Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Missions & cooperative improovements

Suggestion 1

Missions

Limit the amount of gold capable of being used to boost. Oh and I'm a gold buyer myself but I'm unselfish enough to think of other players as well on here who aren't or who are and also think its ridiculous how missions have become. They have the right to fun and amusement as much as every other gold buyer and users, as well as glory and bragging rights.

Why?

Missions have become a walk in the park and not a challenge. There is no strategy, the person that actually prepares and puts in the hard work gets little if not no reward. They invest their time into your game, they spread word of your game and they even encourage other players to get into it. However if they ain't got deep pockets oops "sorry we can't let you have this mission its reserved for excessive gold boosters" There has to be a balance and somewhat of a control so you don't take the strategy and challenge out of it. If its simply a walk in the park for certain but mission impossible for some. Where does that encourage them to buy gold to better their farms, play the game or even want to consider any of the three?

How does this help the game?

It makes players think more development of farms which is what most cooperatives out there demand in their requirements anyways so it aids them as well in getting those competitive farmers. It doesn't d-mean the struggle of the mission but bases it on strategy and timing more than excessive gold boosting. Gives even that non gold buyer or user somewhat of a chance regardless of what type of mission. Better farm also makes better productivity which should be what makes the general result of the mission and not so much the gold.

Suggestion 2

Cooperatives ranking system could be slightly more defined I had mentioned it in a previously post sadly in the wrong place lol. I was new to the game still figuring things out so forgive me for that.

Project Manager

Takes care of updating project schedules on the news board, also making sure a project is always going no matter what time. Since you can't just make anybody deputy and give them the kicking option. That could remain just with leader and deputy. Project manager would just have access to editing the news board, to alter project schedule or simply add must know knews in regards to projects as well as monitoring and starting projects. I'm not certain if that can be made possible but I'm suggesting idea's and hoping you either like them or improve them.

These are my thoughts and suggestions I hope they are of interest to you or even inspire some other form of idea close in resemblance. Thank you for reading!

Sincerely, Bamboo12345
Post edited by Bamboo12345 (US1) on

Comments

• CM MargoCM Margo Posts: 272
    edited 27.03.2015
    Hiya,

First of all thanks for your efforts in these suggestions! Much appreciated.

In regards to your first suggestion, missions where more gold is spent give greater rewards and it really does benefit the player. If he doesn't need to spend so much because others are not, the rewards are smaller, which would be the case if we limited the amount you can spend.

And the second suggestion is interesting! Right now there are coops that juggle the organising without an official title on said persons but I will forward this next week and see what the game developers say :)

~CM Margo
  • edited 27.03.2015
    Thank you I appreciate it and I think its fair to say we see eye to eye on the second suggestion I too have personally experienced it and seen it which is why I made the suggestion. The first suggestion I see what you mean and why limiting it might be a problem. There is no way tho of like tweaking that mission reward system so that it simply gives you good rewards with or without gold being used. I mean its not like gold is used just in missions here. We use it on houses, expansions, skipping, water tower, workshop, dog house, mine, library if you do the math of how much gold all that adds up to their max levels. We are talking way over the 2000 dollar marker worth of gold. So gold is still of use and the game itself doesn't lose rewards if your not rewarded after 2000+ dollars spent for all I mentioned missions not included there is a problem. You get where I'm going anyways? You think you share this message with them so they get that I'm simply looking at this from an overall bigger picture point of view not simple demand, please.
  • CM MargoCM Margo Posts: 272
    edited 30.03.2015
    Hi again,

Yes sure I understand what you're getting at. I'll forward this feedback on!

:)

~CM Margo
  • MasonJ (US1)MasonJ (US1) Posts: 57
    edited 30.05.2015
    I completely agree with the idea to limit the amount of gold used in missions. That would make the challenge better because no matter what level or how much gold a player may have it helps even the field for those new to the game and trying to figure it out, those with little gold and those who may have ran out of gold just before that mission or whatever the situation.

The second idae o fa project manager is very good! If the position is created they should allow that player/post to do the kicking also.

Great job Bamboo12345 :cool:
  • Wanda23 (US 1)Wanda23 (US 1) Posts: 49
    edited 01.06.2015
    I, for one, DO NOT like going on missions against players who boost their yields with gold. It's impossible to come in first or second on the mission, which is the gist of the mission I'd assume. I DO NOT BUY gold for anything. What I have, I have worked for on my own without buying gold.

Trying to compete with gold-boosting players will eventually make me quit going on missions.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 01.06.2015
    i think you guys are forgetting about the other things that come in to play to like useing premium feed or haveing a library book i do not use gold and i do very well but i do have a lot of books and plan it out
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 01.06.2015
    ijrosh wrote: »
    i think you guys are forgetting about the other things that come in to play to like useing premium feed or haveing a library book i do not use gold and i do very well but i do have a lot of books and plan it out

Exactly! People also use special seeds, seaweed & farm machines, as well as having the right things ready to harvest before the mission starts & having a lot of stables/fields.

You will often see posts where people assume that other players are using gold or even accuse them of cheating, when the truth is that sometimes they are just good game players with a good strategy.
    edited 01.06.2015
    I have never seen seaweed or any farm machines. They must be on levels higher than I am. I just got to level 36. How can everyone compete equally when not everyone has the same items/machines available to them or don't have the money to buy things like gold or special equipment.

Apples playing apples is one thing. But apples vs. oranges vs. bananas, etc. just does not work fairly.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 01.06.2015
    Wanda23 wrote: »
    I have never seen seaweed or any farm machines. They must be on levels higher than I am. I just got to level 36. How can everyone compete equally when not everyone has the same items/machines available to them or don't have the money to buy things like gold or special equipment.

