Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

This is poo poo.  Please change it back, it worked perfectly well the way it was. Why attempt to fix something that is not broken when there is soooo much broken stuff that DOES need to be fixed?

---Difficult and confusing to navigate;

---Very slow;

---Gets stuck when one tries to post. The dialogue box locks up every time I try to post and I have to wait and wait and wait for it to unfreeze;

---The ability to see activity from all forums on the front page was a MUCH better entry point.

Yep, this 1 million times!! I couldn't agree more!
  • So I noticed that some thing is missing, where is the Suggestion, Complaints and Criticism section? It seems to have disappeared, or I am blind and just can't find it. 
    They all appear to be in with the questions as "discussions" now.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 05.09.2015
    I don't like this. Too hard to find threads. Very confusing. Specially when English is not my own language. 

Why i have to log in again everytime??? 

I think, that many players who hasn't been visiting in forum a lot, are going to visit even less.....

Old one was better.

Why there is : (generic_language-..... after my name ????

How can i get rid of it?????
    Now i cannot edit my previous post anymore.... sorry, must write a new

Do i really need to log in again and again just to post something.

I don't understand this, every time i chance the page, i'm logged out. When i log in again and chance a page, i'm out again.
    I tried it, i had to log in 4 times, just to write this post.

And i still want to get rid of that "generick language"...

It wasn't there, when i first logged in, but when i HAD TO log in again, it was in there
    I hate this
  • Why there is : (generic_language-..... after my name ????

I saw that earlier & thought it was weird too... I guess players on SKN all have the game in different languages, depending on your location, so you ended up with that as your server name.

Mine says GB1, when the old forum called it EN1 & when you login its called UK1, so not at all confusing lol :/
    Nooo, not confusing no....

Just now i would be happy if i can stay IN this forum. Everytime i go to an other page, i need to log in again....
    and again...and again. This time i logged in 6 times. I have to give e-mail, password, select coutry and select international or nordic......

So, why would i say this is confusing  ;)

• This new forum seems like a huge maze to me, lol.

Will be quite a change...
  • It says "after it is approved". :) Makes no sense. :)

Kamilcon- I just wanted to test out the ":lol: " button at the bottom of our post. So I am not making fun of you I just want to test this button.

Latten & Steffi: where is our information on out start date when we started playing Big Farm and our locations?

I'm sure over the next few weeks the new forum will improve and things that we are used to that is missing will be added; I hope anyways.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 05.09.2015
    Does anybody realize that GGS did this on Friday??? Weekend... No admins... No tech support... Just us and a new forum that does all kinds of weird things we are not used to... Deja vu?
  • 1. My old browser, ie8, does not support this forum
    2. I had to login 3 times in order to post this comment.
    3. I used to have over 200 posts, but since I login with my email address, they give me a brand new user name and I cannot go back to my previous login name in forum anymore.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    Question: When I first click into the forum, I see new posts.   Why, after clicking one of those new posts, reading it, and then going back to discussions, do I have to refresh in order to see 'new posts' again?

I use Safari 8.0.7

-Y
  • I miss the automatic login from the game forum button but I suppose I can get used to that.  Otherwise the the new forum format is looking good.
  • jess_d () said:

@Jiesta I'm glad you made it! Click on your avatar at the top of the screen then click on preferences. Uncheck all the boxes that you don't want to receive an email about.

I can see the quote button here now.....weird.

Thank You Jess!!  I checked my home e-mail too and I had 4 pages of new messages in it from Big Farm!!  not at all what I expected from the new Forum.  I went to preferences and stopped them all.  Everything is on the pop-up option and I have no idea what that means at all!  

------------

GGS!  PLEASE NUMBER THE POSTS!!!!  I have frequently used the number of a post in the past to refer to, or refer someone else to, etc.  Please number the posts here in the new forum too!

-------------

There is no where on one post to just reply to it?????

I see the quote button, but if I click it, it takes me to the bottom of the page immediately! Then I have to work at finding where I left off! - Another reason why I want the posts to be numbered!

