Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Comments

• Then I'm where I wanna be, US forum. Thx
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

Well, I finally managed to end up in the appropriate forum. Do not ask me how, I have no idea! By clicking many buttons - I often came through a German GGS page what kept asking me for a password (I've never needed a password for the forum, nor ever created one!!); ended up many times in a sort of forum page where I couldn’t do anything, nor find anything ....

Only when I discovered that my own Hotmail inbox was totally full of BF forum posts, I was able to come through one of those post here. But why should the inbox of my regular mail account completely fill up with GGS posts?
    Every single BF Forum post is reported there, WHY!!?? It gets crammed!
    Unfortunately, I must admit that I find this new forum a joke so far - very unfortunate! In the old forum we had an overview, where you could see all categories, in the last column was mentioned the most recent post and in only one glance you knew exactly which one you wanted to read and which ones you’d rather skip. Why is there no “New Posts” anymore, divided in columns so that you had a good overview on what to choose? Now I need to open each item separately??

Furthermore it isn’t clear how to quote a post, multiquote posts, how to insert, or how to edit ... does this mean we have to learn everyhting all over again?? BTW: where is my outbox of my PM's??

Huge bummer!

Well – I’ll try to post this text, keeping my fingers crossed…….

• jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515

@Jiesta I'm glad you made it! Click on your avatar at the top of the screen then click on preferences. Uncheck all the boxes that you don't want to receive an email about.

I can see the quote button here now.....weird.

@LCG42 We were on the EN forum before but now we can post on both. :)
  • Okay so time and use will help one get accustomed to this new Forum.
    I see my avatar and i tried to do a change signature but found no options to upload pic-- has that been enabled? am i looking in the right place--

OBTW-- got to see a few videos but the last one wouldn't give the gift-- are we limited to how many we can see at a time-- couldn't find info.

Thanks!!
  • GennieS (US1)GennieS (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    edited 04.09.2015
    Such a tough time getting here. :(

Certainly would like to know which forum I am on.  But I do recognize some players from old EN one

@roadrunner we can upload images for avatars but I think they forgot to enable it for signatures. When I tried to edit my signature it said I don't have permission to use a signature.

I don't know if there's a limit on how many videos we can watch but many players have reported not getting rewards. I think its just a bug with the video feature.

@GennieS You are on the EN forum right now. :)

• Thanks so much Jess_d for getting me to the right place :)
    You're welcome :)
  • I'm not sure it's good I can say I'm happy, it's not only me who feel the new forum is confusing to navigate?
  • I also agree that this new forum is quite confusing, however I am sure with time we find our way around. At the moment I do have one question though, could someone explain what "Groups" are and what you can do with on?

~Space~

I don't know for sure but I think you can create a group and make it public or private. People can join (I assume with permission if its private) and have discussions. May be a good way for co-ops to have private discussions about co-op stuff. :)

• Initial impression is good.  I'm going to take a look around and let you know.
  • edited 04.09.2015
    I'm not sure it's good I can say I'm happy, it's not only me who feel the new forum is confusing to navigate?
    Brian, I totally dislike this format for the forum.  It is really confusing, so difficult to find the last post you read. I cannot understand why they had to change it - if there were too many posts a spring clean would have done a good job and a lot of repeat posts could have been deleted.  

Also this is showing as my first ever post in forums  :(
  • Thanks jess!!!  That is good to know--- hopefully GGS will address and fixb oth issues ---I miss seeing everyone's signature pics!!!  But so far this new Forum format looks good.

You're welcome :)

Editing signatures seems to be working now. :)

• Where do I change my Email?
  • jess....I still have no access to any signature pic upload  and have lost that thread somehow ...will just continue to play with the site and hopefully get the hang of it all!!!

Can we delete the old bookmarks??  I thought i was doing a pretty good job for me navigating this but I seem to have lost my place!!

Good luck everyone!!

I'm not sure it's good I can say I'm happy, it's not only me who feel the new forum is confusing to navigate?

Well i tried this button "quote" now (but still don't know how to edit posts, the button 'Edit' doesn't work properly. I am just creating double posts!  Grrrrr!

No, Brian, you sure are not the only one. I do believe this forum to be terrible. I soI miss the overview one had in the categorie "New Posts" so much!!!

Thanks jes_d for your tips, I'll try that out; because now I have to clean up my Hotmail inbox every hour, it really gets crammed!
    Brian, I totally dislike this format for the forum.  It is really confusing, so difficult to find the last post you read. I cannot understand why they had to change it - if there were too many posts a spring clean would have done a good job and a lot of repeat posts could have been deleted.  

Also this is showing as my first ever post in forums  :(

OMG - I couldn't agree more bdreish!!!
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 04.09.2015
    I just managed to edit. It is top right of your post, in the green bar, shown as a cog wheel icon. Btw, I got no clue what the (1 hour) is for behind edit...

I see we can flag, agree, disagree now as well.

And another edit (maybe we can only edit within 1 hour since it now says 58 mins?): the tab 'Discussions' seems to be the old 'New Posts' page!
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Posts from yesterday seem to be missing

• Max999 () said:
    Hi Mylaika, If you scroll to the top of the page you will see your name on the black bar. Click on it.

Yes, and what shall I do after that?
  • Click on preferences.  
  • I typed a message and tried to post it, it wouldn't let me post my message so I copied it so that I could try again. Now it won't let me paste it in the message section. So now I have to type this all over again just to put my message & question into the forum. I just decided to edit it that didn't work so I saved this part of my message as a draft and then was able to paste my original message. This is way to much work & confusing. I guess I had better copy this message again in the event I can't post it again.

Not  sure what to think just yet of the new forum as I am trying to figure out how to get to the forum that I started with 2 years ago which is/was the EN forum & I would like to stay there. I tried for 2 hours to get into the forum this morning trying the US & EN forum & continued to get errors reference my email & password were incorrect.I know my email isn't incorrect because it was already filled in & I have continued to use this email for GGS since I started the game.  Oddly though I can't/don't get emails for any of the events/contest/freebies from GGS but my email is already filled in when i tried to login to the new & improved forum.

I had to reach out to a player in another coop who helped me get in, what an awesome community forum  & players we have. Thank you  Jess_D.

Questions:
    1. Will we have to keep going through the US forum to get to the forum we started with  when we started playing (my forum was EN)?

2. Will we ever go back to or will it be possible to use the forum button on our farms to automatically log us into our correct forum home base?

3. Why aren't the post numbered?

4. Why is there no page numbers to see the next post?

I am going to try in the next few days playing around with the inside of this forum to try to get used to the new forum. But, I am afraid to log out because I may not get back in, it may take hours again to login into the forum, or I have to go through several regions/continents to get to my home base forum lol.

• Max999 () said:
    Click on preferences.  

Yes, and what then

Sign In to comment.