Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sep 29th - The Sky is the limit - Discussion

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I have yet to see these bugs on my US1 farm.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 30.09.2015
    I think that added guidance task telling you which task you should do is highly highly redundant. Really don't need the game's oppinion on which task should be done now. Might be usefull for first few levels, but not for those who know the game already. And even with the first few levels I highly doubt if's usefullness, as the tasks themselves provide enough guidance already.  :)

Not sure what you mean... I'm ecstatic to know that the "Sell 7,000 Apples" sidebar is the most important one for me to complete!  Especially given that I haven't sold an Apple since the new market arrived.  Heck, I sincerely don't know what I'd do without this stunning piece of advice.  I need to get on that.  Hang the Hawaii event!

:)  

-Y

Edit>  Oh and I am really really thrilled that the incompletable task of finding a friend (I'll never recommend a game that doesn't make up for its errors) is now all sparkly on my other two farms!  Woot!
  • karmit (US1)karmit (US1) US1 Posts: 65
    I'm having some of the same problems CheSta12 has and I'm also not able to zoom using the wheel on the mouse. Makes it harder to find mushrooms if I can't zoom.
    Is this sarcasm from Y?  It must be.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Latten said:

Jiesta, I'm usually absolutely fine with productive criticism at both, the game itself or the CM team, but at this point, you're reaching and I'm no longer comfortable with it. We're trying to find hints to find a solution for a problem, that affects a ton of players, but we're not going anywhere with "criticism" like this, or by posting hearsay about what might or might not have happened to a player that might or might not exist at some point.

If you prefer to frame us as some evil scheming Darth Vader-type villains, that's all fine and great, but please don't do that here in open discussions (or here in the forums, for that matter), where it helps no one at all. Accusations, bad will and intentional derailing of threads will most likely end in warnings or bans. And yes, you can consider this a first warning.

Alright, back to topic please,
    Timo

Latten,

I don't think it was really necessary to give Jiesta a warning and using her as an example. Jiesta has been around for a while and done nothing but help other players in any way she could. One time she posted her frustrations and she gets a warning while the same people that are putting GGS, the CMs, & Mods on blast over & over get away with it?

I don't think she was trying to derail the topic at all. She was responding to your comment, "If you can point me to players who definitely got too many rewards, never-ending video streams or don't get credited anything at all, that would be a huge help." As I'm sure you know, a lot of us have been around for a while and we have become pretty close. That's what makes this a great community! We're not going to rat each other out for getting too many rewards. Some of us just feel like we're getting an unfair advantage over others because of the videos. I understand this is a testing phase and we're being rewarded for doing our part but its hard to not feel guilty about getting rewards when your friends aren't.

As for the reference to Darth Vader, all I can think about is talking into the fan & saying, "Luke, I am your father" (For everyone watching at home: Yes, I do that!) :p

Now to stay on topic:

I get the same black background as others when the graphics are loading. When I switch farms I get the loading screen I get when first logging in. If that's intentional, I will get used to it but for now it makes me nervous because I don't know if I'm switching farms or if I got kicked from the game. :/

I can't say much about the Skyline event yet since its not active but I know players have suggested being able to change the scenery in the past so I'm sure some will be happy with that. To be honest, I don't pay much attention to the part that would be changed but I'll probably change it anyway if I see something I like. ;)

• Latten,

If No pain no gain event was updated yesterday why is it showing on next "news" ,when we login that popup.It says coming next but it was already done right?
    Latten,

If No pain no gain event was updated yesterday why is it showing on next "news" ,when we login that popup.It says coming next but it was already done right?
    I wondered this myself, but I figure the update to have been done, since you can view the flags in the deco tower (On the top floor).

I thought it might start overnight.  That is what the event has done in the past.
  • Latten said:
    We're currently testing "Starling", a game engine, for Big Farm. While this should improve lots and lots of performance issues, it will not allow Mouse wheel zooming on Chrome :(

If you're affected, please try a different browser, or use the + and - keys on the numpad instead - they should work just fine :)

Does this apply to everyone, or is it only for a selected few? Only reason I ask is because I'm using Chrome and my mouse wheel does zoom in and out.
    For me....
    On Chrome, scroll wheel doesn`t work, number pad sort of does (not very responsive).
    On Edge, scroll wheel doesn`t work & nor does number pad.
    On Firefox scroll wheel works.
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    Same problem on my SKN farm on chrome and edge.

no mouse scroll, no + and - working from numpad, only working with + - in game settings.