How do I multi-quote?

--------------

You should have had an official announcement with at least some basic help on it for using the new Forum.  I can't find any help screens at all?

Lots and Lots of questions!!!  I hope some info comes soon!

Why in the world did GGS start this on a Friday on a Holiday Week-end?  At least it is holiday in the USA. But even if Germany is not on a holiday week-end, from what I understand, they don't work on the week-ends, which just leaves us all hanging with no info and no support all week-end!  Not good GGS!

------------------

I've also had problems logging on, wanting a password, some items being in German, etc.  

Last time I did get here on the EN forum.  Just to see if it was working as we were told that it would, I changed the en to us in the address bar, but still had things looking like it was still on the en forum.

-----------------

So confusing about all these bookmarks and stuff too.  

And what about the view last unread message or seeing which threads have new messages in them - like the little envelopes in the old forum?

--------------------------

Well, at least I think I can post this and I'll keep working at it, but GGS really should have had an introductory help page for us!!!! Could have even have been sent to all our home e-mails, or on the home page on this forum when you log in.  Would have been  nice!

-------------------------

Not sure I like this yet, will have to see when I am able to find out how things work!

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Also I don't see where to edit my post. But clearly where I put a SPACE between paragraphs didn't work. I see a tab here for "format" with what looks like the symbol for a paragraph. BUT nothing happens when I click it. (Note, there is a line break at the beginning of this sentence. Or should be.)
    You can edit your posts up until an hour after you posted them. To do so, click the settings cog wheel right above your post, top right. It is in the green bar that holds you name on the left side. If that cog wheel is not there, you have either a bug or the hour has already passed.

I already voiced my complaint about the hour limit being quite stupid, but I think it won't hurt to mention it again, because I am really really bummed about it!

COG WHEEL????  Ok, I know more and more sites and devices are going to the DUMB ICON thing.
    I hate icons.   I SPEAK IN WORDS not pictographs.  THE WORD EDIT was easy to find and understand.   Cog wheels sometimes mean tools like volume off, graphic quality, or sometimes they lead to personal account preferences.  The idiotic icon for edit is USUALLY A PENCIL so who would figure a cog wheel has anything to do with editing a post?

This also doesn't answer why when I leave a space between paragraphs, after I click post that space vanishes.   What dumb icon do I have to click now to do what my return key use to?

This need to log in EVERY TIME is a drag.   

People the old forum worked fine.   
    "IF it aint broke don't fix it."   

Better yet, if you want to "improve it" don't take six steps BACWARDS!

OH WAIT? The last icon, brackets, means I get to see my post in HTML CODE! SO now we have to CODE BY HAND the P tag just to put a space here?
    Not everyone will know how to do this. And what a drag to have to.

• Does anybody realize that GGS did this on Friday??? Weekend... No admins... No tech support... Just us and a new forum that does all kinds of weird things we are not used to... Deja vu?
    Yes, and it's not only the new confusing forum they have started up friday, just before they leave their office..
    They also activated the videos, at the same time, and now today they have started a 28 days Island.
    GGS mocks us :(
    edited 05.09.2015

COG WHEEL????  Ok, I know more and more sites and devices are going to the DUMB ICON thing.
    I hate icons.   I SPEAK IN WORDS not pictographs.  THE WORD EDIT was easy to find and understand.   Cog wheels sometimes mean tools like volume off, graphic quality, or sometimes they lead to personal account preferences.  The idiotic icon for edit is USUALLY A PENCIL so who would figure a cog wheel has anything to do with editing a post?

This also doesn't answer why when I leave a space between paragraphs, after I click post that space vanishes.   What dumb icon do I have to click now to do what my return key use to?

This need to log in EVERY TIME is a drag.   

People the old forum worked fine.   
    "IF it aint broke don't fix it."   

Better yet, if you want to "improve it" don't take six steps BACWARDS!

