Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestions for new forum

PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
edited 26.04.2020 in Suggestions
What are you guys/girls think that should get back or should be implemented on this new forum (Timo already said that there not going back to the old forums, so that is not a good suggestion :D).

Already seen some suggestions but not a thread on it's own.

- Putting the page counter back at the top of the first page as that is the only page that doesn't have a page counter.
- Putting back who started the thread.
- Add some new forums as it is a pain in the .... searching for stuff now.

Post edited by TiminuTufu (FormerMod) on

Comments

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Number the posts like the old forum so we can refer players back to post #whatever to find the answer they are looking for.
  • !!!_396723 (GB1)!!!_396723 (GB1) Posts: 253
    edited 06.09.2015
    I hate the Recent Discussions button - it is nowhere as useful as the old New Posts button.

But I would like to see it developed even more. At present I have 100 pages of Recent Discussions (going back to January 12 - what is your definition of 'Recent'?). I really can't be bothered to look through them all to see what I'm missing (especially as a lot of them will be threads from the old forum which I've already read).

So for starters I would like a new button for New Posts - or an option with the Recent Discussions to only show new posts. So after I have read a thread that I'm interested in it will not appear in the list again until someone makes a new post to that thread.

That still leaves a lot of threads which I'm not interested in reading, which still clog up the New Posts list. So I would also like each individual thread to have a 'Mark this thread as read' icon. So as I'm reading all the threads I'm interested in I can also mark all threads that I'm not interested in as 'read' so when I refresh the New Posts they will no longer appear in the list. 

Using these two methods it does not matter how often I visit the forum - even if I have a gap for a few days it is very straight forward to catch up with what I've missed instead of having to wade through hundreds of pages of Recent Discussions. 

(To get an idea of how popular this idea is please click the Agree or Disagree button at the bottom of this post - maybe GGS will take note. Thank you).
    Post edited by !!!_396723 (GB1) on
    • Put back option to "show newest post 1st" on a thread, so that its at the top of page 1 and not the bottom of page a bazillion & 1.
    • Show how many pages a thread has, so the main threads are easy to spot.
    • Put back a marker to show which threads you have posted on
    • Put back the jump to 1st unread post in a thread
    • Make the post background colour white
    • Add more text options for posts, not just bold or italics
    • Change the forum sections, they are too confusing
    • + all the things already suggested above
    • More Smileys  :)

• Please - we need the 'back to top' option to return, the scroll on my mouse is protesting!
  • Better search - We need some filters.
  • good idea! its done!
  • When using the Forum link from the farm screen skip the login page and go straight to the forum. 
  • edited 06.09.2015
    In the old forum, if we hovered our cursor over the thread title we got shown the beginning sentence of the originating post.  This would be useful to have again so we can see if the thread is of any interest to us.  

Also would like the ability to edit posts without a time limit.  

Am missing my friends, can I please have them back

Private messaging has disappeared, any chance of this returning? 
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 06.09.2015
    Number the posts like the old forum so we can refer players back to post #whatever to find the answer they are looking for.

Since it's been more than an hour and I can no longer edit my post I have to quote.  Here's another, make it so we can edit our post time longer than an hour.  Much longer.
    • Put back option to "show newest post 1st" on a thread, so that its at the top of page 1 and not the bottom of page a bazillion & 1.
    • Show how many pages a thread has, so the main threads are easy to spot.
    • Put back a marker to show which threads you have posted on
    • Put back the jump to 1st unread post in a thread
    • Make the post background colour white
    • Add more text options for posts, not just bold or italics
    • Change the forum sections, they are too confusing
    • + all the things already suggested above
    • More Smileys  :)

And I agree with Scissors.  Especially the ones in bold. 
  • Private messaging has disappeared, any chance of this returning? 
    We do still have that, its actually pretty cool, you have an icon for your inbox up on the black bar at the top & also if click someone's name it takes you to their profile & there is a "Message" link there.  :)
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    Definitely allow us to edit our posts whenever we like!