And i got the dental floss as the others :(

firefox working ok with mousescroll
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    Latten said:
    We're currently testing "Starling", a game engine, for Big Farm. While this should improve lots and lots of performance issues, it will not allow Mouse wheel zooming on Chrome :(

If you're affected, please try a different browser, or use the + and - keys on the numpad instead - they should work just fine :)

Does this apply to everyone, or is it only for a selected few? Only reason I ask is because I'm using Chrome and my mouse wheel does zoom in and out.
    I'm using chrome too. It works fine for me. And i'm NOT going to try a different browser, not because of any game. Chrome works just good with all other things that are more important to me than a game.
  • LCG42 (US1)LCG42 (US1) Posts: 24
    edited 30.09.2015
    Well that session on the farm was about enough. I use Chrome with the latest gaming software. I buy Gold, not huge amounts, but my fair share. If that is the best that GGS can do is tell me to use another browser, Then YOU CAN [toot my toooot!!!] If the game wont play any better than that after YOUR latest update & trying to use a different game engine, then I have just wasted over 2 years of playing this game. Usually roll with all the different bugs but slow gaming won't be one of them. Guess if it's not better in a few sessions you can kiss me gone. I don't have the time to play a slow game because You (GGS) want to try a different "engine".Guess I would feel different if I played totally for free but I don't. I have bought hundreds if not more in real money, (U.S. dollars). Thanx for finally irratating me enough to rant like this, wife will be glad to hear that I am finally seriously considering of leaving this game. Yours truly from Big Sky Country, Larry
    Post edited by Latten (DE1) on
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 30.09.2015
    Latten said:

This does not apply to everyone, as far as I'm aware. I myself have the same issue though.
    Latten said:

Latten, what performance is supposed to be better? At my end everything is rather slower, laggy, silly jumpy behaviour of graphics when moving farm around. Certainly nothing goes smoother, and certainly no improvement observed here.

Already working on this. We'll update continually during the next days to (hopefully) improve performance of the new system constantly.

We have members in my co op that are seeing the loading screen when switching between farms, including myself. this is disconcerting to some, as they thought they'd been disconnected at first. Is this part of the game engine test? If so, or not, I think the fact your testing a game engine should have been put in the update notice.
    Same here. I'm also seeing the loading screen when I water my coop trees.
    Also part of this new engine, and also not supposed to be as slow as it is now - should be fixed ASAP.

I think that added guidance task telling you which task you should do is highly highly redundant. Really don't need the game's oppinion on which task should be done now. Might be usefull for first few levels, but not for those who know the game already. And even with the first few levels I highly doubt if's usefullness, as the tasks themselves provide enough guidance already.  :)

Not sure what you mean... I'm ecstatic to know that the "Sell 7,000 Apples" sidebar is the most important one for me to complete!  Especially given that I haven't sold an Apple since the new market arrived.  Heck, I sincerely don't know what I'd do without this stunning piece of advice.  I need to get on that.  Hang the Hawaii event!

While I really do appreciate the sarcasm, this "recommended task" will always give you the one task with the most potential XP for you to gain. I do agree that the quality of said task could be more exciting, but that's what it does :dizzy: 

jess_d (US1) said:
    I don't think it was really necessary to give Jiesta a warning and using her as an example. Jiesta has been around for a while and done nothing but help other players in any way she could. One time she posted her frustrations and she gets a warning while the same people that are putting GGS, the CMs, & Mods on blast over & over get away with it?I don't think she was trying to derail the topic at all. She was responding to your comment Cutting off here, but ofc I read the whole thing :) I'm aware that Jiesta of course does want to help, but at this point I felt like I had to step in before it actually would have been necessary to give out an actual warning (which didn't happen, of course). 
    Just to be clear: In cases I ask you guys about, for example, names of players who got too much of something due to a bug, I promise that I'd never, ever do this to "rat out" users so we can take it away again - which is probably what Jiesta wanted to imply in her post. And while this might be an understandable concern that I probably could have addressed earlier (I just didn't think of that, because it feels so far-fetched to me), I really can't allow straight-up badmouthing of our Mods, GGS employees or us, the CMs. This also is covered by our forum guidelines (as well as discussing matters of user warnings in an open thread, but I'll make an exception for this :D). So, Jiesta, please don't take it personal, but there was a line crossed in that post that shouldn't be crossed - I'm aware you probably don't mean it completely like that, but I'm also sure you understand my position here :) I still appreciate your feedback and your input, the good and the negative both, promise.

anitha6 (IN1) said: Latten,

That is indeed weird, maybe the news wasn't updated properly.

