Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sep 22nd - Mushroom Search - Discussion

Comments

• Kris847n (SKN1)Kris847n (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 133
    So Sorry that there is no way to get the 100 mushrooms, when the last one on the first 2 days were not to be found, not even with the hint. It would be nice if there where a few extra mushrooms in the game.
  • Kris847n (SKN1)Kris847n (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 133
    and one comment to the new lay-out: really annoying, that the mailboks has to be filled with answers now, after you post a comment. Worst is, that I get guided further to the german side....
  • edited 27.09.2015
    Thanks for sharing Gwendolyn!!!  I had searched many times since last night for my last mushroom!!! It's almost 3pm here-PST, and I was bound and determined to find that last one before 9PM pst-when the new ones come out!  I double checked all your places too and finally found it between the tree trunk and the lighthouse!!!!  Sneaky little funky golden one!! B) 

**** Just an observation to share. CM's please take note of this!

In Gwendolyn's pics, there were places that were all covered up by exclamation points on my screens, and Omar's clock, etc. 
    I am using Google Chrome, with zoom at 100% on my browser in the picture below.  And on the Big Farm screens,the zoom is is set to the smallest one.  Note the bridge is hidden behind Omar's clock. (A mushroom was found under that before!!)

In the second picture, below I am using Google Chrome, with zoom at 100% on my browser in the picture below.  And on the Big Farm screens,the zoom is is set to the largest one.  Note the bridge is all visible here.

If anyone has to get a hint to find a mushroom and then can't find it, I wonder if it was hidden behind Omar's clock and on the bridge or something else?
    I recommend that you take a screen shot if you can't find it with a hint and tell support with the pic too.  If it was hidden behind something like this, I do not think we should be penalized because this is a "normal" setting in the game play.

**** Better yet, post your screen shot here and we can try to help you too!  Can't wait for the new mushrooms for tonight to grow big enough so we can see them!!  Should be ready by about 9pm PST. Matilda's stew smells good already!  I finished finding all 11,000 pages of her cookbook today too, my it's a heavy book!!!  :wink: 

Post edited by Craftycritters (US1) on
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Crafty,
    The 3 hardest places I can think of are:
    - on the bench behind the racing arena
    - on the bench next to the score board
    - look behind one of those little fence pickets (the 1st) of the parking area above your farm!

And look for Chanterelles in these orange trees in the surroundings of yr farm, the color is nearly the same!

Good luck!!
  • How to post a picture on the Forum.

To post a picture on the Forum, take a screen shot -Larino's Corner has instructions on how to do this if you need it. (On newer Toshiba keyboards you need to use the keys FN +prtsc to take a screen shot).

Then paste it into paint.  Paint is a free program in windows accessories. Edit, crop, etc. draw circles, etc.

Then save the file.  I've been saving them as jpeg files.  

Then click where the red circle is in the pic below. and the screen will open where the blue circle is.  Click choose files where the blue circle is, find your file, and click on open.  It will take a minute to load and then it will be pasted nicely on your post. :smile: 

When I tried using the Attach a file on the bottom left, it attaches the file yes, but the pic was not nicely pasted and immediately ready to see in my post.  I hope that helps!  It's really quite easy. :smile: 

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Lol I am that tired + brains in bed last 15 mins,that I was trying to collect the mushroom on Mathildas stall. The finger was pointing right at it,was my last 1 ,was determined to find it I did eventually
  • One word for the mushroom hunt.

Windows Magnifier... oops wait that's 2 words...

Very handy ;)
  • edited 28.09.2015
    farmerm53 (US1) said:
    My hint was at one of my horse rings, when i scroll over the area my cursor turns to a finger, i have clicked on everything that has been a pointed finger and get nothing? 
    Next time you have this problem, post a screen print showing where it took you when you got the hint and maybe we can help you find it. :smile: 

Or if you kept a screen print for support, please post it so I can see it.  

(I posted instructions on how to post a pic earlier today.)
    grammaatdaycare (US1) said:
    When the mushroom hunt started this morning, 23 Sep 2015, on my farm (server US 1) the day count showed 10. Now, this afternoon, 23 Sep 2015, the day count shows 8, but the mushroom count has not reset.  Something is not right.

New Mushrooms come out each night on US1 at 9PM PST (12 midnight EST).   Here in California USA, PST, GGS is 9 hours ahead of us.  So new mushrooms come out at 6am GGS time (Game time is Germany time.) each day.  I've always thought that they should make it midnight to midnight GGS time, but they chose 6am to 6am GGS time.

