Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Comments

• Latten, thanks so much for giving up some of your free Saturday to read this thread and note the problems down! I was afraid we were left alone with this. At least there is somebody there to reassure us and promise stuff will be improved and/or fixed.

I agree with Larino, thanks Latten for  checking in on us and giving up a little of your weekend to see ho we are progressing along with the new forum.
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 05.09.2015
    Gwendolen () said:
    ARGH! Where do I turn off the email-notifications? I suddenly had 69 new mails.....

Gwendolen- same here. I thought that I turned that off yesterday and when I saw a post on how to change it. But last night I checked my email and they were still coming in. I hope that after last night it hasn't sent anymore to my email will check it shortly to see.

Post edited by PINJO1986 (NL1) on
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    ARGH! Where do I turn off the email-notifications? I suddenly had 69 new mails..... 
    You should find a bunch of notification options in your settings (The little gear icon on the top right) :)
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    Turning off e-mail notifications:

Scroll up to the black bar, click the last icon (cog wheel/gear), click notifications, uncheck all the e-mail boxes.
  • I miss the automatic login from the game forum button but I suppose I can get used to that.  Otherwise the the new forum format is looking good.
    I do as well.  It was great just clicking on the forum button and getting here fast.  Now I have to login everytime.  Love the new format and the new look.  Please bring back that auto login.
  • Latten.......You seem to have figured out how to mulit-quote.  Can you please tell the rest of us how to do it on here?  Your post above also has lots of German in it, I don't think that was the case in the past. 

You also did not comment on only having 1 hour to edit a post.  Please change that.

I think you would have a lot less problems if you would make a basic how to post in the official announcements or some help screens!  Took me all day to get to be able to post, had login problems like others have, etc. Seem that some things were slow to appear. 

I'm all for improvements and I'll try to keep learning about the new Forum, but so far, I have not seen anything but confusion and loss of things we really liked in the old forum.

Thank you for at least checking in with us on Sat, really appreciate that!
    Multiquote: Click "quote" for the first post, then it should appear in your reply box. Formulate an answer if you want right after that, and when you're done with that scroll back up to whatever other post you'd like to quote and hit "quote" again. The second quote should then be inserted in your post again, you can comment after it, and so on :)
    What doesn't seem to work yet is editing/seperating existing quotes to put text in between.

I will surely do a proper post on most of the options, I simply didn't have the time on friday - I'm stupid at times and only prepared very basic stuff beforehand, completely forgetting that basic stuff like quotes might work entirely different now as well. Sorry for that ;_;

The German in my post is because I now share the same Account for the DE/EN forums at the Moment. I might create a new one for here to make things easier on Monday.

Aggghhhh!  Just lost my whole post!  I was trying out the preview..nice, editing to add a smilie, tried just typing in :-)  and when I type the :  some smilies come up to choose from.  then something happened and everything disappeared.  Oh Well, starting over. :smile: 

Thank you so much for being here on Sat. and helping us.  Being in the USA, people here work 24/7.And in a company such as GGS, when something new had to come out on a week-end, there would be support and technical  staff to help, the ensure great customer service in most cases.  

How is work done in Germany?  What hours, etc.  Or many narrow that down do how does GGS do it?  Just nice to know and interesting how businesses are run.

Thank you for the info on multi-posting.  It's nice to be able to post right after reading a post.  But, since it then takes us to the bottom of the page, it would be so nice to have a button to return us to the post we just quoted.  Takes time to search for it, hopefully they will number the posts very soon for us. 

Will the limited time to edit posts be removed?  I hope so!
    I know you said the editing multi-quotes is being looked into.

You are not stupid, just very busy. IMO GGS developers should have had help screens-at least for the basics sent out to us even before the launch of the new forum.  It takes time to write up instructions, especially with so many with varied computer experience. I have done it many times.  Whatever you can help us with is much appreciated.  I do understand that this is only the beginning.  Are you learning with us, or did they give you some practice ahead of time to let you know too how things would be working?

I do not mind the German in your post, I only mentioned it in case it was a bug.  No reason for you to add another account, that is just more work for you.  I suggest that you just add the English or other language titles to the links, so we can all use them.  I actually enjoy seeing some of the other languages and corresponding with people all over the world!

Would be nice to have more smilies someday and be able to see them when we post them instead of the typing for them, helps to design a post for fun too.  Preview is nice. :smile:  Would be nice is all of them showed at the place you typed instead of having to scroll up for them.
  • Turning off e-mail notifications:

Scroll up to the black bar, click the last icon (cog wheel/gear), click notifications, uncheck all the e-mail boxes.
    Just one thing to add, be sure that you save your changes at the bottom of the screen.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246

Aggghhhh!  Just lost my whole post!  I was trying out the preview..nice, editing to add a smilie, tried just typing in :-)  and when I type the :  some smilies come up to choose from.  then something happened and everything disappeared.  Oh Well, starting over. :smile: 

Thank you so much for being here on Sat. and helping us.  Being in the USA, people here work 24/7.And in a company such as GGS, when something new had to come out on a week-end, there would be support and technical  staff to help, the ensure great customer service in most cases.  

