Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sep 22nd - Mushroom Search - Discussion

Comments

• One of my mushrooms was hidden behind one of the useless bouncing bubbles in the car park (left position in the top row). Made it very difficult to spot no matter which farm I was on.
    Go to the farm of another player in your co-op.  The junk on the farm is gone, and you can still collect the mushroom.
    That is not always true - I can clearly see 2 mushrooms on my farm (all I've looked for so far), and they do not appear on any other coop player's farm. 
  • Gin7 (US1)Gin7 (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    Question:  If you can only find 9 mushrooms one day, is the 10th still there to be found the next day?  Is it possible to find 11 the next day instead of 10?  Or is it that once you've missed one you can never get the total 100 mushrooms?  (There is no use of me continuing to look for a mushroom if it's not there & won't count)  Thanks to anybody who helps me with this one....soon, I hope.  :-)

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    if you do not find 10 mushrooms in same day,will not have the 100 needed for main prize Sorry
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 25.09.2015
    Question:  If you can only find 9 mushrooms one day, is the 10th still there to be found the next day?  Is it possible to find 11 the next day instead of 10?  Or is it that once you've missed one you can never get the total 100 mushrooms?  (There is no use of me continuing to look for a mushroom if it's not there & won't count)  Thanks to anybody who helps me with this one....soon, I hope.  :-)

No - I am sorry - the hunt for mushrooms resets at midnight. So you have to find all 10 mushrooms before that time. I agree it can be very difficult to find them all..... I do tell my coop members that their very last chance is to hover your mouse over the whole screen, because when it hits a hidden mushroom the arrow will change into a pointed finger. Maybe this could be a tip for you too.
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • Gin7 (US1)Gin7 (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    Thanks for the quick answer, Jiesta.  I tried magnifying & hovering the mouse over what I thought was every inch of the screen many times till midnight.  I just couldn't find one.  Is it ever behind one of the tags (labels) of something or behind something else that would obscure it from vision?  Or are they always in plain sight.  I saw another post about one being hidden by a bubble or something.
    edited 25.09.2015
    Gin7:

Do you know the website "Larino's Corner"?? There you can find all tips&tricks of the game, and there is a page with all screenshots of where the Easter Eggs were. People whisper that the mushrooms can be found at the same places.

Here is the link: https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2015/04/02/find-the-eggs/

I am outta here now, it's time for bed over here!! Good night! :wink: 
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    One of my mushrooms was hidden behind one of the useless bouncing bubbles in the car park (left position in the top row). Made it very difficult to spot no matter which farm I was on.
    I had that too

Same here.
  • sorry, but that is not what happens....it would be true if they let us collect all of them within 10 days but they don't.  Only 10 in one 24 hour period....so no chance of winning the big prize.
  • CM Popeye said:
    Hey fellow farmers! Please post any feedback or questions you might have regarding our latest update here. Best of luck with that mushroom stew=)

Happy farming,
    Stan
    hi Stan i have a question, how do i change my profile pic?
  • edited 25.09.2015
    farmerm53 (US1) said:
    My hint was at one of my horse rings, when i scroll over the area my cursor turns to a finger, i have clicked on everything that has been a pointed finger and get nothing? 
       I can't find my last mushroom!!!!!!
    Post edited by Craftycritters (US1) on
  •   Here is the location that I found the 8th mushroom today --see blue circle.

I had to get a hint to find the 10th one as in the red circle-had searched for many hours to try to find it.  

Hope that this helps some of you find your last ones for day 2!

Now, I'm happy!! I have 20 mushrooms!

• If you cannot find a mushrooms, you do get 1 free hint for the entire event as I recall, after that, I think the hints are 100 gold.  Anyway in my prior post-red circle that was from a hint-the little glow around it for the hint can be hard to see.  

In the pic. below, red circle, the arrow will be green, that is where you click to get a hint, it will take you to the screen where the hint is shown.

• MUSHROOM HELP!!

ON THE 3RD PAGE OF THE POSTS HERE, 7TH POST DOWN BY ME CRAFTYCRITTERS, I HAVE A LOT OF INFO FOR THOSE OF YOU NEEDING HELP WITH THIS EVENT.  GOOD LUCK!  :)
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    hi Stan i have a question, how do i change my profile pic?
    Click on your name to go to your profile then click change picture above your avatar. :)
  • Tralfazz (US1)Tralfazz (US1) US1 Posts: 136
    For folks who have a hard time finding the 'shrooms, eggs, candy. IF you are running windows as your OS you have a nice magnifier built into the "ease of access" options. In windows 8, 8.1 you need to go to the start screen and select the "all apps" button at the bottom right (right click at the bottom of the screen and the button will pop up). Then look for "ease of access" list. Magnifier will be on it. (right click it and select "pin to start" and then it will be on the main start screen as well, so you don't need to hunt or it every time.
    There are a bunch of options that you can set to make it easier to find those hidden items.

