Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

This is a farm knot a freak show

2»

Comments

• NegunuUser (GB1)NegunuUser (GB1) Posts: 10
    edited 31.08.2015
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    Get over it Jess it was a generalized statement about all farms in general, which i explained I fell into.I stated the remedy which i plan on taking. I never stated that GGS needs to remove anything. Get your facts straight.

every forum seems to have people who take offence easily or can't join in without being argumentative. Think it's a mindset - if you're looking to be offended or upset you will be! The point of all threads is discussion, differing opinions etc. Shame some get 'uppity'.

From the beginning I have stuck to the most 'natural' looking decor, but have ended up with some garish ones just because of the happiness levels needed to not go into negative production costs. A tree in the right place blocks out some of the red that I don't like. Agree that there should be more choice for those who prefer natural looking decor, ones with higher happiness levels.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 31.08.2015
    We will always add more deco, and a big part will always be farm related, for example the boxes you can get from George's collection event. Of course there will be more (and, of course, there will also be more not-so-farm-related ones with other new events) :)
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 31.08.2015
    It would be nice if we could have a 'deco park' outside the farm where we can put deco's we like but arent really farm related. I would prefer to have more farm friendly deco's on mine, but that is how I play and not everyone is the same - thank goodness, or there would be identical farms everywhere :S . We could place them in the 'deco park' for a reduced happiness rating.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 31.08.2015
    Something like that i'd like too.But i don't see where, there is so much stuff around farm now.

I have all decos i like, but are not farm related, in my flower farm, like bunnyhole. In main farm most of decos are trees. And gourmet farm only one deco is not farm related (candy machine, or what is it)

All decos i don't need or want will "go to Greta", and most of dollars too
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 31.08.2015
    bdreish wrote: »
    It would be nice if we could have a 'deco park' outside the farm where we can put deco's we like but arent really farm related. I would prefer to have more farm friendly deco's on mine, but that is how I play and not everyone is the same - thank goodness, or there would be identical farms everywhere :S . We could place them in the 'deco park' for a reduced happiness rating.

Yep - exactly. I have chosen the most farm-related decos too - because all 3 my farms are build up very realistic. Created a sort of "beach" in a corner of my Flower-farm (with waterfalls & lakes) so that the much beloved Viking Ships can be anchored there, without looking ridiculous. Build there some sandcastles/palaces too for the same reason. The 2 other farms are just being very realistic farms.
    Except for those Viking ships/sandcastles there will be no non-farm-related decos on my farms!! You will understand that I am Gretta's biggest fan! ^^
    Dara15 wrote: »
    Something like that i'd like too.But i don't see where, there is so much stuff around farm now.

I have all decos i like, but are not farm related, in my flower farm, like bunnyhole. In main farm most of decos are trees. And gourmet farm only one deco is not farm related (candy machine, or what is it)

All decos i don't need or want will "go to Greta", and most of dollars too

Indeed a nice idea, but I agree with Dara: there seems to be no room anymore. And that's what the deco tower is for. I try to get all the decos to fill the tower (except for some that you can only buy for gold, bummer! :S - but still hope that I will win these in some event or so).

Of course, everybody should be free in how he/she wants to build his/her farms!
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 31.08.2015
    bdreish wrote: »

I suggested this long ago and the thread just got argued with and died. My thought, it could be like the island, temporary. Or a side farm like gourmet or flower. But JUSt a place to put your extra decos and have them up for sale. Heck even part of the new market might work for this. Computer generated visitors might stop by, offer X amount for a deco, and if you want to sell it you can. Be nothing wrong with this. Sort of a garden center. Perhaps one could even sell extra compost or flowers or what not. Again this would fit well with the market. Just tack on a small plot of space we would have to buy and place our decos up for sale.

As for the farm decor, well if you don't have a full production type farm, maybe just a small garden, any decos might fit. My farms all look like that. i LIKE all the deco stuff. To the expense of not having great production. But my happiness is as close to 100% as I can get it. But it's getting nuts. I have way more decor than I can ever use. and yes I use that guy to dismantle some of it on occasion. Sorry GG but he's just not much fun.
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 02.09.2015
    Cookiie4me wrote: »
    I made 3 themes for my farms since we have such strange decos. My flower farm is very unreal; all pink houses and the cartoonish decos from the bunnies to the snowglobes. My gourmet farm has all beach/water related decos. And my Main farm is controlled by the aliens; all decos are normal looking (boxes, water pumps, campgrounds) except for the spheres. See the aliens will come, but until then, they want everyone fooled by simple decos.

I need a life .... lololol

I did the same, Cookiie4me and even have similar themes. I tried to take the mess of motley decos and create a little worker's paradise.

Main Farm - hidden Zen structures a midst tranquil, alpine forests, waterfalls & campers
    Gourmet Farm - tropical beach & waterfronts
    Flower Farm - wild, crazy colors preferred by the alien, sentient bunnies who've taken over & converted the fairy tale towers into high-rise, bunny condos

The varied assortment of decos allows me the freedom to be creative with my farms, which I love. With the arrival of Greta, I can now keep a low valued deco that fills a creative niche & upgrade it's happiness. Then, there are the decos that I place on my farms during specific seasons, like Halloween or Christmas.

Otherwise, yeah, without a little creative effort, our farms do start to look like a hillbilly hoarder who's won the lotto jackpot... ;)

BTW, saw one farm where a dragon was being hunted by 3 Viking ships & on his GF, it was the ship being chased by a mob of angry dragons! Hilarious!
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 02.09.2015
    Your farms look fabulous Raven! I especially love the main farm. And you have the natural spring, I'm jealous!! :p

The foodfarm was a bit too busy to my eyes, but I really liked the look of all your farms. Main reminded me a bit of Herbs' farm, he also has a pretty natural theme. (Don't look now, we both have extra orchards for the applesauce project :) So it's a bit of a mess)

On my flowerfarm I built a part where it's all tropical, with sandcastles, the hammock and more fun stuff. I am still in the process of changing my houses there to tropical too. I would love to do a similar thing on food, but I find the candy-houses too pink (if only we could have those utterly cute trailers!) and although I adore the vikinghouses, I don't want winterthemes permanently on my farm.

I also love the themed decorations for Easter and Halloween. I will definitely take out my Halloween decorations come autumn again. I do HOPE (GGS, are you listening?) that this Christmas we will get buyable decorations alongside the christmas tree we can earn.
    The only holiday-themed decorations I haven't put back in the attic yet are the cherry tree and bunny bungalow. I put them on my foodfarm, together with 2 veggiepatches and I still just adore that corner, with those colours :)

I firmly hate the spheres from the UFO event. I just think they're ugly. I try to hide them behind other things, or feed them to Greta's shredder :)
  • Cookiie4meCookiie4me Posts: 655
    edited 02.09.2015
    Raven683 wrote: »
    Flower Farm - wild, crazy colors preferred by the alien, sentient bunnies who've taken over & converted the fairy tale towers into high-rise, bunny condos

Oh I laughed outloud when I read this -- thanks --- got to go get me some bunny condos now!!! :)
  • geeeez i not even posted anything and forum war has started again
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841

this thread was started to point out some of the absurdity that I have noticed in different farms. I am not complaining just making an observation 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file