Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Comments

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    gayles said:
    Our leader has not been involved, and now I have been made leader. I don't know what I am suppose to do. Help please.

Try here: https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/co-op-basics/
  • Maybe someone mentioned it allready, but somehow my number of posts was anulled and now I have 0 posts and the date I joined this forum was set back to yesterday, instead of sometime last year.
    My dog is 18 months old, so I joined this forum about 16 or 17 months agi, inestead of yesterday...

I do not like this forum (yet), but I will give it a try, maybe I get used to it....

• 1) Am I correct in believing that we can no longer edit/delete old posts, which were carried over into the new forum?

2) Am I correct in believing that we only have 1hour to edite/delete new posts made in this new forum?

3) Why, if I click to enter the forum from my farm/game do I have to sign-in?  It should just be automatic.
  • Maybe someone mentioned it allready, but somehow my number of posts was anulled and now I have 0 posts and the date I joined this forum was set back to yesterday, instead of sometime last year.
    My dog is 18 months old, so I joined this forum about 16 or 17 months agi, inestead of yesterday...

I do not like this forum (yet), but I will give it a try, maybe I get used to it....

Yes, this happened to me too and at least one other player.  My dog is also 18 months old - wonder if that is the magic number lol

You seem to have the same problem as bdreish & Tampoon, you have 2 profiles on the forum, but no one has worked out how to get on to the one you want yet. Must be a bug.

Ellen2132 - https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/profile/Ellen2132

Ellen2132 (NL)https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/profile/Ellen2132 (NL 1)

• 1) Am I correct in believing that we can no longer edit/delete old posts, which were carried over into the new forum?

2) Am I correct in believing that we only have 1hour to edite/delete new posts made in this new forum?

3) Why, if I click to enter the forum from my farm/game do I have to sign-in?  It should just be automatic.
    all correct, but you don't have to sign in if you just bookmark the page or type it in to the address bar. :)
  • BriannospamGame wrote: "it's not only me who feel the new forum is confusing to navigate?"

I too find the new forum confusing.  However, I am very happy to have found the en.forum!

Currently, I am most distracted by the incredibly large amount of screen-space each post requires.  What is the purpose of this feature?  I find it to unreasonably time consuming to scroll down to next post.

Oh well, here's hoping with time I'll adjust.
  • Sunnydays (INT1)Sunnydays (INT1) Posts: 7
    edited 07.09.2015

Maybe someone mentioned it allready, but somehow my number of posts was anulled and now I have 0 posts and the date I joined this forum was set back to yesterday, instead of sometime last year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You seem to have the same problem as bdreish & Tampoon, you have 2 profiles on the forum, but no one has worked out how to get on to the one you want yet. Must be a bug.

Ellen2132 - https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/profile/Ellen2132

Ellen2132 (NL)https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/profile/Ellen2132 (NL 1) "
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My number of posts were missing too .  I'm Guessing , But maybe it is because I have more than one  Farm.
     I use several different servers.  But I use different User names for each..

• Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    Ayyy, looking good everyone. Didn't fit anywhere else and I thought the answer might be of interest to someone else too so here:

Anyone know if the e-mail address on our profile pages is visible to everyone or just us?
    And if it's for everyone, where is the option to hide it? ^-^
    Privacy is rad.
  • Do we have a keep me logged in button? I have searched and can't find it so far, it is annoying to have to login every visit.

• I went to my profile and saw where the email address was, then I went to yours and I don't see any email address anywhere.  So I am going to say no.  There is an option to message you but I have used that for others and it just sends a private in forum message
  •  Most of the time I can't post to the forum. Textbox is unavailable/unselectable. The newletter collors are awfull. Impossible to read a full post without falling asleep....  SO BORING.  I don't get logged in immediatly form the game as well.

For a software firm this is really poorly done... (like most of the recent updates)

• Latten, Please define a bookmark and a discussion.  Or maybe some of you can help with this too.  Just trying to figure this all out!  Thank You.
  • Hi Niryn,

Your email address appears in your preferences & players are only able to see their own preferences.  :)
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    Latten, Please define a bookmark and a discussion.  Or maybe some of you can help with this too.  Just trying to figure this all out!  Thank You.
    A discussion seems to be the new name for a thread. Every thread is thus called 'discussion' now.

