Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sep 29th - The Sky is the limit - Discussion

Post edited by Latten (DE1) on

Comments

• Why is this annoncement not posted where announcement normaly being posted:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/categories/official-announcements-en

When will this update take place?
  • Now that sounds like fun. I am looking forward to amazing backdrops. I feel the artist in me is about to emerge. :D
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    What about the videos? I still don't have them and the gap between all those people that get a bunch of gold and rewards and those that get nothing is growing by the day!
  • Woohoo new backgrounds .... Gimme big stormy clouds & tornados wif flying cows n tractors please! photo Spongebob_zpsba2a8721gif

New changes to George's silo sound good too, hope the kite will be ok wif my tornado! photo 24_zpsrquk0gyhgif
  • haha Scissors. Just like you to want the crazy stuff. I look forward to seeing what you farm looks like after a tornado. lol
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey @BriannospamGame (skn1) That is the Englich (EN) forum, and this one is specifically for the US. There  are other people in charge of posting this information on that board. This update will be going live tomorrow, please keep an eye out for updates.

Regards,
    Stan
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    Now that sounds like fun. I am looking forward to amazing backdrops. I feel the artist in me is about to emerge. :D
    Oooh that gives me an idea. Maybe we should do a Create a Backdrop contest, I'll ask the team about this :)Larino (INT 1) said:
    What about the videos? I still don't have them and the gap between all those people that get a bunch of gold and rewards and those that get nothing is growing by the day!
    I don't have any update for that yet, but I'd guess we should be nearing the end of the testing phase by now.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 28.09.2015
    haha Scissors. Just like you to want the crazy stuff. I look forward to seeing what you farm looks like after a tornado. lol
    Will prolly look much like my pile of disassembled decos did hehe

BTW whats with the name Frida Flower?.... His name is obviously Priscilla Paintpot! photo 9_zps521a54fagif
    Oh okay, I see. So the end of the testphase will be: 'soon'

Reminder of the definition of soon: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Soon
  • 28th or 29th?
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 28.09.2015
    I do agree with Larino on this one. Different players tell me that:
    a) they can watch 20-30 videos per day and therefore were able to collect >5000 gold
    b) they can only watch 2 videos per day and thus collect 35-50 gold per day (but only when the system worked, because half of the time the reward buttons were greyed out and there was nothing to collect)
    c) they didn't get to see any videos at all up until now.

I am donating all the gold I catch through watching these videos (I have only 2 videos p/day) to my coop, as long as these videos don't run for everybody and therefore get everybody equal opportunities.

BTW: how long can a testing phase take? I could have lived with it, if it only would have taken 1 week, but now things are not only being terribly unfair, but it's also creating an imbalance in the game that will only grow worse by the day.

Although I am looking forward to all announced new features in the game by tomorrow's update - I do believe the unfairness of this video thing has higher priority and should be looked into first!
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    STOP ADDING NEW STUFF!!!

FIX WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE!!!
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    I agree with rocnrobn and Larino.  How about getting the movie mess worked out first?  Give back all the gold that was lost on the horse competition crash/restart.  Make the 'friends' link work and add the part where we are supposed to be able to add friends from those already playing the game.  Get rid of the multiple worker bubbles (I'm getting 4 at a time these days). 
  • Great idea about the skylines - instantly transport your farm to a new location or season by changing the background. I look forward to this new feature :smiley: 

Recommended task is another nice feature - especially for new farmers.

Glad to see the rework of NPNG - after the first one, I haven't been able to finish the hard work prizes. I get close but always miss the last few awards before the event ends.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Will the "average points per per unit of time" finally be displayed in the HW event.?

And, will its start time be announced?  Otherwise, it is still not fair.
  • Agreeing with Jiesta and Larino, some people really fall under the 'a' case and are able to collect lots of gold and various other good prizes while others get no videos at all. Unfortunately, I don't think that the videos are a high issue right now as GGS is obviously working on other things while the videos in general remain 'bugged'. Videos are not being able to reward mystery boxes from time to time. Videos get stuck without reward as result. And if you get lucky, ... 

It's time to fix videos in general and let's talk then again about the awesome new features that are coming towards us. 

