Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sep 29th - The Sky is the limit - Discussion

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 29.09.2015
    @Latten said:
    If you can point me to players who definitively got too many rewards, never-ending videostreams or don't get credited anything at all, that would be a huge help.
    *rant on*

What kind of marketing strategy is this? The "Give-the-problem-back-to-players-and-let-them-sort-it-out-themselves" Strategy? 
    Did your senior executives give you the order: "Ask them to rat out other players and the problem is solved, because firstly nobody wants to be called a Judas, and secondly, it's impossible for the players themselves to find out who is getting what....
    And if all of this doesn't help, then just gag them - like we gagged them in the thread "Disagree Button"?

Fine business! :-1:

We all know that there are many many players who got those thousands of gold, but will never admit to it, although they know something very unfair is going on. We all know that only GGS can see who are the players who can watch videos all day - and players who can only watch 2-3 videos per day - and players that didn't get any videos at all.

This is going on for 1 whole month now, the video ads started on September 1. There is only one solution (although the damage has already been done and the game has been imbalanced terribly already), and that is to stop these video ads immediately. Sort them out on a test server at your side and don't bring them back in our game before everything is running smoothly and it's equally available to ALL players!

*rant off*

Just my 2 cents! Forgive me my rant, but I cannot stand blatant dishonesty!

PS: up until now I donate the collected gold by watching 2 videos per day to my coop

• Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 29.09.2015

*rant on*

What kind of marketing strategy is this? The "Give-the-problem-back-to-players-and-let-them-sort-it-out-themselves" Strategy? 
    Did your senior executives give you the order: "Ask them to rat out other players and the problem is solved, because firstly nobody wants to be called a Judas, and secondly, it's impossible for the players themselves to find out who is getting what....
    And if all of this doesn't help, then just gag them - like we gagged them in the thread "Disagree Button"?

Fine business! :-1:

Jiesta, I'm usually absolutely fine with productive criticism at both, the game itself or the CM team, but at this point, you're reaching and I'm no longer comfortable with it. We're trying to find hints to find a solution for a problem, that affects a ton of players, but we're not going anywhere with "criticism" like this, or by posting hearsay about what might or might not have happened to a player that might or might not exist at some point.

If you prefer to frame us as some evil scheming Darth Vader-type villains, that's all fine and great, but please don't do that here in open discussions (or here in the forums, for that matter), where it helps no one at all. Accusations, bad will and intentional derailing of threads will most likely end in warnings or bans. And yes, you can consider this a first warning.

Alright, back to topic please,
    Timo
  • eeke (NL1)eeke (NL1) Posts: 24
    edited 29.09.2015
    Is there any estimated time for the update to go live? 

Also wondering, The weekly events now start in the evening (european time) at tueseday. Is this gonna be the new routine? or are they gonna change back to monday morning (european time) after you updated all the themes with the new difficulties?

Because now its Tueseday evening till monday evening, Wich used to be monday morning till sunday evening. So we miss alsmost a whole day now...
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    Is there any estimated time for the update to go live? 

Also wondering, The weekly events now start in the evening (european time) at tueseday. Is this gonna be the new routine? or are they gonna change back to monday morning (european time) after you updated all the themes with the new difficulties?
    The themed events do not have a set starting time and they never had. Nobody can guarantee when they start. It will switch again multiple times in the future, so better get used to it.
  • eeke (NL1)eeke (NL1) Posts: 24
    edited 29.09.2015
    The themed events do not have a set starting time and they never had. Nobody can guarantee when they start. It will switch again multiple times in the future, so better get used to it.
    Thnx for that answer! I have only played for 2 months now, so i only noticed it changing once!
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 29.09.2015
    Since the upgrade, I can't use my mouse wheel to zoom in/out on the us1 farm.  :(   It's working fine on WWW1.  However, WWW1 is taking lots of time to switch between farms.

This is my farm (on us1) when switching between farms:

• Just a thought but how will the new backgrounds work with things like hidden mushrooms , easter eggs ect
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    I think that added guidance task telling you which task you should do is highly highly redundant. Really don't need the game's oppinion on which task should be done now. Might be usefull for first few levels, but not for those who know the game already. And even with the first few levels I highly doubt if's usefullness, as the tasks themselves provide enough guidance already.  :)

Here I recomend to scrap it. Near to totally useless feature imo.

Extra tasks on the other hand might be more fun - like extended daily tasks, or continuous chain of production tasks etc.
  • Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    Woohoo new backgrounds .... Gimme big stormy clouds & tornados wif flying cows n tractors please! photo Spongebob_zpsba2a8721gif

New changes to George's silo sound good too, hope the kite will be ok wif my tornado! photo 24_zpsrquk0gyhgif

• Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    edited 29.09.2015
    I am also unable to use my mouse wheel to zoom in and out.  And am wondering why the farm background is now that ugly black colour instead of green like it used to be when it was loading. 

Edited to add: The scroll button on the mouse also doesn't work to scroll through chat or to update the co-op news page. This needs to be fixed soon!
  • Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    Hey scissors are you making our new background??  or do we pick from a group of backgrounds im still not sure how this works
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    Any word on when the Hawaiian event will start? I had thought it would be going live when the Frida Flower update came live just now.