Well that session on the farm was about enough. I use Chrome with the latest gaming software. I buy Gold, not huge amounts, but my fair share. If that is the best that GGS can do is tell me to use another browser, Then YOU CAN [toot my toooot!!!] If the game wont play any better than that after YOUR latest update & trying to use a different game engine, then I have just wasted over 2 years of playing this game. Usually roll with all the different bugs but slow gaming won't be one of them. Guess if it's not better in a few sessions you can kiss me gone. I don't have the time to play a slow game because You (GGS) want to try a different "engine".Guess I would feel different if I played totally for free but I don't. I have bought hundreds if not more in real money, (U.S. dollars). Thanx for finally irratating me enough to rant like this, wife will be glad to hear that I am finally seriously considering of leaving this game. Yours truly from Big Sky Country, Larry

I understand why you're angry about current performance issues, and so are we, but in this case, it's difficult for us as well. We want to improve the game, the performance and the features of the game, and - due to various Chrome changes regarding multiple Flash features - have a lot of hurdles to jump over to make that happen, if we don't want to tread water. 
    I'd love you to stay with us, but of course I can't force you, so please stay for a while and see where this is going after a week or two - I promise it'll get better!
  • What about the videos? I still don't have them!
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 30.09.2015
    Latten said:

I understand why you're angry about current performance issues, and so are we, but in this case, it's difficult for us as well. We want to improve the game, the performance and the features of the game, and - due to various Chrome changes regarding multiple Flash features - have a lot of hurdles to jump over to make that happen, if we don't want to tread water. 
    I'd love you to stay with us, but of course I can't force you, so please stay for a while and see where this is going after a week or two - I promise it'll get better!
    A week or two?  It takes my main farm 5 minutes to fully load all the background, ship, contracts, etc, so that I can see everything and not just have gears spinning.  Five minutes before I can start any work on my farm.  Then - then - I go to the gourmet farm and wait again, and to the flower farm and wait again. 

Is this new "Starling" thing what is causing the game to lag so badly when harvesting, planting, etc?  Because that is bogged down as well.  Not to mention watering co-op trees that takes twice as long as it did before the update with the lovely "game loading" screen between each farm. 

For me, I'm not sure I can give this game two more weeks of my time, not with everything running as slowly as it does now. 

Edit: This is on my us1 farm which is being demolished.  The house in front of the truck is being demolished.  No indication of that anywhere.  This is since the update yesterday.  Playing on Chrome.

Post edited by CathyD (INT1) on
  • anyone had a mushroom on top of their barn??? sorry didn't take the picture....seriously whats next?! :s and about that highlighted task...is it really necessary? by and by aren't we intelligent enough to pick our own tasks to do first or keep an eye on most beneficial?! why stuff this game with essentially useless things which makes the game even more buggy, laggy and whatever else aggy is there....and why should we change the browser as well... im well happy with chrome, as a matter of fact firefox (where the zoom works) is much worse when it comes to loading...i don't want wait half hour every time i switch farms for everything to load....as i said b4 i am very dissappointed, dissatisfied, disgruntled; and every other dis... there is  :s:(

Is this new "Starling" thing what is causing the game to lag so badly when harvesting, planting, etc?  Because that is bogged down as well.  Not to mention watering co-op trees that takes twice as long as it did before the update with the lovely "game loading" screen between each farm. 

Yes, that's probably what's causing all performance issues atm for the players that are affected. I really urge you to at least check how it's running on a different browser at the moment, but eventually, after these issues are fixed, it should run way, way better than it did before.

Ozzie: The mushroom should definitively not be there and will be fixed asap. 
  • yeah already spent gold to find it... :#
  • can you please check the buy button for island house too ? :)
  • Hi Ozzie, I had a mushroom on top of one of my houses. Took me ages to find it. What a surprise. Also had them behind those ridiculous jumping purple markers. Please, please GGS can you do something about those markers. Surely they could be smaller at least. :'(
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 30.09.2015
    Latten said:

Jiesta, I'm usually absolutely fine with productive criticism at both, the game itself or the CM team, but at this point, you're reaching and I'm no longer comfortable with it. We're trying to find hints to find a solution for a problem, that affects a ton of players, but we're not going anywhere with "criticism" like this, or by posting hearsay about what might or might not have happened to a player that might or might not exist at some point.

