Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I typed a message and tried to post it, it wouldn't let me post my message so I copied it so that I could try again. Now it won't let me paste it in the message section. So now I have to type this all over again just to put my message & question into the forum. I just decided to edit it that didn't work so I saved this part of my message as a draft and then was able to paste my original message. This is way to much work & confusing. I guess I had better copy this message again in the event I can't post it again.

Not  sure what to think just yet of the new forum as I am trying to figure out how to get to the forum that I started with 2 years ago which is/was the EN forum & I would like to stay there. I tried for 2 hours to get into the forum this morning trying the US & EN forum & continued to get errors reference my email & password were incorrect.I know my email isn't incorrect because it was already filled in & I have continued to use this email for GGS since I started the game.  Oddly though I can't/don't get emails for any of the events/contest/freebies from GGS but my email is already filled in when i tried to login to the new & improved forum.

I had to reach out to a player in another coop who helped me get in, what an awesome community forum  & players we have. Thank you  Jess_D.

Questions:
    1. Will we have to keep going through the US forum to get to the forum we started with  when we started playing (my forum was EN)?

2. Will we ever go back to or will it be possible to use the forum button on our farms to automatically log us into our correct forum home base?

3. Why aren't the post numbered?

4. Why is there no page numbers to see the next post?

I am going to try in the next few days playing around with the inside of this forum to try to get used to the new forum. But, I am afraid to log out because I may not get back in, it may take hours again to login into the forum, or I have to go through several regions/continents to get to my home base forum lol.

Very much agree, EnochNock!! Would just add 1 other question: Why isn't there a page "new posts", so that we won't have to read through all categories again and again?
  • Max999 () said:
    Click on preferences.  

Yes, and what then? What shall I do Next???

• Max999 () said:
    Click on preferences.  

Yes, and what then

You can change what emails you get send but I see no options to change your emailadres and/or your password
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852

Very much agree, EnochNock!! Would just add 1 other question: Why isn't there a page "new posts", so that we won't have to read through all categories again and again?
    But there is a kind of something to see new posts (not like last forum but it will do in the beginning), click on discussions. There you will see a yellow (2) New if there are 2 new posts, just click on that thread title and you will go the the latest post.

I know it is not as easy as the other forum but it will do the trick in the beginning.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    Does anybody already know what is up with that countdown timer for the edit button? I still have half an hour left on the one in this post, another has 15 more minutes. Does it actually mean we cannot edit the post any more after that has run out?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    gayles said:
    Our leader has not been involved, and now I have been made leader. I don't know what I am suppose to do. Help please.
    Try to do what is best for the co op in general. As leader you will now be in charge of removing members who are not active enough for your co op needs. If unsure just poll/ask the members for their input as to what is best for the co  op.  As leader you may also want to welcome new members to your co op with a message or 2 to cover the rules and requirements of your co op. Good luck I'm sure you will make a good co op leader!
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 04.09.2015
    OKay.  I have one huge complaint.  In the browser tabs (I use Firefox), the icon for the Forum is the same as for BigFarm - the Game.  Me no like!  It may seem like a small thing, but I look up and think I have accidentally opened the game twice.  Every now and then, there are little things that are big things.  This is one of those moments.
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 04.09.2015

Only when I discovered that my own Hotmail inbox was totally full of BF forum posts, I was able to come through one of those post here. But why should the inbox of my regular mail account completely fill up with GGS posts?
    Every single BF Forum post is reported there, WHY!!?? It gets crammed!
    Unfortunately, I must admit that I find this new forum a joke so far - very unfortunate! In the old forum we had an overview, where you could see all categories, in the last column was mentioned the most recent post and in only one glance you knew exactly which one you wanted to read and which ones you’d rather skip. Why is there no “New Posts” anymore, divided in columns so that you had a good overview on what to choose? Now I need to open each item separately??

