Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Comments

• i have a problem..when i sell things from the island  it does not give me any island cash..tryed selling more and checked other cash and nothing there either i will never get ahead   might as well the island completely ignore the island completely   just costs may other dollars and get no shells
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 11.09.2015
    Kimmiecat
    I too get those double language messages and I also get that  " ? unanswered"  notice too and I have no idea what that is about as that is also in a foreign language.  Does anyone know how to delete that??

Sorry for the double pic-- I tried to add pic as per help tips by RunWithScissors  and now have two of the same so i will have to try this again.
    Can anyone tell me what I did wrong  and how to correct!!!

Hi Roadrunner, I removed your extra image, we are still investigating why they are appearing | Wabbit

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    i have a problem..when i sell things from the island  it does not give me any island cash..tryed selling more and checked other cash and nothing there either i will never get ahead   might as well the island completely ignore the island completely   just costs may other dollars and get no shells

You don't get cash from selling items on the temp farms. You will get the other currency for that particular farm (for example, shells for the Island Farm, Runestones for the Viking farms, & Vouchers for the Candy Farm) which you can use to buy seeds for the greenhouse, decos, & special houses from the trader for each temp farm.

Sorry for the double pic-- I tried to add pic as per help tips by RunWithScissors  and now have two of the same so i will have to try this again.

If you're trying to change you signature pic, go to your profile (click on your name/avatar), click on preferences, then click on signature settings (on the right). You can click on image to add an image from your computer then add text above or below the image (if you want text) or you can right click the image, click copy or copy location, then right click on the signature box & select paste (your image should appear). Also, you can click and highlight everything in your signature box ( image and/or text) and click the button "Align center". You're signature will be centered rather than off to the left if you prefer it that way.

There are probably other, better ways to do all that but I'm just sharing what I know at this time. Hopefully, its not too confusing.

• Well I'm finally in again :)

Fingers crossed, that I'm not "locked out" again :)

• Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 11.09.2015
    You did nothing wrong, @roadrunnernm (US1). One of the pictures has actually been added to your post and the other is an enclosed thumbnail of that same picture. If you had written another story under the picture you added, the thumbnail would have been all the way at the bottom. I don't know why the forums do that, but they seem to do that with every picture anybody adds to a thread. 

This picture has only been added to this particular post you made, btw. If you want it as your signature, read Jess_D's comment above.

About the "? unanswered" category, we can ask questions on the forums, for which we should select a best answer. You start a new thread and can then choose whether it will be a question or a regular thread post. As of now, we get those question threads from all the forums in our unanswered inbox. I simply answer them all through Google Translate and hope they pick an answer so the thread disappears. Once an answer has been selected it will be gone from both the inbox and the new thread count on the tab. In the future we should be getting only those questions that were asked in our (English) forums and not from the other forums any more.
  • My post account was fine Late Monday night PDT west US, now I'm down to 7 posts, since then It should be 219?????
  • NafaruNafaru Posts: 3,047
    edited 11.09.2015
    My post account was fine Late Monday night PDT west US, now I'm down to 7 posts, since then It should be 219?????

Please log in again shortly, I will fix your account now (2nd account deleted, your old account is connected to your e-mail address again). 
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 11.09.2015
    Thank you Steffi :)   Much better now.
  • why is the language changed tot German suddenly?
    I have chosen several times for english, but it goes back to German every time.
    ????

• Does anyone know how you can accept requist of people wanting to be in your group?
    I made a group, and it shows that 5 peoplke want in but I dont see anywhere to add them?

Ok I had the brilliant idea that there may be buttons to approve or deny but that they are hidden behind the writing on the right of the picture above. So I deleted those from the page and I got the picture below and could approve them.
    Seems there has to be done a little tweaking on that. 

I do not have this anywhere....but I do have 3 invites to my own co-op now...hehe.... I think we have a bug  somewhere...somebody catch it before it multiplies !

*_*.........me.. standing on the chair ..waiting

• bablou1 (NL1)bablou1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 82

I do not have this anywhere....but I do have 3 invites to my own co-op now...hehe.... I think we have a bug  somewhere...somebody catch it before it multiplies !

*_*.........me.. standing on the chair ..waiting

Have you been at your group page? I have it on the group page, and the buttons now show up behind too.

• TY jess and Larino!!  and TY WascallyWabbit!!!
    as it is late here for me now and am too tired from working all day to try to do the suggestions tonight but I will definitely try tomorrow when I am bright and ready for my day of farming!!!

As always you guys are great and so generous with your help!!

p.s.-- notice how I did NOT try to include pic this time!!  ROFL!!!

• Sorry for the double pic-- I tried to add pic as per help tips by RunWithScissors  and now have two of the same so i will have to try this again.