In past hunts either the hunt or the deco has been short several hours on the last day, I cannot remember which one.  So, plan on completing the deco before the last day and finding the mushrooms as soon as you can when they come out on the last day.  

Good Luck Everyone!!
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey fellow farmers, I know the timer can be a little confusing when read together with the "days left" button. I can assure you that everyone taking part in this event on every server will have the full 10 days, and the possibility to find all 100 mushrooms and finish. I will however still speak to the developers about finding a more precise and clear way to show the time remaining on all events. I hope you all are still on track to find all 100 shrooms!

Regards,
    Stan
  • I had trouble with the game not running on chrome the past three days. Chrome worked for anything else but the farm. I had just collected my 30 mushroom, when the game froze. Now I am 1 mushroom short and will not be able to receive the final reward, that is assuming the game does not freeze again while I am hunting mushrooms. That freeze has also affected my ufo game which I will find a discussion to comment on that too. 
  • CM Popeye said:
    Hey fellow farmers, I know the timer can be a little confusing when read together with the "days left" button. I can assure you that everyone taking part in this event on every server will have the full 10 days, and the possibility to find all 100 mushrooms and finish. I will however still speak to the developers about finding a more precise and clear way to show the time remaining on all events. I hope you all are still on track to find all 100 shrooms!

Regards,
    Stan

Usually the countdown (hover) timer is the one the events follow for the ending time. Even without looking at the "days left" amount the countdown timer is wrong based on when the event actually started, at least on my account and some others on the US server. The countdown started on Tuesday, but the event didn't actually start then.

I noticed this myself.  10 days would have been 240 hours, and it started with about 212 hours left.

That's right...I noticed it tooo....once again shortchanged.  No way to get the final prizes....

These players had the same experience I did. I agree the "days left" can confuse someone at first, but ignoring that statement altogether doesn't explain the missing time on the countdown timer. If you say that all servers will be given the full 10 days then the US server timer needs to be increased by about 24 hours. It's not like we didn't log in for a whole day and then we start the event late. I personally was online the night before and earlier that day with no event running... no drops, no hidden eggs, no cart in the festival area. Suddenly the event has begun, and when I check the event cart it says I have a whole day missing off the clock... no way I missed that much time. If the event was running for a whole day before I saw it, then why didn't it show for me...and the others who are having this problem? Did this only affect some players and not others?

If nothing can be done to fix the problem then so be it, I am still trying my hardest to find a way to finish all the tasks before the timer runs out, if possible. But investigating the missing time should be done by GG so this doesn't keep happening to these kinds of events. Event timers should not be running behind the scenes before the event actually begins on screen for the players to participate, simple as that.

• I understand what all is being said about the timer.  My dilemma is thus:
    It says I am collecting day 6 of the mushrooms.   Day 6, Day 7 Day 8 Day 9 Day 10  -  All total that is 5 more days to collect mushrooms.  My counter says 3 days.   This descrepency (sp?) has occurred since the first day this started.   First day I was told day 1 of 10 for collecting mushrooms while the counter said I had 8 days.     I tried putting a screen shot in here to show but don't know if it will work.  - pci not working will be operator error, but the counter and day of mushroom collections is not of my making.  What gives?   I have waiting to see if it would be fixed but nothing and event ends soon.  

Anyone have any bits of wisdom on this?
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    There has GOT to be a 50th location and I can NOT find it. If anybody is willing to check my post and figure out which one it is and get me a screenshot (full zoom, high quality please) I will be forever thankful! 

If you check the post, btw, it looks like I have all 50, but I do not. So the post is full with 50 pictures, but there is one twin in it. (11th and 35th picture counted from left to right and from top to bottom).

https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2015/09/23/matildas-famous-mushroom-stew/
  • edited 29.09.2015
    There has GOT to be a 50th location and I can NOT find it. If anybody is willing to check my post and figure out which one it is and get me a screenshot (full zoom, high quality please) I will be forever thankful! 

