours stay around when not filling there order.

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I just finished a contract for 12K apples.  Within a day or two I have another contract for 15K apples plus three other things.  :) 

Fun, isn't it?   They good thing is they don't have to be filled the minute you get them.  I only put in what I would normally sell because the barn is full. Takes a while to fill a contract but they get done.
    I do things exactly the same. I only give to the contracts what I would normally sell, and it might takes days, sometimes even a week to get contract orders filled - but I don't care. I've never ever skipped a contract... I wouldn't know why skipping a contract. I've made more millions by filling these contracts and occasionally selling stuff to neighbors, than I would have by only selling the excess as I did before.  :)
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    I almost do the same thing. I skip the contract that ask for a product I would never make normally: flower farm products other than last three. Fortunately this occasion is very rare and I maybe denied 2 or 3 contract up until now.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I often get 2 neighbours at the same time asking for exactly the same thing (even the same quantity of the same thing) side by side. This can't be right, can it?
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    I often get 2 neighbours at the same time asking for exactly the same thing (even the same quantity of the same thing) side by side. This can't be right, can it?
    Well you know how it goes. Some people just have to have exactly (or better) what their neighbours get. Now the proactive ones go shopping with their neighbours to make sure they don't get behind. :):) Or maybe you just have many "twins" in your neigbourhood. :) Seen them people looking exactly the same, same hairdress, same clothing, same shoes ....... :)
  • I've gotten fairly good at filling contracts for some extra cash, but I wish there was some way to make neighbors go away if I don't want to help them (or that they would at least time out when the bonus is gone).
  • NafaruNafaru Posts: 3,047
    Oh it actually can. :) 
    Should only happen if you have plenty of the requested goods in your storage, else they would be asking for something else. 
  • I like the market. I think it is a nice addition.

I like it as well :).
  • Got Milk?!
    I am not a cow! What happened to the apples contracts.  I am not being asked for apples anymore. Instead, I am being asked for a lot of milk which is much worse than being asked for apples. I like to be asked for apples - it gives more profit than coop research. Almost all my contracts ask me for milk ~7000 each - I keep running out of milk - I need milk for my bakery and flower shop, and don't want to give milk to the organic market.

I dislike contracts that give me karma points and few or no dollars. I don't care for karma points, and it should be optional what rewards I receive: karma points or dollars.
  • @Solmar (US1)  i have found it much better since they balanced out the apple contracts. I now get apples for very large amounts (over 70,000) but it may be 5 or 6 contracts before another apples one comes up, so I get time to fill it & have another one there ready when its done.

I haven`t have a lot of milk contracts yet, but they do seem to go in batches, I had a lot of almond ones at one point & then a lot of pig ones, atm it is a lot of cherry ones (they are tough) I don`t seem to get many egg ones & I have lots of eggs, so thats a shame. Maybe yours will change to something else soon instead of milk. :)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I have to agree upon this one with Scissors ... I myself do have 3 contracts with eggs now - but indeed the different products do come in batches and I do have enough time in between to refill my storage again. 

I do remember having had 3 contract with milk (even huge amounts) a while ago ... but it was doable. Just don't expect to finish those contracts within a few days.

You will see that soon the 'dominant' product in you contracts will change soon!  :)
    Has anybody noticed recently a major decrease in the amounts sold to walk up neighbours? I used to have sales often up to over a milion for individual sale, but in last days it all dropped down to about few thousands of any goods although the barn s full to the brim. So ridiculously low that it's nearly not worth even that one click. :)  Is that just a random variety or another made-in-GGS "improvement"?
    Thanks Brian. As I can see it's not just godess of random playing her tricks, but unfortunatelly the worse case. :) Improvement made-in-GGS. :)
    Is anybody getting gold bonus reward from market contracts or has gold completely disapeared from the reward pool? I haven't seen a single gold yet.
  • I've never have seen a gold bonus yet either.
  • I got some gold contracts yesterday (two i think)
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    There very rare, only had a couple worth 10 gold in total. Don't play the market to earn gold, play the market to get extra dollars compared to selling from farm management.
    There very rare, only had a couple worth 10 gold in total. Don't play the market to earn gold, play the market to get extra dollars compared to selling from farm management.
    heh ? ? Market is not a good dollar giver for majority of players. Don't you know? Tons have been posted about that. :)
    Looking at the last page of posts I must be the biggest organic market fan. :) Yet I still haven't decided if I like it or not. This imo most messed up and confused feature of the game keeps me interested and I get to thinking about it again and again. :)