If you prefer to frame us as some evil scheming Darth Vader-type villains, that's all fine and great, but please don't do that here in open discussions (or here in the forums, for that matter), where it helps no one at all. Accusations, bad will and intentional derailing of threads will most likely end in warnings or bans. And yes, you can consider this a first warning.

Alright, back to topic please,
    Timo

Latten,

I don't think it was really necessary to give Jiesta a warning and using her as an example. Jiesta has been around for a while and done nothing but help other players in any way she could. One time she posted her frustrations and she gets a warning while the same people that are putting GGS, the CMs, & Mods on blast over & over get away with it?

**********************************************************************************************************

END OF QUOTE (I have no idea how to get out of the quoting area, so I hope this wil be clear enough)

Thank you for this comment @jess_d (US1) . I was thinking of writing something similar myself, but had a hard time of how to word it so nobody gets offended. In her post I also see just posting a frustration over a not very successfully implemented feature and nothing else. But I do see how @Latten's post could hurt her feelings big time! It hurt mine when reading it and I was not taking a part in discussion at all.

Dont get me wrong. I have very high opinion of @Latten. Both him and @Naffaru are very heplfull in many ways. And very, very patient. They are the "first line of defence of GGS against angry mob of players" when something goes wrong  , so to speak (happening often lately). I know that they put a lot of effort to answer as many questions as possible and to calm down all high spirits here in forums. But sometimes calming down could be misunderstood as "hushing all up" and this, I think, is what @Jiesta was reffering to, when she spoke about gagging. Sorry @Latten, I respect you in many ways, but in this case, my sympathies are with @Jiesta. I do not thing she deserved such a harsh words from you.

Again, I apologise from moving away form the topic, but it needed saying.

And to avoid angry looks from mods I put myself back into the line and back to the topic (please, understand this sentence as a try to calm everything with a little help of a bad humor and not as a personal attack on mods in general or anyone in particular):

Love the update. Finally something calming and relaxing and competition free. Not that I do not like challenges,  but game is becoming a little bit crowded with ranking lists lately.

Edit (now it lets me write out of quote area, funny that):
    I now saw that @Latten answered on @jess_d (US1) post. I wrote this before I saw that answer. I am glad thing are calming down.
  • So we will have another problem the next 1 or 2weeks. Very nice when that problem is not solved when another C-C starts. Then we need need a C-C that runsfor 10 or more days to gather a reasonable amounts of RP Points for our COOPS.
    But i think i know the only solution that is brewing in the mind of the GGS. Buy more GOLD

Money making is not that difficult,we create a problem and the cash register is making noise again

Normal people won,t repair or change something iff it is not broken of gives problems,but it think there are people wich thinks different.And do it without testing like we are still testing the video,s.

Geoerge silo won,t have to work very hard when he comes back again in the NPNG event
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    @ Latten:

I will not qoute your posts to prove my point and don't want to get into extensive argumentative posting here but this is all fundamentaly wrong.

GGS uses us (including paying customers) as guinea pigs and says "hang on for a week or two". .And that after weeks, if not months, of creating increasing chaos in game and on forums, spoiling our game experience and literaly irritating many to the point of leaving the game. Then when rightfully frustrated player points out to outrageous silliness of all this she get's threatened with warning about bad mouthing.

I understand that you guys at the bottom end of the chain may get a lot of pressure from top and from us. But the only way you GGS people can improve your reputation is that you start performing substantially better in all respects. Threats and excuses only make it worse for GGS.

Given the amount of "bad press" this game is attracting maybe GGS should finally have a look if the guy managing this project is really the right person for the job. Although admittedly it does take some skills to create so much mess on so many front lines in such a short time. :) .)
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Latten said:
    Yes, that's probably what's causing all performance issues atm for the players that are affected. I really urge you to at least check how it's running on a different browser at the moment, but eventually, after these issues are fixed, it should run way, way better than it did before.

