Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - September 1st - Movie time! - Questions and Feedback

Comments

• Okay done.  Bad virus and I have not been anywhere but here and done some of these videos.  Made Chrome stop working and I haven't gotten it back yet even after scan, virus removal, re-scan, uninstall and reinstall.  Folks, you need to think about this carefully.
  • rheanneke (NL1)rheanneke (NL1) NL1 Posts: 79

the video freezes here too.

Have to restart the game and try again, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

My game button stays unclickable, but it still says that there is a video to see, and that i have to click my prize.

None of the prizes is clickable.

greetz

• Videos on my US server game are slow and choppy and always the same!!!! for some cheese!! really!! ROFL!!
    Videos here on the International WWW server just do not work----no prizes to be gotten  :-((
  • No ads, no life! :(
    I feel left out too! :o
  • spider (GB1)spider (GB1) Posts: 8
    edited 05.09.2015

Still cant get rewards . now after watching a vid all i get is a box with multiple choice vids to watch.watch one of those and same thing once its finished .

have tried refreshing , loging out. have watched over 12 vids now :(

Tried again now all i get is a Tampax advert that leads to a choice of 9 others to watch and no gift :(:(

My partner also plays , so we are the same IP . they get blank screen half the time

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Having exactly the same problems:
    1) can play 1st video and collect my reward
    2) but then it freezes: I can't play 2nd video, start button stays greyed out and rewards stay unclickable - whatever I do
    3) up until now I've seen the same video over and over again
  • My TV/Video not working???? WHY????
  • edited 05.09.2015
    My TV/Video not working???? WHY????
    You should count yourself very lucky.  Do you REALLY want to have all the problems that previous posters have experienced?  
  • Why is there no longer a 'back to top of page' function in the forum?  
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    Why is there no longer a 'back to top of page' function in the forum?  
    I want that back too. And many other "old things"

Please, let's just get back to "the good old forum"
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 05.09.2015
    Got a string of good videos, each different, each played till the end, each gave reward, then video buffer got empty. No complain today. Worked amazingly well.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I keep getting same videos over + over again,never played all the way through 1 for ladies hygiene got 300 gold so now have enough gold to run mine lol so if I can do this while waiting for chickens,do I need to buy gold again,seems GGS made bad decision there lol :p
  • Only 28 days for the isle???? i will not even try to reach 90kk. 
  • First 3 videos sort of worked, and gave me rewward. Since then no video "closes" the loop propperly and they don't give any reward.

Let me also say this: It's one of the silliest moves of GGS management to transfer to new forum, which doesn¨t work properly, and test movies features, which don't work properly, at the same time. Where did they learn about management? Don't you people have any proffesionals in your team?
    I cannot find the other post i commented on, about this.. but its an update, when doing the videos i get a choice of 4, i pick my reward. Yorkypoo was given no choice, no idea what he won. but he has found the rewards boxes in the drop box of the inventory, he just got 270 gold plus other bits . So Kamilcom, look in the drop box inventory... 
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    Nords didn't work for me, and I only got 1 prize for Draksomething and a Sylvania ad I watched to completion before the Nords.

Forge of empires quit immediately... but I got my prize.  Breast Cancer required that I click on it.  Then went to the next and didn't give me a prize.  "Visit our site and take a quiz" got instantly clicked off.  Because there is not indication of what its for.

ADHD ad forced me to visit site for prize.  Adult ADHD however didn't give me a prize even though I clicked the site.

Done experimenting for the day.... or morning at least.

-Y
  • Why is there no longer a 'back to top of page' function in the forum?  
    I use the "Home" key on keyboard & "End" key to go to bottom.... I want back the option to show newest post 1st on threads, makes life so much easier, having to go to bottom of last page to find them, instead of the top of the 1st page, is making me insane. :s
  • Only 28 days for the isle???? i will not even try to reach 90kk. 
    Huh?  You're right, thank you for telling that, else I have not noticed it.