Happy hunting....
  • What do we do when there is only 9 mushrooms on the farm and NOT 10?

Several people have now looked on my farm and there is def NOT 10 there
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 25.09.2015
    Thanks for the quick answer, Jiesta.  I tried magnifying & hovering the mouse over what I thought was every inch of the screen many times till midnight.  I just couldn't find one.  Is it ever behind one of the tags (labels) of something or behind something else that would obscure it from vision?  Or are they always in plain sight.  I saw another post about one being hidden by a bubble or something.
     They can be hidden behind this bubbles with exclamations marks that float above the cars and tents. You can
    overcome this problem by going to a farm of your coop friend. The suroundings stay the same,  but the annoying
    bubbles disappear and you can try searching for mushrooms there. Also you can use the tip (highlights the area where the mushroom lies) once without paying gold (next tips have to be bought with gold). You can find this option if you click on Matilda.
    Post edited by aaabbb1 (INT1) on
  • What do we do when there is only 9 mushrooms on the farm and NOT 10?

It will definately be there Momma, try reloading with CTRL+F5 just in case its a display glitch. Check the 2 wooden benches in the horse ranch & behind the tree near the ranch gate & the wooden post for the rope in front of the traders carpark (left front corner) & on the front right wall of the bridge over the river near the Library...Those ones are all very hard to spot.
    I think it to be incredible that you can see/find your mushrooms on each others farms - we certainly can't! If we go to the farm of another coop-member, we can't see our nor their mushrooms there. Lucky you!

Another TIP might be: look behind one of those little fence pickets of the parking area!  :) 

They can be hidden behind this bubbles with exclamations marks that float above the cars and tents. You can
    overcome this problem by going to a farm of your coop friend. The suroundings stay the same,  but the annoying
    bubbles disappear and you can try searching for mushrooms there. Also you can use the tip (highlights the area where the mushroom lies) once without paying gold (next tips have to be bought with gold). You can find this option if you click on Greta.
    Not trying to be a wiseacre - but just to avoid possible confusion:  I am sure that aaabbb1 means Matilda .... 
  • I think it to be incredible that you can see/find your mushrooms on each others farms - we certainly can't! If we go to the farm of another coop-member, we can't see our nor their mushrooms there. Lucky you!

I can't see them on EN1 either - although I used to be able to see the eggs/sweets in previous events. Maybe this trick has changed for this event, so perhaps people should not post it as a solution until they have checked that it is still possible on their farm.
  • Here's some examples of how the mushrooms are hidden.

bubbles disappear and you can try searching for mushrooms there. Also you can use the tip (highlights the area where the mushroom lies) once without paying gold (next tips have to be bought with gold). You can find this option if you click on Greta.
    Not trying to be a wiseacre - but just to avoid possible confusion:  I am sure that aaabbb1 means Matilda .... 
    Exactly. Thanks for pointing it out. I edited my post accoridngly
    What do we do when there is only 9 mushrooms on the farm and NOT 10?

Well, if by "several people have now looked on my farm" you mean that they used in-fame feature to go and see your farm, than I must disappoint you. They see your farm, but surrounding are still theirs. So they were not looking at your mushrooms, but at theirs.
    The only way they can see you surrounding is trough your loggin data.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Tonight I could see mushroom right behind bubble man selling seaweed,did not want to click it was so close to him,did not want to accidently buy something from him,so went to coop members farm,not there? went back to mine,there again but vendors had moved so could safely collect. Also 1 growing on little flags around car park ???
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I am confident that they will adjust the timer just as they did when this happened before.  However, this is a perfect example of when a little more communication on the part of GGS would go a long way.
  • Let's see if I am capable of inserting the image I made of mushroom locations up till now. |

Woot! Looks like it's working. I hope this helps people :)

• There is nothing wrong with the timer - you guys all play the game for sometime now and you should know that the GGS timer, rounds of ALWAYS to full days.  Yes - 10 days technically should show between 240hrs to 216hrs remaining.  But - it will show 9days (full days) and the change hrs between 240-216.  Every event works like this !!!  So on the last day of the event - you will get 0days left with countdown from 23hrs 59min down !!!