Bookmark: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/2573695/#Comment_2573695
  • Kelly1028 (US1)Kelly1028 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    Kelly I found out there is a way to use both forums, bookmark this link and after you log in here you can use it to go to the EN forum to read and post there too.  Groups also show up on both forums :)

English (UK) - Big Farm - Forum

Thanks, I'll check that out too! :)
  • Kelly1028 (US1)Kelly1028 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    edited 07.09.2015
    Edit:  Strange... turned out to be a double post. Sorry. :blush:  :s
    Post edited by Kelly1028 (US1) on
  • Can somebody please explain how i can view the first unread post. I really cannot find this.
    Very confusing to navigate this forum, I am going in circles. Not happy :'(
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    Can somebody please explain how i can view the first unread post. I really cannot find this.
    PINJO1986 said:

Very much agree, EnochNock!! Would just add 1 other question: Why isn't there a page "new posts", so that we won't have to read through all categories again and again?
    But there is a kind of something to see new posts (not like last forum but it will do in the beginning), click on discussions. There you will see a yellow (2) New if there are 2 new posts, just click on that thread title and you will go the the latest post.

I know it is not as easy as the other forum but it will do the trick in the beginning.

Look above at this quote, this is for now the best way to see any new posts made.
  • Can somebody please explain how i can view the first unread post. I really cannot find this.
    If you mean how to get to the first unread post in a thread (or discussion as they are called now), it is very easy to do. When a thread says there are new posts, just click the thread and it will take you to the first new unread post.

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Atm I just skim through the posts. Still getting used to visual difficulties of the new style. But in general, nearly everything here, with inherent hickups of new platform, works as it should. The only real bug found so far is that CTRL + Arrow commands don't skip words as they should.
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    Ahh, thank you very much! ^-^
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Thank you for changing the edit option so that we can edit our posts when needed! :)
  • Please change it back. This is crazy.

Still have to wade through a sign-in page in a foreign language, password entry because this new program somehow is incapable of remembering, a redirect to "hopefully" the forum that matches one's account. And when one finally gets here, he is greeted with untold hundreds of pointless notifications. (These were actually by default being sent to my email account before I figured out how to fix that....) And he STILL cannot view recent activity on all forums.

Everything is too large. Posts, dialogue boxes, graphics, everything. Feels like I'm stuck zoomed way in.

The old board worked perfectly. Please change it back and throw this thing back to the interns...

• bablou1 (NL1)bablou1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 82
    edited 07.09.2015
    Can somebody explain what this is? https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussions/unanswered
    I got two notifications of unanswered threads. But I have no idea why it asks me to answer. Especially since those two threads where in Czech or something, and I don't speak that.
    I spoke in one to notify off this, and my post got turned into the answer and I got a badge for it too.
    But I honestly have no idea what it is, or why I get it, especially in a language I don't speak?

Edit:  Okay so I got an answer in the other thread that you are still working on this, to make it so not everybody gets it but only the people who speak the language. 
  • Can somebody explain what this is? https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussions/unanswered
    I got two notifications of unanswered threads. But I have no idea why it asks me to answer. Especially since those two threads where in Czech or something, and I don't speak that.
    I spoke in one to notify off this, and my post got turned into the answer and I got a badge for it too.
    But I honestly have no idea what it is, or why I get it, especially in a language I don't speak?