Hi Roadrunner, I removed your extra image, we are still investigating why they are appearing | Wabbit

A couple of people have asked about the double images & the random images appearing on old posts. The cause is still being looked into, so hopefully it won`t always be happening. However, you can delete the 2nd image, without even opening edit on your post, by hovering your cursor over it & using "delete" on the bottom left corner. So far we have not seen this have any negative effect on the image in the post.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I'm finally inside - and can now finally, for the very first time use the forum in the right way. All the gears, check marks and asterisks are in place and this terrible, huge black bar across my screen has disappeared.
    This lay-out indeed looks much nicer and workable than the crooked one (although I still loved the old forum better)!

*happy dance* !!!  :)

Still have to figure out a lot and thus have many, many questions. You all have a big advantage over me - but I finally can at least try to catch up now...
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Thanks for the tip Wabbit! I tried that on one of my post & it worked. :)
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 13.09.2015
    Can anyone explain WHY they had to change the forums in the first place?   They worked fine. Now they don't.   How is this better?

WHY do I have to log in each and every time?   I don't even get the option to add this to my keychain.  Can't you set a cookie to "remember me?"   Didn't have to do this before.

And I'm sorry but a cog wheel is NOT the icon to edit texts anywhere, on any forum board I ever used.  IT's for settings like sound, image quality, and so on.   EDIT POSTS is almost always a pencil icon.  (better still, use the word EDIT.  And yes I realize people speak many languages.  Surely you have this set to your language. That would would change as well would it not?)  And if this is the reason to use pictures, ok.  Again, A PENCIL means EDIT TEXT.    A GEAR means SETTINGS pertaining to function.  Not the same.  How could they get that one so wrong?

The hour limit for editing is really stupid.   
    Case in point.
    I start a thread, ask a question,  and say six pages later someone posts the answer.
    It would be nice if I could edit my original post and say this has been answered, see page xxx.
    But I can't.   Not an "improvement."

Seems a whole lot of though was put into adding a jillion stupid smily icons though.  If only someone actually did something helpful here.   Those are not. Just a waste of space.  I don't come here to see cutsie.  I come here only when I have a question I need to find.    Like why the horse thing was cut short.  Pages of that in technical trouble and no answers at all.  
     (Insert a smily face you would not find here. Lets just say not smiling.)

Edited to add....  right as I went to close this, I saw a notice at the top of the screen. Seems I have two badges.
    Ok, what the HELL are badges for?????   More cutsie?    Do they serve ANY function what so ever?  Do I care who else might have the same stupid cutsie doo dad?   Gees people go work on actually FIXING the many assorted bugs with this forum and game and stop with the meaningless cutsie nonsense.

BTW.  I will NOT be looking up there again.   
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 13.09.2015
    @Artmaker
    Can anyone explain WHY they had to change the forums in the first place?   They worked fine. Now they don't.   How is this better?
    Since I don't work for GGS I cant tell for sure but could it have something to do with the security issues on the old forum?
    Could also be that they simply wanted a change. After all, a lot of companies change things around from time to time...

As for things not working properly on the new forums, I totally agree. But then again, quite a few things didn't work on the old forums either! Image uploads being the main things for most, I think.. So I'll just try to keep my pulse down while I wait for things to be fixed :)

WHY do I have to log in each and every time?   I don't even get the option to add this to my keychain.  Can't you set a cookie to "remember me?"   Didn't have to do this before.

I DO NOT have to log in every time I visit this place. But only a few days ago there were major problems with logging in but for most it seems to have been fixed. I use Firefox as the default browser on my pc so I really can't tell how well the forums work on other browsers or on a mac but I suggest you try out a few few things on your end before you assume it's an issue every user has..

The hour limit for editing is really stupid.   
    Case in point.
    I start a thread, ask a question,  and say six pages later someone posts the answer.
    It would be nice if I could edit my original post and say this has been answered, see page xxx.
    But I can't.   Not an "improvement."
    I do not have an hour limit on editing my posts. I do agree it's a bit tricky to find but the cogwheel is actually to the right side of the thread's topic. As in the headline.

Ok, what the HELL are badges for?????
    Well, some people like to hunt achievements. You might not and that's perfectly fine. I, and many others, visit the forums not just to ask questions. We also come here to help others, to play games, to meet new people, to give our opinions. just to mention a few things. And to us badges do add more fun to our visits here!

As for the rant about symbols used on the forums:
    Keep an open mind and an open heart. It doesn't take very long to learn how this forum works if you calm down, click around, try a few things and maybe ask for help (politely). And it will probably feel better than getting angry!

edited 13.09.2015
    @Artmaker, the edit limit has been removed, like, a week ago. Or longer : )
  • This new forum will take some getting used to and we will get through it  and carry on as always.
    Some of the extraneous stuff i just have to ignore as i can not do the fancy computer stuff-- too computer illiterate for that stuff-- but i try to learn as I go along to do what i can do!
    As for the log in every time-- yes I too have to do that to--- once in I just keep the tab open if i haven't read all I want to read then log out and close it when done.
    And if i get into a foreign language forum I just  log out- close the tab  and try again.  just curious....  Why DOES that happen??
    As long as the Official Announcements keep coming, so I can keep the Co-Op informed, I am happy.
    If i can find a response to my questions or a member's question, then I am happy
    It isn't worth getting upset about things you have no control over-- I am sure any issues will be addressed.
    Here's hoping everyone has a better day!!
    edited 13.09.2015
    Roadrunner, all forums have been connected now. That means that all the doors to any other language forum are open. And when a door is open, it is easy to slip through it and change rooms. GGS have not found a way to block that from happening yet, so we can move around as much as we like or the forum itself likes for now.