Apples playing apples is one thing. But apples vs. oranges vs. bananas, etc. just does not work fairly.

The farm machines are in your garage & all available before level 36. The Powerhouse machine is great for Dung missions & also good for eggs. Seaweed feed/fertilizer/humus, is also available to you. It can be bought for gold, but is often a reward in events, such as the candy hunt that just ended & the coop challenge that is still running.
    edited 01.06.2015
    I never hunted for candy because it was too small for me to see. I have vision problems, so tiny/small things don't work for me sightwise.
  • DeltaOps44 (US1)DeltaOps44 (US1) Posts: 243
    edited 02.06.2015
    I never hunted for candy because it was too small for me to see. I have vision problems, so tiny/small things don't work for me sightwise.

You can always enlarge your screen the next time.

Magnifier enlarges different parts of the screen and is part of the Ease of Access Center. To open it quickly, click Start, and then type Magnifier.
    • To exit Magnifier, press the Windows logo key 0d8a4985-b5e2-41a6-a1b6-e4bafb517937_92.png+Esc.
      There are three Magnifier modes:
      • Full-screen mode. In full-screen mode, your entire screen is magnified. Depending on the size of your screen and the zoom level you choose, you might not be able to see all of the screen at the same time.
      • Lens mode. In lens mode, the area around the mouse pointer is magnified. When you move the mouse pointer, the area of the screen that's magnified moves along with it.
      • Docked mode. In docked mode, only a portion of the screen is magnified, leaving the rest of your desktop unchanged. You can then control which area of the screen is magnified.

[h=3]Note[/h]
        • Full-screen mode and lens mode are only available as part of the Aero experience. If your computer doesn't support Aero, or if you're not using an Aero* theme, Magnifier will only work in docked mode.

[h=3]To make items on the screen appear bigger[/h]
          • Open Magnifier by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Magnifier.
          • On the Views menu, click the mode that you want to use.
          • Move the pointer to the part of the screen that you want to magnify.
          [h=3]Notes[/h]
          • When you're using full-screen mode, you can quickly preview your entire desktop by clicking the Views menu, and then clicking Preview full screen.

• crazed (US1)crazed (US1) US1 Posts: 32
    edited 02.06.2015
    I agree, I'm new, but i get frustrated when I'm playing a mission, and in first place, then in the last minute someone uses gold to fast forword their, then i'm knocked out of first place that i worcked so hard for
    edited 02.06.2015
    When I am in 2nd place with 700+ and the person in 1st has 1,500+, there is definitely something unfair.

But to another question: I put a powerhouse in my garage 2 days ago, but it will not allow me to use it. Why not? When I added the powerhouse, my retro classic disappeared. Why? Where did it go?

Also, how can you use special seeds in a mission? How can you access them?
  • Tboneporkchop (US1)Tboneporkchop (US1) Posts: 105
    edited 08.06.2015
    special seeds are produced in the nursery built on your farm.
  • David19David19 Posts: 5
    edited 08.06.2015
    I am just not liking how it takes up to 5 min to to get a mission going and how when one is ready it is there and gone to quick
    edited 08.06.2015
    We need new missions it gets old doing the same ones over and over what there only 4 different ones rotating
    edited 08.06.2015
    Look I am doing Corn again for a Mission what a big surprise
  • DuffyKid (US1)DuffyKid (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 14.06.2015
    When I am in 2nd place with 700+ and the person in 1st has 1,500+, there is definitely something unfair.

But to another question: I put a powerhouse in my garage 2 days ago, but it will not allow me to use it. Why not? When I added the powerhouse, my retro classic disappeared. Why? Where did it go?

Also, how can you use special seeds in a mission? How can you access them?

There is nothing unfair. First, you didn't say what you are harvesting but if you're harvesting corn, you could have 4 fields of corn that you harvest 5 times during the mission giving you 700. The other person may have:
    a. more fields
    b. higher level fields
    c. his first harvest was special corn seeds (min 200 corn/field)
    d. he used super humus on those fields (100% more crop)
    e. after his first harvest he planted corn and used seaweed humus which is immediate growth and 120% more crop
    f. he has a library book corn booster that offers +3 to +14 more per harvest

The above would be the same for a WF mission. For an egg/dung mission the other player could have more/higher level coops, ducks on the GF, use special feed (for egg missions), or be using the powerhouse (10%, 20%, 50% or 80% more dung/eggs depending on which level is used).

There are two tabs in your garage. One for machines that are activated (powerhouse) and one for those which are not (retro classic).

You make special seeds in the nursery. To use them they are on the second tab when you are planting crops. WF take 30 mins to grow, Corn takes 60 mins so they both need to be planted/standing ready to harvest, when you hit "start a mission".

Happy farming.
  • Gin7 (US1)Gin7 (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    edited 21.06.2015
    Please explain the library book & how to get/use it. Do you need gold to get it? Some things can only be acquired by using gold....unless you win them or something which I rarely do. (as water tower) Is there any way a little gold can be given instead of cash by the guys walking around which you touch with the curser? I don't buy gold but I do save the tiny bits I get for something important. (accidentally hit the wrong button & used some once where I didn't want to...for a field. That didn't happen a second time) I'm on level 31 & have only saved a little over $300. Most things cost much more than that. Another way to acquire a little would be nice. Also: Thanks to all who work so hard so we can have a little fun playing (then all we do is complain) :rolleyes: You ARE appreciated, though it doesn't sound like it sometimes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file