OH WAIT? The last icon, brackets, means I get to see my post in HTML CODE! SO now we have to CODE BY HAND the P tag just to put a space here?
    Not everyone will know how to do this. And what a drag to have to.

Hey, it is not my fault that it is a cog wheel... Cog wheels stand for settings. Editing is a setting you can use on a post...

And if I do not answer something then clearly I do not know, neh...
  • Okay, so I cannot edit my old posts any more now the timer has run out. I am not happy with that! We will need to post millions of new posts and that will only fill up the forums even more! Also informative threads cannot be edited in the first post and we have to add new posts along the way to correct and add information, which will make it very confusing!
    Agreed!  Please let us edit our posts anytime we want to like in the old forum, there should not be a timer on this ever. (larino also said she had only an hour limit to edit?  I can spend that time easily in the game, and then need to come back and edit something too or add to it, especially if I make an error, or after reading other posts elsewhere, etc.   As Larino mentioned we have had some great threads where all of us contribute to the information and then the original thread posts edits their first thread to compile all of the info, so we don't have to read through 600 + threads or more to extract it.  We have a great group here!!!!!  :)
    Arghhhh.... i hate this. Again i had to log in 6 times, before i STAY logged in. Every time i go to an other page, isee that i'm not logged in anymore... so, again and again.

And editing, why ???

This really is bad.....
  • 1. My old browser, ie8, does not support this forum
    2. I had to login 3 times in order to post this comment.
    3. I used to have over 200 posts, but since I login with my email address, they give me a brand new user name and I cannot go back to my previous login name in forum anymore.

Exactly the same for me - not a happy bunny
  • It is starting to look much better as we all learn how to get here and get around without the guide dog, yet it seems so funny that some seem to spend hours on here and not playing Big farm,! waits for the comments from the usual suspects 
  • Latten & Steffi: where is our information on out start date when we started playing Big Farm and our locations?
    If you click your name to go to your profile, you have a start date there.
    The only place I have seen a location, is our server next to our names, but for some reason some people don`t have that, like you, dunno whats up with that.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    octo () schrieb:
    In settings, how do i change my email??
    I have looked around but can only find the notification preferences.

If this question has been asked already can you direct me to the post or send me a link?
    I'll check this out on Monday, it might very well be that you can't change the address at this point.

This is poo poo.  Please change it back, it worked perfectly well the way it was. Why attempt to fix something that is not broken when there is soooo much broken stuff that DOES need to be fixed?

---Difficult and confusing to navigate;

---Very slow;

---Gets stuck when one tries to post. The dialogue box locks up every time I try to post and I have to wait and wait and wait for it to unfreeze;

---The ability to see activity from all forums on the front page was a MUCH better entry point.

We will not change the forum back, since we changed it to this for good reasons in the first place ;) I can imagine it's confusing, and it's super different for us as well. But it's kinda unfair to judge it without giving it at least a bit of getting used to, no? The "getting stuck" part is obviously not intended, we'll check this out together with quite some more issues we've found :)
    Activity hopefully also will be added later, 'cause that is indeed not optimal.
    bdreish () schrieb:
    The posts are not numbered, making it extremely difficult to refer to a certain post in a thread.
    I agree and I'll weigh in to get this fixed too.

I don't like this. Too hard to find threads. Very confusing. Specially when English is not my own language. 

Why i have to log in again everytime??? 

I think, that many players who hasn't been visiting in forum a lot, are going to visit even less.....

Old one was better.

Why there is : (generic_language-..... after my name ????

That seems to be a bug - we'll check it out on Monday!

Nooo, not confusing no....

Just now i would be happy if i can stay IN this forum. Everytime i go to an other page, i need to log in again....
    and again...and again. This time i logged in 6 times. I have to give e-mail, password, select coutry and select international or nordic......

