Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Tips for the new forum

I'm still trying to learn my way around here but I have learned a little along the way so I thought I would share. :)

I was going to make this pretty and colorful but I don't know where the colors are yet so we'll just go with bold.

Are you getting a bunch of emails for notifications that you don't want? Follow these steps...

1. Click on your avatar at the top of the screen

2. Click on preferences

3. Uncheck any boxes that you do not want to receive an email or notification about.

Also, by clicking your avatar at the top of the screen you will be able to edit your avatar and signature.

If you want to post on the EN forum and US forum here are the links....

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/us/

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/

Groups....

You can create a private or public group.

If your group is private you can invite people to join or they can ask for permission to join. Everyone will be able to see your group but the discussions will only be seen by members of that group.

If your group is public you will be able to invite people to join or anyone can join your group. The discussions will be public (I think) for everyone to see.

This could be a great feature for co-ops to discuss co-op business or for a group of friends on the forum to hangout and talk about anything.

That is all I can think of right now. Please post any tips you have discovered or any questions and we'll figure it out. :)

Comments

• Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    There's a little gear in the top right corner of your post after you've posted.  You can click there to edit your post, looks like for 60 minutes.  Then you're SOL.  :)

-Y
  • Good bit of information jess,, thank you, i'll leave it a day or two before i fiddle, it'll be like GGS to reset it all tomorrow. Wonder with this format if we can use our own avatar/pictures
  • Gincopr (US1)Gincopr (US1) US1 Posts: 46
    edited 04.09.2015
    I am not receiving any e-mails :-(   Don't know why....  Love Larino's corner ...the tips have been so very helpful!!!  I have been playing since May 23,2015  

The only e-mails I seem to get is when I contact support... I check my inbox and spam folder daily..  I understand there was a welcome e-mail and now a birthday one that was sent... I didn't get either one...

my e-mail is removed.  My server is google chrome...

Edit by PINJO: removed e-mail, please don't use this personal information on forums
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Thanks for the help, jess! It looks like this new forum is gonna take some getting used to!
  • Gincopr (US1)Gincopr (US1) US1 Posts: 46
    Thank You  Farmer John!!!

Oops forgot it wasn't private message!!!

Thanks so much for editing my earlier post!!!
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Many thanks jes-d - you're a lifesaver right now!! ;)

But I still can't uncheck all boxes in "Preferences" as the checks simply are not there. I can't change/alter anything on that page, not my thumbnail, avatar, signature, etc. etc....

Will leave things for now, this is giving me a headache - hope to be fresh enough tomorrow morning to dig around this new forum some more :/
  • Jess_D- thanks for starting this thread and to you and everyone for posting tips about the new forum.
    I just sent a message to my coop that there is some tips in the works to help us with the new forum. Great job.
  • Yeah I managed to get a photo of myself up , i dont look too happy though. off to play big farm, had enough on here for today
  • So I just figured out something kinda useful, how to unbookmark your bookmarks. Simply go to your bookmarks, and for each thread you will see a star at the far right hand side. Click the start to unbookmark that bookmark.

Hope the info helps!

~Space~
  • On behalf of Jiesta I place this post (in two threads):

LS,
    I am sorry to tell you that – whatever I try – I dont have access to this new forum anymore. I could access yesterday, but encountered a lot of problems.
    And today I am completely banned it seems.

When I try to get in via the ingame button, it asks for a password which I dont have (the password for playing the BF game wont be accepted) so not accessible. When trying to get into the forum via the numerous GGS mails that overflows my regular mailbox, I can read the threads/posts,

but cant do anything (cant alter Preferences, Notifications isnt clickable, cant write/edit posts, cant access my inbox anymore, the icons/gears are missing in black and green bars, etc. etc.). It says everywhere I first have to sign in  and then the whole cycle starts again: it asks for my non-existing password, etc.

Have contacted Support – lets wait and see. But until then I wont be found on the forum, to my miserable regret.

regards, Jiesta

• Ellen I had that same issue last night but today was fine.  2 other people in my coop have complained about it happening to them also.  Tell her to keep trying, maybe try rebooting computer not sure if it made a difference but I turn off at night and it worked today.
  • TY for that info Space!!  I was able to get rid of stuff from 2014!!  Went from 123 bookmarks to 3!!!!
    All info concerning how to navigate this site is welcome!!
    This may sound crazy, but I have not been able to get on the forum for several days - so much to catch up ... and can't find anything. Sorry!

..... but could anyone tell me how to put a link in a post? THX!
  • This may sound crazy, but I have not been able to get on the forum for several days - so much to catch up ... and can't find anything. Sorry!

See the little dinky thing that looks like a pair of handcuffs? You can highlight a section of text, then click that & paste the URL in there & the text will be the link. Or just paste a link instead of using text. :)
    This may sound crazy, but I have not been able to get on the forum for several days - so much to catch up ... and can't find anything. Sorry!

See the little dinky thing that looks like a pair of handcuffs? You can highlight a section of text, then click that & paste the URL in there & the text will be the link. Or just paste a link instead of using text. :)

Got it - THX Scissors - You certainly earned your bouquet of flowers for today!!
    Since I can't edit my posts, I have to be prudent trying out things ... ;)
  • This may sound crazy, but I have not been able to get on the forum for several days - so much to catch up ... and can't find anything. Sorry!