Well, I sort of came to conclusion, that OM should have more then 6 simultaneous orders available, to hopefully provide a bit more variety. Let's say about 12 or more. :):):) And there should be more levels of orders above 99, say at least 300 or more, with the target bonus of 50 % at least, plus of course some gold rewards, finally. :)

Anybody else thinks this would be a good idea? :)
  • Shelly77 (US1)Shelly77 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    Another question..The amount of money that the organics market vendor asks for..how is that calculated? I've had him ask for as little as $500 and as much as $19,000. and he will give me a random item. Its always something I can use, but 1 bag of pig feed after paying him $17,000 is a little unbalanced. Also, the amount of times he requests $ is random too. Any thoughts?

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Another question..The amount of money that the organics market vendor asks for..how is that calculated? I've had him ask for as little as $500 and as much as $19,000. and he will give me a random item. Its always something I can use, but 1 bag of pig feed after paying him $17,000 is a little unbalanced. Also, the amount of times he requests $ is random too. Any thoughts?

I don't have any idea about the formula they use, but I learned early on to avoid that vendor like the plague. :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

This guy has always been a rip off IMO.  B)
     There has been changes to him since he first came in to the game with the Organic market. At first he some decent deals but those soon disappeared and replaced with junk. The price grew with each transaction with him at first, then reaches a max for the player level. I'm currently over player level 250 and he asks for $95,000 max. The lowest offer I've gotten lately has been $19,000 for one bag of regular chicken feed.
    Hurry sale won't last  :D:D
     Hover your mouse pointer over the offer before clicking, double check how much he want's for the item he is offering.
    YES he wants your money!
    Buyer beware ;) 
  • Shelly77 (US1)Shelly77 (US1) US1 Posts: 11

ok, so you don't HAVE to pay him!? OH MY WORD! of all the money i've lost! 
    thanks for the feedback @Data King (US1) and @artful (US1)   I feel silly, but you live and learn.  :(

thanks for the feedback @Data King (US1) and @artful (US1)   I feel silly, but you live and learn.  :(

You're very welcome. My big problem is accidentally hitting him, and voila, a ton of money gone for nothing much. LOL!
    edited 26.02.2019

Yes you do have to pay him for his offer.
     Not a great way to find out but . . . Curiosity can get the better of us at times. Think we've all have done it at one time or another. So please don't feel silly.
     Ask in the chat with in your group if you're not sure of some thing. Most co ops have members that know the game quite well and should be able to help you as well as other members with in the co op.

I think they meant we didn't have to buy anything from him.

I think they meant we didn't have to buy anything from him.
     Right
     one does not have to click on him when an offer is there. It will go away, about 30 mins after showing up.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

This guy has always been a rip off IMO.  B)
     There has been changes to him since he first came in to the game with the Organic market. At first he some decent deals but those soon disappeared and replaced with junk. The price grew with each transaction with him at first, then reaches a max for the player level. I'm currently over player level 250 and he asks for $95,000 max. The lowest offer I've gotten lately has been $19,000 for one bag of regular chicken feed.
    Hurry sale won't last  :D:D
     Hover your mouse pointer over the offer before clicking, double check how much he want's for the item he is offering.
    YES he wants your money!
    Buyer beware ;) 

"Data King (US1)" 

I still check him when I see him selling something, every know and then I can catch him with 10 bags of Seaweed Feed, a Super Fertilizer, or a Karma Point.  Those are pretty much the only things I'll buy off him. :)
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I have also seen him offer 1 token for 95,000 dollars which is also a good deal.
Sign In to comment.