Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hard Worker Event - "No Pain, No Gain" [Regular Version]

monstersincmonstersinc Posts: 8
edited 19.01.2018 in Most Discussed Topics
Could anyone shed some light on what this silo event thing is?

I am asking because all i get is a blank screen, except a thing telling me its 2 days, with no info telling me what to do.

This wasn't here until the game went down a few mins ago for updates
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 10.07.2015
    Try to reload the game Press Ctrl + F5 together. If it doesn't help, try clearing caches
  • Michele Leach (GB1)Michele Leach (GB1) GB1 Posts: 101
    edited 10.07.2015
    Its got bugs !!!
    no instructions on how to do it
    someone has 35000 already how ???
  • Chandraprova (INT1)Chandraprova (INT1) Posts: 186
    edited 10.07.2015
    i cannot see any silo event on my farm :( on which level are u guys?
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 10.07.2015
    The silo event starts at level 8. If you are above that, and don't have it, refresh your game.
  • edited 10.07.2015
    Anyone got more accurate information on the silo event. I mean the basic information has been provided from Goodgame, but it is as usual far from detailed.

This is the information i have found so far:

You collect the item wanted -> you get points.

The more/faster you collect the item wanted--> the more you get points.

If you do not collect the item wanted for period of time/untill time runs out--> next item replace the previous collected item.

But if you keep on collecting the items, your timer for collecting the item is increasing all the time.

You can change the collected item also by paying gold.

What is totally unclear to me:

When does the game decide to change to next item?

-What i mean is i had a timer on corn for around 20 minutes, but then the game just decided now it is time for flowers.
    -Is it just bugged, so that the original timer sets the real timeline to collect the goods?
    -Is there a set time (30 mins or so) after which next item will automatically come to replace the old one?
    -If there is no such timer a player could chain lets say corn for full day, perhaps even multiple days by using special corn and such.
    -Is there a set timer when the box will change if not collected at all?
    Post edited by Soppatykki (SKN1) on
  • Porkies (INT1)Porkies (INT1) Posts: 103
    edited 10.07.2015
    grrrrrrrrrr @ that wacky meter getting in the way when harvesting :(
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 10.07.2015
    The game changes to the next item when you hit level 10 on the gauge and fill the box or the timer runs down.

The timer is NOT counting down properly. I've already reported that elsewhere. I had 2-1/2 mins left after planting WF but the timer ran out before the WF were ready to harvest.

If you fill the funnel past level 7 or 8 you get a time penalty for overworking George's silo. Some in my co-op have determined, if you are not harvesting crops with gold, 7 or 8 is the place to stop.

If you don't collect at all, the box stays with what it wants (cabbage, corn, whatever). If you aren't harvesting what it wants...it just sits idle, apparently.

Sorry I can't add more, that's all I know. I've had the timer run out on two boxes on one farm and one on the other farm (2 servers). I'm very much done until they at least fix the countdown timer.

I also don't care for farm frenzy/farm mania games and don't really care for this addition here.
  • BigSuzy (US1)BigSuzy (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    edited 10.07.2015
    I pushed skip button without thinking Is there an way to get back to corn?
    Post edited by BigSuzy (US1) on
  • DuffyKid (US1)DuffyKid (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 10.07.2015
    It will come around again, but no, there is no way to go back.
  • BigSuzy (US1)BigSuzy (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    edited 10.07.2015
    thanks for quick response
  • Prairiewitch (US1)Prairiewitch (US1) US1 Posts: 101
    edited 13.07.2015
    I really like the No Pain No Gain event, its fun and challenging. I wish it were longer, 2 days just doesn't seem to be enough time.;):D
    Post edited by Prairiewitch (US1) on
  • Wanda23 (US 1)Wanda23 (US 1) Posts: 49
    edited 11.07.2015
    I really wish that it had been posted on the No Pain No Gain page that if you skip a box, you will be charged $ X gold for skipping. I was almost out of gold before I realized what was happening.

It needs to be posted everywhere it happens, not just some things. Grrrrrrrr!
    edited 11.07.2015
    Wanda23 wrote: »
    I really wish that it had been posted on the No Pain No Gain page that if you skip a box, you will be charged $ X gold for skipping. I was almost out of gold before I realized what was happening.

It needs to be posted everywhere it happens, not just some things. Grrrrrrrr!

This information was part of the original formal Update on the No Pain, No Gain event. Besides, if the box is blue, it means you spend gold. And hovering your mouse over the skip button clearly shows skip for 100 gold.