Where would you find the 'handcuffs' please. Scissors.  I still dont have a 'New thread' option either.

Where would you find the 'handcuffs' please. Scissors.  I still dont have a 'New thread' option either.
    It's the chain symbol button. :)

Across the top of the box when you are creating or editing a post there is a row of symbols in the middle area there is a smiley face for emoji then 3 links of chain that is the URL one.  The other option is to go to the last symbol at the right that looks like this </> which is toggle HTML view and then you can paste a URL or other info you wish to add.  Hope this helps
  • edited 08.09.2015
    Ah, thank you - found it :)

Could I ask another question.  How do you reference someones name - for example how do I get @monica1230 into green text?  Oh, looks as if I have done it lol :blush: 
  • Handcuffs for bdreish err, me! 
    photo Handcuffs_zps3grw7scspng
    New thread buttons for bdreish instead!.....
    photo New Thread Buttons_zpsut9tpx3ipng

Edit cog for Jiesta.....
    photo Edit Cog_zpsrtv5ufylpng

Profile links for Jiesta to use instead of icons on black bar......
    photo Options_zpswa5yguutpng

• Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    Okay, not sure if this is the right thread but seeing as this new forum is confusing me to a degree of insanity I'll ask anyway:
    How do I see which threads are read? I mean, it all looks the same to me! I mean, on the old forums a thread with new posts would have it's title in bold. I know I can go and look in "Recent Discussions" but I still can't tell where I've already been.. *breathing heavily*

I'm just confused!
    (And a bit frustrated since I keep reading the same threads over and over...)
  • Okay, not sure if this is the right thread but seeing as this new forum is confusing me to a degree of insanity I'll ask anyway:
    How do I see which threads are read? I mean, it all looks the same to me! I mean, on the old forums a thread with new posts would have it's title in bold. I know I can go and look in "Recent Discussions" but I still can't tell where I've already been.. *breathing heavily*

I'm just confused!
    (And a bit frustrated since I keep reading the same threads over and over...)
    Its not ideal at the moment, but best way I have found is to click the "Mark All Viewed" tab, so that all the old forum is marked as read & then if you use the "Discussions" tab or the "Recent Discussions" button (the both go to same place) everything that is new on the forum will be there marked with orange boxes on them.  If you click the thread it should open on the 1st new post, however if like me you right click & open in a new tab it doesn`t do that, so its a bit of faffing about to get to last post, but hopefully it will be improved. :)

@Jiesta, that reminds me, those orange boxes are not clickable for any of us.
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    Thanks, Scissors! :) Hopefully I'll get my sanity back as the forums slowly improves...

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 14.09.2015
    You can do a couple more things with text, such as change size or underline
    by clicking the last icon (up dere ^^^) & entering the HTML manually.

To underline it is: <u>text here</u>

Change size to small is: <span class="post-font-size-x-small">text here</span>

Change size to large is: <span class="post-font-size-x-large">text here</span>

EDIT: For colours & fonts see my next post:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/2591472/#Comment_2591472

Post edited by RunsWivScissors (GB1) on
    Wow! Lot's of good info here which I only see now ..... Was still trying to catch up reading, after a huge backlog!

Thanks guys for all this info and anothe
    r bouquet of flowers for Scissors again! 
  • OK colors & fonts, these do work, but they are slightly more awkward than the underlining & the sizes. Again you need to switch to code view with the </> icon & use the tags shown below, obviously replacing the color or font name with the one you want. However, if you switch back to regular view, to check it, not only will it not show, but it will also delete the code you just added. So after you add your tags, you need to click "Post Comment" while still in that view & taa daa preeety colors & fonts. If you have to go back into edit, your code will all be gone, so this tip is for those desperate for some color & not something easy to use. Hopefully GGS will add all these functions soon & it will be easy again for everyone. :)

To change text color use the tags: <font color="magenta">Text here</font>

To change the text font use the tags:  <font face="Comic Sans MS">Text here</font>

Hmmmmm, many actions to alter one's text differently, whereas previously one click on an icon was sufficient .......

But Nevertheless, at least it can be done !! :+1:
      I haven't been able to find how to delete my old Private messages. The messages I have in my Inbox are very old, most of which I had already deleted when we were still in the old forum. Anyone find a way to tidy things up? 
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

Thanks Scissors!

@farmerjohn Go to your inbox, click on a message you want to delete, then click delete conversation. You will get a confirmation pop up. Unfortunately, it seems the messages will have to be deleted one at a time unless someone else has learned a trick.

edited 18.09.2015

Thanks Scissors!

@farmerjohn Go to your inbox, click on a message you want to delete, then click delete conversation. You will get a confirmation pop up. Unfortunately, it seems the messages will have to be deleted one at a time unless someone else has learned a trick.

Thanks, jess! Man, there are tons of messages to delete going all the way back to 2013. If anyone finds a shortcut, please let me know. :)  

P.S.- I really miss the dot showing whether a player is online or not. :(
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
Sign In to comment.