P.S. I am trying to figure out how this mention thing with the @ works, but it only rarely works for me and I just cannot find the correct mentions that point to the correct profiles... *sigh* The list that appears when you type @ does not really work! Suppose it has to do with all the different profiles and set ups.
  • Come on Artmaker, say what ya really think hehe

Mina0o & Larino already said most of what I was gonna say...Which saves me a whole bunch of typing, yay!! I would add though that I can`t imagine GGS would change all the forums, for all the languages of all their games, if they did not have a REALLY good reason to do so, that is a hell of a lot of work, if they just felt like a change. I agree its not perfect yet, but we have been promised that we will love it when they have it all working right & added more cool stuff, so I can wait n see what happens... Its kinda growing on me tbh & the private message system is a bazillion times better.

As for dissing the smileys, I haven`t noticed any real increase, I still only use a few 100 a day. But I do agree about the edit button. Cogs are usually settings or tools, I guess different users have more tools, so its probably not just an edit button, but as us regular members only have the edit function, it would make much more sense to have a button called EDIT that people could easily see. There is a sticky for suggestions of things you would like to see added, that would be a good one.

• TY Larino!!! I don't mind getting into a different forum but I cant understand it unless i do Google Translate or its in Italian!! even then I have to stop and think about it!!!  rofl!!
    It isn't easy getting old-- er!!!!  you young-ins  are so savvy and knowledgeable-- thank god!! 

trying to do the pic thing again!
  • sim533 (NL1)sim533 (NL1) Posts: 86
    edited 13.09.2015
    P.S. I am trying to figure out how this mention thing with the @ works, but it only rarely works for me and I just cannot find the correct mentions that point to the correct profiles... *sigh* The list that appears when you type @ does not really work! Suppose it has to do with all the different profiles and set ups.
    Nafaru said:
    WascallyWabbit I have name dropped a few names but not got the badge,if I had I may also have got the combi badge to which @lthrrr helped me get 
    Namedropping currently only works with usernames that have no brackets. This is due to the fact that every other name includes a space that the mentioning function cannot handle (yet). 

So if you're going for the namedropper badge, mention @Latten or @Nafaru. It should work with both our names. 
  • @roadrunner if you end up on one of the foreign forums, just go to the URL in your address bar & change it back to /en (instead of /de or /it or wherever you have landed).

It minght be somewhere in the middle of the URL, but you should see a bit that says..../bigfarm/en then deletewhatever is after that & you will come to EN homepage.
  • Thank You RunsWivScissors!
    I will add this info to my HOW-TO list!!!  Cut and paste and Notepad-- salvation!!!
    edited 13.09.2015
    Nafaru said:
    WascallyWabbit I have name dropped a few names but not got the badge,if I had I may also have got the combi badge to which @lthrrr helped me get 
    Namedropping currently only works with usernames that have no brackets. This is due to the fact that every other name includes a space that the mentioning function cannot handle (yet). 

So if you're going for the namedropper badge, mention @Latten or @Nafaru. It should work with both our names. 
    *grumbles* so I managed to name drop Artmaker, it went to the correct profile, but I only managed after editing... Still no badge. Ah well, I'll try again later.

Edit: ey, somehow I got that badge after all. Hmm, okay : D Yay : P
    Post edited by Larino (INT1) on
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    @Artmaker, the edit limit has been removed, like, a week ago. Or longer : )
    It wasn't this morning, but seems to be now.   YEA!   (Two different computers, maybe that old one still has the page cached.  Might  not have cleared that recently.)  

Mina0o  ah the voice of reason and calm.   I needed that.  Thanks for taking so much time to answer me.    Cheers.
  • Edit: ey, somehow I got that badge after all. Hmm, okay : D Yay : P
    You would have got it for the @Latten that was in the quote on your post... Grats on your badge :)
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309

Mina0o  ah the voice of reason and calm.   I needed that.  Thanks for taking so much time to answer me.    Cheers.
      You're welcome :)
    Edit: ey, somehow I got that badge after all. Hmm, okay : D Yay : P
    You would have got it for the @Latten that was in the quote on your post... Grats on your badge :)
    So even a quote with a namedrop counts? I think that is a little silly, but yay anyway : P Thanks!
Sign In to comment.