Perhaps you could switch off the e-mail notifications per default and allow people to switch them on instead of the reverse? Now mailboxes are rapidly filling up and some people need those mailboxes for work or study and once filled important e-mails do not come in any longer!
  • Better search - We need some filters.
    definitely more search options! 
    and what happened with the "search for people's name" filter?
  • Bring the Suggestion, Criticism and Complaints section back. 
  • I always enjoyed how in the "what's new?" section it would show a list of only unread threads. Now when I read a thread and even post on it it's still at the top of the list. And it wastes a lot of space listing all the threads too. I like to scan the thread titles, instead each box that has the thread name is huge!
  • Private messaging has disappeared, any chance of this returning? 
    We do still have that, its actually pretty cool, you have an icon for your inbox up on the black bar at the top & also if click someone's name it takes you to their profile & there is a "Message" link there.  :)
    Thanks Scissors, will go and take a look  :)
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I was wondering whether it is possible to add a button "last"  to the pagenumbering of the forum. Since on the last page the newest posts can be found, it would be nice to be able to go there directly, as was possible on the previous forum.
    Or else it might be possible to change the sort to "last post shown first"......
    I would like to get an automatic bookmark for a thread I post in (like on the old forums), instead of having to remember to bookmark it manually. I check for new posts on my bookmarks page. If I forget to bookmark (which happens a lot) I might miss the news!
  • I would like to get an automatic bookmark for a thread I post in (like on the old forums), instead of having to remember to bookmark it manually. I check for new posts on my bookmarks page. If I forget to bookmark (which happens a lot) I might miss the news!
    What is the bookmark thing for anyway? I've never used it, so I don't know, lol. :)
    I would like to get an automatic bookmark for a thread I post in (like on the old forums), instead of having to remember to bookmark it manually. I check for new posts on my bookmarks page. If I forget to bookmark (which happens a lot) I might miss the news!
    What is the bookmark thing for anyway? I've never used it, so I don't know, lol. :)
    On this forum it works just like in your browser. You bookmark a thread you really like or want to follow and then you can easily find it back in your bookmarks.

In the old forums it was called a subscription. You could go to your settings to see whether the threads you had subscribed to (by manual subscription or by posting in them) had any new posts. So you would see the most important or interesting news first. And then you could go onto the forums to find new threads you had not seen yet.

That is how I do it now as well. I go to bookmarks to follow the threads I like or posted in and then I go onto the rest of the forums to find new stuff. I always return to my bookmarks page, do something else, when I get back to the forums I refresh my bookmarks page to see if there are new posts on the threads I follow.
  • oh, ok. thanks. :)
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 07.09.2015

I agree with everyone above and I would like to add....

I would like to be able to change the color & text size in my post because sometimes you just need to be colorful. ;)

Right now, when I click the smiley button it adds the smiley to the very beginning of my post instead of where I clicked. I would like the smiley to go where I tell it to go.

Sometimes my name is jess_d (US_1) and sometimes its jess_d (). I would prefer to just have my name as jess_d but that's not a big issue.

It would be nice if we could change our titles again.

That's all I can think of for now. :)

YAY! I can edit posts now :D

Post edited by jess_d (US1) on
  • jess_d () said:

I agree with everyone above and I would like to add....

I would like to be able to change the color & text size in my post because sometimes you just need to be colorful. ;)

Right now, when I click the smiley button it adds the smiley to the very beginning of my post instead of where I clicked. I would like the smiley to go where I tell it to go.

Sometimes my name is jess_d (US_1) and sometimes its jess_d (). I would prefer to just have my name as jess_d but that's not a big issue.

It would be nice if we could change our titles again.

That's all I can think of for now. :)

yeah, being able to change colors was always nice.

and avatars are so small now. about half the size as they used to be. couldn't they be bigger? :)
  •   Latten or Nafaru......

