Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sep 15th - Tricky Asia - Discussion

Comments

• lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    Latten......When is the update coming?  I haven't seen it all night, been waiting.  About 1:38PM GGS time now.
    I was just about to ask the same question !
  • Latten......When is the update coming?  I haven't seen it all night, been waiting.  About 1:38PM GGS time now.
    I was just about to ask the same question !
    I think we are a little bit waiting for the update. @Latten

The French forum mentioned 12.30-13.30 french time, but about 10 minutes ago the CM posted that it will soon go live. 

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/fr/discussion/107025/mise-a-jour-du-15-09-nouveaux-niveaux-de-difficulte
  • NafaruNafaru Posts: 3,047
    We just finished the update on some smaller servers. If everything goes as planned, we can start the update on all other servers within the hour. :)
  • GGS do it again... posting an announcements about a new update only 1 day before the update will take place. :(
    - And yesterday I was not home the hole day, and when I come home I was very tired, so even that I then noticed the new announcements, I simply feel me to tired to begin translate it into danish for non-english speaking danish players (sorry danish friends, but I'll try find time for doing it today).

Dear GGS... Maybe you don't know it, but you have many non-english-speaking players.... and you are not posting your announcements in all language.. (whitout knowing about it, I guess you also post announcements in a few other language for other forum like e.g. Germany and french?)

I know on the nl server both Larino and Jiesta (and maybe sometimes also other on that server) doing a good job translating announcements for their friends. :smile: 
    On the skn server Dara ofen translate announcements into the Finnish language (and I think also one or to other plyaers sometimes doing that) :)
    But for danish players, I'm alone doing the translate into danish (and I hope also non-english speaking Norwegian and Swedish players also understands enough Danish to have the benefit of my danish translations. :smile: )

If this announcements have been postet friday 11 septemper, all us who translate announcements into other language, could have the weekend to doing the translate.
    Please try think about this in the future when you announcing new updates.

Brian and Everyone,  If you go to www.translate.google.com  or search for google translate  it will translate things for you. All you have to do it copy the item you want translated and paste it on the left side and then tell the right side what language you want it translated into. Danish, Norwegian, Swedish Finnish, German, and many other languages are included.  Then just copy the translation and paste it where you need it. You can even type something in there and translate it to another language, or paste something there and it will detect what language it is in. I know sometimes, some terminology gets lost in translation, but it is easy to edit it then. Might inform others in case you are not available sometime or proofread and edit the translation if needed.  May save you some time. 

I don't know what the home page in the EN Forum is showing languages other than English, I don't read German, but using Google Translate, I can figure it out until they get the language bugs worked out.  Was kind of strange when the link to the Birthday picnic went to the de forum

Hope that helps

-------------------------

I wish they would add something in the black on top showing which forum we are in, cuz when it suddenly changes because of a link, it's easy to get lost.  Also would be nice to have it just drop with choices of other forums to change forums too.

--------------------------

Latten, Please, are they going to number the posts? I really need it for reference, I come down to quote a message and then have a hard time finding the one to go back to, with a number, and a return to the post button, it would be so much easier too.  Thank You

Google translate doesn't always work properly. I translated your text to dutch with translate and I would stil have to retype it complete to make it a proper dutch tekst.
  • Feedback

I am thinking that you guys have state of the art computers. Maybe you should buy a set of laptops, desktops, etc. that most of us use for the game and do your testing on real life computers. Also, advice on what is needed in/on our computers to play the game should be posted clearly somewhere.  For example, with the medical videos that do not work, I see urls flying by talking about java which I do not have.  Could that be an issue with the videos??  I have been told repeatedly Not to add java to my computer, and will not.

Just brainstorming while I wait for the fixes promised for hours ago.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    I could be mistaken, but I couldnt choose my level, shouldnt that be possible?
  • NL1 is back and asia started.

BUT: not with starting cherries anymore, but starting apples (6 times on level 3) Collecting dung (from silo, 70 bags) is stil the same
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    Sorry, using google translate from English to Danish is not that easy.

The translated sentences often makes no sense, you have to make a manuel translation.
  • I could be mistaken, but I couldnt choose my level, shouldnt that be possible?
    same thing with me. the thing just started at medium? level (3 fans).  I was gearing up to tackle a higher level. :(
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Will I have do each of the six levels on the Asia event?  Or after Level 3, can I choose between 4,5, and 6?
  • I could be mistaken, but I couldnt choose my level, shouldnt that be possible?
    same thing with me. the thing just started at medium? level (3 fans).  I was gearing up to tackle a higher level. :(
    It is new, with a new deco (and new tasks) then you have to complete level 3 again before you wil be able to choose again.
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 15.09.2015
    Well,I am really frustrated.  They did something a little while ago, but videos not fixed, game taking forever to load graphics, etc.  so I do not know if other things were done.  I closed out, cleaned cleared and restarted computer.  Cannot get rid of Multiple Sclerosis video, GRRRR

Since it seems my biggest problem with the videos is the medical ones, like the MS survey, I am going to contact that outfit, but the game should have some way of letting me get out of the loop they cause when  that is the only video that comes up. 

Have about had it with this.

• Ok, 1200 diesel but no new horse season...they were going to restart it right?
  • Hi, I was unable to pick level difficulty in the event it picked it for me, I always play highest difficulty is this a new system or is this a bug, thanks :smile: 
    It is new, with a new deco (and new tasks) then you have to complete level 3 again before you wil be able to choose again.
    Oh.. got it.  Thanks for quick clarification :smiley: 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 15.09.2015
    Misty........In the past, Level 3 unlocked level 4.  So you would have to do level 3 if you are used to picking, which is my scenario as well.  What happens after level 3 is uncertain, since there are now two additional levels.
  • u can translate in google translator sentence by sentence..don't translate whole paragraph at same time.. max time it converts correctly...
  • GGS do it again... posting an announcements about a new update only 1 day before the update will take place. :(
    - And yesterday I was not home the hole day, and when I come home I was very tired, so even that I then noticed the new announcements, I simply feel me to tired to begin translate it into danish for non-english speaking danish players (sorry danish friends, but I'll try find time for doing it today).