My coop and I grew cabbage overnight and waiting for this to start to begin a cooperative project. I hope this event starts soon.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey my good people, @gavinfarms (US1) Currently the decoration is only for the top finisher. @jules314 I can't give you an exact time, but the event will be starting soon ;)

-Stan
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 29.09.2015
    I also can no longer use my mouse wheel to zoom in and out

I also get the black background as in DuffyPoo's  post above
    Edit to add :
    It does eventually load but takes minutes :-(
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    OK, thank you for the quick response. Patiently waiting.

edited 29.09.2015
    Tha background thing seems to have messed up the game environment a bit. When moving around the farm, the background now doesn't move correctly with fixed positions and tends to jump. Guess more load to game was introduced this way, making it yet a bit more laggy and slowish. I've seen this skin horizon feature in other games without these funny side effects and extra load, so I guess it's down to programming skills.

If it stays with this poor workmanship I'd suggest to scrap it too. :)

Once again, GGS, it's good to enhance the game, but you need the skills to do it properly. Otherwise you'll class yourself among the masters in killing your own business with ever increasing chaos of this game. Kick that "drive-management" freak out and hire a good cleaning team. :)

• ozzie (GB1)ozzie (GB1) Posts: 19
    edited 29.09.2015
    have the same problem on EN server, but on Sk it works fine ...are we stuck now with manual zooming in and out as well?!....oh and what about that weird black background everytime i switch farms, kind of scary..
  • Me to. I have a logitech trackball and the scroll wheel no longer works. I have sent a complain via the comment bubble. But ggs is usually slow to respond. 
  • I can use ball to zoom in and out but its very laggy
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    Just a thought but how will the new backgrounds work with things like hidden mushrooms , easter eggs ect
    If you look at the background the way it is in the inventory, they seem to only be changing the far view. So that would not necessarily affect mushroom hunting, because the direct environment would stay in-tact. There have been little to none objects hidden in the far view in the past, only in the direct environment.
    @ Larino:  Based on how the environment now jumps, disconnected from fixed object I assume all environment get's changed (everything around fixed object in all directions), not just far view.
  • Can somebody send a decent programmer to these people bcz every update ( and i mean EVERY update ) lately brings more problems than it solves...now i look forward to every new event and so on and dont tend to comment much on forum but i am SICK to the back of my teeth from all these glitches we are getting in game, it really is taking out any joy i felt playing it....Please GGS b4 you start working on something make sure you have actually people who know what they are doing  :s
  • Bojchy23 (INT1)Bojchy23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 11
    hello does not work seachell trader and building slot i do not have
    edited 29.09.2015
    Can somebody send a decent programmer to these people bcz every update ( and i mean EVERY update ) lately brings more problems than it solves...now i look forward to every new event and so on and dont tend to comment much on forum but i am SICK to the back of my teeth from all these glitches we are getting in game, it really is taking out any joy i felt playing it....Please GGS b4 you start working on something make sure you have actually people who know what they are doing  :s
    And I perfectly understand this comment. My own enthusiasm for the game has been somewhat disappearing over the last few weeks. :) Time for break? Maybe. :)
  • Bojchy23 (INT1)Bojchy23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 11
    I can still watch the video
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    Just a thought but how will the new backgrounds work with things like hidden mushrooms , easter eggs ect
    Shouldn't be an issue, since only the upper part of the Farm will be replaced.

I am also unable to use my mouse wheel to zoom in and out.  And am wondering why the farm background is now that ugly black colour instead of green like it used to be when it was loading. 

Edited to add: The scroll button on the mouse also doesn't work to scroll through chat or to update the co-op news page. This needs to be fixed soon!
    We're currently testing "Starling", a game engine, for Big Farm. While this should improve lots and lots of performance issues, it will not allow Mouse wheel zooming on Chrome :(

If you're affected, please try a different browser, or use the + and - keys on the numpad instead - they should work just fine :)

• adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 29.09.2015
    The game so much slower and ridiculously pitiful about loading graphics. So much fun to guess what the contracts, neighbors, etc. etc. are when only gears show for minutes.  Switching farms?  Go walk around the block and it may have finally completely loaded when you get back.  I am sure not a techie, but I think it has to do with the useless new side bar Highlighted Task - game has to compute it for each farm whenever you switch back and forth.

Keeping my eye open for a new game, non-GGS, sigh.
  • seriously considering it, tho breaks my heart bcz i did love it when it all worked... :'( now tho is probably time to look elsewhere... :/
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    Latten said:

We're currently testing "Starling", a game engine, for Big Farm. While this should improve lots and lots of performance issues, it will not allow Mouse wheel zooming on Chrome :(

If you're affected, please try a different browser, or use the + and - keys on the numpad instead - they should work just fine :)

Thanks for the reply, Latten.  I have just tried using the + and - keys on the keypad but they did not allow me to scroll in and out.  Nor did they work for scrolling through chat.
  • DreamScape Farm (IN1)DreamScape Farm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 58
    edited 29.09.2015
    Latten said:
    We're passing on all the bugs you report, even if we don't immediately comment on it - the thing is, that with most of the video related issues, we're having a super hard time to actually find the issue that's causing it, since we can't easily redo whatever happened to you in those cases. This is also one of the reasons why the test phase isn't ending yet :/

Of course we can't just "stop" the game because of it, so you will see new features other parts of the team are working on. Just don't confuse that with "forgetting about existing problems", I can assure you we're not.

If you can point me to players who definitively got too many rewards, never-ending videostreams or don't get credited anything at all, that would be a huge help.

Okay, DONT "STOP" the game. But atleast STOP this video feature. So that its fair treatment to everyone Latten. Even this is possible or not ? Whats your say in this Latten ?

And who is a fool enough to come out and say that he getting huge amount of gold just for free due to some bug issue.....we are talking about "Gold", no one will do that. Do you really expect such thing ?
Sign In to comment.