Edit: "
    • Boxes with undesired goods can be skipped at any moment, using gold. The more boxes that are skipped, the higher the costs for skipping get."
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 11.07.2015
    Watch out for boxes with blue backgrounds Wanda, they always cost gold!.... Sorry that happened to you though. :(
    edited 12.07.2015
    I missed the update. But still, it should have said below the skip button "skip for $ X gold" the way it does every where else.
    edited 12.07.2015
    It says it when you put your cursor on it to click. Right above the button. Skip for 100 gold.
  • MellieHardyMellieHardy Posts: 13
    edited 12.07.2015
    I wish it was longer too. I blew all my gold trying to get that last reward, mind you I'm not sorry I did, but what blows is I ran out and now I think I might miss that last reward by about an hour or about 1000 points. I'm at 208,000 plus, and it's 212,000. Gotta do milk now so I don't think I'm going to make it. If it was 3 days, oh yeah. Eh, I got darn close, and I learned that you can blow 1,500 gold buggin quick at this.
    edited 12.07.2015
    I missed the update. But still, it should have said below the skip button "skip for $ X gold" the way it does every where else.

You will find it does tell you, when you put your cursor over the button, it says how much gold is needed to skip & the amount changes each time (gets higher). Chalk it up to experience, anytime you see a blue button, hover over it & ALWAYS be wary of clicking it until you sure what its going to do.... You can even ask on the forums if you are not sure about one.
    edited 13.07.2015
    I don't remember it saying anything. I have trouble seeing real well and maybe I clicked it too quickly for it to pop up.
    edited 13.07.2015
    I don't remember it saying anything. I have trouble seeing real well and maybe I clicked it too quickly for it to pop up.

That's possible & unfortunately, you would not be the first person to be caught out by the dreaded blue buttons. This one said 100 gold the first time & 200 gold the 2nd time... I never saw the 3rd one but I guess that was 300 gold. The event where you hunt for things around your farm (Easter eggs/candies) has a similar button to buy a "hint", that one lets you have the 1st hint for free & then the color of the button changes IF you happen to notice that, so a few people accidentally spent their gold on that one too. :(
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 22.07.2015
    Hi, I was wondering anyone knows how long it takes for the box to switch to next box if not harvest at all?
    like say I have jasmine now but i not collect any, then how long it takes for it to automatically without gold changes to next box?

thanks in advance
    Post edited by Griffith (INT1) on
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 20.07.2015
    It will wait there forever. It's like not playing the event. If you use gold to skip it though, it only takes a few seconds. :):):)
    edited 20.07.2015
    did it become that way from this time? cause i mean i am sure last time when i not collected something at all for few hours and then checked the game, the box had changed itself without gold even. so i think there's a cooldown for it maybe i was hoping if someone knows how long that cool down is though ;(
    edited 20.07.2015
    Yeah, its a shame there isn't an alternative to skipping...Even if it was a long wait, at least it would be an option.

It was like that last time too, cos I stopped playing on one I wasn`t going to start and it never went away.
  • chikenduck (US1)chikenduck (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    edited 20.07.2015
    If you are able to get 1 batch in then a timer will pop up telling you how long until the next box but the timer does not start until the first batch gets harvested
    edited 20.07.2015
    Yeah, its a shame there isn't an alternative to skipping...Even if it was a long wait, at least it would be an option.

but but... I am 100% sure i did not collect some boxes at all last time, and when i would log in later again they were already changed... so i wonder really
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 20.07.2015
    Griffith wrote: »
    did it become that way from this time? cause i mean i am sure last time when i not collected something at all for few hours and then checked the game, the box had changed itself without gold even. so i think there's a cooldown for it maybe i was hoping if someone knows how long that cool down is though ;(

Last time the situation was messed up by short updates, which reset the queue. Outside updates it worked exactly as it does now.
  • chikenduck (US1)chikenduck (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    edited 20.07.2015
    You may be right there Griffith Some boxes I just get 1 batch in and wait for the next box to come up. So I always get at least 1 in so the timer runs.
    edited 20.07.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    Last time the situation was messed up by short updates, which reset the queue. Outside updates it worked exactly as it does now.

I see, yea that makes sense then, if the changes were due to updates. thanks guys :)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 21.07.2015
    Yes, this really bugs me. Because it is right now asking for cabbage and I am already overstocked on cabbage, and my pig feed is overstocked too. I am NOT gonna produce cabbage that I have no use for, nor will I use gold to skip cabbage. No rewards for me I guess.
    How dare you call this 'productivity', it is COUNTER-productive for me to harvest a crop that I don't need, while I need other crops.
Sign In to comment.