Dear GGS... Maybe you don't know it, but you have many non-english-speaking players.... and you are not posting your announcements in all language.. (whitout knowing about it, I guess you also post announcements in a few other language for other forum like e.g. Germany and french?)

I know on the nl server both Larino and Jiesta (and maybe sometimes also other on that server) doing a good job translating announcements for their friends. :smile: 
    On the skn server Dara ofen translate announcements into the Finnish language (and I think also one or to other plyaers sometimes doing that) :)
    But for danish players, I'm alone doing the translate into danish (and I hope also non-english speaking Norwegian and Swedish players also understands enough Danish to have the benefit of my danish translations. :smile: )

If this announcements have been postet friday 11 septemper, all us who translate announcements into other language, could have the weekend to doing the translate.
    Please try think about this in the future when you announcing new updates.

Brian and Everyone,  If you go to www.translate.google.com  or search for google translate  it will translate things for you. All you have to do it copy the item you want translated and paste it on the left side and then tell the right side what language you want it translated into. Danish, Norwegian, Swedish Finnish, German, and many other languages are included.  Then just copy the translation and paste it where you need it. You can even type something in there and translate it to another language, or paste something there and it will detect what language it is in. I know sometimes, some terminology gets lost in translation, but it is easy to edit it then. Might inform others in case you are not available sometime or proofread and edit the translation if needed.  May save you some time. 

I don't know what the home page in the EN Forum is showing languages other than English, I don't read German, but using Google Translate, I can figure it out until they get the language bugs worked out.  Was kind of strange when the link to the Birthday picnic went to the de forum

Hope that helps

Google translate doesn't always work properly. I translated your text to dutch with translate and I would stil have to retype it complete to make it a proper dutch tekst.
    I know Google translate...
    And I'm sorry to say it Craftycritters, but like Wilma say, very ofen google translate not do a good translation. :(
    Most of google's tranlation into danish are full of gramatic errors, and what is worser is there are many words Google can't translate into danish, and also ofen google translate so much wrong, that the correct  understanding going lost.
  • even u can try BING to translate... it is also a good translator
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    guess its like all other events when we get a new deco, all have to start at level 3 deco
  • bablou1 (NL1)bablou1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 82
    even u can try BING to translate... it is also a good translator
    No computer generated translation will ever triumph a manual one made by a person understanding the two languages very well. Not even an computer generated translation then edited by a person will triumph that. 
    It even gives the one translating even more work to figure out what in godsend was originally meant in the original translation. No its far easier to write a translation on your own. And only use a translator if you maybe come across a word you don't know. 
  • even u can try BING to translate... it is also a good translator
    LOL :smiley: 
    Nope at least not for tranlate other language into danish.. - Even google is a long way from being perfect to that, Google translate is much better to translate other language into danish than bing translate.
  • Alisha27 (INT1)Alisha27 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 102
    i dint get the 3rd level tea garden...i was waitin for it....is it still possible to get it?
  • i dint get the 3rd level tea garden...i was waitin for it....is it still possible to get it?
    Yes, the old deco sets are still going to be available, so we will have 2 versions of each event. I don`t know if they will alternate or maybe 2 new ones then an old one, but you should get the chance to get all the decos. :)
  • :)  update

1) get redirected to the german forum   with the message site nicht gefunden

-> great semthing that worked doesn't anymore

2) no videos

3) nice decos

4) still have post problems on this forum. I can't select the textbox in 9/10 page loads

• Many in co-op started at the expected  lvl 3 but not everyone is getting the same requirements for the first step.   Some have start apples 6 times and some have start 5 times.  Same prize, same happiness value.  Level of player doesn't matter lvl 158 got 5 and lower lvls got 6
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Many in co-op started at the expected  lvl 3 but not everyone is getting the same requirements for the first step.   Some have start apples 6 times and some have start 5 times.  Same prize, same happiness value.  Level of player doesn't matter lvl 158 got 5 and lower lvls got 6
    And you forgot to mention: for different rewards, too!

I heard f.i.:
    60 XP + 3 rice
    50 or 60 premium chickenfeed + 3 rice
    6 rice + 2 tokens
    6 rice + 50 XP
    etc, etc....

Well, at least this keeps things exciting, right?  :)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 15.09.2015
    To update deco events with new decos and two higher levels is a great idea. Would be even greater if everything worked as it should. :)

What is not so great is this crazy rush. The game is just getting more and more messy. You need to slow down sometimes and sweep your back yard. Or one day you might find yourself up your neck in the pile of horse poo if you never clean your stables. :)

For the moment consider me a bit anoyed with ever increasing enthropy, chaos and unpredictability of this game, contemplating a bit of game holiday, if not departure towards some peacefull kingdom where kings still know how to lead the farming nation. :)
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • I'm not currently having any issues with the videos and I look forward to them every morning. The prizes are really good. Worth the small amount of time it takes to watch and collect.
  • There seems to be a problem with the Asian event.

For step 3 some players need to collect 1,960 cabbage (a player level 120 in our co-op wrote it in the chat a few hours ago), but I just finished step 2 and my step 3 asks for 3,800 cabbage. I'm level 139, so it is not a big difference in levels, but a huge difference in the requirements. 

Any comments/explanation, GGS ?
Sign In to comment.