Start new bug-filled advertiment videoshows on a friday, just before they left their office for the weekend, start a new confusion forum just before they left office for the weekend. :(  (and a new forum where many usefull functiion from the old forum, don't exist.)

And now they also start up a new Island where we only have 28 days to do the Island.

As I see it, GGS are totaly don't care with us. :(

• bablou1 (NL1)bablou1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 82
    Okay done.  Bad virus and I have not been anywhere but here and done some of these videos.  Made Chrome stop working and I haven't gotten it back yet even after scan, virus removal, re-scan, uninstall and reinstall.  Folks, you need to think about this carefully.
    Are you sure its a virus? Chrome has done a new update recently, my chrome stopped working too. 
    By crappy update design of chrome it updates wrongly making your chrome stop working, 
    Search for C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAMEOFYOURCOMPUTER]\AppData\Local\Google\  then delete the chrome folder there. Then instal google chrome again. Be sure you use the right one for your computer, ie. 32-bit or 64-bit. 
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    We also noticed some instances where we didn't get a reward, but afaik that had something to do with us working in a big office, all playing at the same time and the advertising provider not being able to catch up, so to say - of course we'll check why this happens to you guys on monday too.

Regarding some people getting no ads at all, that is intented and if  I remember correctly also noted in the OA: Not all players will get the stuff at the same time, we'll add more and more players along the way :)
  •  Not all players will get the stuff at the same time, we'll add more and more players along the way :)

Aha...
    Is it them also possible you can remove this video thing from players who never want to see these videos?
    - If the answer is yes, then please remove these videos from both my farms, ty  (both my skn farm and my us farm)
  • rep (GB1)rep (GB1) GB1 Posts: 16
    Most of my members are watching the ads. I have yet to see one. Does this mean I will not get the ads?
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I am soooooo glad I do not get ads!
  • edited 05.09.2015
    spider () said:
    Have watched 7 videos so far and havent recieved anything and yes I have looked in my drop box :/
    When you are finished watching the video, just wait and the screen will come up for you to choose your reward.  They do not come to your drop box. Using Goole Chrome about 3 went thru fine, then I had trouble with some never going to the screen to get my reward-screens just froze after the video was done, change browsers to IE and it helped-did several until my limit was reaches without another problem, reported it to support.

I'm OK with this, I don't like that the screen blocks everything on my farm and prevents me from playing AND watching the ad t the same time. I do a lot of multi-tasking. The videos were short.  Sometimes another tab pops up about the company, but you can just close that.  I thought that the rewards were very nice too!  4 choices, I chose gold!  But there was lots of cash, water drops and other nice things too. I was impressed with the prizes for watching!  Thanks GGS!  Once I changes to IE, Here's the gold that I got for watching.. Gold 25, 30, 35,30, 30,30, 20, 40,30, 20, 35, 35, 40, 35 then my limit  was reached-435 gold in a few min!  I will DEFINATELY watch the videos and work the videos into my game plans.    Love that gold!!!  Some other great things to choose from too!

When I first click the tv screen to watch a video, the 4 reward choices some up, showing me what my reward will be for watching.  Then I go and watch the video, wait and the rewards come back for me to choose the one I want. Then I have a choice to watch another, there is a limit though. If you are not getting this, post it here or tell support too. 

Latten or Steffi........
    How often do the videos come? Maybe Daily?
    What is the limit per day? - Maybe 20?  Once they come, can you spread them out in between game play? i.e. do one or 2, then back to game, plant, harvest, back to videos, etc. until you reach your limit for the day, or are they only available for a certain amount of time?  Or should I do all I can at one time?  Is there anything that affects our limit, or same for all? Thanks

It is also extremely slow to load the videos on both Google Chrome and IE.  I have Windows 8.1  I have an upgraded DSL internet connection and have no problems with streaming, etc.  Hope they can fix this.

For the person that has IE 8, you really need to upgrade it, you have a very old version.  The upgrades are free.  I don't have it up now, but I believe IE11 is the current version or was it 12? 