I would like to have the following changes made, Please.  Please let me know if any of these items are being done.  Please, Please, Please.  :)<3:)

1)  Please Number the posts in the Forum for our reference.  :)
    2)  Add the written name of the item that the neighbors are offering to their offer.  It is sometimes very hard to tell just what the item is.  ;)
    3)  I do not see any way to delete my post if I find it necessary. How can I do this?  :s
    4) Please delete the timer for editing posts. We need to be able to edit them anytime. Sometimes we just really mess up!   :'(   Many times we have joined together as a group to gather information. 
    The original poster, then edits their first post and adds in all of the information that the posters have given in reply.  Then we need only look back at the 1st post to see the results of everyone's comments.  :)

Thank You!   :)<3:)

• Could the threads that are "sticky" (permanent threads) be a different bolder color? It's hard to tell that now and for newer members that come to the forum probably won't know that. (Not that its a big deal now but later when all of the more important things that players want to see that they are requesting).

Please consider adding a page up button to. I know we can use our "Home & End" keys to do this but this could be an option as well.

Can something be done about having to constantly log back into the forum when we get kicked off the game. I get kicked off the game and want to go back to the forum later (I keep the forum up while farming) only to find that I am kicked off the forum as well so I have to login to the forum again as well. The old forum would keep me logged in if the game kicked me off. It's really annoying to have to login so many times a day to the forum.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    What happened to "Suggestion, Criticism and Complaints section"? I have been asked about it, but i really don't have the answer to give. 
    Do we just have to post our suggestions or criticisms in  general discussions?

And what about logging in the forum. 
    Does it really have to be like this: First i click forum icon in the game. Then i have to write my password and e-mail. Then click ok, in pop-up window. And when i go to an other page than mainpage, i have to sign in again.....

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    About notifications: Why there are an e-mail option automatically selected???
    So many players who have visited in forum only once or twice are having their e-mails full of mail from forum. 
    And most of those players cannot log in to forum. They don't have password (don't remember it), they just don't know how to log in forum, it is so difficult now. 
    So they cannot do any chances in their notifications.

Please remove that automatically selected option. Thank you.

I have tried to help many players, but it is hard if they cannot even log in to forum.
  • edited 07.09.2015
    Dara () said:
    About notifications: Why there are an e-mail option automatically selected???
    So many players who have visited in forum only once or twice are having their e-mails full of mail from forum. 
    And most of those players cannot log in to forum. They don't have password (don't remember it), they just don't know how to log in forum, it is so difficult now. 
    So they cannot do any chances in their notifications.

Please remove that automatically selected option. Thank you.

I have tried to help many players, but it is hard if they cannot even log in to forum.
    Very true. It's happening to a lot of people.

Goodgame, it shouldn't be auto-selected.
    Post edited by Graycat Ashes S (US1) on
  • NafaruNafaru Posts: 3,047
    You added some nice suggestions indeed. Let's see what we can do about them. :)

As you might have noticed already: editing is possible again and there is now a back to top button at the bottom of each page. 
    What happened to "Suggestion, Criticism and Complaints section"? I have been asked about it, but i really don't have the answer to give. 
    Do we just have to post our suggestions or criticisms in  general discussions?
    As we feel that most suggestions arise from discussions and a lot of suggestions were posted all over the forums before (when answering a question and noticing that the feature could be improved, in the update discussion, even in the section for technical problems), we decided to try this approach. We also felt that the old 'feedback' forum restricted discussions about general things a little too much. Let's see how this works out. :wink: 

Feel free to tag your threads accordingly, though, if you're opening a thread with a suggestion or some criticism in mind, just as Pinjo did with this one. 

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 09.09.2015

I would like to have an avatar that is NOT just a tiny thumbnail. You would think that with all the wasted space in the text box that you could leave more room for avatars. When we moved to the new forum, I LOST my animated avatar that I've had for almost 2 years which was replaced by this miniscule still image. Not happy about that.  :'(
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

@farmerjohn There must be a problem with the thumbnails being animated. When I click on your name & go to your profile the image is still animated.

***Patting farmerjohn on the back*** Its ok, I'm on my way to your farm right now with a sparkly gift to make you feel better. :)

Sign In to comment.