Edit:  Okay so I got an answer in the other thread that you are still working on this, to make it so not everybody gets it but only the people who speak the language. 
    I got one in another language too. I used a translator and replied to it, but it still has a "1" beside the unanswered box. I have no clue... What is that?
  • bablou1 (NL1)bablou1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 82
    I got one in another language too. I used a translator and replied to it, but it still has a "1" beside the unanswered box. I have no clue... What is that?
    I think the person who started the question has to mark your answer as the answer they needed to their question.
    So this is a way for people to get answers to their questions. 
    As I got told in the thread I "answered" it should be that you get only notified of questions which are actually in your language so you can answer them. Obviously there are still some bugs in that haha. 
  • I got one in another language too. I used a translator and replied to it, but it still has a "1" beside the unanswered box. I have no clue... What is that?
    I think the person who started the question has to mark your answer as the answer they needed to their question.
    So this is a way for people to get answers to their questions. 
    As I got told in the thread I "answered" it should be that you get only notified of questions which are actually in your language so you can answer them. Obviously there are still some bugs in that haha. 
    I did mark your answer as the one I wanted to get even though it's not true :smiley:  I just didn't want to torture everybody with my stupid idea of showing our community how the questions work..

But as I checked the unanswered questions from my en account, my thread is gone.. finally =) Sorry for this little mishap, at least you visited also our forum ;)=)
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    Okay, so I answered one of these '? Unanswered' questions (in Portuguese - I did not visit that forum, though! Could answer from my own account easily), but I am really wondering how I would ask a question to come up in people's 'Unanswered' inbox like that. Anybody know? It seems to be under the 'Recent Discussions' category, but not all those threads end up in my 'Unanswered' inbox. Also the player to player questions do not all pop up in there. So how does that work? Can someone explain or direct me towards a thread where it is explained?
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

Well – I finally made it into the forum… WOW! Unbelievable! Via the ingame button: no access – every move I made keeps bringing me back to the little window which asks for my password over and over again. The black bar at the top of my screen only shows the words “Sign In”, and when I click on it: ditto….. it's a continuous vicious circle.

But when scrolling down the home page there I found another small brownish bar with the words “Sign In”. I clicked it: and YES!! I got into the forum!! Yaaaay! Maybe a tip for others who can’t get into the forum?

But am still very handicapped in what I can do. I can post now (*sigh!*) but I still don’t have the small icons in the upper right corner of the black bar. I only have a list of words: 'Jiesta (NL1) - Notifications - Inbox - Bookmarks - Account Options'. Can’t change my “preferences”, so my regular email box keeps being overloaded with GGS mails.

But I am in - so guess I should be thankful now. Missed you guys a lot!

From what I've seen up until now, I can't say I am happy with this new forum =

·         posts aren't numbered and very difficult to find back or to refer to because everything is far too large!

·         one has to scroll far too much up and down a page to read/find anything - this “show newest post first” should come back soonest

·         there is no good overview ('discussions' doesn't come anywhere near the adroitness of the "New Posts" from the last forum, so don't tell me it's the same);

·         the timer on editing one's posts is ridiculous;

·         you can't see anymore who is on line or not; at 1 glance I mean (we always have to go to another page for this or whatever)

·         you can't tell the sticky threads anymore from the non-sticky threads;

·         In the old forum we had this small marker indicating that you wrote a post in that thread; plse put this back;

·         why isn't there any page numbering in the threads anymore;

·         in the old forum on the overview pages (home page and 'new posts' page) you could see everything in just 1 glance, by just hovering over a name/post/title gave you enough info to be informed. Now you need to click everything first, then you are directed to a new page, you have to scroll up/down again to finally find what you are looking for: Plse bring this back as it was in the old forum!

·         The text options are far more limited that in the old forum, we should have much more options! Now we can just use bold or italic????

·         Plse undo this Email notifications as default. Can’t you turn it around: that we can checkmark what we want to be notified about?? Now we have to constantly uncheck everything (at least: all those players who still can’t change/alter their preferences).

·         Where are our other smileys? We need more smileys!

·         Why is there no (NL1) behind my name above this post?

Forgive me, but can’t help the feeling that GGS is trying to discourage the whole posting as much as possible by making it so difficult and thus unattractive to read/find/search anything in this new forum….

I’ve a lot of catching up to do, since I didn’t have access to the forum for 4 days and still am handicapped in what I can do on it, but from what I’ve seen up until now it is not very inviting. :(

Enough for now, it’s bedtime over here ...  and the fight with this forum is very tiring!

Sign In to comment.