As for one flop GGS made is - unless you check the parked trucks upon logging in, you might have missed Matilda's mushroom stand, I don't think the pop-up for event start showed up & I think it should have once the event started (doesn't matter if you were logged-in or logging in later).

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Ok collected 11,000 pages for that recipe book...must be quite the cookbook with that many pages. LOL
  • FarmerBlack (US1)FarmerBlack (US1) Posts: 58
    edited 27.09.2015

You can't discount my previous post as proving there is a problem with the timers for the event. I found the 10 hidden mushrooms within minutes of looking but before noticing the timer problem, so I took the screen shot. It clearly shows an 8 at the top with the timer showing, and a countdown timer that shows 8 days: 19 hours: 15 minutes: 8 seconds. Yes, the game would 'round down' to the 8 shown for that amount of time remaining, but it also clearly states it is day 1 of 10, which would indicate it should be sometime within the first 24 hours of starting. The first 24 hours would include the timestamps of 239:59:59 down to 216:00:01, but as you can see from my image the timer had already passed that point by almost 5 hours (211:15:08) which should indicate the event was already on day 2 which would include timestamps of 216:00:00 down to 192:00:01. According to the hover timer the event had already been running for 28 hours: 44 minutes: 52 seconds, which would infer that the event started on Tuesday morning in central US, the morning that the updates had been installed.

I thought I was mistaken; I thought maybe I had somehow missed the start of the event even though I was watching for it; I thought maybe I just didn't see the cookbook pages drop during my early morning harvests. But then I came to this discussion and found that more than one of us had checked multiple times within the missing day for an event stand as well as the hidden items and harvest drops without success, so the event was not running during the time the countdown had already commenced, according to the hover timer. 

No matter how you look at it the countdown time is wrong, and if the event uses the hover timer as the final measure then we have less than 6 days to find 6 days worth of items. Exactly how far it's off I can't tell you unless I can catch the "Day ? of ?" as it changes, which may be impossible since I most likely will not be staring at the event stand timer when it happens.

As you suggested, I have been playing this game for a long time, YEARS in fact, and there have been many glitches that appeared with new upgrades to the game, which can be understood in some cases. I wasn't able to fully participate in the Easter event so I can't comment on that one, but from what I see in other comments this may be a leftover problem from that one that was never fixed, whether GG tried to or not. There have also been times when problems affected some players and not others - I have been on both ends of those at one time or another; I would have chalked this up to be one of those times had the two timers on the same event screen not been out of sync with each other, which I just proved they are.

All I and others are looking for is for GG to look into the problem and extend the event countdown clock to correct for the loss of time during which the event was not accessible by players, so as to at least coincide with the "Day of" message displayed.

Update:
    [I attached my screen shot taken seconds after the event and other game items reset.]
    I watched as the event "Day of" reset to day 5. According to the countdown timer it switched with 5 days: 10 hours: 58 minutes left...does that make any kind of sense? It should have switched with 5 days: 23 hours: 59 minutes: 59 seconds left, but it didn't. According to these numbers we have a deficit of at least 13 hours, which is more than half a day. In most of the US that places the last 11 hours (the only time available during "day 10") during the overnight hours when a good portion of the population is sleeping or getting started at work. I know that somewhere in the world there are always people sleeping or working when an event is to finish, but to "steal" half a day's time from them which RESULTS in that time frame is wrong. Not only does that almost eliminate finding the last batch of hidden eggs, it also takes that time away from finding the 11,000 cookbook pages as drops, which is already a struggle for those that can't play 12+ hours a day. My time at the reset was 11pm Central Daylight Time (US), so that is when the event is supposed to end on Friday, October 2nd, but instead it will end around 10am that day. I also know that this event did not start in my game at 11pm this past Tuesday which would be suggested by that "day of" number, nor did it start at 10am which is suggested by the countdown timer; it started on Wednesday between late morning and early afternoon (which is confirmed by others' comments), meaning that BOTH timers are wrong based on my game logins, but at least the "day of" is the closer of the two numbers.

If GG wants to say that the countdown timer is correct, then they had better look into why the event was not available to all the players at the time it started and why the day message doesn't coincide with it. If they want to say the day message is correct, then they still had better look into the availability of the event and the timer discrepancy. In either case they should extend event time for all players to allow the correct amount of time (10 full days) to play and complete the event. If they can't tell the correct time by their internal records then by all means use my data and let the event end around noon on Saturday, October 3rd. It may just be a game, but at least make it a fair game.

Post edited by FarmerBlack (US1) on
Sign In to comment.