I'm running one farm on Chrome - you know the issues there - that farm is currently being demolished.
    The farm that is so slow is on Firefox where everything was fine before this update.   Both Chrome and Firefox have worked fine until this point.  I have heard, over and over, that IE is useless with this game.  So, which browser do you recommend?
  • HEY,

Will these skyline increase our farm's happiness
    edited 30.09.2015
    Latten said:Yakoska () said:

While I really do appreciate the sarcasm, this "recommended task" will always give you the one task with the most potential XP for you to gain. I do agree that the quality of said task could be more exciting, but that's what it does :dizzy: 

*** Below this is Y ***
    This is weird, I can't type under the quote box.... even after an edit.  Because I deleted some of the quote text maybe?  Definitely an error to look into.  But what I intended to say in reply.  Then its really a useless tool, Latten.  Come on.  Its not adding any new information.  The amount of Experience is already listed.  Anyone can see that already.

-Y

I understand that you guys at the bottom end of the chain may get a lot of pressure from top and from us. But the only way you GGS people can improve your reputation is that you start performing substantially better in all respects. 
    Noted. Regarding technical issues though, that's exactly what we're trying to do here, even if it doesn't really look like it yet - in the end, this change should help the performance of the game to get much better overall.

Latten said:

I'm running one farm on Chrome - you know the issues there - that farm is currently being demolished.
    The farm that is so slow is on Firefox where everything was fine before this update.   Both Chrome and Firefox have worked fine until this point.  I have heard, over and over, that IE is useless with this game.  So, which browser do you recommend?
    For now, I'd recommend Firefox. The performance issues should be fixed within (hopefully) the next few days, and zooming shouldn't be an issue. If you can deal with Numpad-zooming, I'd probably say "give Chrome a shot", but right now, there are some issues on every platform, sadly. We're on it, but I can't give you any specific time frame at the moment :(

HEY,

Will these skyline increase our farm's happiness
    Nope, they're just for individualization of your farm :)

*** Below this is Y ***
    This is weird, I can't type under the quote box.... even after an edit.  Because I deleted some of the quote text maybe?  Definitely an error to look into.  But what I intended to say in reply.  Then its really a useless tool, Latten.  Come on.  Its not adding any new information.  The amount of Experience is already listed.  Anyone can see that already.

-Y
    To help with quoting, you can switch to HTML mode (the </> button) and put your cursor back under the </blockquote> tag, which ends the quote. It can be quite annoying to get *stuck* in the quote box, I agree, but this usually helps.
    The tool isn't necessarily useless, but it's probably way more useful for new players than it is for old ones, I agree. I will collect all your feedback regarding the 'recommended quest' button and forward it, of course.
    I would normally edit my own post to add new thoughts, but see my issues above.  I wanted to comment regarding performance issues.  I use a laptop with a trackpad, so I can't test scrolling on Safari.  That said, the game is constantly hanging up.  Even during the last Co-op Championship (which may have been before the new engine), I could no longer harvest all my Chickens, or all my fields, or all my cows... without something going off.  Sometimes just a slow response and then all of a sudden it would all be harvested.  Sometimes only a partial harvest.  This is worse now, as its gone from sometimes to almost always.  And forget about watering the Co-op tree.  Ugh.  A tedious task during the best of times... its now tedious AND frustrating.

I am all for an improving and evolving a game, but at this point, doesn't this game deserve a new title?  Big Farm Beta?

-Y

PS>  I couldn't actually post this (the post comment was greyed out) until I refreshed, or Latten posted... both occurred from when I started.  But to add... I tried the up down and side to side arrows on my laptop keyboard, or did you mean actual greater than less than signs? < and >?
  •  I tried the up down and side to side arrows on my laptop keyboard, or did you mean actual greater than less than signs? < and >?
    </> is one of the icons on the bar in the posting box...the last one... It changes the view to & from regular view to HTML view.
  • Alisha27 (INT1)Alisha27 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 102
    edited 30.09.2015
    any particular time frame when the skyline wud be available? and do we need gold for that?
    No and yes. It is an event like all events, which will pop up randomly. In the official announcements you can read you need gold for some of the backgrounds. Others are available for dollars. 

thnks for the info :)
  • andy123321 (INT1)andy123321 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 117
    Yesterday afternoon was bad...   Unable to Log-In....
    Today I Logged-In after 20 minutes of trying, but now the Dock is missing
    also the Market and Horses.....   Also all my Dollars in the Island Farm.

Anyone else with these problems...?

Sign In to comment.