So, why would i say this is confusing  ;)

I'd say that's not intended as well, will also be checked out and hopefully improved :)

Does anybody realize that GGS did this on Friday??? Weekend... No admins... No tech support... Just us and a new forum that does all kinds of weird things we are not used to... Deja vu?
    I'm sorry for that, sadly that point was out of my juristiction - we've been working on the new forums (for other games as well) since Wednesday, and Friday was Big Farms turn. 

Yakoska () schrieb:
    Question: When I first click into the forum, I see new posts.   Why, after clicking one of those new posts, reading it, and then going back to discussions, do I have to refresh in order to see 'new posts' again?

I use Safari 8.0.7

-Y

Good question - added to my check-out list.

I do agree the timing of some parts of all of this is kinda unfortunate :( Thanks for staying positive and helpful!

• edited 05.09.2015

A couple of questions ---  can we only belong to one group in the forum at a time or can we join more than one?  Would like to join up with my non-coop friends but also have one for the coop.

What are the badges and points for [or is that a trade secret  ;)]

bdreish () schrieb:

A couple of questions ---  can we only belong to one group in the forum at a time or can we join more than one?  Would like to join up with my non-coop friends but also have one for the coop.

You should be able to join more than one group at a time, if you want to :) If it doesn't work, please let me know.

Badges are just fun little forum "achievements" to collect :)
  • Latten.......You seem to have figured out how to mulit-quote.  Can you please tell the rest of us how to do it on here?  Your post above also has lots of German in it, I don't think that was the case in the past. 

You also did not comment on only having 1 hour to edit a post.  Please change that.

I think you would have a lot less problems if you would make a basic how to post in the official announcements or some help screens!  Took me all day to get to be able to post, had login problems like others have, etc. Seem that some things were slow to appear. 

I'm all for improvements and I'll try to keep learning about the new Forum, but so far, I have not seen anything but confusion and loss of things we really liked in the old forum.

Thank you for at least checking in with us on Sat, really appreciate that!
  • sim533 (NL1)sim533 (NL1) Posts: 86
    edited 05.09.2015
    Latten.......You seem to have figured out how to mulit-quote.  Can you please tell the rest of us how to do it on here?  Your post above also has lots of German in it, I don't think that was the case in the past. 
    Just click the "Quote" button on all the posts you want to quote... ;-)

Latten.......You seem to have figured out how to mulit-quote.  Can you please tell the rest of us how to do it on here?  Your post above also has lots of German in it, I don't think that was the case in the past. 

You also did not comment on only having 1 hour to edit a post.  Please change that.

I think you would have a lot less problems if you would make a basic how to post in the official announcements or some help screens!  Took me all day to get to be able to post, had login problems like others have, etc. Seem that some things were slow to appear. 

I'm all for improvements and I'll try to keep learning about the new Forum, but so far, I have not seen anything but confusion and loss of things we really liked in the old forum.

Like now, I clicked your post's "Quote" button twice. So, I'm double quoting you. ;-)

Multiquote: Click "quote" for the first post, then it should appear in your reply box. Formulate an answer if you want right after that, and when you're done with that scroll back up to whatever other post you'd like to quote and hit "quote" again. The second quote should then be inserted in your post again, you can comment after it, and so on :)
    What doesn't seem to work yet is editing/seperating existing quotes to put text in between.

I will surely do a proper post on most of the options, I simply didn't have the time on friday - I'm stupid at times and only prepared very basic stuff beforehand, completely forgetting that basic stuff like quotes might work entirely different now as well. Sorry for that ;_;

The German in my post is because I now share the same Account for the DE/EN forums at the Moment. I might create a new one for here to make things easier on Monday.

• bdreish () schrieb:

You should be able to join more than one group at a time, if you want to :) If it doesn't work, please let me know.

Badges are just fun little forum "achievements" to collect :)

Thanks Latten :)
    Latten, thanks so much for giving up some of your free Saturday to read this thread and note the problems down! I was afraid we were left alone with this. At least there is somebody there to reassure us and promise stuff will be improved and/or fixed.
  • ARGH! Where do I turn off the email-notifications? I suddenly had 69 new mails..... 
Sign In to comment.