Jiesta- thanks for the heads up on this. i just decided to check my email and OMG I have so many message from Big Farm. Two years I have played and never got this many messages other than the few support tickets I have submitted. Again, its odd that I can get messages from Big Farm for the new forum but, in the two years I have never gotten anything when it comes to contest and etc....
    Now I need to play around and figure out how to stop all the unnecessary messages from crowded my email that should stay on my games email in the private emails that we should have or have. I need to pass this on to the coop as well so that they can change this here on the forum.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I typed a message and tried to post it, it wouldn't let me post my message so I copied it so that I could try again. Now it won't let me paste it in the message section. So now I have to type this all over again just to put my message & question into the forum. I just decided to edit it that didn't work so I saved this part of my message as a draft and then was able to paste my original message. This is way to much work & confusing. I guess I had better copy this message again in the event I can't post it again.

Not  sure what to think just yet of the new forum as I am trying to figure out how to get to the forum that I started with 2 years ago which is/was the EN forum & I would like to stay there. I tried for 2 hours to get into the forum this morning trying the US & EN forum & continued to get errors reference my email & password were incorrect.I know my email isn't incorrect because it was already filled in & I have continued to use this email for GGS since I started the game.  Oddly though I can't/don't get emails for any of the events/contest/freebies from GGS but my email is already filled in when i tried to login to the new & improved forum.

I had to reach out to a player in another coop who helped me get in, what an awesome community forum  & players we have. Thank you  Jess_D.

Questions:
    1. Will we have to keep going through the US forum to get to the forum we started with  when we started playing (my forum was EN)?

2. Will we ever go back to or will it be possible to use the forum button on our farms to automatically log us into our correct forum home base?

3. Why aren't the post numbered?

4. Why is there no page numbers to see the next post?

I am going to try in the next few days playing around with the inside of this forum to try to get used to the new forum. But, I am afraid to log out because I may not get back in, it may take hours again to login into the forum, or I have to go through several regions/continents to get to my home base forum lol.

Very much agree with yr list of questions, EnochNock!! Would just add 1 other question: Why isn't there a page "new posts", so that we won't have to read through all categories again and again?

PS: just testing how to edit a post

• Enochnock, you can go on the top right hand corner of the forum (black bar), click on the little wheel there (where you log out) and under Preference, you can change that.

Hope that helps :)
    Okay, so I cannot edit my old posts any more now the timer has run out. I am not happy with that! We will need to post millions of new posts and that will only fill up the forums even more! Also informative threads cannot be edited in the first post and we have to add new posts along the way to correct and add information, which will make it very confusing!
    edited 04.09.2015
    Enochnock, you can go on the top right hand corner of the forum (black bar), click on the little wheel there (where you log out) and under Preference, you can change that.

Hope that helps :)

ladyG61- thanks took a while to find it, but I did and made the changes. Feel like Cher in Clueless lol.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Okay, so I cannot edit my old posts any more now the timer has run out. I am not happy with that! We will need to post millions of new posts and that will only fill up the forums even more! Also informative threads cannot be edited in the first post and we have to add new posts along the way to correct and add information, which will make it very confusing!
    Agreed.

I understand the timer concept, but if there is to be a timer, 1 Hour is woefully insufficient.
  • Where are my friends?? :'(

• How do we or will we be able to go to the last post in a thread? In the old forum we cold click on the last person who posted and go straight to their message which is much easier.

I know its still in the testing/new stages but a few tips would be very helpful.

(The color scheme is a bit bland, not that that's all that important right now.)

• How do we or will we be able to go to the last post in a thread? In the old forum we cold click on the last person who posted and go straight to their message which is much easier.

I know its still in the testing/new stages but a few tips would be very helpful.

(The color scheme is a bit bland, not that that's all that important right now.)
    Hi Enchock, I can't go to the last post in a thread, however, when a thread says new post and I click on the thread, it takes me to the first new post. Honestly I like it that way, so now I don't have to go back and look for the last post I have read.
    edited 04.09.2015

How do we or will we be able to go to the last post in a thread? In the old forum we cold click on the last person who posted and go straight to their message which is much easier.