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 28.09.2015
    Why do I cringe whenever we have a new update? Maybe because every update brings with it another disaster! I agree wholeheartedly that they need to fix what's broken before they break something else!
  • totally agree why introduce new stuff when they cant sort out on going problems. as much as i love the game its getting on my nerves that when you report a problem you receive a stupid email , and still the problems are on going.please get the video problem sorted before introducing new things
  • totally agree why introduce new stuff when they cant sort out on going problems. as much as i love the game its getting on my nerves that when you report a problem you receive a stupid email , and still the problems are on going.please get the video problem sorted before introducing new things
    Because this New Stuff is Something we have to Buy.  Gold, gold, gold, sigh.
  • I do agree with Larino on this one. Different players tell me that:
    a) they can watch 20-30 videos per day and therefore were able to collect >5000 gold
    b) they can only watch 2 videos per day and thus collect 35-50 gold per day (but only when the system worked, because half of the time the reward buttons were greyed out and there was nothing to collect)
    I belong to catagory c and I still use ie8. I can't believe that it is an ongoing bug rather than browser problem. I am more surprised at the gold that I have missed.
    I do agree with Larino on this one. Different players tell me that:
    I belong to catagory c and I still use ie8. I can't believe that it is an ongoing bug rather than browser problem. I am more surprised at the gold that I have missed.
    A bug? Browser problem? It is a test phase. A test phase, tampoon. This is all deliberate. We are labrats... And for a week, okay, maybe. Two weeks, well alright then. Three weeks is too much. Four or more weeks is absurd imo.
  • obviously some haven't been around long enough to realize  ggs could careless about our problems with the game.they keep layering new additions onto old problems. i had a video couch icon for one day when it was introduced, and haven't had one since ,so i never have been able to watch a video for any rewards. these backgrounds that can be bought for farm dollars or gold, will we get a clear explanation about the purchasing of them. like the 1st one we choose can be bought with farm $$, and if we want to change will it cost a arm and a leg in gold to do so.(like with changing the color of your dog)..i would suggest everyone choose wisely when actually buying one, you may get stuck with it (unless you use gold). it was so much nicer and less problematic when it was a farm game with monthly events, and missions were a optional side thing. remember every addition they do to game is to get more gold used by all.so as long as you feed the monster it will keep growing. a lot of this garbage has cause founding farmers to this game to get fed up and delete they're farms, like the former #1 player on our list, along with at least 10 of the top 25 players in xpts. but don't worry ggs you have 25mil people playing so you'll be alright.what does it matter that the people that stuck with you to help the game succeed , were made so unhappy and fed up that they left. certainly doesn't make a difference to you (ggs).so let's all wait and see what debacle takes place tomorrow with this next update,and how long it'll take to game to address the issues that will arise . remember don't jump to quick on getting a new background you maybe stuck with it ,unless u may have to use a lot of gold to change it, get ur can of raid ready for the new bugs.
  • The new Sky is the limit feature sounds awesome!  I can't wait to see it  I'll wait until the HW event comes out again to see if the changes are actually as good as it sounds.
    Hopefully, the kite will be available to more than position number 1 in the ranking.  It reads like it might be only position 1, and that would be completely absurd.

Hopefully they removed the collectibles and certificates and left the more valuable prizes.
    Hopefully, the kite will be available to more than position number 1 in the ranking.  It reads like it might be only position 1, and that would be completely absurd.

Hopefully they removed the collectibles and certificates and left the more valuable prizes.
    Will the "average points per per unit of time" finally be displayed in the HW event.?

And, will its start time be announced?  Otherwise, it is still not fair.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 29.09.2015
    We're passing on all the bugs you report, even if we don't immediately comment on it - the thing is, that with most of the video related issues, we're having a super hard time to actually find the issue that's causing it, since we can't easily redo whatever happened to you in those cases. This is also one of the reasons why the test phase isn't ending yet :/

Of course we can't just "stop" the game because of it, so you will see new features other parts of the team are working on. Just don't confuse that with "forgetting about existing problems", I can assure you we're not.

If you can point me to players who definitively got too many rewards, never-ending videostreams or don't get credited anything at all, that would be a huge help.
  • Latten, are there any approximate hours for the update to happen?
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Latten said:
    We're passing on all the bugs you report, even if we don't immediately comment on it - the thing is, that with most of the video related issues, we're having a super hard time to actually find the issue that's causing it, since we can't easily redo whatever happened to you in those cases. This is also one of the reasons why the test phase isn't ending yet :/

Yesterday, on my us1 farm, I had, in the morning, my one video for MiraMagia.  Later in the day, I got 8 more videos.  None of them ran more than 1 or 2 seconds at most.  Two were from the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting), the others were so short I never had a chance to notice even what they were.   I got rewards for all but, obviously, they were not working properly.

I still say, if in 4 weeks you can't solve the issues, it is time to scrap the thing for now, and work it out on a test server, and bring it back at a later time.  Instead of just adding layers of problems over layers of old problems.
    Dear Latten. The fact that there is a test period on real players who get real rewards is the problem. Because these real rewards are not equally distributed. I get videos on all servers except WWW. Which server do I play? WWW. Which server could I use these rewards on? WWW. That means that all the people that had videos, no matter if they were just 2 per day or a lot per day, got more gold and rewards than I. I, namely, got nothing (on the account it would matter most on that is). And I know there are more like me. The longer this test phase lasts, the longer my counter is on 0 and other's counters are still ticking.

Therefore, I think it would be nice if you did this long testing either equally (everybody gets the videos, everybody gets the rewards and everybody gets the bugs!) or away from us, on a test server, where bugs and excessive (or not so excessive) reward collecting does not matter for the game. 
Sign In to comment.