How is work done in Germany?  What hours, etc.  Or many narrow that down do how does GGS do it?  Just nice to know and interesting how businesses are run.

Thank you for the info on multi-posting.  It's nice to be able to post right after reading a post.  But, since it then takes us to the bottom of the page, it would be so nice to have a button to return us to the post we just quoted.  Takes time to search for it, hopefully they will number the posts very soon for us. 

Will the limited time to edit posts be removed?  I hope so!
    I know you said the editing multi-quotes is being looked into.

You are not stupid, just very busy. IMO GGS developers should have had help screens-at least for the basics sent out to us even before the launch of the new forum.  It takes time to write up instructions, especially with so many with varied computer experience. I have done it many times.  Whatever you can help us with is much appreciated.  I do understand that this is only the beginning.  Are you learning with us, or did they give you some practice ahead of time to let you know too how things would be working?

I do not mind the German in your post, I only mentioned it in case it was a bug.  No reason for you to add another account, that is just more work for you.  I suggest that you just add the English or other language titles to the links, so we can all use them.  I actually enjoy seeing some of the other languages and corresponding with people all over the world!

Would be nice to have more smilies someday and be able to see them when we post them instead of the typing for them, helps to design a post for fun too.  Preview is nice. :smile:  Would be nice is all of them showed at the place you typed instead of having to scroll up for them.
    Regarding work hours in Germany: We usually work Mo to Fri, Sat and Sun are generally considered days off for most jobs, as well as at GGS. There are weekend shifts on our Support team and on some more business-y departments, but usually not in our department (although I hope we'll have them at some point, for days like today :D

Sadly we didn't have enough preperation time to prepare a fantastic new technical guide, since these new forums were a constant work-in-progress thing. I'm sure we'll deliver one eventually, hopefully within the next days. We had of course some more time to get a good idea of the forums, but it's probably been not half as much as you think :D We all agreed on these forums in general though, it brings a ton of cool stuff - even if it's acting up a bit for now. We'll get to it!

Turning off e-mail notifications:

Just one thing to add, be sure that you save your changes at the bottom of the screen.
    Right. Quite important indeed! Save the changes you made : P
  • Max999 () said:
    Click on preferences.  

Yes, and what then

You can change what emails you get send but I see no options to change your emailadres and/or your password

Neither do I. Thanks Max!
  • Okay, so I cannot edit my old posts any more now the timer has run out. I am not happy with that! We will need to post millions of new posts and that will only fill up the forums even more! Also informative threads cannot be edited in the first post and we have to add new posts along the way to correct and add information, which will make it very confusing!
    Agreed!  Please let us edit our posts anytime we want to like in the old forum, there should not be a timer on this ever. (larino also said she had only an hour limit to edit?  I can spend that time easily in the game, and then need to come back and edit something too or add to it, especially if I make an error, or after reading other posts elsewhere, etc.   As Larino mentioned we have had some great threads where all of us contribute to the information and then the original thread posts edits their first thread to compile all of the info, so we don't have to read through 600 + threads or more to extract it.  We have a great group here!!!!!  :)

Now i cannot edit my previous post anymore.... sorry, must write a new

I didn't know how to either, but I found out now. If you press the gear icon above your post you can edit it. :)
  • It does seem that I have been routed to the smaller forum with less members than I was before.  I tried to get to the international forum but it says I get an error.  So while I am glad that all the current members of my co-op are on this forum I fear that down the road we will be back to the old problem of part of the members being members of the other forum.  I was really hoping that the new system was to join us all together.  There are way too many names missing here, people who post everyday and are very active on the old forum.  So now we will be missing out on the massive information sharing system.
  • Thank you, Larino and Latten!!
  • On behalf of Jiesta I place this post:

LS,
    I am sorry to tell you that – whatever I try – I dont have access to this new forum anymore. I could access yesterday, but encountered a lot of problems.
    And today I am completely banned it seems.

When I try to get in via the ingame button, it asks for a password which I dont have (the password for playing the BF game wont be accepted) so not accessible. When trying to get into the forum via the numerous GGS mails that overflows my regular mailbox, I can read the threads/posts,

but cant do anything (cant alter Preferences, Notifications isnt clickable, cant write/edit posts, cant access my inbox anymore, the icons/gears are missing in black and green bars, etc. etc.). It says everywhere I first have to sign in  and then the whole cycle starts again: it asks for my non-existing password, etc.

