Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horses in Training

luvs2wolf64 (US1)luvs2wolf64 (US1) US1 Posts: 170
I really love this game and cannot stop playing it no matter how hard I try, but seriously, GGS needs to rethink the idea of allowing challenges from other players when a horse is in training. If we cannot (obviously) compete with a horse while it is in training, it stands to reason that it should also not be able to participate in a challenge. Not only is it illogical for a horse to compete in a challenge when it's training, but it's also unfair for a player to be susceptible to losing points at a time when they have no control over the horse.

I mean this game is designed to reflect real life farms, ranches, and farming, so why allow a horse to be unavailable to players while in training but available to be challenged by other players? It just doesn't make any sense. I'm not trying to be rude, just saying....
Post edited by luvs2wolf64 (US1) on

Comments

• DuffyKid (US1)DuffyKid (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 14.08.2015
    It works out even. The horses you get to compete against may also be in training.

If you could not challenge a horse that was in training, players would keep their horses training all the time, therefore, never losing points and progressing up the ranks too quickly. Train 4 hours, do challenges for 5 mins (out of fuel), train 4 hours, challenge.

This game in no way reflects real life farms. Where does corn grow in 5 mins, or cabbage in 15, or wheat in 6 hours? Where does breeding two horses make the adults disappear leaving 1 foal in their place?
  • markezuma (US1)markezuma (US1) Posts: 10
    edited 14.08.2015
    My horses are pretty low level compared to the players that challenge them and that I challenge, so they lose quite a bit. I have not seen any loss of points when I initiate a challenge or when my horses get challenged and I lose. Maybe I'm just not noticing something but I believe progress is permanent.
  • luvs2wolf64 (US1)luvs2wolf64 (US1) US1 Posts: 170
    edited 14.08.2015
    DuffyKid wrote: »
    It works out even. The horses you get to compete against may also be in training.

If you could not challenge a horse that was in training, players would keep their horses training all the time, therefore, never losing points and progressing up the ranks too quickly. Train 4 hours, do challenges for 5 mins (out of fuel), train 4 hours, challenge.

This game in no way reflects real life farms. Where does corn grow in 5 mins, or cabbage in 15, or wheat in 6 hours? Where does breeding two horses make the adults disappear leaving 1 foal in their place?

Well, nothing has to be exactly like real life in order to reflect it. I never thought of people never losing points or moving up the ranks too quickly. I was looking at the idea of horses being able to compete while they were in training.

Thank you for explaining, but why was it necessary to ask me where these things happen instead of just pointing out that they don't? I'm fifty-one years old, not five, and I joined Big Farm to help take my mind off my son's suicide and my husband's death to cancer, so I just didn't think this through clearly enough before I made the suggestion. I really wish people wouldn't talk down to other players when they can just as easily answer a question as politely as possible.
  • DuffyKid (US1)DuffyKid (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 16.08.2015
    I'm sorry you took what I said in the manner in which you did. I was just pointing out that this game in no way reflects real life. I was not talking down to anyone.

I'm also very sorry for your losses, but there was no way for me to know about them.
  • luvs2wolf64 (US1)luvs2wolf64 (US1) US1 Posts: 170
    edited 17.08.2015
    I mean I wasn't trying to start anything. I see all sorts of reflections of real life so I mentioned that in the posts, and although you made some very good points in your contradiction, it felt like you were talking down to me, so I said something. I usually don't, but since you took the time to come back and respond to what I said, I apologize for taking you the wrong way.

Also, thanks again for the clearing up the reasoning behind the process.

And of course you couldn't know about the losses, I only mentioned them because they're recent enough to make my thinking cloudy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file