If you check the post, btw, it looks like I have all 50, but I do not. So the post is full with 50 pictures, but there is one twin in it. (11th and 35th picture counted from left to right and from top to bottom).

https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2015/09/23/matildas-famous-mushroom-stew/
      I don't see this one in your tiny pics, So maybe this is it.  Shows on your overall pic,  Pic from my post above on 9-25-15. :smile: 
  • None...this has happened with the last couple of events.  Farmer Black is absolutely correct with his/her assessment.  The bad thing is GGS does not respond, even though they are quick to issue tickets.  I am still waiting on answers to a glitch from September 7th.  The best thing is to harvest the pages.  You can at least get that prize.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey farmers, I will pass this information over to our bug team for investigation. Now that i read more of what you guys had to say, it seems like it could be an issue we have to address. It certainly is not fair if you do not get the same amount of time. Can I also ask that you all turn in tickets to our support team when you get a chance? This will ensure the issue gets looked at;)

Regards,
    Stan
      I don't see this one in your tiny pics, So maybe this is it.  Shows on your overall pic,  Pic from my post above on 9-25-15. :smile: 
    Thanks for trying! Unfortunately that is not it : ( The 7th pic is the one you found : ) My overall pic is also missing 1 circle, since I made that one based on my tiny pics : )
  • There has GOT to be a 50th location and I can NOT find it. If anybody is willing to check my post and figure out which one it is and get me a screenshot (full zoom, high quality please) I will be forever thankful! 
    Keep searching, I guess.  :p  Or take it from me that there is no 50th location :pensive: 

• There has GOT to be a 50th location and I can NOT find it. If anybody is willing to check my post and figure out which one it is and get me a screenshot (full zoom, high quality please) I will be forever thankful! 
    Keep searching, I guess.  :p  Or take it from me that there is no 50th location :pensive: 

How about this one?

photo Hidden Mushroom_zpscalcjpo1png

Nice guess, Sim, but I found a 53rd location even. You are wrong this time, pal!

It seems like there are more than 50 this time, so I will keep on going and checking my post with the locations I get on my farms.

• And another one. I needed to use the  hint to find this one. 
    edited 29.09.2015

How about this one?

photo Hidden Mushroom_zpscalcjpo1png

Jep, that was one of those that I only found this morning on the US server! I haven't seen the one Gwendolen last posted yet. Hopefully today, so I can add my own screenshot to the list : )
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 29.09.2015
    Here`s another one not on your latest map....

photo Shroom054_zpsbrjgfennpng

...and this one to the left of the ranch...

photo Shroom055_zpscifzavsqpng

edited 29.09.2015
    Thanks, scissors! I had indeed found the first one on my round this time. And a bunch of others. The second one I am not sure of if I have that one already. I will edit them in tomorrow, time to sleep now : )

Edit: I did indeed get the one Gwendolen had three times. Once on a house, once on a sleeping indication of a chicken coop and once on the road (latter two on farms not completely expanded and built yet). I am glad that one comes up on top of the thing you have built there, otherwise it would be impossible to ever find it!!
  • Margitorix (SKN1)Margitorix (SKN1) Posts: 87
    edited 30.09.2015

1. What do we do when there is only 9 mushrooms on the farm and NOT 10?

Several people have now looked on my farm and there is def NOT 10 there
    2. look at post belowe
    Post edited by Margitorix (SKN1) on
  • Margitorix (SKN1)Margitorix (SKN1) Posts: 87
    edited 30.09.2015
    I did 1½ hrs work before admitting defeat and paid for the last mushroom  it was hidding behind the post on the organic market the one nearest the pier opposit the neighbor

ps my first defeat was also behind a post the one in front of the event parkinglot the first day of this event
    Post edited by Margitorix (SKN1) on
  • CM Popeye said:
    Hey farmers, I will pass this information over to our bug team for investigation. Now that i read more of what you guys had to say, it seems like it could be an issue we have to address. It certainly is not fair if you do not get the same amount of time. Can I also ask that you all turn in tickets to our support team when you get a chance? This will ensure the issue gets looked at;)

Regards,
    Stan

Thanks Popeye. I have sent a support ticket. Maybe with your involvement and concerns based on our posts, the support team will put more of an urgency into this matter. It's not just about this event but about other possible events based on this one. If a template is used and the template is flawed everything that follows will be flawed. I'm sure the developers created a time frame for finishing for a reason, and to cut off 10% of that time could keep a lot of players from finishing that otherwise would have, and leaving them with a lot of frustration towards GG and it's games.
  • Muddud (INT1)Muddud (INT1) Posts: 29
    edited 30.09.2015

And another one. I needed to use the  hint to find this one. 
    Worst Mushroom Placement EVER!!! :#
  • Muddud (INT1)Muddud (INT1) Posts: 29
    edited 30.09.2015
    Worst Mushroom placement EVER!!!! :| 

So true I said it Twice
  • thanks margitorix! i had 2 remaining mushrooms and one of them was that!

! muddud, i got the same mushroom behind the house!!! it did appear as floating on the roof of the house though, but i never looked there till you said it- camouflaged by the leaves on the tropical house.
Sign In to comment.