• The Tillamook ad does not load on my game
    I cannot watch any other videos
  • Latten, It is my understanding that all we are required to do to get a prize is to WATCH the videos to get a prize.  

I know some 3 question surveys come up on some You-tube ads, but I never answer them, I just close the box.  Some have mentioned getting these kinds of surveys at the end of the ads here too.  I would expect that it is NOT NECESSARY to answer these surveys to get the prize. 

Sometimes when I watch an ad, there is another web site related to the ad that may pop up in another tab, having log in, or registration info and other offers.  That is NOT related to the game but for your benefit in case you want more info on the product, etc.  Again, for BF this is not necessary to do anything with it to get a prize. 

I do expect that the problem with not getting a prize is related to technical issues with the various browsers, etc.  I had problems after about 3 videos using Google Chrome, but changed to IE and had no problems at all.  Reported it to support.

It is VERY slow to load a video. When a video finishes, it is very slow for the prize screen to come back up, just wait and be patient. Sometimes it has just frozen in Google Chrome for me, though the first 3 worked fine there. Technical things will need to be done to fix the no prize reward screen, slow loading, and screens freezing.  I'm sure they are working on this. 

I checked my drop box, nothing extra there. Ther was something mentioned awhile back in the news about an easy way to get more mystery boxes, is that related to the videos Latten? Are they testing different ways to get brizes?

I was very happy seeing my 4 possible prize choices and thought the prizes were of value.  I liked the gold there, but other things were of value too.  I do love those Mystery Boxes, so sometime if  they were a choice, I might even chose them over gold. I did get a gold mining license in one once! :-) 

Latten, please comment and confirm that I am right about this.  Thank You!
  • edited 05.09.2015

Regarding some people getting no ads at all, that is intented and if  I remember correctly also noted in the OA: Not all players will get the stuff at the same time, we'll add more and more players along the way :)

Please can I ask you not to add videos to my farm, it is just extra work for you and extra hassle for me as I wont be watching them.
    Post edited by PINJO1986 (NL1) on

• Regarding some people getting no ads at all, that is intented and if  I remember correctly also noted in the OA: Not all players will get the stuff at the same time, we'll add more and more players along the way :)

I can understand having a small test group, but in our co-op everyone is talking about the videos and only one or two don't have them. It sort of leaves them feeling left out.
  • I never had any problems with pop-ups, but I guess that's chrome preventing them in the first place. If you play with IE or firefox you can change the security settings as to prevent pop-ups. I had one multiple choice ad but even though I'm open to try the watch ads thing, I'm not prepared to go on third parties webpages or filling in any surveys. Fortunately after just closing the ad I got a new option (had to wait a couple of minutes though).
    And though I know not everyone wants to watch them - I myself am not too keen on that new feature as I think it's prone to security attacks - I think it's not fair to not be given the choice seeing that people can earn quite a bit of gold and other nice items along the way. 
    GGS, I think you should hand out freebies to those left out...
  • I never had any problems with pop-ups, but I guess that's chrome preventing them in the first place. If you play with IE or firefox you can change the security settings as to prevent pop-ups. I had one multiple choice ad but even though I'm open to try the watch ads thing, I'm not prepared to go on third parties webpages or filling in any surveys. Fortunately after just closing the ad I got a new option (had to wait a couple of minutes though).
    And though I know not everyone wants to watch them - I myself am not too keen on that new feature as I think it's prone to security attacks - I think it's not fair to not be given the choice seeing that people can earn quite a bit of gold and other nice items along the way. 
    GGS, I think you should hand out freebies to those left out...

I will NOT watch the videos - I am not bothered about the freebies, and I can play the game without any more gold. I have upgraded as far as I want to all of the gold buildings and fields, and I would rather buy any gold if I need it and not be faced with the chance of having my computers security compromised.  The real-life cost if your security is breached could be far more than the cost of purchasing any gold.
  • I keep getting you tube ads which DO NOT give any BONUS. Please fix bug!
Sign In to comment.