Hi Enchock, I can't go to the last post in a thread, however, when a thread says new post and I click on the thread, it takes me to the first new post. Honestly I like it that way, so now I don't have to go back and look for the last post I have read.

SuperSpaceGirl - You are right it does take you to the newest post, thanks I missed that some how.

I have to agree no that I like this way better when trying to read the newest post. On this part of the forum GGS good job lol.

Edit ****

I was just looking around in the preference section of the forum and found the "Quote Settings" tab. What does this mean:

Quote Folding?

How many levels deep should we start folding up quote trees?

The level go from 1-5 if you click on it.

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 04.09.2015
    OK. I can't change any of my posts. Please delete all my above posts, as they were blocked when I tried them and appeared later.

Atm forum is terribly slow, nearly unusable.
    Posts make very bad use of space, just bulky, more difficult to work with.
    Background of quotes is too dark and text too thin, making it more difficult to read.
    Missing "New posts" button ....... as usual with these newer platforms .....
    Standard rutines Shift + Arrow etc. don't work properly making navigation a mess.........
    Plus milion other things ................... the worst forum change I've seen so far.

What did we need this monster forum for? It does offer some "modern" features, but in general the old one was better.

Right now I'm really disgusted with this thingy. Hope there will be some positive changes to make it easier to work with. The font with it's thin lines is so difficult to read for me, that I'm not sure I'll be able to use it at all.

• In settings, how do i change my email??
    I have looked around but can only find the notification preferences.

If this question has been asked already can you direct me to the post or send me a link?
  • CM Margo:  your link to discuss your "welcome to us forum" takes me to german language page... hmmmm.
  • MRG1 () said:
    Posts from yesterday seem to be missing

I believe the moderators warned us that between the announcement of the new forum and the initial start up of new forum all or most posts made between those days would be gone.
  • So I noticed that some thing is missing, where is the Suggestion, Complaints and Criticism section? It seems to have disappeared, or I am blind and just can't find it. 
  • So far this is much better than the old forum, especially since all members of the co-op appear to be able to use the same forum now not split between old and new players.  I like the groups addition, still playing around with things but so like I said so far I really like this new forum.  Logging in will take some getting use to. 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    So far this is much better than the old forum. Logging in will take some getting use to. Still learning my way around. Seems good so far.  :) 
  • This is poo poo.  Please change it back, it worked perfectly well the way it was. Why attempt to fix something that is not broken when there is soooo much broken stuff that DOES need to be fixed?

---Difficult and confusing to navigate;

---Very slow;

---Gets stuck when one tries to post. The dialogue box locks up every time I try to post and I have to wait and wait and wait for it to unfreeze;

---The ability to see activity from all forums on the front page was a MUCH better entry point.

• Looks nice, I'll take it for a spin.  Thanks for all the hard work.
  • The posts are not numbered, making it extremely difficult to refer to a certain post in a thread.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Why do I have to enter my password EVERY TIME I go to the forums now? Then I get some redirect window pop up I have to say ok to? It use to just log me in with a click. Can't you set a cookie or something? I don't even get a prompt for my keychain to remember me here. Also our avitars shrunk to the point no one can see them. However click on it and the image is stretched to the point it looks like hell. How about a size somewhere in between that looks good in both places?
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Also I don't see where to edit my post. But clearly where I put a SPACE between paragraphs didn't work. I see a tab here for "format" with what looks like the symbol for a paragraph. BUT nothing happens when I click it. (Note, there is a line break at the beginning of this sentence. Or should be.)
    Also I don't see where to edit my post. But clearly where I put a SPACE between paragraphs didn't work. I see a tab here for "format" with what looks like the symbol for a paragraph. BUT nothing happens when I click it. (Note, there is a line break at the beginning of this sentence. Or should be.)
    You can edit your posts up until an hour after you posted them. To do so, click the settings cog wheel right above your post, top right. It is in the green bar that holds you name on the left side. If that cog wheel is not there, you have either a bug or the hour has already passed.

I already voiced my complaint about the hour limit being quite stupid, but I think it won't hurt to mention it again, because I am really really bummed about it!
Sign In to comment.