Have contacted Support – lets wait and see. But until then I wont be found on the forum, to my miserable regret.

regards, Jiesta

• I see that alot of people are having problems logging in to the new forum. Here is what I have found, and I don't know if it is the same for everyone, but this is how it works for me. 
    So yesterday I managed to log in with my EN server account on the the EN Forums. I logged in once, looked around the forums a little and then left. I came back and had to put in my email and password again, I tried many times, but it didn't work, finally I just decided to go and click the button to take me to the Forum Discussions, and I found I was still logged in from the first time.

So if you have already been able to log into the forum once, next time, don't even bother trying to log in again, just go to the forum and see what happens. 

Hope this maybe helps!

~Space~

• I was sick and tired of having to enter my e-mail address and password so as to enter the forum so after the zillionth time of doing that I thought I would try bookmarking the page.  Now when I enter the game via the game the log-in screen still appears but I just hit the bookmark icon and it gets me into the forum without having to go through the rigmarole of typing in password etc  
    I didn't know how to either, but I found out now. If you press the gear icon above your post you can edit it. :)
    Up until an hour, yes...
  • Can't workout how to import my signature and I see that some of you peeps have succeeded where I have failed. :(
    I have uploaded the image to Google+ and copied it's URL but can't find anywhere to paste it that actually does anything!  (I think my age may be showing!  lol)
  • Can't workout how to import my signature and I see that some of you peeps have succeeded where I have failed. :(
    I have uploaded the image to Google+ and copied it's URL but can't find anywhere to paste it that actually does anything!  (I think my age may be showing!  lol)
    Mine wouldn`t paste with right click, but it worked with CTRL+V (in edit profile >> Signature settings)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 06.09.2015
    That simple "new posts" button, which was on old platform, makes wonders in organizing work with new posts. All that supposedly "cool" new stuff can't replace it. Just more hassle. I suppose it's possible to programme it here too, but for some silly reason is never included in basic configuration of this platform.

Readability is poor. Bad space/patterns organisation for reading economy.

Standard "move cursor by word" commands - CTRL + Arrow and such don't work properly here in text window - again more hassle in moving around the text.

Since both readability and ease of organisation is of a paramount importance for me I give this forum really bad mark, like most other new forums. That obsolete platform we used before despite all it's limitatons provided actually more in it's simplicity, which has repeatedly been my experience. Not surprising as it's always the same change, the same new forum with the same issues.
  • I miss reading the beginning of a post by hovering over the subject / title.  now you have to open the post.  altho' I do like that it automatically goes to the latest post.
  • Sunnydays (INT1)Sunnydays (INT1) Posts: 7
    edited 06.09.2015
    It's a bit confusing.. lol   It will take time getting things figured out I suppose..  : )
  • Kelly1028 (US1)Kelly1028 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    Wow, this is... interesting lol. I didn't post much, I but enjoyed reading the posts of some people, and unless they happen to have a farm on the US1 server, I don't think they'll be here. I'll miss their information and tips and yes, even some of the arguments (lol), but I know that gradually, there will be lots of that sharing going on here, too as everyone has important things to say! :) I'm also going to miss reading CM's Latten and Nafaru's posts, but I know Margo and the others are going to be awesome people! It's nice to meet you! :)

Overall, liking the look of the new forums, but certainly it would be nice to have an automatic login from the game, if it's at all possible to do, of course!

Just my two, somewhat dull, cents! ;) Time to go exploring!
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    have anyone figured out how to go to top of thread whithout scrolling?

really miss the "go to top" icon.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    nannsi () said:
    have anyone figured out how to go to top of thread whithout scrolling?

really miss the "go to top" icon.
    No, and me too miss it. It was much better
  • Ty Scissors :smiley: 

Home button on your keyboard will take you to top of thread Dara (End will take you to bottom)
    Can't workout how to import my signature and I see that some of you peeps have succeeded where I have failed. :(
    Mine was already like this when I first logged in. I just left it be. I find it entirely strange to read all these problems some people have, for example Jiesta. The first time I logged in I could instantly simply use my game password and switch off the e-mail settings. I suppose that transfer did not go as smooth as GGS wanted after all and I got lucky once again : S
  • I know the player named bøffe on the skn server can not log into the new forum.

Btw, I found out about the post numbering, dunno if anybody had yet. You can click on the post date of the post you want a dedicated link for and it will create that link in your address bar just like it did when you clicked on the post number in the old forums : ) Then when you or somebody else uses that link they will instantly move to that particular post and don't need to scroll through the entire thread to find it.

Still no solution for those that used the number to simply refer to the post, but at least we can retrieve the links : )
  • Kelly I found out there is a way to use both forums, bookmark this link and after you log in here you can use it to go to the EN forum to read and post there too.  Groups also show up on both forums :)

English (UK) - Big Farm - Forum

Sign In to comment.